hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: John Terry

John Terry

Reports this morning that apparently he is set to sign a new deal with Villa, however he has stipulated he would like a clause in the contract that allows him to miss games v Chelsea.

Classic John Terry - completely and utterly arrogant. Who the hell does he think he is dictating who he will and will not play against?! Villa are his club now and are paying his wages (I imagine a pretty big one at that) therefore regardless of his feelings for Chelsea he should be pulling on the Villa strip, helping his team and giving 100% every game.

What he's basically saying is that he's not mature or professional enough to give 100% against Chelsea therefore it's Villas best interests to just leave him out. I would be absolutely furious if a hibs player made these kind of demands and basically stated he wasn't willing to help out his team against a particular club.

I really hope Villa don't agree to this and tell the arrogant ****er where to stick his contract. Along with arranging his own 26th minute substitution and guard of honour and coming on after the CL final with a full kit on despite being suspended, this is up there with the top cringeworthy John Terry moments. Far too full of his own self importance.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member ian cruise's Avatar
    It's a poor show from someone who considers himself a leader but at least he's being upfront about it rather than not turning up on the day. Hopefully he adjusts his wage to take in to account.

I wonder if he'd be so keen to miss the game if it was the cup final.

What a weirdo.

Coming at it from an alternative position - would it be cringeworthy if Leigh Griffiths requested this in his contract. Or would he be one of our own, a hero, and loyal to his club.

Not saying for a minute that Villa should accept the request.. but that's all it is, a request. And it's nowhere near the same as the incidents you've listed in my opinion.

Although I would argue he shouldn't be playing in the same league as a team he does not want to defeat (even if we all know Villa won't be competing at the same end, and in my opinion won't even be in the same league next season :) )
    Last edited by WeeRussell; 24-05-2018 at 12:13 PM.

Absolute walloper

@hibs.net private member proud_and_green's Avatar
    If that is true I would think Villa must get rid of him. Imagine if Villa were playing against another team where defeat of Villa would mean advantage to Chelsea and he cost villa a goal which led to the defeat. Can't surely allow that sort of clause. Even if he doesn't get the clause, his loyalty must be questioned/

Complete lack of professionalism.

Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by 21.05.2016 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Reports this morning that apparently he is set to sign a new deal with Villa, however he has stipulated he would like a clause in the contract that allows him to miss games v Chelsea.

Classic John Terry - completely and utterly arrogant. Who the hell does he think he is dictating who he will and will not play against?! Villa are his club now and are paying his wages (I imagine a pretty big one at that) therefore regardless of his feelings for Chelsea he should be pulling on the Villa strip, helping his team and giving 100% every game.

What he's basically saying is that he's not mature or professional enough to give 100% against Chelsea therefore it's Villas best interests to just leave him out. I would be absolutely furious if a hibs player made these kind of demands and basically stated he wasn't willing to help out his team against a particular club.

I really hope Villa don't agree to this and tell the arrogant ****er where to stick his contract. Along with arranging his own 26th minute substitution and guard of honour and coming on after the CL final with a full kit on despite being suspended, this is up there with the top cringeworthy John Terry moments. Far too full of his own self importance.
    And breathe.

Quote Originally Posted by ian cruise View Post
    It's a poor show from someone who considers himself a leader but at least he's being upfront about it rather than not turning up on the day. Hopefully he adjusts his wage to take in to account.

I wonder if he'd be so keen to miss the game if it was the cup final.
    I wouldn't even bother renegotiating his wages, i'd simply be telling him to ram the contract altogether. If a player isn't willing to help out his team and give 100% every game than he can leave. He can't just pick and choose who he wants to play against.

If Villa agree to this then I think it makes them look like total mugs and it hardly sends out the right message to other players - can they now pick and chose what games they want to be part of as well?! John Terry thinks he's bigger than everyone else and has a God given right to do whatever he likes, nothing captian material about him - for JT it's all about JT.

I'm not a fan of Terry but I don't see that he's done much wrong here. He is being honest. If he doesn't think he could honestly say he'd try 100% against Chelsea then what else is he supposed to do?

The issue here is that this is unusual. The norm is to play against the club you support, not try a leg and then get subbed. A bit like our Leigh.

Have Villa been promoted?

Quote Originally Posted by WeeRussell View Post
    Coming at it from an alternative position - would it be cringeworthy if Leigh Griffiths requested this in his contract. Or would he be one of our own, a hero, and loyal to his club.

Not saying for a minute that Villa should accept the request.. but that's all it is, a request. And it's nowhere near the same as the incidents you've listed in my opinion.

Although I would argue he shouldn't be playing in the same league as a team he does not want to defeat (even if we all know Villa won't be competing at the same end, and in my opinion won't even be in the same league next season :) )
    Yes. Everyone knows Leigh is a hibs fan, he's never made a secret of that but Celtic are his employers who are paying him a handsome wage to win games for them so that is what he should be doing even if it is against us. I don't want any favours from him, if we beat them it should be fair and square and not down to him not trying. If he scores against us then fair enough - thats his job.

Absurd. Villa should tell him to take a hike. They're a big club and shouldn't have a problem replacing him.

Going on the subject title I thought this was a strange signing for us!!

Testimonial Due
    Villa may not be in the same division as Chelsea next year.

Quote Originally Posted by Big_Franck View Post
    I'm not a fan of Terry but I don't see that he's done much wrong here. He is being honest. If he doesn't think he could honestly say he'd try 100% against Chelsea then what else is he supposed to do?

The issue here is that this is unusual. The norm is to play against the club you support, not try a leg and then get subbed. A bit like our Leigh.
    Whats wrong is that he's the club captain and he's prepared to ditch his team.

@hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar
    When Fulham beat villa it won't matter anyway.

Prick though

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby

Whats wrong is that he's the club captain and he's prepared to ditch his team.
    Maybe he won't be club captain next year. Maybe his team appreciate his honesty. Don't see the need for the outrage, especially when it doesn't affect us.

Left by mutual consent!
    If a Hibs player said I'm signing a contract on the condition I don't have to play against Celtic/Rangers we'd be going tonto.

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    I was going to watch this game tomorrow with no real support for either side, now i'm firmly in the Fulham camp.

What a fanny that man really is.

@hibs.net private member
    Should this not be marked NHC? Was about to post an apoplectic rant about how John Terry is an absolute fud and can ram it - not fit to wear the green - even if he is quite good etc....

Utterly disgusting if true.

If its not true, he is a bell end anyway. He has a whole catalogue of despicable behaviour, going back years and years. It's not one or two little incidents we're talking about, it's a consistent pattern of fuddery which is hard wired into his character.

I respect his honesty.

When a player has declared his undying love for another club it puts them in a difficult position. Players miss open goals, make horrendous defensive mistakes and score ridiculous own goals - if a player happens to do that in one of these games then it places them in a difficult position.

Fair play to Terry for not wanting to put himself and Villa in that position.

By all accounts he did well for them last season - its up to Villa if they're prepared to take this relatively small request into account.

Oh, and I should add that I think Terry is an utter bell end so this isn't borne of any great love for the man.

@hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar
    Doctor football seemes comfortable with it.

Malaury Martin handed him a list of 11 SPL teams and a few others from the lower leagues that he'd prefer not to play against and they signed up no bother.

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby

@hibs.net private member Oscar T Grouch's Avatar

Act like a professional and play for the team that pays his wages. What a position to put your manager and team mates in, you'd have to assume he'd be so unprofessional that if a game he plays in benefits Chelsea in some way he could not be trusted to put the effort in to get the right result for AV and not Chelsea. Terry used to support Man U growing up, so it not like Leigh

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

If he doesn't think he could honestly say he'd try 100% against Chelsea then what else is he supposed to do?
    Not sign the contract with his current employer and move on.

Michael O'halloran should request this type of clause is inserted into his Rangers contract.

Quote Originally Posted by Kato View Post
    Not sign the contract with his current employer and move on.
    He may well do that. If, however Aston Villa agree to the contract with this clause I don't see how it's anyone else's problem. If they are both comfortable with it then fine. He's still a big horrible cant though.

Captain. Leader. Legend.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by blackpoolhibs View Post
    I was going to watch this game tomorrow with no real support for either side, now i'm firmly in the Fulham camp.

What a fanny that man really is.
    That is some session if you are starting tomorrow. Be careful and pace yourself.