hibs.net Messageboard

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by The Spaceman View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Come on Celtic!

Question for the board - if it was The Rangers Football Club Vs Motherwell, would The Rangers be as popular a choice?
    Yes, regardless if it benefits Hibs that's all that matters.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Leigh knows the score ... and therefore will score for us once more, or twice more just to be safe

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Trips View Post
    Not a fan of wanting this mob to win any match but if it benefits Hibs I will treat this like its Hibs playing for a Euro spot.

Celtic to put this away early hopefully.
    I agree it's tough to support Celtic but Hibs interest must come first so hopefully they win. I'll go for 1-0.

@hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Canon Hannan View Post
    Just found 2 Jambos in this thread
    Anything that helps Hibernian is what we want. Plus it winds up Sevco
    They really need to be focussed on the early stages of the league cup. Most weren't born when they last won it and they got absolutely humiliated in the qualifying round last time.

Europe's not for them, lucky with that non compliant ground.

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby

Quote Originally Posted by bernz View Post
    Did St Johnstone not make a loss in one of their European adventures?
    Probably , but they likely only had about 800 at their home game.

@hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Carheenlea View Post
    Needs must, so supporting Celtic for a day is going to have to be done.

Got my St Pauli baseball cap on, wearing a “remember the 10” commemorative t shirt, have shared a post in support of the Palestinian cause on social media, have mid tempo Irish country & western on the stereo, made a condescending remark to a Hibs fan and using more H’s in words than normally required.

Come on Celtic.
    Oversized free hat handed out by Guinness and left over from St Patricks day "celebrations"?

If not you're not a real plastic.☺

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby

Come on Celtic!

Question for the board - if it was The Rangers Football Club Vs Motherwell, would The Rangers be as popular a choice?
    Probably not but I would personally hope that Rangers would win today if they were playing instead of Celtic.

I'm not too sure how I would feel if it was Hearts though.

@hibs.net private member Spike Mandela's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir David Gray View Post
    I'm truly gobsmacked at the number of Hibs fans hoping for Motherwell to win tomorrow.

Genuinely beggars belief.
    Let’s face it, if Hibs couldn’t qualify for Europe the vast majority of us would be rooting for Motherwell. So whilst it makes sense to hope for a Celtic win I think a lot of people are indifferent as to what happens. If Motherwell win it’s a victory for the ‘wee guy’ and I would be happy for the Motherwell fans.

If we qualify for Europe it will be good, I will be interested to find out our opposition and I might even scrape enough for a trip away but at the end of the day not being in Europe won’t be the end of the world in terms of next season.

I am looking forward to sitting back watching the final with a beer and whatever happens, happens. It’s a win/win for me.

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by allant1981 View Post
    no idea sorry

Entering at the 1st qualifying round is not a big pay day. It might also disrupt our pre season.

Quote Originally Posted by jacomo View Post
    Entering at the 1st qualifying round is not a big pay day. It might also disrupt our pre season.
    If we aren't in Europe we'll be starting our League Cup campaign the same week so our pre season will remain much the same surely?
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by CMac1988 View Post
    Really? Classless.

I usually root for the underdog unless they're managed but some clown I enjoy seeing get beat but this time around the outcome affects us so I'm looking for a Celtic win. That nonsense just reinforces me wanting Celtic to win regardless of the fact.

Shame as I actually like Motherwell and enjoy the away day. Hope they get pumped today.
    Yeah, their promotional video the Motherwell FC account posted was saying time for new heroes https://twitter.com/motherwellfc/status/997537310819438592

They better no win and release a time for new heroes dvd !

@hibs.net private member Moulin Yarns's Avatar
    I would like to see motherwell win the cup, always good to see the underdog do well.

Just not today.
    There is no such thing as too much yarn, just not enough time.

Quote Originally Posted by Spike Mandela View Post
    Let’s face it, if Hibs couldn’t qualify for Europe the vast majority of us would be rooting for Motherwell. So whilst it makes sense to hope for a Celtic win I think a lot of people are indifferent as to what happens. If Motherwell win it’s a victory for the ‘wee guy’ and I would be happy for the Motherwell fans.

If we qualify for Europe it will be good, I will be interested to find out our opposition and I might even scrape enough for a trip away but at the end of the day not being in Europe won’t be the end of the world in terms of next season.

I am looking forward to sitting back watching the final with a beer and whatever happens, happens. It’s a win/win for me.
    Hibs can qualify for Europe though so that argument is irrelevant.

You say not being in Europe is not the end of the world. Of course in the grand scheme of things that is true but I wonder how all those Hibs fans wanting Motherwell to win today will feel if Aberdeen are able to pull further ahead of us financially if we miss out on Europe and they beat us to signing targets.

They are the benchmark for us. We should be aiming to beat them and become the 2nd/3rd force team in the country (there's little we can do if Rangers get themselves in order).

They are ahead of us at the moment thanks to our previous mismanagement and three year Championship "adventure". The main way we can attempt to bridge the gap is by regularly qualifying for Europe and become an established side in getting into the Europa League year after year. I also feel that someone ambitious like Neil Lennon will need European football to keep him occupied at the club.

It is absolutely ludicrous to suggest that Hibs can afford to pass up the opportunity of European football and even more ludicrous that fans of the club are willing to see us miss out just so fans of another club can have a good day out.

@hibs.net private member cabbageandribs1875's Avatar
    what a lovely day for a Hampden Final

You are objectively wrong to say this.

Given we play friendlies as part of pre-season surely the chance to play a Euopean qualified team would be of at least equal benefit with the added bonus that if we beat them we're in the next round?

Also, while I normally would be of the opinion that we'd only get the one fixture what Lennon did against Brondby having just arrived and with a poorer team than we had this season suggests it may not be quite the meaningless rubber I'd usually take it to be.

Quote Originally Posted by Greencore View Post
    For the people that don't know....

Celtic = win = European football for hibs.

Motherwell = win = No European football for hibs.

European football = Money for hibs

- Come on Celtic.
    European football = more kudos and bargaining power for players like Kamberi and Mclaren and others.

Quote Originally Posted by HFCEighteen75 View Post
    You are objectively wrong to say this.
    215000 euros from uefa plus a large crowd at ER and possibly tv rights.

btw, tall order though it is , 2.6M euros guaranteed fir group stage.

Stephen Craigan has a crap day and the Hibees are on the road to somewhere in Europe. Jambos jealous as well.

Own training ground
    Great stadium and fans
    European football.

Even Messi would be tempted.

@hibs.net private member Carheenlea's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by cabbageandribs1875 View Post
    what a lovely day for a Hampden Final
    Is it not always blazing sunshine on Scottish Cup Final day? Maybe selective memory, but always kind of associate Scottish Cup Finals with great weather. Same for the old Scotland v England home Internationals at Hampden.

Come on Celtic!

As much as it would pain me I would still be hoping for a Rangers win.

Quote Originally Posted by Lendo View Post
    As much as it would pain me I would still be hoping for a Rangers win.
    No pain from me. My love for the Hibees and my will for things to go our way massively outweighs my dislike for any other club.

Quote Originally Posted by Carheenlea View Post
    Is it not always blazing sunshine on Scottish Cup Final day? Maybe selective memory, but always kind of associate Scottish Cup Finals with great weather. Same for the old Scotland v England home Internationals at Hampden.
    Now that you mention it.....

@hibs.net private member Northernhibee's Avatar
    I'm absolutely torn on this one. Europe would be great but the win would mean so much more to the Motherwell fans and after 2016 I'd hate to see the status quo of reasonably meaningless cup wins return. I'll never forget how we out sang the Celtic fans in 2013 at 3-0 down, it showed how little it means to win something you're odds on favourite to win.

Do you think your security can keep you in purity, you will not shake us off above or below. Scottish friction, Scottish fiction

Left by mutual consent!
    I’d probably want Celtic to win anyway even if it wasn’t for the Europe thing.

Celtic win is the default so who cares if they do it. Any other club and it’s a big boost for them.

Stuff Motherwell and their fans, I want Europe !

Come on Celtic

@hibs.net private member cabbageandribs1875's Avatar
    1. i want sellick to win to ensure OUR club european footy

2. i don't want murrawell winning because i don't want another club reaching our tally of SC wins

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir David Gray View Post
    Hibs can qualify for Europe though so that argument is irrelevant.

You say not being in Europe is not the end of the world. Of course in the grand scheme of things that is true but I wonder how all those Hibs fans wanting Motherwell to win today will feel if Aberdeen are able to pull further ahead of us financially if we miss out on Europe and they beat us to signing targets.

They are the benchmark for us. We should be aiming to beat them and become the 2nd/3rd force team in the country (there's little we can do if Rangers get themselves in order).

They are ahead of us at the moment thanks to our previous mismanagement and three year Championship "adventure". The main way we can attempt to bridge the gap is by regularly qualifying for Europe and become an established side in getting into the Europa League year after year. I also feel that someone ambitious like Neil Lennon will need European football to keep him occupied at the club.

It is absolutely ludicrous to suggest that Hibs can afford to pass up the opportunity of European football and even more ludicrous that fans of the club are willing to see us miss out just so fans of another club can have a good day out.

Would you feel the same if it was Hertz in the cup final, dinnae think so.
    C'mon the Well

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: GlasMatt PSN ID: mrxblaikiex
    Hate saying this but come on Celtic!

Hibs in Europe is fantastic for the club and for attracting players and with Lennon at the helm going a few rounds isn’t entirely impossible, we were unlucky against Brondby a few years back and for once we have a manager with a decent European record!!