hibs.net Messageboard

Pat O’Flaherty RIP

Apologies is this has been mentioned before. I just read on social media that Pat, the Leither who founded XILE and was Hibs mad, died recently

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.scotsman.com/news/obituaries/obituary-pat-o-flaherty-founder-of-capital-s-iconic-xile-fashion-store-and-passionate-hibs-supporter-1-4740828/amp

Absolute legend of a man. Over the years I spent a fortune at XILE as it was the place to go for clothes and trainers. Used to see Pat out and about at Tollcross/Fountainbridge area and obviously Hibs games

RIP Pat.

2. Log in to remove the advert

I think he is Darren Mcgregors father in law

Blog Entries
    That's sad. Pat was a fine man who was a great friend to London Hibs, sponsoring our POTY function on several occasions. He was great company & would talk Hibs with you all day. IIRC Darren occasionally worked in the shop on South Bridge when he was a p/t footballer. Sincere commiserations to all the family.

Quote Originally Posted by LustForLeith View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Apologies is this has been mentioned before. I just read on social media that Pat, the Leither who founded XILE and was Hibs mad, died recently

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.scotsman.com/news/obituaries/obituary-pat-o-flaherty-founder-of-capital-s-iconic-xile-fashion-store-and-passionate-hibs-supporter-1-4740828/amp

Absolute legend of a man. Over the years I spent a fortune at XILE as it was the place to go for clothes and trainers. Used to see Pat out and about at Tollcross/Fountainbridge area and obviously Hibs games

RIP Pat.
    Seen him walking his wee dug last week

@hibs.net private member BSEJVT's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by WoreTheGreen View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Seen him walking his wee dug last week
    RIP Pat

Great guy, Hibs daft

Even at the height of his success a down to earth guy that never big timed you

Seeing his son in law in the Hibs team that finally won the cup would have been a huge thrill for him

Comiserations to son Joe who's probably on here.

@hibs.net private member
    Very sad to hear of Pat's passing. We were in the same class at St. Anthony's in the early 60s but we lost touch over the years. From what I can gather Pat never forgot his roots.
    A good guy and a big Hibee.
    Condolences to Pat's family and friends.

RIP

Sad news. Loved Xile in my teens when online shopping was less prevalent than it is now. Many a happy day spent browsing and then blowing a fortnights part time wages on one T shirt.

Only met Pat once or twice but he was always friendly and seemed a good guy. Condolences to his friends and family.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

condolences to the family. R.I.P Pat