hibs.net Messageboard

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Weir07 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Yes, I was going to post I wanted a Motherwell win too, had the best football day ever in 2016 and would like fans of other non Old Firm teams (except Hearts) to experience that too. One European tie means nothing, we won't even make money unless we get a club attractive to TV. All the Motherwell fans I know are pretty sound too.
    Jesus wept it gets better.

One European tie means nothing?

What exactly is the point in competing in the league every season if we're not going to bother about European qualification? I'm pretty sure Leeann Dempster and the rest of the board wouldn't be quite so dismissive over what a European place would mean for the club.

I'll remind you of this post later in the summer if Motherwell do win tomorrow and we end up losing out on a player to Aberdeen thanks to them qualifying for the Europa League and us missing out.

As long as the Motherwell fans have fun tomorrow though, that's the main thing.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Bristolhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BoomtownHibeys View Post
    What a bizarre way of looking at things. Normally would want a Celtc defeat however a Celtc win benefits my club which is all I care about.

So a Celtc win for me please
    Absolutely this. A no brainer.

J

Quote Originally Posted by Sir David Gray View Post

What exactly is the point in competing in the league every season if we're not going to bother about European qualification? I'm pretty sure Leeann Dempster and the rest of the board wouldn't be quite so dismissive over what a European place would mean for the club.

I'll remind you of this post later in the summer if Motherwell do win tomorrow and we end up losing out on a player to Aberdeen thanks to them qualifying for the Europa League and us missing out.

Agreed. Bonkers.

Quite frankly, **** Motherwell. Their losing benefits the club we support. It shouldn’t even be a discussion.

J
    Last edited by Bristolhibby; 18-05-2018 at 07:33 PM.

@hibs.net private member

Fair enough, I'd take that on the chin, I'll remind you if we get knocked out by some Lithuanian team after the first round though!

Fair enough, I'd take that on the chin, I'll remind you if we get knocked out by some Lithuanian team after the first round though!
    That’s the spirit!

Let’s just go for voluntary relegation, because we won’t win the League.

Balls to Motherwell!

J

Let's just get relegated down to the East of Scotland 3rd division amateur league.

There's clearly no point in trying for this European carry on. It will never catch on.

This is the sort of thing that used to plague us on the pitch for years and I wonder where it came from. Why are we soft as *****? Can’t believe there are folk who don’t want a Celtic win?!?

Quote Originally Posted by Bristolhibby View Post
    Agreed. Bonkers.

Quite frankly, **** Motherwell. Their losing benefits the club we support. It shouldn’t even be a discussion.

J
    Exactly, a Motherwell victory tomorrow damages our club. Anybody who wishes for that scenario is not a Hibs supporter.

@hibs.net private member LALthehibeeGAL's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    I’ve no idea why anyone would want Motherwell to win in these circumstances. Celtc might be a horrible, detestable outfit but I’ll be cheering them on for 90 minutes on Saturday.

What he said!!!

@hibs.net private member
    Let's just get relegated down to the East of Scotland 3rd division amateur league.

There's clearly no point in trying for this European carry on. It will never catch on.
    A bit extreme mate, been following Hibs seriously since the mid eighties, European highlights, a win against Videoton and defeat to AEK Athens. Happily eat humble pie if we qualify for the group stages or make a shed load before getting knocked out.

Anyone who was over at the Vetra game would jump at the chance to go back and wouldnae be giving a 2nd thought to Motherwell whilst they were there. You gloat to fellow Hibs fans if we get beat if you want though.

Celtic to win please. Unfortunately.

I mean Motherwell have a song and everything.

Have Aberdeen been knocked out by minnows at any point over the last few years? Unless you think our team is pish then surely you have to believe we have a decent chance of making it through a couple of rounds. Aberdeen have had some great ties over recent years including one against Real Sociedad, we were a penalty shootout away from a tie against Hertha Berlin the last time we played in Europe and we were a championship team at the time

A bit extreme mate, been following Hibs seriously since the mid eighties, European highlights, a win against Videoton and defeat to AEK Athens. Happily eat humble pie if we qualify for the group stages or make a shed load before getting knocked out.
    Your European highlights are hardly going to improve if we don’t qualify for the thing to start with. Remember in 2016 no living person had seen Hibs win the Scottish Cup. Imagine we’d just not entered that year because we didn’t have many highlights previously.

@hibs.net private member Ringothedog's Avatar
    Hibs get something like 200000 euros just for competing in the Europa League , plus gate receipts. Hardly a small amount to us.

Left by mutual consent!
    Both for me.

Even if we don't get to the play offs, it's still an achievement to get into Europe.

It would be great to progress to the group stage but for me it's about actually qualifying on a regular basis, like Aberdeen have done, and building on that. We were there two years ago through our cup win and to do it again this year would be good. If you're a club that regularly qualifies for European football then the profile of the club goes up and it's able to attract higher quality players.

I honestly can't understand anyone who's a Hibs fan wanting an outcome that will result in us not qualifying for Europe.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by HUTCHYHIBBY View Post
    Anyone who was over at the Vetra game would jump at the chance to go back and wouldnae be giving a 2nd thought to Motherwell whilst they were there. You gloat to fellow Hibs fans if we get beat if you want though.
    Gloat if Hibs get beat? Hardly mate, that's some extreme interpretation of my post.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ringothedog View Post
    Hibs get something like 200000 euros just for competing in the Europa League , plus gate receipts. Hardly a small amount to us.
    Honestly didn't know that, maybe revise my opinion, c'mon the 'ti, nah just can't bring myself! 😀

@hibs.net private member One Day Soon's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: 4 PSN ID: 6 Wii Code: 5
    I suppose it's just a dislike of a massive corporate machine hoovering up all the trophies and the wee guy getting a chance instead, maybe my left of center views clouding my judgement!

We ARE the wee guy. Get a grip.

A Celtc win puts cash in our pocket before we even kick a Europa ball. That's player cash for Lennon. If we get past a round its more cash. This is as basic as it gets.

The best you can argue is that if we don't get the result we need and want from Celtc tomorrow there's some small compensation in Motherwell having won the cup rather than Celtc. But in reality it's no compensation, it benefits us zero, and IDGAF about Motherwell.

I hope Celtc win about 8 nil with their midfield playing an absolute blinder including lots of subs on from their second choice midfielders rendering Scott Allan completely surplus to requirements and available to us permanently for peanuts.

@hibs.net private member silverhibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DexterStJock View Post
    Both for me.
    This for me, want the soapdodgers to win so we can get in to Europe next season but will have a few quid on Motherwell to win, so both for me as well.

Quote Originally Posted by B.H.F.C View Post
    What if one European tie were to lead to a second tie, third tie and so on.

Teams like Dundalk and Shamrock Rovers have been in the group stages in recent years. And footballing super powers from the likes of Belarus and Albania.

I honestly can’t figure out why any Hibs fan would want to give up the chance to do that so fans of another team can have a good weekend!
    Good point.

No reason why Hibs can't do similar. And if anyone could build towards this and make it happen NL is a decent bet.

GGTTH

Fair enough and of course I want what's best for hibs regardless, I just find it very hard to want one of the OF to win a trophy.#

Celtic win then of course i'll be happy that we get a shot at Europe again. Motherwell win then no Europe but can't say i'll be distraught over it.

Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by 21.05.2016 View Post
    Fair enough and of course I want what's best for hibs regardless, I just find it very hard to want one of the OF to win a trophy.#

Celtic win then of course i'll be happy that we get a shot at Europe again. Motherwell win then no Europe but can't say i'll be distraught over it.
    I hope Motherwell are 3 down after 15 mins could not give a monkey's about any club in Scotland other than Hibs.

Envious of the Well fans tonight.

The night before is like Christmas Eve! 😂

@hibs.net private member One Day Soon's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: 4 PSN ID: 6 Wii Code: 5
    Quote Originally Posted by 3pm View Post
    Envious of the Well fans tonight.

The night before is like Christmas Eve! 😂

Yes, but ours was a Christmas Eve and Christmas Day like no other. It's a film waiting to be made.

Quote Originally Posted by One Day Soon View Post
    Yes, but ours was a Christmas Eve and Christmas Day like no other. It's a film waiting to be made.
    Agreed.

More the general sentiment I meant.

Elephant Stone
    Left by mutual consent!
    Gloat if Hibs get beat? Hardly mate, that's some extreme interpretation of my post.
    I don't know why they're fuming about this either bud

People in this thread need their head examined. Some truly bizarre posts

Or maybe they are not who they say they are

Que sera sera....
    You have to get what you want in life- and not rely on others.