hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Left by mutual consent! Iggy Pope's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hermit Crab View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I hope we don't play them, Glentoran away was bad enough, even the the kerb stones and lamp posts are red white and blue! East Belfast is stuck in the 1970's.

I would like Connah''s Quay Nomads in the Europa league, easy to get to and we would have a large travelling support heading down there.
    Wouldn't stop me going back. I was attempting irony about Linfield. The Glentoran game, we chanced into the Shorts social club where we had to bow before Her Maj, smiling, beguiling. Swift half and outside to see the other local across the road (The Eastern?) was populated by Hun doormen looking to kick heads in. Couldn't wait to get back to the town centre which is a great place to be where even the NI Supporters Social Club has a Hibby framed on the wall. It is George Best mind.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Hermit Crab's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Iggy Pope View Post
    Wouldn't stop me going back. I was attempting irony about Linfield. The Glentoran game, we chanced into the Shorts social club where we had to bow before Her Maj, smiling, beguiling. Swift half and outside to see the other local across the road (The Eastern?) was populated by Hun doormen looking to kick heads in. Couldn't wait to get back to the town centre which is a great place to be where even the NI Supporters Social Club has a Hibby framed on the wall. It is George Best mind.

I just remember walking through the cage to get into the away end, then stepping onto a terrace (no complaints there) that still had the high perimeter fence at the front! Then trying to swap a scarf with a local was challenging to say the least! Good trip though.

Left by mutual consent! Iggy Pope's Avatar
    I just remember walking through the cage to get into the away end, then stepping onto a terrace (no complaints there) that still had the high perimeter fence at the front! Then trying to swap a scarf with a local was challenging to say the least! Good trip though.
    The good thing about the cage was it kept missiles from above off your head! Mind you, Millwall is a bit like that.
    Enjoyed the ground itself. **** swapping scarves but did get a nice wee half Hibs / Glens badge off the boy selling stuff at the back of the terracing.
    We got a taxi in to the game from the town centre and the boy would only take us so far, telling us he couldn't go too far into the east side.....
    I've visited Belfast and surrounding a few times now and nothing surprises me. It's a fascinating place though and a big part of British (and Irish) culture, like it or not.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by LustForLeith View Post
    Really hope we play Stanley so I can wear my ‘Don’t Worry. Be Accy’ T-Shirt
    Maybe the could rearrange and have Bristol Rovers,City...or Cardiff. 😀

Quote Originally Posted by HUTCHYHIBBY View Post
    Linfield if we don't get them in Europe.
    Oh for crying out loud when will the penny finally drop...Linfield FAILED to qualify for Europe.

@hibs.net private member CropleyWasGod's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hibbyfraelibby View Post
    Oh for crying out loud when will the penny finally drop...Linfield FAILED to qualify for Europe.
    Are you sure?

Quote Originally Posted by CropleyWasGod View Post
    Are you sure?

He's correct, they failed to qualify for Europe for the first time in 15 years.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/44062281

@hibs.net private member CropleyWasGod's Avatar
    He's correct, they failed to qualify for Europe for the first time in 15 years.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/44062281
    And there was me thinking he'd been whooshed.

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by villager View Post
    a pre season trip to kirkaldy/dunfermline has been a regular feature the last few years.
    That would do for me

@hibs.net private member weecounty hibby's Avatar
    I used to see a young Welsh girl from Connah's Quay, used to get on my motorbike on a Friday and come back on a Sunday. CQ was a bit rough back then and I've no reason to think it would have changed much. Would be good to draw them and go down and it would certainly be a trip down memory lane. Probably be like getting a by as well

Quote Originally Posted by CropleyWasGod View Post
    And there was me thinking he'd been whooshed.

I am permenantly whoooooshed Crops

First Team Breakthrough
    Think after the Betfred Cup draw on Friday we might have a better idea about Pre season fixtures remembering that every team will have a free fixture out of the five dates. Take it we will be going to Berwick on their free fixture. Hopefully on a Saturday or Sunday after the Europa Cup. Brown Bear beckons .

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Lago View Post
    That would do for me
    Here too

Left by mutual consent! majorhibs's Avatar
    NI supporters club is also zombies supporters club, with pictures of George Best in amongst the extinct club lineups all around, was working in shipyard Belfast season in 1st division when we couldn’t stop beating them, as you’ll know normal pubs in Belfast won’t show Scottish games, but NI Club being a club is an exception, was in there the night we beat them 2-1 few years back, mind them all going radio rental, running up to TV & hurling abuse & giving it the “I hate you B’s etc etc”, fine it was winter & everybody well wrapped so my numerous Hibs Tatts naewhere to be seen, have to say I’ve been a few dubious places on a few continents, & not been unduly concerned, but that is one place I’ve worked I will admit I had a few uncomfortable nights. One place you def have to make sure you are in the correct time & place & saying the correct things.

Left by mutual consent! majorhibs's Avatar
    NI supporters club is also zombies supporters club, with pictures of George Best in amongst the extinct club lineups all around, was working in shipyard Belfast season in 1st division when we couldn’t stop beating them, as you’ll know normal pubs in Belfast won’t show Scottish games, but NI Club being a club is an exception, was in there the night we beat them 2-1 few years back, mind them all going radio rental, running up to TV & hurling abuse & giving it the “I hate you B’s etc etc”, fine it was winter & everybody well wrapped so my numerous Hibs Tatts naewhere to be seen, have to say I’ve been a few dubious places on a few continents, & not been unduly concerned, but that is one place I’ve worked I will admit I had a few uncomfortable nights. One place you def have to make sure you are in the correct time & place & saying the correct things.

@hibs.net private member SteveHFC's Avatar
    Linlithgow Rose on the 30th of June.
    Less talk, more gifs. 21.05.16

Quote Originally Posted by SteveHFC View Post

Is that definite or just you speculating?

@hibs.net private member SteveHFC's Avatar
    Is that definite or just you speculating?
    Linlithgow fan posted it on pie and bovril.
    Less talk, more gifs. 21.05.16

Linlithgow fan posted it on pie and bovril.

Ok, not a thing on their website at the moment. That would probably be a Hibs XI imo.

give us a break, you being serious? is it the ladies team/ much rather we did Bristol(either) , Cheltenham or any near Glousc, or near the forest of dean area . personal point of view mind as my son is down in South East Wales.

Quote Originally Posted by monktonharp View Post
    give us a break, you being serious? is it the ladies team/ much rather we did Bristol(either) , Cheltenham or any near Glousc, or near the forest of dean area . personal point of view mind as my son is down in South East Wales.

Connah's Quay in the Europa league any good?

NYRB and Philly Union.

Miss the old days when friendlies were planned for mayhem; Millwall, Chelsea, Cardiff, Leeds etc.

Testimonial Due
    Away to LA Galaxy, just once, all I ask😃.

Quote Originally Posted by AZhibee View Post
    Away to LA Galaxy, just once, all I ask😃.

All staying at Greenlakes place?

Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by Haymaker View Post
    All staying at Greenlakes place?
    Pre-game party😵

@hibs.net private member offshorehibby's Avatar
    Hibs to remain at home for Europa League preparations

Hibs will prepare for their Europa League adventure at their East Mains training base rather than travel abroad, the Evening News has learned. Neil Lennon’s players will kick off their season in the first qualifying round of the competition – the first leg being on July 12 – and will discover their opponents when the draw is made in Nyon on June 19, a few days after they report back to work. The Easter Road club qualified thanks to Celtic winning the Scottish Cup, their fourth-place finish in the Premiership proving to be good enough, but their pre-season plans had always centred on a “staycation” rather than venturing further afield – the routine they followed last summer before they returned to the top flight after a three-year absence. With their £5 million centre on the outskirts of Ormiston at their disposal and Scotland enjoying, hopefully, the best weather of the year at that time club officials see little point in going to the expense of travelling abroad only to enjoy similar facilities. The shortness of the close-season has also been another factor with the Betfred Cup group stages kicking off on July 14 although Hibs will now not enter that competition until August 18.

Any trip would, they say, eat into what is a vital period with three days on the training ground likely to be lost – two in travelling to and from any intended destination while another would probably be needed to in give the players a “recovery” day on their return. Instead, Hibs will probably aim to finance some warm-weather training during the Premiership’s winter shutdown. A schedule of friendlies to bring Lennon’s players up to speed is also in the process of being organised with the visit of Tony Mowbray’s Blackburn Rovers, newly promoted to the English Championship, for Paul Hanlon’s Testimonial Match on Saturday, July 8, offering a final chance to fine-tune the squad ahead of that European tie.
    TOP CASH BACK
    The easy way to make money

Quote Originally Posted by offshorehibby View Post

Hibs will prepare for their Europa League adventure at their East Mains training base rather than travel abroad, the Evening News has learned. Neil Lennon’s players will kick off their season in the first qualifying round of the competition – the first leg being on July 12 – and will discover their opponents when the draw is made in Nyon on June 19, a few days after they report back to work. The Easter Road club qualified thanks to Celtic winning the Scottish Cup, their fourth-place finish in the Premiership proving to be good enough, but their pre-season plans had always centred on a “staycation” rather than venturing further afield – the routine they followed last summer before they returned to the top flight after a three-year absence. With their £5 million centre on the outskirts of Ormiston at their disposal and Scotland enjoying, hopefully, the best weather of the year at that time club officials see little point in going to the expense of travelling abroad only to enjoy similar facilities. The shortness of the close-season has also been another factor with the Betfred Cup group stages kicking off on July 14 although Hibs will now not enter that competition until August 18.

Any trip would, they say, eat into what is a vital period with three days on the training ground likely to be lost – two in travelling to and from any intended destination while another would probably be needed to in give the players a “recovery” day on their return. Instead, Hibs will probably aim to finance some warm-weather training during the Premiership’s winter shutdown. A schedule of friendlies to bring Lennon’s players up to speed is also in the process of being organised with the visit of Tony Mowbray’s Blackburn Rovers, newly promoted to the English Championship, for Paul Hanlon’s Testimonial Match on Saturday, July 8, offering a final chance to fine-tune the squad ahead of that European tie.

Fine by me, not going on a needless trip abroad to a training camp that would otherwise eat into the player budget. We have everything we need at EM.

Quote Originally Posted by offshorehibby View Post

Good. Almost every time we have been abroad we have came back and lost a big game.

Now you come to mention it I think I might have read that somewhere. :-)