hibs.net Messageboard

 

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 61 to 79 of 79
  1. #61
    @hibs.net private member
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    2,172
    Have Hibs made any official comment on the case? Rangers conduct is absolutely despicable but I'd like to hear from our club to get their take on what happened.

    It's a long time ago now but if we (even historically) behaved poorly as a club I'd like to see us be open and honest about things.


  2. Log in to remove the advert

  3. #62
    Coaching Staff JimBHibees's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Amityville
    Posts
    25,139
    Interesting wording used in this case about an ex Celtic coach who abused a young player.

    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-44194256

    "He also worked at a number of other Scottish clubs, including Hibernian, before moving to Northern Ireland in recent years".

    Why not name the other Scottish clubs and not just Hibs, a little odd imo.

  4. #63
    Coaching Staff Future17's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    "Galactidos!"
    Age
    34
    Posts
    5,343
    SFA and Hibs now being sued by an alleged victim of Neely.

  5. #64
    @hibs.net private member superfurryhibby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    In dreams.
    Posts
    3,257
    Quote Originally Posted by JimBHibees View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Interesting wording used in this case about an ex Celtic coach who abused a young player.

    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-44194256

    "He also worked at a number of other Scottish clubs, including Hibernian, before moving to Northern Ireland in recent years".

    Why not name the other Scottish clubs and not just Hibs, a little odd imo.
    They mention Celtic, Hibs and Falkirk as the clubs he worked at in the first paragraph.

    At least the perverted ****er has plead guilty. Little comfort to his victims but better than having to go through a trial.

  6. #65
    First Team Breakthrough Chorley Hibee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    Wishaw
    Age
    38
    Posts
    119
    Quote Originally Posted by superfurryhibby View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    They mention Celtic, Hibs and Falkirk as the clubs he worked at in the first paragraph.

    At least the perverted ****er has plead guilty. Little comfort to his victims but better than having to go through a trial.
    It's the bold "Worked at Hibernian" half way down the article I find unusual - as opposed to mentioning all, or any of the other clubs this deviant was employed at.
    Last edited by Chorley Hibee; 01-08-2018 at 06:57 AM.

  7. #66
    First Team Regular Chic Murray's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    A perpetual situation comedy.
    Posts
    729
    Quote Originally Posted by Chorley Hibee View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It's the bold "Worked at Hibernian" half way down the article I find unusual - as opposed to mentioning all, or any of the other clubs this deviant was employed at.
    I think the fact he worked at Hibs is all that concerns us. Naming other clubs is neither here nor there.

    Whitabootery doesn't have anything to do with it.

  8. #67
    First Team Breakthrough Chorley Hibee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    Wishaw
    Age
    38
    Posts
    119
    Quote Originally Posted by Chic Murray View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I think the fact he worked at Hibs is all that concerns us. Naming other clubs is neither here nor there.

    Whitabootery doesn't have anything to do with it.
    Indeed, but likewise I don't expect Hibs to be highlighted any more than any of the other clubs who employed him.

  9. #68
    Coaching Staff Betty Boop's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Sunny Leith
    Posts
    8,451
    Quote Originally Posted by Chic Murray View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I think the fact he worked at Hibs is all that concerns us. Naming other clubs is neither here nor there.

    Whitabootery doesn't have anything to do with it.
    Exactly . Who gives a flying one what other clubs he worked for. The fact that he worked for us is shameful.

  10. #69
    Coaching Staff Smartie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Age
    40
    Posts
    7,711
    I think we need to lead from the front on this one.

    Hibs have to be open, honest, transparent, 100% co-operative and if there is a price to pay, we pay it.

    By all accounts we had a wrong un at our club, we need to take ownership of that fact and deal with it.

    It's up to Rangers how they choose to deal with it if any complaints come their way.

    Looking back on institutions who have been mixed up in such allegations (think BBC, the Catholic Church etc) then it can cause irreparable reputational damage (not to mention further suffering for any victims) if you do not.

  11. #70
    First Team Regular Chic Murray's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    A perpetual situation comedy.
    Posts
    729
    Quote Originally Posted by Chorley Hibee View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Indeed, but likewise I don't expect Hibs to be highlighted any more than any of the other clubs who employed him.
    I couldn't care less. It's not a competition.

  12. #71
    First Team Breakthrough Chorley Hibee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    Wishaw
    Age
    38
    Posts
    119
    Quote Originally Posted by Chic Murray View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I couldn't care less. It's not a competition.
    In my eyes it's nothing to do with being a competition either, it's a matter of fairness and impartial reporting.

  13. #72
    First Team Regular mixumatosis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Age
    40
    Posts
    738
    Does anyone honestly think Hibs will be failing to handle this in an appropriate and sensitive manner?

    If we never hear a word out of the club about this it will be because it's been dealt with privately, as it should be, not because of some kind of cover up.

  14. #73
    Coaching Staff Smartie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Age
    40
    Posts
    7,711
    Quote Originally Posted by mixumatosis View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Does anyone honestly think Hibs will be failing to handle this in an appropriate and sensitive manner?

    If we never hear a word out of the club about this it will be because it's been dealt with privately, as it should be, not because of some kind of cover up.
    I have total faith in Hibs to do the right thing - now.

    I suspect we'll have some questions to answer about our past though.

  15. #74
    First Team Regular Hibees3_Sevco2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Location
    Embra
    Posts
    783
    Quote Originally Posted by Smartie View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I think we need to lead from the front on this one.

    Hibs have to be open, honest, transparent, 100% co-operative and if there is a price to pay, we pay it.

    By all accounts we had a wrong un at our club, we need to take ownership of that fact and deal with it.

    It's up to Rangers how they choose to deal with it if any complaints come their way.

    Looking back on institutions who have been mixed up in such allegations (think BBC, the Catholic Church etc) then it can cause irreparable reputational damage (not to mention further suffering for any victims) if you do not.
    100%. Individuals suffered at the hands of an employee of our club, so just pay out, take responsibility, and give the guy some closure.

    We have to handle this in a manner of dignity and class.

  16. #75
    @hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    lincolnshire
    Age
    58
    Posts
    15,099
    Quote Originally Posted by Smartie View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I have total faith in Hibs to do the right thing - now.

    I suspect we'll have some questions to answer about our past though.
    Yep, I agree.

    Very interesting contrast with the Legal / moral position at Sevco/the Rangers/Oldco. Quick flip to the moving on camp for this one. The five way agreement is proving more valuable to them every day it would seem.

    "I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

    Sir Matt Busby

  17. #76
    First Team Regular Chic Murray's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    A perpetual situation comedy.
    Posts
    729
    Quote Originally Posted by Chorley Hibee View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    In my eyes it's nothing to do with being a competition either, it's a matter of fairness and impartial reporting.
    We are centre stage in this story, and as fans we have to be more concerned with how Hibs will fix this instead of whining about some perceived slight by the media.

    Given that Neely was at Hibs, I think it's relevant that this coach was also at Easter Road.

    When in a hole, we need to stop digging.

  18. #77
    First Team Regular Chic Murray's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    A perpetual situation comedy.
    Posts
    729
    Quote Originally Posted by mixumatosis View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Does anyone honestly think Hibs will be failing to handle this in an appropriate and sensitive manner?

    If we never hear a word out of the club about this it will be because it's been dealt with privately, as it should be, not because of some kind of cover up.
    Most cover ups are done quietly.

  19. #78
    Quote Originally Posted by Chorley Hibee View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    In my eyes it's nothing to do with being a competition either, it's a matter of fairness and impartial reporting.
    I'm just assuming it's due to our high profile? In the same way if it was Manchester United, Chelsea and then a host of lower league clubs - the high-profile ones are the ones that are going to resonate with readers most?

    Having said that I've made the assumption without knowing every club he was employed by.

  20. #79
    @hibs.net private member CropleyWasGod's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Posts
    22,421
    Quote Originally Posted by WeeRussell View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'm just assuming it's due to our high profile? In the same way if it was Manchester United, Chelsea and then a host of lower league clubs - the high-profile ones are the ones that are going to resonate with readers most?

    Having said that I've made the assumption without knowing every club he was employed by.
    Celtic were in the headline, which has been missed by some. And that probably backs up your point.

    Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
hibs.net ©2012 All Rights Reserved