My boy is 9 years old. Been going to Easter Road since he was 5.
Him and his pals will be able to say all of the following when they get older:
* When I started going to Easter Road, we won almost every week, every season
* I saw a goalkeeper score on his debut
* I saw Hibs win 7 in a row at Easter Road, including v Hearts, Aberdeen & Celtic.
* It would have been 8 in a row but we drew 5-5 with Rangers after being 3-0 up, then 5-3 down, and Lennon did his aeroplane when we got the injury time leveller
* We had a team full of Hibs fans who grew up a stone's throw from Easter Road
* Even the ones who came from further afield were gripped with the club, the city, the Sunshine on Leith
* We were at Hampden more often than we were at Tynecastle
* We beat Rangers by a scoreline of 3-2 in any stadium they put the fixture on
* We knocked out Hearts after a replay almost every year in the Scottish Cup 5th round
* And in 2016 we beat Raith, we beat Hearts, we beat the holders, we beat Dundee Utd with Cummings failed Panenka & the Polar bear's heroics.
* We scored a last minute winner that the whole of Scottish football cheered, after going a goal up in the first minute, to 2-1 down in the final, then 2-2 in 90+2...
* We won the Scottish Cup
What a team, what great managers, what a board, what a support, what a club.
Best time imaginable to be a Hibee