hibs.net Messageboard

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Quote Originally Posted by Hiberniankb View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Fair play to Livi, on the verge of back to back promotions, when did that last happen?
    did Gretna not win the 3rd , 2nd and 1st divisions all back to back

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Northernhibee's Avatar
    Do Livi play on a grass pitch? Would be delighted with one less plastic pitch in the top flight.

Do you think your security can keep you in purity, you will not shake us off above or below. Scottish friction, Scottish fiction

Partick 11/10 to stay up im having some of that.

Left by mutual consent! calumhibee1's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by where'stheslope View Post
    My take on last night's game, was looking back to the 50's and 60's where men were men!

Today's football, a breath of wind and the player is down and the physio is on the pitch, last night Miller was forced to go off to get blood removed from his face after playing on, then gets a second head knock and plays on, then yet another face knock, a knee in the chin, and he still was battering into the Thistle defence till taken off in the 87 minute!!!

It's people and teams like that we should want in the Premiership, not a bunch of whinging wee lassies, as for playing silky football, the big thing is getting out of the championship, then think about adding the silky stuff!!
    I don’t go to the football to watch a guy take 5 blows to the face and keep getting up. I go to watch teams play football. If I wanted to sit in awe at Lee Millers ability to get skelped in the face and keep going I’d watch combat sports.

Left by mutual consent!
    Surprised by how poor Partick were. They looked well organised against us at ER a few weeks back, though granted Hibs didn't play well that day. Play-off nerves kicking in perhaps.

I thought the crowd was decent enough. both sides had about 2.5k there. If Livi come up we'll take a very big support there so there will be no problem with the atmosphere.

I can remember games in the early 80s at ER when we were struggling to pull in 5k for some games. Hard to imagine now but it's true. Same at Hearts back then. I remember being at one of their games in the First Division when the attendance was less than 3k.

@hibs.net private member worcesterhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by calumhibee1 View Post
    I don’t go to the football to watch a guy take 5 blows to the face and keep getting up. I go to watch teams play football. If I wanted to sit in awe at Lee Millers ability to get skelped in the face and keep going I’d watch combat sports.
    Plus there was plenty of diving going on so not exactly back to the 1950's. It's true that Livi were more committed and hungry though...meh.... who cares as long as we skelp whichever one of them we are playing next season

@hibs.net private member Northernhibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by calumhibee1 View Post
    I'd go to the football to see Kyle Lafferty get skelped in the face

Do you think your security can keep you in purity, you will not shake us off above or below. Scottish friction, Scottish fiction

@makaveli1875

They did so did Livingston before them.

Blog Entries
    Impressed by Booth last night but glad to see Livi prevail.

@hibs.net private member danhibees1875's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hiberniankb View Post
    Fair play to Livi, on the verge of back to back promotions, when did that last happen?
    Presumably the rangers were the last team to win back to back promotions in Scotland?
    Mon the Hibs.

Always had a bit of a soft spot for Patrick and really hope they prevail from this but even though the return legs through at Firhill you wouldn’t bet against Livi finishing the job. I don’t see what Livi would bring to our league which let’s face it is at its best in years. Crap wee ground with no pubs or near by train station, albeit it’s just along the road. Just about no fans and a plastic pitch, no thanks from me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member Callum_62's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Wii Code: 0083-4364-6418-4974
    Quote Originally Posted by TelaStella View Post
    Always had a bit of a soft spot for Patrick and really hope they prevail from this but even though the return legs through at Firhill you wouldn’t bet against Livi finishing the job. I don’t see what Livi would bring to our league which let’s face it is at its best in years. Crap wee ground with no pubs or near by train station, albeit it’s just along the road. Just about no fans and a plastic pitch, no thanks from me.

Ground holds 10k - pubs 5-10 min walk away and station is 20odd mins

3 pubs within 10 minutes. 2 stations. Buses from Edinburgh. Always going to get a ticket. Plenty places to eat. Hibs always win there. It's like the perfect away trip

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by MWHIBBIES View Post
    3 pubs within 10 minutes. 2 stations. Buses from Edinburgh. Always going to get a ticket. Plenty places to eat. Hibs always win there. It's like the perfect away trip
    ideal away day I reckon if they come up we get them away early in season or later in season and we're still playing really well, we will take like 5000

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Daniel1875
    Quote Originally Posted by Northernhibee View Post
    Do Livi play on a grass pitch? Would be delighted with one less plastic pitch in the top flight.
    They are moving to AstroTurf for next season.

Left by mutual consent!

Aye, paddy's alright like. Bit of a nutter but means well.

Quote Originally Posted by MWHIBBIES View Post
    you have summed it up, however my preference would still be the Harry Wraggs. traditional sentimental auld radge that I am.

@hibs.net private member AndyB_70's Avatar
    Mountcastle (don't tell anyone I've left Leith)
    Hope the Jags stay up and Livi and their soon to be installed plastic pitch vanish down the league system.

Livi are doing what they need to do, to get out of the championship, and they are doing it really well. You can't really knock them for that! As we know from experience, silky football wasn't the answer to breaking down packed defences.
    Selfishly, I hope they get up, as it's a home game for me.

Don't really mind who comes up both teams have their pros and cons.

Not really fussed about a plastic pitch either to be honest. Hibs for one have a plastic pitch they can train on at East mains I think and most players coming through these days grew up playing on plastic as much as grass.

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by samcrowe View Post
    Don't really mind who comes up both teams have their pros and cons.

Not really fussed about a plastic pitch either to be honest. Hibs for one have a plastic pitch they can train on at East mains I think and most players coming through these days grew up playing on plastic as much as grass.
    Sorry who has a plastic pitch?

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Whizz View Post
    Sorry who has a plastic pitch?
    People keep saying Livi will be putting down a plastic pitch in the near future. Been mentioned quite a few times on the thread

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by samcrowe View Post
    People keep saying Livi will be putting down a plastic pitch in the near future. Been mentioned quite a few times on the thread
    Ok no worries