hibs.net Messageboard

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    First Team Breakthrough
    OP is a clown, a wind-up merchant, or both

2. Log in to remove the advert

Anyone who doesn't want Celtic to win tomorrow needs their head examined, same as the folk who wanted Aberdeen to beat Hearts at Pittodrie.

Whatever benefits Hibs is what I care about, nothing against them but personally I couldn't give a flying one if Motherwell fans have a nice day or not. I've had plenty miserable times at Hampden and I daresay I'll have a few more yet.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

I thought when Motherwell won the semi-final that they had a chance of winning but they seem to have gone downhill fast.

Can't see anything now but a Celtc win.

-----------------------------------

As an aside, if Celtc win, do Aberdeen then start in the second qualifying stage of the Europa League instead of the first, with Hibs taking their place in the first qualifying stage?
    Last edited by Keith_M; 18-05-2018 at 12:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 21.05.2016 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Really hope Motherwell do it, even if it means we don't get a European place. A back to back treble for celtic is embarrassing for Scottish football IMO. Just highlights even more how massive the gap is between 1 club and everyone else.

Celtic rightly massive favourites but they aren't unbeatable, they've shown this season they can have off days (I mean losing 4-0 to the shower of ***** that is Hearts - wtf?!) so Motherwell got to believe they're in for a chance. This could be their very own "Time for Heroes" game!
    You're surely at the wind up.

I'm certain the embarrassment I feel at Celtic winning another treble will be softened somewhat when I see my team lining up in the Europa League again.

I despise Celtic as much as anyone but getting into European competition not only raises the profile of the club, it gives the existing players invaluable experience, it helps to attract better players to the club and it also helps the club financially as well.

Bonkers that any Hibs fan would want anything other than a Celtic win tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by Keekaboo View Post
    I thought when Motherwell won the semi-final that they had a chance of winning but they seem to have gone downhill fast.

Can't see anything now but a Celtc win.

-----------------------------------

As an aside, if Celtc win, do Aberdeen then start in the second qualifying stage of the Europa League instead of the first, with Hibs taking their place in the first qualifying stage?
    Yes. Either Aberdeen or Motherwell will start in the 2nd round, Sevco in the first round and we will also be in the first round if Celtic win tomorrow.

Left by mutual consent!
    As a Hibs fan I'll always put Hibs' interests first so there's no question I want Celtic to win.

Left by mutual consent! calumhibee1's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve20 View Post
    A lot on here would be wanting Celtic to win, even if the European place wasn't at stake.
    Yup and I’m one of them. Why would you want a club that are in and around us in the league to get the boost we got from winning the cup when you could have Celtic win it who will have forgotten about it by Sunday?

Quote Originally Posted by seanoheimhin View Post
    Or maybe a clown with a wind up car

@hibs.net private member weecounty hibby's Avatar
    If it meant nothing to Hibs I would love to have seen Motherwell win. As it stands celtic to win means Hibs benefit with a place in Europe. Surely a no brainer.

Motherwell have a chance as long as they play like Motherwell and keep the ball away from the centre of the park.Long balls up to the front two are the way for them particularly as Celtic are so weak in central defence.

@hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 660 View Post
    Coybig HH ☘️☘️☘️☘️🇮🇪🇮🇪🇮🇪🇮🇪
    Hope you washed your hands after that

Normally I would always want to see Celtc lose*.

On this occasion I have to put that to one side and hope for the result that gets us into Europe.

*It gets very complicated when they're playing Sevco or hearts, because I always want that pair to lose as well.
    Mature, sensible signature required for responsible position. Good prospects for the right candidate. Apply within.

First Team Breakthrough
    😂

We had it in our hands to qualify for Europe and let it slip. If we don't get Europe we only have ourselves to blame.

I have some colleagues that are Well fans and I'll be happy for them if they can win it. Stuff Celtc.

@hibs.net private member NORTHERNHIBBY's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve20 View Post
    A lot on here would be wanting Celtic to win, even if the European place wasn't at stake.
    Not a lot of them are posting though so it must be the silent majority?

Quote Originally Posted by calumhibee1 View Post
    Yup and I’m one of them. Why would you want a club that are in and around us in the league to get the boost we got from winning the cup when you could have Celtic win it who will have forgotten about it by Sunday?
    Aye, but I'm pretty sure that's not what he meant mate

Your way of looking at it has some logic, but its so bloomin' negative ... If Hibs cant win stuff lets hope nobody else does either is a pretty bleak outlook on things if you ask me. Besides, who were the last club outside of Hibs to get this alleged cup win boost? Just going back to 2102.

Hearts .... Their crowds took no significant boost even after beating us.
    Celtic .... Winning the cup means little to them.
    St Johnstone .... Their crowds remained dismal even after winning it.
    ICT ... Rubbish crowds and subsequently relegated.
    Hibs .... Massive boost in crowds and rising
    Celtic ... See above.

So not much to fear from any team outside of the Ugly sisters winning it if you ask me .... it might be open to debate if somebody outside of Celtic winning stuff is good for our game ..... but even Celtic fans would admit that them continuing to dominate it is far from good for it.

If it wasn't for the fact a Celtic win tomorrow is good for Hibs I would be screaming my support for Motherwell at the telly tomorrow afternoon almost as fervently as if it were Hibs playing.

First Team Breakthrough
    Playing in Europe next season may sway players into signing for us next season such as Kamberi for instance.

Quote Originally Posted by NAE NOOKIE View Post
    Aye, but I'm pretty sure that's not what he meant mate

Your way of looking at it has some logic, but its so bloomin' negative ... If Hibs cant win stuff lets hope nobody else does either is a pretty bleak outlook on things if you ask me. Besides, who were the last club outside of Hibs to get this alleged cup win boost? Just going back to 2102.

Hearts .... Their crowds took no significant boost even after beating us.
    Celtic .... Winning the cup means little to them.
    St Johnstone .... Their crowds remained dismal even after winning it.
    ICT ... Rubbish crowds and subsequently relegated.
    Hibs .... Massive boost in crowds and rising
    Celtic ... See above.

So not much to fear from any team outside of the Ugly sisters winning it if you ask me .... it might be open to debate if somebody outside of Celtic winning stuff is good for our game ..... but even Celtic fans would admit that them continuing to dominate it is far from good for it.

If it wasn't for the fact a Celtic win tomorrow is good for Hibs I would be screaming my support for Motherwell at the telly tomorrow afternoon almost as fervently as if it were Hibs playing.
    Here time traveller - gonnae tell whit the score is going to be when we win it in 2102?

@hibs.net private member
    Really hope Motherwell do it, even if it means we don't get a European place. A back to back treble for celtic is embarrassing for Scottish football IMO. Just highlights even more how massive the gap is between 1 club and everyone else.

Celtic rightly massive favourites but they aren't unbeatable, they've shown this season they can have off days (I mean losing 4-0 to the shower of ***** that is Hearts - wtf?!) so Motherwell got to believe they're in for a chance. This could be their very own "Time for Heroes" game!
    I was about to support your position/post, given (a) how much I loathe the old firm (Septic included) and (b) the fact that a European runs always means one tie (and defeat), but given all the pelters you've been getting in response to your post, I won't bother... 'Mon the tic, er, bobby sands and all that *****.....!!

Blog Entries
    probably a mischief making Hibby (give him the benefit of the doubt)..... but without the conviction to come back to consolidate his controversial viewpoint which, as far as I can see, was met with 100% opposition from the rest of us. Thereagain he’s achieved his aim, in raising a few hackles and getting a few knickers in twists ....... big deal.

@hibs.net private member TrinityHibs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hibsquaker View Post
    Playing in Europe next season may sway players into signing for us next season such as Kamberi for instance.
    and Messi

Quote Originally Posted by Cat Stanton View Post
    I was about to support your position/post, given (a) how much I loathe the old firm (Septic included) and (b) the fact that a European runs always means one tie (and defeat), but given all the pelters you've been getting in response to your post, I won't bother... 'Mon the tic, er, bobby sands and all that *****.....!!
    This is not a fact, and it's a really poor mentality to have. We were a penalty shootout away from knocking Brondby out two summers ago, as a second tier side no less. There is absolutely no reason why Hibs can't advance through at least one, if not two or three ties.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Cat Stanton View Post
    Yes, I was going to post I wanted a Motherwell win too, had the best football day ever in 2016 and would like fans of other non Old Firm teams (except Hearts) to experience that too. One European tie means nothing, we won't even make money unless we get a club attractive to TV. All the Motherwell fans I know are pretty sound too.

Quote Originally Posted by Weir07 View Post
    Yes, I was going to post I wanted a Motherwell win too, had the best football day ever in 2016 and would like fans of other non Old Firm teams (except Hearts) to experience that too. One European tie means nothing, we won't even make money unless we get a club attractive to TV. All the Motherwell fans I know are pretty sound too.
    What if one European tie were to lead to a second tie, third tie and so on.

Teams like Dundalk and Shamrock Rovers have been in the group stages in recent years. And footballing super powers from the likes of Belarus and Albania.

I honestly can’t figure out why any Hibs fan would want to give up the chance to do that so fans of another team can have a good weekend!

We're gonna need a bigger boat! :-)

@hibs.net private member CropleyWasGod's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Weir07 View Post
    What was the financial outcome of the Brondby game?

Quote Originally Posted by CropleyWasGod View Post
    Ignoring everything else, the money for being in the Second Qualifying Round (as we were) is €225,000. That's before you add in the 13,500 gate we got at Easter Road, plus - I assume - money for the second leg being on Premier Sports.

@hibs.net private member CropleyWasGod's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HFCEighteen75 View Post
    Ignoring everything else, the money for being in the Second Qualifying Round (as we were) is €225,000. That's before you add in the 13,500 gate we got at Easter Road, plus - I assume - money for the second leg being on Premier Sports.
    Ta.

In other words, well worth it.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by CropleyWasGod View Post
    I honestly don't know but it was a tie attractive to TV, so we would definitely have made more than a game against one of Europe's lesser lights, to be fair I did allude to that in my post.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by B.H.F.C View Post
    What if one European tie were to lead to a second tie, third tie and so on.

Teams like Dundalk and Shamrock Rovers have been in the group stages in recent years. And footballing super powers from the likes of Belarus and Albania.

I honestly can’t figure out why any Hibs fan would want to give up the chance to do that so fans of another team can have a good weekend!
    I suppose it's just a dislike of a massive corporate machine hoovering up all the trophies and the wee guy getting a chance instead, maybe my left of center views clouding my judgement!
    Last edited by Weir07; 18-05-2018 at 07:28 PM.