hibs.net Messageboard

Neil Lennon = incredible job he has done & will continue to do at Easter Road

Current record as Hibs manager = P92 W47 (51.1%) D29 (31.5%) L16 (17.4%)

With today's thrilling 5-5 draw v Sevco to conclude the 2017/18 season following our promotion from the 2nd tier, we have recorded our highest top-flight points tally (67) of the modern era!

We've secured 1 point more than McLeish in 2000/01, 6 more than we did in Mogga's 1st season, 11 more than Mogga's 2nd season, 13 more than Yogi's 1st season, 16 more than Fenlon's 2012/13 season & an astonishing 32 more than our last top flight season under Butcher ( ) !

We've ended the campaign 18 points ahead of Levein's diet-hun mediocrities! #NaturalOrder

Assuming Celtic win a double-treble next Saturday, the Europa League qualifiers await us!

It's been statistically our club's best league season for 43 years when Eddie Turnbull's men finished second ahead of Jock Stein's Lisbon Lions, who were going for 10IAR!

0H.jpg0H9.jpg
    0H10.jpgOH11.jpg

Long may Lenny reign over Easter Road!

2. Log in to remove the advert

He's the kind you hate if he's against you but LOVE if he's on your team. The mans passion is unbelievable, he's exactly the type of manager hibs have been crying out for for years. He's far from a soft touch and does not accept below par performances. For too long hibs were far too nicey nicey and soft, it's about time we had a bit of attitude about us.

ONE NEIL LENNON

Left by mutual consent! Peevemor's Avatar

Add in the best run of home wins since 1925 is it

GGTTH

@hibs.net private member Hibernian Verse's Avatar
    Only club unbeaten at home in 2018.

First Team Regular
    I think the courage he showed to clear out the Stokes/ Murray combo in January was a stupendously courageous bit of management of which I’ve never seen the like.

Quote Originally Posted by SonOfDavidFrancey View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I think the courage he showed to clear out the Stokes/ Murray combo in January was a stupendously courageous bit of management of which I’ve never seen the like.
    Good point. I remember thinking at the time it was a massive gamble.
    Every gimmick hungry yob,
    Digging gold from rock and roll
    Grabs the mic to tell us,
    He'll die before he's sold.

@hibs.net private member lapsedhibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Peevemor View Post
    Didn't for me.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by marinello59 View Post
    Good point. I remember thinking at the time it was a massive gamble.
    There was no gamble with Stokes, he was a rotten apple at the time and he wasn't scoring goals or playing for the jersey. It was a gamble bringing him back which failed big time and to me it took far too long to deal with him and may have cost us a place in the next round of the cup. For every deserved bit of credit Lennon gets for getting rid surely there is an equal bit of debit for bringing him in and then not managing the situation until it got out of hand to the point he was forced to essentially sack a player.

Murray had lost form but that was a pretty brave decision and was a wee bit of a gamble. His signings did the business though, and hopefully will again next year. The biggest thing for me is he actually bought strikers that liked being in the box. Hardly any of his previous front men did and if we can't keep Flo or Jamie then please buy a couple of front men who get into the box at every opportunity.

That all being said you can't take away what we have achieved this year. Some great stats my favourite of which is our recent home form. Teams will start to feel more intimidated at Easter Road and next season at least 8 of our opponents will have lost their last game at ER and the others only drawn. Let's start making Hibs other teams bogey team(apart from teh Thes, we are theirs already)