hibs.net Messageboard

Thread: Slivka

Hybrid View

First Team Breakthrough

Slivka

Think it may have been posted previously but Slivka is going to be huge for us next season. Especially with the possibility of our midfield 3 moving on. A run of games for Slivka and I think he will prove many doubters wrong.

@hibs.net private member jeffers's Avatar
    I really like him as a player, looks like he could be the goal scoring midfielder we've been crying out for. But I'd like to see him get a run more centrally.

His Instagram story is good today as well

There's certainly an opportunity for him and on Sunday I got the feeling he could take it.

Quote Originally Posted by leither17 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    His Instagram story is good today as well
    Sunshine on Leith in rainy Lithuania 👍

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Was told when we signed him, that he was McGinn’s replacement in the team
    Not a like for like player, but an important player in the Hibs midfield

@hibs.net private member snooky's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Billy Whizz View Post
    Was told when we signed him, that he was McGinn’s replacement in the team
    Not a like for like player, but an important player in the Hibs midfield
    Almost impossible to get like for like on the park. Similar to similar is as good as it goes. The secret is to play players in positions that show up their strengths instead of their weaknesses.

His biggest problem is going to be that he isn't John McGinn.

The bar is currently pretty high in terms of what we expect of a Hibs midfielder. Slivka's been injured and when he's been selected he's done well enough - he just hasn't been quite good enough to dislodge McGinn, McGeouch or Allan.

He definitely deserves his opportunity to stake a claim though, and I think he could be a good player for us.

Elephant Stone
    Left by mutual consent!
    It's good that he brings height to the midfield without sacrificing skill or agility - he has tonnes of that for someone at 6 foot 3. He's already scored with his head against Celtic and had an assist with his head against Rangers, definitely brings something new to the team and I'm looking forward to seeing a whole lot more of him.

Good to see a lot of positivity on here about the big man because some of the stick he’s received can be quite unfair at times. He’s always impressed me when I’ve seen him and it’ll be exciting to see him again next season in hopefully a more central and important role. Had a wee look over at his insta story as well, fantastic!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The good thing i've noticed this season is that no matter who is missing from the midfield be it Allen or any other the team still seems to retain the passing movements regardless of who plays.

Left by mutual consent!
    I think we'd be looking good in the midfield if we could have Allan Mallan and Slivka in there with Swanson and Bartley providing the necessary options when required, not forgetting Boyle on the wing.

@hibs.net private member AgentDaleCooper's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by IGRIGI View Post
    I think we'd be looking good in the midfield if we could have Allan Mallan and Slivka in there with Swanson and Bartley providing the necessary options when required, not forgetting Boyle on the wing.
    And whittaker at DCM. His best position IMO

Quote Originally Posted by AgentDaleCooper View Post
    And whittaker at DCM. His best position IMO
    If we want to go forward then Whittaker is surely no more than a squad player.

Quote Originally Posted by keep the faith View Post
    If we want to go forward then Whittaker is surely no more than a squad player.
    I think Whittaker is good enough to play a big role against most teams in the league, but I wouldn't play him in midfield in the really frantic games against the likes of Hearts and Aberdeen.

Tbh I think his touch and composure could be very useful at home to bottom 6 teams.

I remain on the fence re Slivka and keep my fingers crossed that he becomes the player so many others think he is or can be.
    For me, based on his limited game time and fleeting performances, he is a good squad player and someone who can do an okay job as back up.
    To be fair to him (injuries aside) he has been up against McGinn, McGeouch and Allan...probably the strongest midfield on its day in Scottish football
    I watch his progress with interest and, like I say, I hope he fulfills the potential that so many appear to see in him.

Can whip in a great cross. He also makes runs into the box which McGinn doesn't really do often.

I really rate Slivka. Think he’ll be a huge player for us next season.

Had a good game on Sunday.

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CorrieHibs View Post
    I really rate Slivka. Think he’ll be a huge player for us next season.

Had a good game on Sunday.

He is a bit different to SJM but with regular game time in the middle of the park the think he could be just as effective.

Left by mutual consent!
    I have high hopes for Slivka.

@hibs.net private member AgentDaleCooper's Avatar
    He strikes me as a player in the mould of paul hartley when he was at hearts...without being an ********, that is

@hibs.net private member ian cruise's Avatar
    Slivka is class, next season we'll get to see the real player. Maybe not the same as McGinn but this time next year we'll be talking about him being just as influential.

@hibs.net private member KinchHibee's Avatar
    I actually reckon he is more likely to fill the hole left by Dylan next season. He's great with the ball at his feet and has the size and strength to hold onto the ball.

Might take away some of his attacking threat playing him so deep but i think he has the skills to do that role well.

@hibs.net private member NORTHERNHIBBY's Avatar
    Most likely that he was brought in as a replacement rather than a immediate first team pick. Guess that the close season will show who he is the replacement for.

@hibs.net private member Mibbes Aye's Avatar
    For me, he looks more comfortable playing a lot higher up the pitch than Dylan or SJM. I think he could run some teams ragged with his technique and eye for goal.

If we play a similar formation as to what we've done this season then he will have to drop back a bit more if Allan stays, because Allan is playing high or drifting left and if Slivka is high there will be a massive space behind them.
    There's only one thing better than a Hibs calendar and that's two Hibs calendars