hibs.net Messageboard

 

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 31 to 37 of 37
  1. #31
    Testimonial Due GreenOnions's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Glasgow
    Posts
    1,686
    What about closing a particular portion of the offending club's ground for a set number of games? The proportion to be closed could be determined by the number of transgressions, the severity of the offence and the extent to which that particular ground is generally filled.

    It could be left to the club to decide which part of the ground is closed - although closing space for away supporters couldn't be allowed.


  2. Log in to remove the advert

  3. #32
    @hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    1000's of people's Barcelona
    Posts
    33,455
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenOnions View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    What about closing a particular portion of the offending club's ground for a set number of games? The proportion to be closed could be determined by the number of transgressions, the severity of the offence and the extent to which that particular ground is generally filled.

    It could be left to the club to decide which part of the ground is closed - although closing space for away supporters couldn't be allowed.
    At first glance, that looks like a better solution to me.

    The fans would have to behave or they would lose out as well as their club.

    The potential for "militant" groups to hold their club to ransom would be removed.
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £1,789.68!



  4. #33
    @hibs.net private member WhileTheChief..'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    The East
    Age
    46
    Posts
    2,378
    Quote Originally Posted by underscore View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    No one in scottish football appears to care about sectarianism. Its all very odd but its never even mentioned now in sports reports and on tv. Despite it being as bad as ever.
    Iíd go further than that and say no one in the country really cares, forgot about the football altogether for a moment.

    Sectarianism just isnít discussed and itís not a widespread problem in society anymore.

    Think about the big issues like Independance, Brexit, Trump, even the Royal Wedding. All of these things got discussed in the workplace or round the dinner table up and down the country.

    Does anyone ever sit and discuss the problems between Catholics and Protestants in West Central Scotland?!

    Itís just not an issue like it used to be.

    You simply donít get people being refused employment because of their religion or promotions in the workplace or whatever. If anything, thatís probably moved over to those with a surname of Ali rather than OíMalley.

    All these basic rights are covered by numerous laws now and unions over the years have ensured that that kinda crap canít go on nowadays.

    So now we have the Old Firm, a few dodgy pubs and clubs and the marches / parades.

    Is a bit of singing at the football really so bad that we want people locked up for it?

    Iíd much rather finish above Rangers in the league because we were better than them instead of it being down to them having points deducted due to the actions of their fans.

  5. #34
    @hibs.net private member Deansy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    3,017
    Quote Originally Posted by edinburghhibee View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    This could all be sorted so easily if the SFA or the SPFL just started deducting point from clubs where itís proven they are singing sectarian abuse. First 5 tines 1 point per match five onwards 2 points per match and so on. Eventually the clubs will self police as the points start to drop off and titles are lost


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Great idea - the Hun would be back in Div 3 within 3 successive seasons !

  6. #35
    Coaching Staff monktonharp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    pleasant valley eh15
    Age
    64
    Posts
    10,455
    Quote Originally Posted by Northernhibee View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The "Hun ****" banner is indefensible. Devoid of humour or wit like the natural order banner, not even short of material from that lot it's the sort of thing that gets us labelled as a mini Celtic as it's at their level. Those responsible can't complain if the club were to say don't come back

    The airplane - meh. It made me smile, it was an outpouring of emotion but the rules are out clear on entering the pitch.

    The club should put out a statement about their sectarianism but can't defend ourselves about the above really.
    you are entitled to your opinion

  7. #36
    Coaching Staff monktonharp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    pleasant valley eh15
    Age
    64
    Posts
    10,455
    Quote Originally Posted by NAE NOOKIE View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    This 'Hun ****' banner certainly seems to have kicked off a debate on the subject of sectarianism, perhaps it wasn't as bad an idea as some folk are making out if that's the case.

    Its time to put it to bed now though because it gives the Huns an excuse to play the pretend victim and enables them to deflect from their own vile ramblings. What about a new banner for the next time they visit with 'DONT BRING YOUR BIGOTRY HERE' written on it .... no chance of that sentiment being turned on us and something everybody can agree on. I for one would be happy to contribute to that one
    got me a bit confused here. it gives the Huns an excuse YOU SAY, and in the same sentence you confirm their VILE RAMBLINGS. so which side of the fence are you on? are they Huns, or are we not allowed to call them that? because they are, and always were called that imho. nothing has ever changed about their demour, their violant rambling despicable WATP pish over the 50 years I have seen them appearing at the holy ground. I will always call them what they are.dont know what you mean by putting it to bed. don't blame the laddies who thought up the banner, think of what we've had to put up with from them lot

  8. #37
    Quote Originally Posted by WhileTheChief.. View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Iíd go further than that and say no one in the country really cares, forgot about the football altogether for a moment.

    Sectarianism just isnít discussed and itís not a widespread problem in society anymore.

    Think about the big issues like Independance, Brexit, Trump, even the Royal Wedding. All of these things got discussed in the workplace or round the dinner table up and down the country.

    Does anyone ever sit and discuss the problems between Catholics and Protestants in West Central Scotland?!

    Itís just not an issue like it used to be.

    You simply donít get people being refused employment because of their religion or promotions in the workplace or whatever. If anything, thatís probably moved over to those with a surname of Ali rather than OíMalley.

    All these basic rights are covered by numerous laws now and unions over the years have ensured that that kinda crap canít go on nowadays.

    So now we have the Old Firm, a few dodgy pubs and clubs and the marches / parades.

    Is a bit of singing at the football really so bad that we want people locked up for it?

    Iíd much rather finish above Rangers in the league because we were better than them instead of it being down to them having points deducted due to the actions of their fans.
    I absolutely agree, the vast majority of people don't care what religion people are. These (mostly) Old Firm songs are sung due to tradition and the perceived identity of their clubs. I'm absolutely convinced that most Old Firm fans will have friends, work mates and neighbors of the opposite persuasion and get on well with them, dare I say that the majority aren't even actively religious and wouldn't know the difference between the various Christian religions.

    Just an example of tribal mentality and going along with things that have always been done, without actively thinking about them.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
hibs.net ©2012 All Rights Reserved