hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    @hibs.net private member givescotlandfreedom's Avatar

Rangers and abuse

When approached by a victim of Gordon Neely's abuse Rangers have pointed him to old Rangers' liquidatiors claiming the company Rangers 2012 have nothing to do with these historic abuses. Quite disgusting how vocal they are about being the same club but run a mile when a victim comes to them for support http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-glasgow-west-44126217?ns_linkname=scotland&ns_campaign=bbc_spor tsound&ns_mchannel=social&ns_source=twitter

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by givescotlandfreedom View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    When approached by a victim of Gordon Neely's abuse Rangers have pointed him to old Rangers' liquidatiors claiming the company Rangers 2012 have nothing to do with these historic abuses. Quite disgusting how vocal they are about being the same club but run a mile when a victim comes to them for support http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotlan...source=twitter
    Yes agree, they were horrible as the old club and probably worse as the new one

@hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by scuttle View Post
    Two cheeks, same bloated horrible erse

Scotlands shame though, Scotland doesn't want them and neither does their much loved England.

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby

Left by mutual consent! calumhibee1's Avatar
    Disgraceful. They really are **** of the earth and this is proof if any was needed that they are NOT the same club.

Blog Entries
    A disgusting way to treat victims of abuse.

@hibs.net private member BSEJVT's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by scuttle View Post
    Very true

I would say The Rangers are far worse than the old

This lot don't even pretend to be in the tent pissing out

Its very sad that they had the chance to reinvent themselves and did so in at best an equally bad reincarnation of the old and at worst something far more sinister.

Oldco when its suits them for honours etc but quite happy to walk away from any baggage from Oldco whether legal or moral if they can.

They are in a very small minority but there must be decent Rangers supporters out there, I would like to imagine that they are very unhappy with Newco and its handling of various matters.

Maybe I am paying them credit they don't deserve

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by givescotlandfreedom View Post
    When approached by a victim of Gordon Neely's abuse Rangers have pointed him to old Rangers' liquidatiors claiming the company Rangers 2012 have nothing to do with these historic abuses. Quite disgusting how vocal they are about being the same club but run a mile when a victim comes to them for support http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotlan...source=twitter
    Low as it gets.

Quote Originally Posted by BSEJVT View Post
    Very true

Its very sad that they had the chance to reinvent themselves and did so in at best an equally bad reincarnation of the old and at worst something far more sinister.

Oldco when its suits them for honours etc but quite happy to walk away from any baggage from Oldco whether legal or moral if they can.

They are in a very small minority but there must be decent Rangers supporters out there, I would like to imagine that they are very unhappy with Newco and its handling of various matters.

As an aside, guess who wrote this little nugget in 2012?

Some Rangers fans believe the club's history, which would end with liquidation, must be protected but there is a shameful part of that history which they should want to forget and any newco should make it clear a new beginning means exactly that.

A new club open to all from the very beginning.

Quote Originally Posted by JeMeSouviens View Post

As an aside, guess who wrote this little nugget in 2012?
    Jim Traynor

Fixed your URL as not posted as a link mate...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotlan...source=twitter

@hibs.net private member FitbaFolkKen's Avatar
    Was going to start a thread but figured this fits here.... something not quite right in that lot!

http://www.eveningtimes.co.uk/news/1..._church_visit/

Quote Originally Posted by BSEJVT View Post
    Very true

Absolutely this. Nobody wants to use historic child abuse in football for point scoring, but in this case its perfectly valid. As you say, they want all the glory of the old club and get incredibly defensive when folk say they aren't the same club, even to the point of accusing folk of having an agenda against them and making veiled and not so veiled threats against anybody who dares to challenge their claim to the legacy of the oldco.

And yet the second they are asked to take responsibility for any of the negatives of the oldco they say it has nothing to do with them. The utter lack of moral fortitude and shameless denial of what even the thickest knuckle dragger must realise is a ridiculous paradox ( to quote them ) 'beggars belief'

That's the real tragedy of one of the biggest, if not the biggest. club in Scottish football being brought low like they were. The only positive from the whole situation was that the had the chance to reinvent themselves as something far better and even show a little humility along the way. Instead they have gotten even worse, if that were possible, and ramped up the 'whitabootery' bigotry' and paranoia.

Absolutely horrible club and the shame of Scottish football.

Treating a child abuse victim like a creditor is about as low as it gets.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by FitbaFolkKen View Post
    Was going to start a thread but figured this fits here.... something not quite right in that lot!

This Is the lowest of the low. O’Halloran is a football player

@hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar
    They really are vile.

Quote Originally Posted by Sammy7nil View Post
    Jim Traynor
    Correct!

Left by mutual consent!
    I hope the next time they spend themselves into oblivion it's for good, an absolute stain on Scotland.

I honestly think that response is an absolute disgrace. They are either the same club or they are not. They can't pick and choose the parts from the old club they like and dismiss the bits that don't suit them.

What a shocking way to treat an alleged victim of sexual abuse and proof if anyone actually needed it about how morally corrupt that club is from top to bottom.

Blog Entries
    That club and it’s former being truly are literally the **** of the earth. Sevco bask in the pluses of the former self but reject all the negatives associated with it. Surely it’s about time the SFA struck off the honours claimed by the new outfit. It’s also rich that their muppet support castigate their ugly sisters’ sexual dishonour but make no mention of their own.

I actually routed for them in the Cup winners cup as a 13 year old in 72 as you backed Scottish teams in Europe. I was then educated and despised them since and the new one.

@hibs.net private member snooky's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim44 View Post
    That club and it’s former being truly are literally the **** of the earth. Sevco bask in the pluses of the former self but reject all the negatives associated with it. Surely it’s about time the SFA struck off the honours claimed by the new outfit. It’s also rich that their muppet support castigate their ugly sisters’ sexual dishonour but make no mention of their own.
    How can they claim to be 'the people' when they don't even look after their own?
    And another thing, I thought they 'don't do walking away'?
    TBH, this is as bad PR as there's ever been from Ibrox.

Blog Entries
    The muppets on FF, discussing this issue, are laying the blame on Hibernian Football Club, for not naming and shaming this sexual predator for his behaviour at ER., before he was employed at Greyskull.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim44 View Post
    The muppets on FF, discussing this issue, are laying the blame on Hibernian Football Club, for not naming and shaming this sexual predator for his behaviour at ER., before he was employed at Greyskull.
    Why are they so worried since their club has said he was employed by a different club to the one they now support?

Posted this on the main Meltdown thread:

The problem with the whole debacle is that they've fought tooth and nail to keep the history.... But will only take the good bits.*
    Having this abuser on their books is as much part of their history as winning a trophy at some point in the 80s.

The argument is that the club is separate from the company but it's the same club it always has been etc....*

Well then, its the club that has responsibility. They shouldn't be afraid to meet victims, hear them out with courtesy and provide a measure of dignity. That is ultimately what is desired - whatever about a financial claim going in against the liquidators and the old co.

It is reprensible to try and pass this particular boy onto the liquidators of old co.....*
    And to deny a victim (who is a season ticket holder, and presumably been on their books for a period of time) an opportunity to meet and talk About what had happened to him (while in the care of the club) is the most abhorrent and genuinely disgusting part of this entire sorry saga.

Quote Originally Posted by Bostonhibby View Post
    Two cheeks, same bloated horrible erse

Scotlands shame though, Scotland doesn't want them and neither does their much loved England.

They took Seansea and Cardiff from Wales? Surely they have to take the weegie pair?

@hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Waxy View Post
    They took Seansea and Cardiff from Wales? Surely they have to take the weegie pair?
    But they just slightly dislike each other on footballing grounds?

Or on the basis that one or the other is from the wrong part of Wales or slightly less Welsh than the other.

Hardly compares to the original ugly sisters

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Billy Whizz View Post
    This Is the lowest of the low. O’Halloran is a football player
    Not sure giving the muppets air time in the paper is a good idea.

Quote Originally Posted by FitbaFolkKen View Post

Utter disgrace but entirely predictable.

It's ok though, it's just a minority.

When it comes to the titles and the glory it's all "we're the same club, we're still the most successful in the world etc etc" but any mention of the debt, the scandal etc and suddenly they have nothing to do with it, that was the old rangers and all that.

**** then. **** now. **** Forever.

Quote Originally Posted by Stranraer View Post
    A disgusting way to treat victims of abuse.
    Exactly. Brushing them off just like they did to their creditors.