hibs.net Messageboard

Manager with European experience?

I can’t remember the last time but it feels like lennon is the first hibs manager In a long time with European experience.

I feel like lennon is the perfect knockout manager and I also believe that the European experience he has will stand us in good stead. I certainly don’t feel like he will not understand this competition or European opposition!

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member bingo70's Avatar
    Not saying it will have any impact but am I right in saying Lennon won’t be on the touch line due to his European ban after the Brondby game?

How long was his ban again?

@hibs.net private member cabbageandribs1875's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bingo70 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Not saying it will have any impact but am I right in saying Lennon won’t be on the touch line due to his European ban after the Brondby game?

he should be back on the touchline after our next 3 seasons in europe

nah seriously, he should be back in time for our group stage games

Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by bingo70 View Post

Think it was 5 games

Quote Originally Posted by JimboHibs View Post
    Think it was 5 games
    Got reduced to 4 on appeal, and he's already served one, so 3 to go. Back in time for the second leg of the 2nd Qualifying Round then.

Quote Originally Posted by Cairney11 View Post
    I can’t remember the last time but it feels like lennon is the first hibs manager In a long time with European experience.

I feel like lennon is the perfect knockout manager and I also believe that the European experience he has will stand us in good stead. I certainly don’t feel like he will not understand this competition or European opposition!
    What makes you say he is the perfect knockout manager? He has a pretty poor record at Hampden

Quote Originally Posted by HFCEighteen75 View Post
    Got reduced to 4 on appeal, and he's already served one, so 3 to go. Back in time for the second leg of the 2nd Qualifying Round then.
    I believe his 4 match ban started from when the ruling was made i.e. the game at Brondby didn't count towards it.

I believe he'll be banned from the dugout for the next 4 European games he's involved in.

@hibs.net private member Carheenlea's Avatar
    I don’t think the European experience is as important as his simple desire to win and the high standards that he sets and expects.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir David Gray View Post
    I believe his 4 match ban started from when the ruling was made i.e. the game at Brondby didn't count towards it.

I believe he'll be banned from the dugout for the next 4 European games he's involved in.
    Not saying you're wrong, but he did have to sit in the stands for the away leg at Brondby, I remember that 100%. So UEFA don't count that as one of the matches in the ban?

Quote Originally Posted by HFCEighteen75 View Post
    Not saying you're wrong, but he did have to sit in the stands for the away leg at Brondby, I remember that 100%. So UEFA don't count that as one of the matches in the ban?
    Not by the way it was worded in the media at the time, I don't think it does count.

https://www.scotsman.com/sport/footb...peal-1-4271377