hibs.net Messageboard

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011
    United battering Chelsea now. Was the same v City in the 2nd half.

Must be very frustrating for their fans to know they can play like this but are kept on the lead by a negative manager.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

2. Log in to remove the advert

'Chelsea double up on Martial with 3 players'.

Thanks for that Martin.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: hibee-87
    Quote Originally Posted by B.H.F.C View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Man Utd have spent about 500 million quid and Ashley Young is their left back.
    Although he was a swap from whatt ice seen sanchez has been brutal.

Left by mutual consent! Iggy Pope's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    United battering Chelsea now. Was the same v City in the 2nd half.

Must be very frustrating for their fans to know they can play like this but are kept on the lead by a negative manager.
    In no way a dig and not at all interested in Manure but how can that manager who is so negative allow his team to 'batter' anyone?

1-0 Chelsea full time

Quote Originally Posted by Iggy Pope View Post
    In no way a dig and not at all interested in Manure but how can that manager who is so negative allow his team to 'batter' anyone?
    Because when he has no other choice he lets them go and play. His default position is the utter dross they served up in the 1st half.

It's hard to believe they finished second in the league. Great players reigned in.

Because when he has no other choice he lets them go and play. His default position is the utter dross they served up in the 1st half.
    I can't really see that other than they lost 1-0. I think they're just dross. 2nd place in the PL dross mind, FA Cup runner up dross and EL winners last year dross. I'm now listening to 3 men on the BBC who have never picked a team between them telling us where multi-title winning Mourinho goes wrong.
    Bollox really.

I can't really see that other than they lost 1-0. I think they're just dross. 2nd place in the PL dross mind, FA Cup runner up dross and EL winners last year dross. I'm now listening to 3 men on the BBC who have never picked a team between them telling us where multi-title winning Mourinho goes wrong.
    Bollox really.
    I don't think any top clubs count much on that list as a great achievement. Mourinho is yesterdays man.

@hibs.net private member Mr White's Avatar
    1 nil to Eintracht Frankfurt v Bayern Munich in the German cup final. 20 minutes in.

I don't think any top clubs count much on that list as a great achievement. Mourinho is yesterdays man.
    Yep. Times change and Mourinho hasn’t.

He was great, not any more.

I think a load of "top clubs" count winning the Europa League as a great acheivement FFS. Unless you believe there are only about 4 of those in Europe.
    However, I'm not debating much other than the perceived negativity of a man who allows the battering of an opponent. I think it's punditry gone wrong on here like it does on the telly.

And I'm glad he's yesterday's man. I'd like to see Man U drown in their own *****!

I think a load of "top clubs" count winning the Europa League as a great acheivement FFS. Unless you believe there are only about 4 of those in Europe.
    However, I'm not debating much other than the perceived negativity of a man who allows the battering of an opponent. I think it's punditry gone wrong on here like it does on the telly.

And I'm glad he's yesterday's man. I'd like to see Man U drown in their own *****!
    I really don't see what's so difficult to understand about my point. In the 2nd half today and against Man City away Man Utd opened up a bit and played attacking football. It was successful againt City, today they had Chelsea rocking but some good goalkeeping and defending denied them. From week to week they don't play that way and rarely 'batter' teams.

We had one of these tedious discussion a few weeks a go on a Saturday night with nonsensical nit picking from you about what I said so let's just leave it. Enjoy your evening.

I really don't see what's so difficult to understand about my point. In the 2nd half today and against Man City away Man Utd opened up a bit and played attacking football. It was successful againt City, today they had Chelsea rocking but some good goalkeeping and defending denied them. From week to week they don't play that way and rarely 'batter' teams.

We had one of these tedious discussion a few weeks a go on a Saturday night with nonsensical nit picking from you about what I said so let's just leave it. Enjoy your evening.
    Did we? I'm not getting that recall and as I said at the start it's not a dig. Nonsensical nit picking might be your way of looking at a reply. I'm sure you're right though but maybe quietly let me know about that discussion?

Edit.
    I've checked my posts posts as far back as March and can't see any real discussion with you about much, tedious or otherwise.
    Last edited by Iggy Pope; 19-05-2018 at 07:35 PM.

Wee bit gutted for Motherwell, I have a family member whos a big Motherwell fan so I was kind of hoping he'd get to have his own 21.05.16 but delighted we get a European trip

GGTTH

Quote Originally Posted by 21.05.2016 View Post
    Wee bit gutted for Motherwell, I have a family member whos a big Motherwell fan so I was kind of hoping he'd get to have his own 21.05.16 but delighted we get a European trip

GGTTH
    You have changed your tune

Quote Originally Posted by Albanian Hibs View Post
    You have changed your tune
    Always want whats best for hibs, just getting sick of seeing Celtic win everything but hey ho that's the way it is eh and as I said, I have a good pal whos a Motherwell fan who's followed his club through thick and thin so would have been nice for him to have his day in the sun as we experienced 2 years ago.

Left by mutual consent!
    Best cup final of the day was in Germany. A crazy last two minutes.

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by cleanyman View Post
    Never watched the match as I hadn't realised it was on but caught last goal go in, great scenes at the end what it meant to those players and fans.
    Reminded me of our cup win, then you look at Celtic and Chelsea today it just didn't have the same feel

@hibs.net private member Mr White's Avatar
    It was good. From a possible VAR penalty to allow Bayern to equalise to a break-away with the keeper in the wrong box to make it 3-1 in the space of 30 seconds. Great entertainment and amazing celebrations.

Left by mutual consent!
    Kovac definitely has something about him. That has raised his stalk significantly. Could do well at Bayern who are desperate to dominate in Europe.

Blog Entries
    Always like the wee team to win.
    But but but but ,sometimes tam cowens does ma head in.

I think a load of "top clubs" count winning the Europa League as a great achievement FFS.
    True but most of them are in Spain or Portugal.

Sevilla have won it five times in the last sixteen years. Atlético have won it three times, Porto twice and Valencia once.

United (managed by Mourinho), Chelsea (managed by Benítez), CSKA Moscow (managed by Juande Ramos), Shankhtar Donetsk, and Zenit St Petersburg won the other five.

So 11 have been won by Iberian teams and a further 3 by teams with Spanish or Portuguese coaches.

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Agree so negative man to man on Hazard. His style of football is atrocious. Man U going to anfield and parking 2 buses is embarrassing. Horrible to warch.

@hibs.net private member Pete70's Avatar
    Definitely the best of the 3 cup finals today

Quote Originally Posted by jgl07 View Post
    True but most of them are in Spain or Portugal.

Sevilla have won it five times in the last sixteen years. Atlético have won it three times, Porto twice and Valencia once.

United (managed by Mourinho), Chelsea (managed by Benítez), CSKA Moscow (managed by Juande Ramos), Shankhtar Donetsk, and Zenit St Petersburg won the other five.

So 11 have been won by Iberian teams and a further 3 by teams with Spanish or Portuguese coaches.
    I know. It's the second best option but Seville, Athletico and Valencia is not bad company to be in.
    My (quote) tedious nit picking now has me defending Man U, a side I loathe.