hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    What a day! 🇳🇬🇳🇬🇳🇬🇳🇬🇳🇬
    Can’t believe it’s two years! 🇳🇬🇳🇬🇳🇬🇳🇬🇳🇬
    Let’s have a repeat soon! 🇳🇬🇳🇬🇳🇬🇳🇬🇳🇬🇳🇬

2. Log in to remove the advert

Many Happy Returns

I hope!

p.s. If it weren't for that day, I very much doubt we would just have had a season where we had an average attendance of 18k, so it's benefited us in lots of ways.
    Last edited by Keith_M; 21-05-2018 at 12:37 PM.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: EllChrisso PSN ID: EllChrisso
    We were there 🇳🇬🏆

@hibs.net private member One Day Soon's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: 4 PSN ID: 6 Wii Code: 5
    Quote Originally Posted by JeMeSouviens View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Only 112 years till the next one!

Yeah, but I've already booked that day off.

Happy anniversary.

It's not the goals and players that set me off anymore, more the crowd close-ups. Everyone caught on camera feels like a best pal now, could tell you exactly how so many people celebrated the winner whilst having no idea what I did myself.

One newish thing I've seen is when Gray's about to be given the trophy and seems to ask Stevenson if he wants to lift it with him. Lewis looks like he doesn't have a scoob what is going on.

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Whizz View Post
    Some excellent pictures in that link.

Without doubt the best day of my 55 years of supporting Hibs. There’s been some that come close, nearly, but 21/5/16 topped them all and it’s hard to imagine anything being better.

We’ll see. 😜😜 GGTTH

@hibs.net private member scoopyboy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hibby6270 View Post
    Without doubt the best day of my 55 years of supporting Hibs. There’s been some that come close, nearly, but 21/5/16 topped them all and it’s hard to imagine anything being better.

We’ll see. 😜😜 GGTTH
    I'm similar age and length of time as Hibs supporter as you and I agree it's unlikely to be beaten.

I watch youtube clips most nights at bedtime and sometimes the BBC or Sky Saturday night highlights that I have downloaded onto my hard drive.

Wouldn't mind downloading some of the youtube clips onto my hard drive as well but don't know how to.

Favourite ones are Goals from cup run set to music by Biffy Clyro (Hibee warrior), 114 documentary thing that lasts about 20 minutes that includes the great phrase "Hearts throbbers", a compilation of all the official William Hill highlights from each round by Grant 1875 and too many others to mention on here. Best one is rendition of Sunshine of Leith from South upper not far from where I was sitting so pretty much the same view as I had.

What a day.

Time for Heroes

Logan
    McGregor
    Hanlon
    Fontaine
    Gray
    Fyvie
    McGeouch
    McGinn
    Stevenson
    Stokes
    Cummings

Keatings 65'
    Henderson 70'
    Gunnarsson 83'

Alan Stubbs (Mgr)

Quote Originally Posted by scoopyboy View Post
    I'm similar age and length of time as Hibs supporter as you and I agree it's unlikely to be beaten.

I watch youtube clips most nights at bedtime and sometimes the BBC or Sky Saturday night highlights that I have downloaded onto my hard drive.

Wouldn't mind downloading some of the youtube clips onto my hard drive as well but don't know how to.

Favourite ones are Goals from cup run set to music by Biffy Clyro (Hibee warrior), 114 documentary thing that lasts about 20 minutes that includes the great phrase "Hearts throbbers", a compilation of all the official William Hill highlights from each round by Grant 1875 and too many others to mention on here. Best one is rendition of Sunshine of Leith from South upper not far from where I was sitting so pretty much the same view as I had.

What a day.
    https://www.techradar.com/news/the-b...ube-downloader

Quote Originally Posted by BullsCloseHibs View Post
    Cold beer time for heroes ,beer tears, repeat

They've only gone and done it................

@hibs.net private member Allant1981's Avatar
    such an amazing day, dont think any cup game will top that one for me now

Promising Youngster biggineurope's Avatar
    exactly

Couldn't sleep and for some reason looked at the team that won in 1902,they had a right back with the name of Gray,omen or what ? that was it I KNEW we would win. An INCREDIBLE day that will never be forgotten,won a few hundred quid as well.

Till today I’ve always held off watching the dvd, partly due to the fear of emotional it will make me and just never feeling it’s the right moment to watch it

Halfway through it now where we’ve just drawn at Tynecastle and I’m raging I haven’t watched it previously. Tremendous stuff. Tissues out for when it gets to the final

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member Jamesie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hannah_hfc View Post
    Halfway through it now where we’ve just drawn at Tynecastle and I’m raging I haven’t watched it previously.
    It's important that we never forget the role Hearts played in our Scottish Cup success. Pleasing.

@hibs.net private member snooky's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamesie View Post
    It's important that we never forget the role Hearts played in our Scottish Cup success. Pleasing.
    2 up, 2 confident, 2 be sure, 2 late, 2 bad, 2-da-loo

@hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hannah_hfc View Post
    Till today I’ve always held off watching the dvd, partly due to the fear of emotional it will make me and just never feeling it’s the right moment to watch it

Halfway through it now where we’ve just drawn at Tynecastle and I’m raging I haven’t watched it previously. Tremendous stuff. Tissues out for when it gets to the final

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    It took me ages to watch it as well. I kept bringing it out and then putting it away again. It really is a brilliant production. Loads of these type of videos can be good, but a bit amateurish. Time for heroes isn’t one of them, it’s brilliant in every way.

United we stand here....

Typing this with one hand...

Quote Originally Posted by ValleyHibee View Post
    Couldn't sleep and for some reason looked at the team that won in 1902,they had a right back with the name of Gray,omen or what ? that was it I KNEW we would win. An INCREDIBLE day that will never be forgotten,won a few hundred quid as well.
    Archie Gray I think and seem to recall Sir David had a son born not too long after the cup final whom he named Archie.
    If correct, what a story for wee Archie's future!

What a beautiful sunny day to celebrate 21/5 today.
    When the Hibs went up to lift the Scottish Cup we were there...a day that will live with me forever.

Quote Originally Posted by Dashing Bob S View Post
    Typing this with one hand...
    Legend

United we stand here....

Quote Originally Posted by WoreTheGreen View Post
    Cold beer time for heroes ,beer tears, repeat

Couldnt put put it better myself....that’s tonight sorted !

ggtth

Quote Originally Posted by scoopyboy View Post

What a day.
    I was in South Upper as well and not far from where that video was taken, although I can’t see myself in it.

Someone else has suggested a piece of software to download the YouTube videos. That is an option but a possible easier way is to use a Firefox browser add-on (either “VideoDownloadHelper” or “Download Flash & Video” or both) which once added to your browser just sits there in the background and is only activated when you want it to. All you then need to do is search for the YT videos you want and click on the add-on button in your browser. It gives several different format types to choose from. You just pick the one you want, click download, choose a folder to save it and your PC/Laptop does the rest. Once you’ve got them saved, you could transfer on to a USB stick and you have 21/5/16 in your pocket at all times!!!

I’m reminded of the great day every time my phone rings(not that I need reminding) I’ve got the commentary of the winning goal as my ring tone.

United we stand here....

Quote Originally Posted by lord bunberry View Post
    I’m reminded of the great day every time my phone rings(not that I need reminding) I’ve got the commentary of the winning goal as my ring tone.
    Snap!!

Watched a shed load of you tube videos and the full match again today. I really must stop chopping onions when doing it. I never went that day I was sickened with going to Hampden and watch us fall at the last hurdle I watched it in the house. Gutted is an understatement

The day itself and of course the day after at the parade were just incrediable days but look how much it's done for the club since then. Not just financial wise but pride wise, support wise, feel good factor wise.

It's played a massive part in where we are today and was the crux of our recovery as a club.

Time for heroic replay at ER: just had to look up who our #21 was.

Danny Carmichael - you’re part of history!