hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Scott Allan

Left by mutual consent!
    If we need to pay a fee the larger that is I think the longer the contract we need to offer and hope he accepts. I think he is in the 100k to 500k area hopefully the lower end of that but a player of his ability and how he has been while here, for me worth every penny. IMO I think Celtic will want about 250k.

2. Log in to remove the advert

If Halliday comes to ER, his new song should be. To the tune of Son of my father.
    Oh Andy Halliday
    You may have signed for us
    But your still a cxxxx

@hibs.net private member worcesterhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Trips View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If we need to pay a fee the larger that is I think the longer the contract we need to offer and hope he accepts. I think he is in the 100k to 500k area hopefully the lower end of that but a player of his ability and how he has been while here, for me worth every penny. IMO I think Celtic will want about 250k.
    The fact that he wants to sign for us is helpful. Celtic might get offered money by a league 1 side or somewhere abroad but if Scott doesn't want to go, he doesn't have to. Celtic will want money, so it will no doubt be a hard bargaining process between Petrie and Peter Lawwell...the immovable object being pressed by the irresistible force !

I just hope SJM isn't part of the bargaining process.

HOPE

SJM signs a new 3 year deal with a release clause so he can go if an English club come in for him for £3 million or above next year
    SA signs and we pay maybe £200,000
    Mallan comes in as replacement for Dylan
    Kamberi deal is sorted quickly
    Mc Larens club punt him about for a couple of months, but he turns down all offers and they end up having to sell him to us at a bargain price.
    Barker: Man City feel that the best thing for his development is to loan him to us for another season.

@hibs.net private member snooky's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by worcesterhibby View Post
    The fact that he wants to sign for us is helpful. Celtic might get offered money by a league 1 side or somewhere abroad but if Scott doesn't want to go, he doesn't have to. Celtic will want money, so it will no doubt be a hard bargaining process between Petrie and Peter Lawwell...the immovable object being pressed by the irresistible force !

I just hope SJM isn't part of the bargaining process.

HOPE

SJM signs a new 3 year deal with a release clause so he can go if an English club come in for him for £3 million or above next year
    SA signs and we pay maybe £200,000
    Mallan comes in as replacement for Dylan
    Kamberi deal is sorted quickly
    Mc Larens club punt him about for a couple of months, but he turns down all offers and they end up having to sell him to us at a bargain price.
    Barker: Man City feel that the best thing for his development is to loan him to us for another season.

7th heaven

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by snooky View Post
    [/B]

7th heaven
    2nd place heaven

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by worcesterhibby View Post
    It's Celtic that we need to persuade..not Scotty. He is contracted to them for another year, so we will almost certainly need to pay a fee.
    ..... we’ll have to McGinn () negotiations with them probably.

Quote Originally Posted by Juice-Terry View Post
    Just do a Flo deal. One year loan with option to buy at the end of that. Easy.
    That would be silly.Why would we want to pay Celtic a fee when he would be out of contract.Nothing like the Kamberi deal at all.

@hibs.net private member WhileTheChief..'s Avatar
    Didn’t Rodgers already say that they would be easy to deal with as far as Allan is concerned?

I don’t see Celtic holding out for a large fee at all and think things will be sorted easily and quickly.

Elephant Stone
    Left by mutual consent!
    How is there no mention of any other clubs interested in Allan? I don't get it at all. If we could only keep one player out of McGinn, McGeouch and Allan I'd be inclined to keep Allan, he's something else.

Quote Originally Posted by Elephant Stone View Post
    How is there no mention of any other clubs interested in Allan? I don't get it at all. If we could only keep one player out of McGinn, McGeouch and Allan I'd be inclined to keep Allan, he's something else.
    Well Hibs are the only club that he's really shone at and he is very keen to come back

The only place that Scott Allan has achieved close to his potential is at Hibs. Other teams will see that he fits in here. They may even be put off as they will be worried that they get the Scott Allan that played at Rotherham or Dundee. Whereas we know that we will be getting the one that plays for the mighty Hibees.

Left by mutual consent! calumhibee1's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Elephant Stone View Post
    I said that the other day. The Scott Allan that pitches up at Hibs is IMO a better player than McGinn or McGeouch. Quite why he doesn’t live up to that ability away from Hibs is a mystery, he should be in the Celtic team most weeks. If he creates this many chances for us, how many should he be creating for them?!

Elephant Stone
    Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by calumhibee1 View Post
    I said that the other day. The Scott Allan that pitches up at Hibs is IMO a better player than McGinn or McGeouch. Quite why he doesn’t live up to that ability away from Hibs is a mystery, he should be in the Celtic team most weeks. If he creates this many chances for us, how many should he be creating for them?!
    Mental eh? He finished joint top of the assist league despite playing half the season in a shocking Dundee team. Seems to have got even better at Hibs as well, playing with proper fire in his belly and scoring goals as well. The kind of player that makes football worth watching.

@hibs.net private member Juice-Terry's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ancient hibee View Post
    That would be silly.Why would we want to pay Celtic a fee when he would be out of contract.Nothing like the Kamberi deal at all.
    So Celtic can't sell him to anyone else before his contract runs out?

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Juice-Terry View Post
    So Celtic can't sell him to anyone else before his contract runs out?
    Your proposal puts us exactly where we are now.... a loan with a fee at the end is the same as just paying the fee now.

Of course there is the unknown of whether we can afford it now or whether we may be able to afford it in a year, but ultimately it comes down to how much Celtic want for him.

@hibs.net private member snooky's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tug Wilson View Post
    The only place that Scott Allan has achieved close to his potential is at Hibs. Other teams will see that he fits in here. They may even be put off as they will be worried that they get the Scott Allan that played at Rotherham or Dundee. Whereas we know that we will be getting the one that plays for the mighty Hibees.
    Being the devil's advocate here, surely that's a good reason Celtc won't want to sell him to us?

Quote Originally Posted by Tug Wilson View Post
    Might be some truth in this. SA has been around the houses and singularly failed wherever he's gone - except at Hibs. It would be a big gamble for most clubs (other than those with cash to burn, like Celtic) to take a chance on Scott, especially as he's openly said he want to be at Hibs.

The only reason for Celtc to loan Allan to us for next season is so that he can't play against them but can play against everyone else.

I think they're more likely to want a fee which will cover the pay off that compensates Allan for a drop in wages (eg if he's on £5k at Celtc and we offer him £3k, the pay off and fee would be £100k).
    Mature, sensible signature required for responsible position. Good prospects for the right candidate. Apply within.

How about doing a "McGinn type" deal. Sign Allan for a nominal fee, say £100.000, with a big percentage of any future transfer fee we get for him going to selik.

Rogers spoke about Allan a month or so ago, saying he was a good lad and sometimes certain players just seem to fit at certain clubs. I still think Celtic signed Allan to noise up Rangers and we'll have little trouble re signing him.