hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: At 3-0...

@hibs.net private member California-Hibs's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: BringTheCairds

At 3-0...

It was on, it was REALLY on! 😔.....

Let's deny them 2nd Hibs and finish 20 above Hearts!

2. Log in to remove the advert

Left by mutual consent!
    It was on

But the game management as pitiful. You have to look at our senior players.

@hibs.net private member greenlex's Avatar
    We needed 6. We had to continue to blow them away. They got organised and hit us back on the break. Nothing to do with game management IMO. Only criticism I have is playing 4 at the back and our CH pairing bombing forward. Stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by California-Hibs View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

For a minute or two, it definitely was

@hibs.net private member Speedy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by greenlex View Post
    We needed 6. We had to continue to blow them away. They got organised and hit us back on the break. Nothing to do with game management IMO. Only criticism I have is playing 4 at the back and our CH pairing bombing forward. Stupid.
    Hanlon has been at it all season.

The management need to have a serious word with him or themselves (if it's on instruction).

@hibs.net private member Hermit Crab's Avatar
    Stevenson, Hanlon and Ambrose all poor today and badly at fault for 4 of their goals. I'd replace at least two of them.

@hibs.net private member I'm_cabbaged's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hermit Crab View Post
    Stevenson, Hanlon and Ambrose all poor today and badly at fault for 4 of their goals. I'd replace at least two of them.
    Jesus wept

Quote Originally Posted by California-Hibs View Post

18 above the smaller hun version will do me for this season, well done Hibs and Neil Lennon.

@hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar
    Every post you write is designed to irritate people.

Give the trolling a rest.
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £2,389.68!

Quote Originally Posted by I'm_cabbaged View Post
    Jesus wept

Look, this forum is about expressing opinions. I'm not asking you to agree. All views posted on here are my own.

I didn’t think Hanlon was poor, desire to not get back when we are out of possession cost us. Mclaren has to track Tavernier for their first her nearest man had to do better.

More annoyed with performances from mcginn, Ambrose and Mcgeouch at times when we were up against it. Easy when we are coasting but too many slack passes and for me mcginn has been really poor last couple of games.

You never stop do you? Stevenson provided 2 assists ffs.

@hibs.net private member snooky's Avatar
    I disagree with the theory we should have backed off and defended better. We had them on the back foot and it was better to keep them there as long as possible. If we'd got a 4th at that point, who knows what would have happened. Fwiw, I thought Taverner had a good game and his goal was pivotal in turning the game for his side.
    What a pleasant change to see two teams open up and go for goals. Let's be grateful we don't have a Leveinesque manager.

Look, this forum is about expressing opinions. I'm not asking you to agree. All views posted on here are my own.
    And I just expressed mine 👍

@hibs.net private member overdrive's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by I'm_cabbaged View Post
    Jesus wept
    To be honest, what he said in the first sentence was right. The three of them were abysmal today and it certainly seemed to be the consensus with everyone around about me.

I don’t agree that we need to replace them though (unless one is sold).

I really did think it was on at 3-0 though.

@hibs.net private member snooky's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SMAXXA View Post
    I didn’t think Hanlon was poor, desire to not get back when we are out of possession cost us. Mclaren has to track Tavernier for their first her nearest man had to do better.

More annoyed with performances from mcginn, Ambrose and Mcgeouch at times when we were up against it. Easy when we are coasting but too many slack passes and for me mcginn has been really poor last couple of games.
    Mcgeouch was left covering two players a few times in the second half. I thought McGinn was very quiet, Dylan was very good and Scott Allan was magical till he got nailed.
    Oddly enough, Cumdog made a few bad choices in his play - almost Sparkyish - in that he didn't appear to really want to score. The best example of that was when he had an open goal but took an extra touch allowing Effe to cover the line.

Quote Originally Posted by overdrive View Post
    To be honest, what he said in the first sentence was right. The three of them were abysmal today and it certainly seemed to be the consensus with everyone around about me.

I don’t agree that we need to replace them though (unless one is sold).

I really did think it was on at 3-0 though.

Well said, theres some players that get and "easy ride" on here no matter how bad they play.

@hibs.net private member
    I'm a total pessimist so before the game never thought we had a chance. But...

I'll admit when our 3rd went in and I looked at the clock I thought we were going to do it.

If we can keep the same attacking intensity next season but shore up the defence then history beckons

Quote Originally Posted by snooky View Post
    Mcgeouch was left covering two players a few times in the second half. I thought McGinn was very quiet, Dylan was very good and Scott Allan was magical till he got nailed.
    Oddly enough, Cumdog made a few bad choices in his play - almost Sparkyish - in that he didn't appear to really want to score. The best example of that was when he had an open goal but took an extra touch allowing Effe to cover the line.

Yeah I understand your point but in possession when we were getting pegged back his quality was poor. Mcginn was nowhere near the player he is when he asserts his dominating on the game and was the same against Hearts. Love the 2 of them as players but fairly under par which naturally has an impact on the overall as 2 players you rely on massively.

Well said, theres some players that get and "easy ride" on here no matter how bad they play.
    We don’t want to get shot of two of them though!

Quote Originally Posted by SMAXXA View Post
    Yeah I understand your point but in possession when we were getting pegged back his quality was poor. Mcginn was nowhere near the player he is when he asserts his dominating on the game and was the same against Hearts. Love the 2 of them as players but fairly under par which naturally has an impact on the overall as 2 players you rely on massively.

As well as Aberdeen last Saturday. He can go missing for long periods in bigger matches.

@hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by neil7908 View Post
    I'm a total pessimist so before the game never thought we had a chance. But...

I'll admit when our 3rd went in and I looked at the clock I thought we were going to do it.

If we can keep the same attacking intensity next season but shore up the defence then history beckons
    That's not an easy thing to achieve.

We pushed Hanlon much further forward than usual today which helped us going forward, but the result was predictable at the back.

We can't keep doing that.
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £2,389.68!

Quote Originally Posted by lyonhibs View Post
    You never stop do you? Stevenson provided 2 assists ffs.

1assist for McClarens header, assisted hearts with 2 on Wednesday and was nowhere for the first 2 rangers goals today. I've said it before, he should have been replaced seasons ago. Just my opinion.

Got caught with too many forward for the corner at 3-0 and never really recovered until 5-3. Glad we gave it a go though and took a point in the end

@hibs.net private member One Day Soon's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: 4 PSN ID: 6 Wii Code: 5
    You really don't know much about football do you?

First Team Regular
    Sad to see supporters leaving with over 2omins to go

It's very sad how one poster on this site seems to spend half his life on here just looking for a reaction.

First Team Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Since90+2 View Post
    It's very sad how one poster on this site seems to spend half his life on here just looking for a reaction.
    And who is this poster ??

I don't know what the problem is. We were shocking at the back. I don't know how that can be argued as negative? It's a fact. That said I'd rather draw 5-5 and go for it than win 1-0 or 2-1. We had nothing to lose and played like it

@hibs.net private member
    Some of our best players never finished the season as well as they have played throughout but that much have been an energy sapping game to play in. Hanlon and Stevenson have hardly missed a game and I think the legs were getting weary this month. McGinn has received more kicks than any player in the league and Dylan is playing with a mask having played far more football than he usually does. The good news is today others stepped up to the plate and we were superb for 20 minutes. Some of the one touch play was at a level far higher than the league we played in and I for one came out the ground feeling like the players have given their all this year and my season ticket has rarely been such good value. For all I'm not Lennon's biggest fan he must have instilled the belief that we could still finish 2nd after the way we started the game and that is very good management, Pity he never got us to cool the jets at 3-0 but to be fair we could easily have scored a fourth before The Thes woke up. There are enough legends leaving without trying to be overly critical of others on a day that finished the season in such an enjoyable way.