hibs.net Messageboard

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by hibee View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Surprised the stands are empty, if there’s nobody at their biggest game of the season they’re not going to contribute anything to the league if they come up.
    5½ thousand there.
    Roughly the same as Dundee United had at tannadice for their last home game..... Phew. Glad they never came up 🤔

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Lancs Harp's Avatar
    Dont mind Partick and hope they turn the tie around but Livi played very well tonight I thought. Game on for what should be a pretty interesting second leg.

Quote Originally Posted by GlesgaeHibby View Post
    I've seen Livingstons play off games against utd and they are a bunch of Hatchet men.
    I'll take that as a no.
    And I was asking about Partick's hoofball.

Livi deserved to win that. Partick Thistle were brutal. The 2 Thistle centre halves are p1sh, their midfield are lightweight cowards that offer nothing defensively or going forward and they are poor up front. Thistle didn't even show any heart or fight in that game, something Livi seem to have loads of. Even if Thistle score first on Sunday I think Livi will go up unfortunately.

@hibs.net private member GlesgaeHibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by brianmc View Post
    I'll take that as a no.
    And I was asking about Partick's hoofball.
    Hard to play football when you're playing a team trying to kick you off the park. Yes particks game wasnt pretty but when we've played them this season it's not been like playing hearts or Hamilton where you're kicked up and down the park.

Fancy Livi now...Partick were woeful tonight. All the pressure is on them big time for Sunday

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

5½ thousand there.
    Roughly the same as Dundee United had at tannadice for their last home game..... Phew. Glad they never came up 🤔
    Ridiculous isn't it?

How many do people believe will be at the second leg? Won't be much more, so do we just get rid of both teams?

@hibs.net private member cabbageandribs1875's Avatar
    might need to put of attending Hibernian Ladies v Sellick in the cup final at Falkirk now so i can watch Livi's triumphant return to the big boys league instead....Decisions Decisions

Quote Originally Posted by cabbageandribs1875 View Post
    might need to put of attending Hibernian Ladies v Sellick in the cup final at Falkirk now so i can watch Livi's triumphant return to the big boys league instead....Decisions Decisions
    Big John Hartson slating Craig Thomson..

Just back from the game both teams were honking and played hot tattie football.

Good Partick support about 2.5k ish.

Quote Originally Posted by Borderhibbie76 View Post
    Fancy Livi now...Partick were woeful tonight. All the pressure is on them big time for Sunday

We ought to hire them our manager for the pre-match talk. They'd come out that tunnel like slavering dogs!

@hibs.net private member
    Partick never turned up - even the goal was against the run of play. Livi the better team by a distance.

They can’t be that bad again?

Quote Originally Posted by Onceinawhile View Post
    Ridiculous isn't it?

How many do people believe will be at the second leg? Won't be much more, so do we just get rid of both teams?
    I just find the whole attendance snobbery stuff totally disgusting.
    Next season will be my 30th consecutive one as a Season Ticket holder in the East Terrace/seated terrace/East Stand.
    So I've seen pretty much the good, the bad and the truly ridiculous.
    People complaining about there only being 5½k there tonight need to get off the whole hertz thing about what size crowd other teams have.

@hibs.net private member Ringothedog's Avatar
    Next season will be my 30th consecutive one as a Season Ticket holder in the East Terrace/seated terrace/East Stand.
    People complaining about there only being 5½k there tonight need to get off the whole hertz thing about what size crowd other teams have.
    Totally agree👍

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GlesgaeHibby View Post
    Hard to play football when you're playing a team trying to kick you off the park. Yes particks game wasnt pretty but when we've played them this season it's not been like playing hearts or Hamilton where you're kicked up and down the park.
    Thistle were lucky Devine wasn't sent off twice. Livi are physical but up to the other team to deal with it, Thistle lucky still to be in the tie.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: sjmcg1304
    Just back from the game - Livi deserved their win, and the tie could have been dead and buried had a stronger referee been in charge. Craig Thompson is without a doubt the worst referee in this country - missed 2 clear penalties, several blatant dives, gave some bizarre decisions in both directions and strutted around with his typical arrogant demeanour all the while. I don't think he's a cheat - he's just absolutely garbage at his job. I happen to be good friends with one of the top linesmen in the league, and he hates him too!

Still a tough ask for Livingston to go to Firhill and win IMO. Thistle will be all guns blazing on Sunday, and Livi will need to see them off and try and hit them on the break. Given that Livingston have gotten this far and dealt with Dundee United and the first leg of the final without their top 2 goalscorers from the season is a testament to how plucky they are.

It's also really nice to see the club doing things the right way this time around. No more dodgy financials to get where they are, and achieving a lot of their success this season using player's they've brought through themselves (with notable exceptions in Miller and Alexander).

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: sjmcg1304
    I think David Hopkin hit the nail on the head in his BBC interview today - the Livingston fans that have went away from the club probably still feel quite embittered about the ownership of old. People that had businesses that were owed money by previous administrations that they never saw again, as shysters like Massone and Flynn raped the club of any resources, success and integrity they had. The success the past few seasons has seen an increase at Almondvale again, but it's going to be a long process for many fans to return regularly.

Livingston also exist in a market where Hearts and Hibs are 30 minutes east, and Rangers and Celtc are 30 minutes west. Given all that's gone before, and pre-existing allegiances, 5500 isn't a terrible attendance for a Thursday night when the game was on the TV, and fans have already spent £40 on the previous 2 games on top of another £20 tonight and another £20 on Sunday no doubt.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Daniel1875
    Livingston moving to an artificial pitch next year I believe...

Partick will be in the spl next season.

Quote Originally Posted by Borderhibbie76 View Post

Unually, but the defeat might just be what helps drive Partick on. We saw that to our cost against Hamilton who were effectively down and out at 0-2, came to ER and played with freedom and there rest is Butcher's history.

I hate all the size of attendance nonsense. I seen my wee Swedish team beat Arsenal at the Emirates outnumbered vastly by gooners and we deserved our win. Go on Livvy fans!

@hibs.net private member Viva_Palmeiras's Avatar
    Yup - a yammish tendency - let’s not go there.
    "We know the people who have invested so far are simple fans." Vladimir Romanov - Scotsman 10th December 2012
    "Romanov was like a breath of fresh air - laced with cyanide." Me.

Was quite impressed with the lad Byrne for livi

Quote Originally Posted by Sylar View Post
    I think David Hopkin hit the nail on the head in his BBC interview today - the Livingston fans that have went away from the club probably still feel quite embittered about the ownership of old. People that had businesses that were owed money by previous administrations that they never saw again, as shysters like Massone and Flynn raped the club of any resources, success and integrity they had. The success the past few seasons has seen an increase at Almondvale again, but it's going to be a long process for many fans to return regularly.

Livingston also exist in a market where Hearts and Hibs are 30 minutes east, and Rangers and Celtc are 30 minutes west. Given all that's gone before, and pre-existing allegiances, 5500 isn't a terrible attendance for a Thursday night when the game was on the TV, and fans have already spent £40 on the previous 2 games on top of another £20 tonight and another £20 on Sunday no doubt.
    Totally agree with all that, well summed up.
    I also have a few good pals from there, mostly rough as a badgers erse but I like that about Livingstone 😁

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    I was thinking Livi could give Partick a good game after watching them in both games against Dundee Utd, and that is what happened last night.

To me they look fitter and stronger than Partick, with some decent players who know their system and play to it well.

It may be industrial, its certainly cynical at times, but it works and i think they might go through.

I'd prefer Partick to stay up though, as those plastic pitches are not good enough for top league football yet.

@hibs.net private member Callum_62's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Wii Code: 0083-4364-6418-4974

Play-off Livi-Patrick (nhc)

Livi deserved there win and possibly could have had the tie just about done and dusted last night

Its not pretty football but it works

I said that i hoped they got Partick as i didn’t think they could match them for physicality, and thats exactly what happened last night

Partick had no answers to the pressing and sheer incredible work rate of Livi

I hope they go up

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Hermit Crab View Post
    They are, on current evidence they deserve to go down, they will have to pull something out the bag in the second leg!
    One attempt on target, shocking performance.

Fair play to Livi, on the verge of back to back promotions, when did that last happen?

Testimonial Due
    My take on last night's game, was looking back to the 50's and 60's where men were men!

Today's football, a breath of wind and the player is down and the physio is on the pitch, last night Miller was forced to go off to get blood removed from his face after playing on, then gets a second head knock and plays on, then yet another face knock, a knee in the chin, and he still was battering into the Thistle defence till taken off in the 87 minute!!!

It's people and teams like that we should want in the Premiership, not a bunch of whinging wee lassies, as for playing silky football, the big thing is getting out of the championship, then think about adding the silky stuff!!