hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

@hibs.net private member givescotlandfreedom's Avatar

Rangers and abuse

When approached by a victim of Gordon Neely's abuse Rangers have pointed him to old Rangers' liquidatiors claiming the company Rangers 2012 have nothing to do with these historic abuses. Quite disgusting how vocal they are about being the same club but run a mile when a victim comes to them for support http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-glasgow-west-44126217?ns_linkname=scotland&ns_campaign=bbc_spor tsound&ns_mchannel=social&ns_source=twitter

Quote Originally Posted by givescotlandfreedom View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    When approached by a victim of Gordon Neely's abuse Rangers have pointed him to old Rangers' liquidatiors claiming the company Rangers 2012 have nothing to do with these historic abuses. Quite disgusting how vocal they are about being the same club but run a mile when a victim comes to them for support http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotlan...source=twitter
    Yes agree, they were horrible as the old club and probably worse as the new one

@hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by scuttle View Post
    Two cheeks, same bloated horrible erse

Scotlands shame though, Scotland doesn't want them and neither does their much loved England.

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby

Quote Originally Posted by Bostonhibby View Post
    Two cheeks, same bloated horrible erse

Scotlands shame though, Scotland doesn't want them and neither does their much loved England.

They took Seansea and Cardiff from Wales? Surely they have to take the weegie pair?

@hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Waxy View Post
    They took Seansea and Cardiff from Wales? Surely they have to take the weegie pair?
    But they just slightly dislike each other on footballing grounds?

Or on the basis that one or the other is from the wrong part of Wales or slightly less Welsh than the other.

Hardly compares to the original ugly sisters

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby

@hibs.net private member BSEJVT's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by scuttle View Post
    Very true

I would say The Rangers are far worse than the old

This lot don't even pretend to be in the tent pissing out

Its very sad that they had the chance to reinvent themselves and did so in at best an equally bad reincarnation of the old and at worst something far more sinister.

Oldco when its suits them for honours etc but quite happy to walk away from any baggage from Oldco whether legal or moral if they can.

They are in a very small minority but there must be decent Rangers supporters out there, I would like to imagine that they are very unhappy with Newco and its handling of various matters.

Maybe I am paying them credit they don't deserve

Quote Originally Posted by BSEJVT View Post
    Very true

Its very sad that they had the chance to reinvent themselves and did so in at best an equally bad reincarnation of the old and at worst something far more sinister.

Oldco when its suits them for honours etc but quite happy to walk away from any baggage from Oldco whether legal or moral if they can.

They are in a very small minority but there must be decent Rangers supporters out there, I would like to imagine that they are very unhappy with Newco and its handling of various matters.

As an aside, guess who wrote this little nugget in 2012?

Some Rangers fans believe the club's history, which would end with liquidation, must be protected but there is a shameful part of that history which they should want to forget and any newco should make it clear a new beginning means exactly that.

A new club open to all from the very beginning.

Quote Originally Posted by JeMeSouviens View Post

As an aside, guess who wrote this little nugget in 2012?
    Jim Traynor

Fixed your URL as not posted as a link mate...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotlan...source=twitter

Quote Originally Posted by Sammy7nil View Post
    Jim Traynor
    Correct!

Very true

Absolutely this. Nobody wants to use historic child abuse in football for point scoring, but in this case its perfectly valid. As you say, they want all the glory of the old club and get incredibly defensive when folk say they aren't the same club, even to the point of accusing folk of having an agenda against them and making veiled and not so veiled threats against anybody who dares to challenge their claim to the legacy of the oldco.

And yet the second they are asked to take responsibility for any of the negatives of the oldco they say it has nothing to do with them. The utter lack of moral fortitude and shameless denial of what even the thickest knuckle dragger must realise is a ridiculous paradox ( to quote them ) 'beggars belief'

That's the real tragedy of one of the biggest, if not the biggest. club in Scottish football being brought low like they were. The only positive from the whole situation was that the had the chance to reinvent themselves as something far better and even show a little humility along the way. Instead they have gotten even worse, if that were possible, and ramped up the 'whitabootery' bigotry' and paranoia.

Absolutely horrible club and the shame of Scottish football.

@hibs.net private member One Day Soon's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: 4 PSN ID: 6 Wii Code: 5
    Very true

There are some, I know a few. They're generally embarrassed by the state of the club and its wide range of public stupidity and misbehaviours.

Your post raises a very interesting wider point for me which is the difference between a club and its supporters. I have long felt pretty sorry for supporters of The Rangers (I know, I know - massive amounts of sectarian bigotry, horrible behaviour more generally, massive unjustified conceit, their share of the twinned Ugly Sister behaviour in ruining Scottish football over literally decades and the grace and favour of Scottish referees since forever).

Putting aside the sectarianism for the moment - which is difficult because it is so vile and a horrible toxic contradictory mixture of being both unthinkingly stupid and consciously deliberately malign - here is why I feel sorry for fans of The Rangers in a way that I absolutely didn't and don't for Hearts fans. Their club has been joy-ridden around for years by a succession of increasingly dodgy characters to the extent that it is effectively largely broken and broke. I don't think any of us knew or even suspected what was going on at the time - it just looked like rich people piling wealth into a club. The consequence has been that their fans - most of who are just ordinary guys whose relationship with their team is central in their lives - have been left with a smouldering shell. The wide boy chancers have gotten away with a clean pair of heels - wealth substantially intact - while the punters see something they love and revere junked and derided.

I don't think that most fans of Rangers knew what was going on but I think most fans of Hearts knew - or at least suspected - exactly what was going on with Romanov and just did not give a ****. Romanov's origins, his attempts and rebuffs in trying to take over other clubs and his wider business dealings made it pretty obvious that he was an utter mentallist and the Poppy Thieves just lapped it up. They positively invited it upon themselves by asking no questions, accepting all the crazed behaviour and all the while suspecting that something didn't add up.

In summary, I hate the behaviour of these bigotted morons but also I feel sorry for them that consecutive ouanqueres have used their club like a post-coital tissue and left it trashed. Maybe I'm just getting soft in my old age.

As for the current iteration of The Rangers and the response to this guy's experience, the club really has shown all of the class of an institution that just couldn't care less. I don't even blame them for trying to have it both ways more generally - we're still the same club/ past debts and failings was another company - but the inability to muster any sincere regret, compassion or just plain looking after one of their own here seems staggering.

@hibs.net private member BSEJVT's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by One Day Soon View Post
    There are some, I know a few. They're generally embarrassed by the state of the club and its wide range of public stupidity and misbehaviours.

Your post raises a very interesting wider point for me which is the difference between a club and its supporters. I have long felt pretty sorry for supporters of The Rangers (I know, I know - massive amounts of sectarian bigotry, horrible behaviour more generally, massive unjustified conceit, their share of the twinned Ugly Sister behaviour in ruining Scottish football over literally decades and the grace and favour of Scottish referees since forever).

Putting aside the sectarianism for the moment - which is difficult because it is so vile and a horrible toxic contradictory mixture of being both unthinkingly stupid and consciously deliberately malign - here is why I feel sorry for fans of The Rangers in a way that I absolutely didn't and don't for Hearts fans. Their club has been joy-ridden around for years by a succession of increasingly dodgy characters to the extent that it is effectively largely broken and broke. I don't think any of us knew or even suspected what was going on at the time - it just looked like rich people piling wealth into a club. The consequence has been that their fans - most of who are just ordinary guys whose relationship with their team is central in their lives - have been left with a smouldering shell. The wide boy chancers have gotten away with a clean pair of heels - wealth substantially intact - while the punters see something they love and revere junked and derided.

I don't think that most fans of Rangers knew what was going on but I think most fans of Hearts knew - or at least suspected - exactly what was going on with Romanov and just did not give a ****. Romanov's origins, his attempts and rebuffs in trying to take over other clubs and his wider business dealings made it pretty obvious that he was an utter mentallist and the Poppy Thieves just lapped it up. They positively invited it upon themselves by asking no questions, accepting all the crazed behaviour and all the while suspecting that something didn't add up.

In summary, I hate the behaviour of these bigotted morons but also I feel sorry for them that consecutive ouanqueres have used their club like a post-coital tissue and left it trashed. Maybe I'm just getting soft in my old age.

As for the current iteration of The Rangers and the response to this guy's experience, the club really has shown all of the class of an institution that just couldn't care less. I don't even blame them for trying to have it both ways more generally - we're still the same club/ past debts and failings was another company - but the inability to muster any sincere regret, compassion or just plain looking after one of their own here seems staggering.
    All it takes for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.

I think its impossible to divorce the actions of either Hearts or Rangers supporters in allowing themselves to be placated by the spending of money they patently didn't have.

For that reason I have no more sympathy (in fact none whatsoever) for either of them dealing with the fall out of their administration events and I wish them nothing but pain from it for many years to come.

They both exhibited massive arrogance, Rangers through their establishment entitlement acquired and enhanced over many years and Hearts because whether they would like to admit it or not have always hankered for the same type of acceptance Hibs have always had for the way in which we play football and the fact that we are seen as trendy and edgy and they are seen as boring as ****.

Hearts are the very definition of the smelly wee brother of the hardest most popular guy is school, they are tolerated because big brother will kick folks heads in if they are not, but not liked in any way and know they are tolerated because of that threat rather than liked and that irritates the hell out them.

They quite happily drunk with devil for decades to have their moment in the sun and forgot the humility and decency they would require on the way down to land softly when they stopped being rich folks plaything.

For the avoidance of all doubt, I really don't like them :-)

Despite the fact that some Hearts Supporters are hun wannabees, I cannot tar them all with the same sectarian brush that its easy to tar rangers supporters with. Although less in number we too have our idiot element waiting in the wings to play up to the sectarian stereotyping of our club.

Its easy to be seduced and in doing so not to question where events are or could take you. I would hope that there are enough "good men" that if things were happening to Hibs that a stand would be taken.

As an example there have been posts recently about folk taking issue with idiots giving it "up the RA" crap. Do you think that would or could happen at Ibrox, it might at Tynecastle, but I am not certain.

On the one hand, Hands of and on Hibs suggest there are, but on the other hand the abuse directed at STF and constant demands for him to pitch in more cash suggests that some may sign up to anything for short term gain.

As one generation of a long generation of Hibs supporters which carries on to my children and will surely carry on beyond I am acutely aware that we are merely the current "good men" charged with the development and maintenance of the club we love. Its not ours to throw away or tarnish on the back of any desire for short term success

I and many folk like me we argue long and hard to preserve and enhance that legacy for future generations.

The price of that has and probably will be again in the future that we don't drink with devil and enjoy the short term illusory benefits that brings, but the other side of that coin is that we will keep and cherish something we can all be proud of without allegations such as poppy thieves etc being levied at us.

GGTTH

Gamer IDs

All it takes for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.

I think its impossible to divorce the actions of either Hearts or Rangers supporters in allowing themselves to be placated by the spending of money they patently didn't have.

For that reason I have no more sympathy (in fact none whatsoever) for either of them dealing with the fall out of their administration events and I wish them nothing but pain from it for many years to come.

They both exhibited massive arrogance, Rangers through their establishment entitlement acquired and enhanced over many years and Hearts because whether they would like to admit it or not have always hankered for the same type of acceptance Hibs have always had for the way in which we play football and the fact that we are seen as trendy and edgy and they are seen as boring as ****.

Hearts are the very definition of the smelly wee brother of the hardest most popular guy is school, they are tolerated because big brother will kick folks heads in if they are not, but not liked in any way and know they are tolerated because of that threat rather than liked and that irritates the hell out them.

They quite happily drunk with devil for decades to have their moment in the sun and forgot the humility and decency they would require on the way down to land softly when they stopped being rich folks plaything.

For the avoidance of all doubt, I really don't like them :-)

Despite the fact that some Hearts Supporters are hun wannabees, I cannot tar them all with the same sectarian brush that its easy to tar rangers supporters with. Although less in number we too have our idiot element waiting in the wings to play up to the sectarian stereotyping of our club.

Its easy to be seduced and in doing so not to question where events are or could take you. I would hope that there are enough "good men" that if things were happening to Hibs that a stand would be taken.

As an example there have been posts recently about folk taking issue with idiots giving it "up the RA" crap. Do you think that would or could happen at Ibrox, it might at Tynecastle, but I am not certain.

On the one hand, Hands of and on Hibs suggest there are, but on the other hand the abuse directed at STF and constant demands for him to pitch in more cash suggests that some may sign up to anything for short term gain.

As one generation of a long generation of Hibs supporters which carries on to my children and will surely carry on beyond I am acutely aware that we are merely the current "good men" charged with the development and maintenance of the club we love. Its not ours to throw away or tarnish on the back of any desire for short term success

I and many folk like me we argue long and hard to preserve and enhance that legacy for future generations.

The price of that has and probably will be again in the future that we don't drink with devil and enjoy the short term illusory benefits that brings, but the other side of that coin is that we will keep and cherish something we can all be proud of without allegations such as poppy thieves etc being levied at us.

GGTTH

I think there's some historical revision going on here. I can't recall anyone at the time saying this was money that Rangers didn't have. Everyone thought it was largely one man throwing his own fortune at his plaything. From the very start Vlad's credibility and source of funding was under deep, deep suspicion.

I get what you're saying but:

- can't see how any remotely conscionable individual could live with the naked anti-Catholic bigotry that seems central to practically everything their support does
    - am amazed at how their answer to "their club has been ****ed by rich ********s treating it as a plaything" is "find us any rich ******** to plough in more money"

So **** them.

Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by JeMeSouviens View Post
    I get what you're saying but:

- can't see how any remotely conscionable individual could live with the naked anti-Catholic bigotry that seems central to practically everything their support does
    - am amazed at how their answer to "their club has been ****ed by rich ********s treating it as a plaything" is "find us any rich ******** to plough in more money"

So **** them.

I know, it's a contradiction. I still feel sorry for them. It must be like being a zombie in The Walking Dead.

@hibs.net private member lapsedhibee's Avatar
    I think most fans of Hearts knew - or at least suspected - exactly what was going on with Romanov and just did not give a ****. Romanov's origins, his attempts and rebuffs in trying to take over other clubs and his wider business dealings made it pretty obvious that he was an utter mentallist and the Poppy Thieves just lapped it up. They positively invited it upon themselves by asking no questions, accepting all the crazed behaviour and all the while suspecting that something didn't add up.
    Don't think the bold bit's really right. They introduced their own counting system - yamathematics - without skipping a beat, to ensure that the things which didn't add up to the rest of us always did to them.

Left by mutual consent! calumhibee1's Avatar
    Disgraceful. They really are **** of the earth and this is proof if any was needed that they are NOT the same club.

Blog Entries
    A disgusting way to treat victims of abuse.

Quote Originally Posted by Stranraer View Post
    A disgusting way to treat victims of abuse.
    Exactly. Brushing them off just like they did to their creditors.

Left by mutual consent!
    Just out of general interest.

Why did Hibernian not inform Rangers of Neeley's history ? Am I correct in saying it was known within our circles at the time ?

Quote Originally Posted by cleanyman View Post

Why did Hibernian not inform Rangers of Neeley's history ? Am I correct in saying it was known within our circles at the time ?
    I don't think that was really the way stuff like that was dealt with back then.

If you got the individual out of your establishment you would have considered your job to have been done (some institutions even struggled to do this much).

We are better at dealing with situations like this these days. It might not seem it, but children are actually far better protected than before.

Quote Originally Posted by cleanyman View Post

They couldn't if he hadn't been convicted of anything.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by givescotlandfreedom View Post
    When approached by a victim of Gordon Neely's abuse Rangers have pointed him to old Rangers' liquidatiors claiming the company Rangers 2012 have nothing to do with these historic abuses. Quite disgusting how vocal they are about being the same club but run a mile when a victim comes to them for support http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotlan...source=twitter
    Low as it gets.

Treating a child abuse victim like a creditor is about as low as it gets.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar
    They really are vile.

I honestly think that response is an absolute disgrace. They are either the same club or they are not. They can't pick and choose the parts from the old club they like and dismiss the bits that don't suit them.

What a shocking way to treat an alleged victim of sexual abuse and proof if anyone actually needed it about how morally corrupt that club is from top to bottom.

Blog Entries
    That club and it’s former being truly are literally the **** of the earth. Sevco bask in the pluses of the former self but reject all the negatives associated with it. Surely it’s about time the SFA struck off the honours claimed by the new outfit. It’s also rich that their muppet support castigate their ugly sisters’ sexual dishonour but make no mention of their own.

I actually routed for them in the Cup winners cup as a 13 year old in 72 as you backed Scottish teams in Europe. I was then educated and despised them since and the new one.

@hibs.net private member snooky's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim44 View Post
    That club and it’s former being truly are literally the **** of the earth. Sevco bask in the pluses of the former self but reject all the negatives associated with it. Surely it’s about time the SFA struck off the honours claimed by the new outfit. It’s also rich that their muppet support castigate their ugly sisters’ sexual dishonour but make no mention of their own.
    How can they claim to be 'the people' when they don't even look after their own?
    And another thing, I thought they 'don't do walking away'?
    TBH, this is as bad PR as there's ever been from Ibrox.