hibs.net Messageboard

Thread: Privileged

Privileged

I know there will be some moaning about the defending, alleged tactical mistakes and so on. But I have to say I just feel totally privileged to be at that game today. Theres no way you would include that in a filmscript, it was that outlandish. 3-0 up inside half an hour, they score three more before halftime to make it 3-3 at the break, they go 5-3 up (thats five consecutive goals, mind), before we score one more to make it 5-4 and then equalise in the last minute. Reading it back like that, its beyond belief. And thats before we take into account that we were playing that particular club...

The sunshine, Lenny's aeroplane, the final game of the season, some good company and pre and post match drinking...Its going to be one of those games you tell the grandchildren about. Hibs 5 Rangers 5. And they'll accuse you of exaggerating

Thanks Neil and the players for a wonderfully ridiculous game of association football

2. Log in to remove the advert

I was thinking about this today. There can’t be many clubs where many living fans have seen a 4-4, a 5-5 and a 6-6. I wasn’t at the 6-6 but there will probably be hundreds that made all 3.

@hibs.net private member TrinityHibs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hibsbollah View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I know there will be some moaning about the defending, alleged tactical mistakes and so on. But I have to say I just feel totally privileged to be at that game today. Theres no way you would include that in a filmscript, it was that outlandish. 3-0 up inside half an hour, they score three more before halftime to make it 3-3 at the break, they go 5-3 up (thats five consecutive goals, mind), before we score one more to make it 5-4 and then equalise in the last minute. Reading it back like that, its beyond belief. And thats before we take into account that we were playing that particular club...

The sunshine, Lenny's aeroplane, the final game of the season, some good company and pre and post match drinking...Its going to be one of those games you tell the grandchildren about. Hibs 5 Rangers 5. And they'll accuse you of exaggerating

Thanks Neil and the players for a wonderfully ridiculous game of association football
    You missed Scotty Allan’s tackle. No idea how he stayed on😂😂

Quote Originally Posted by JeMeSouviens View Post
    I was thinking about this today. There can’t be many clubs where many living fans have seen a 4-4, a 5-5 and a 6-6. I wasn’t at the 6-6 but there will probably be hundreds that made all 3.
    Hibs 4 Dundee 4 2005
    Today
    Motherwell 6 Hibs 6 2010

I qualify.

Quote Originally Posted by TrinityHibs View Post
    You missed Scotty Allan’s tackle. No idea how he stayed on😂😂
    I had a perfect view. He played the ball, never a foul.

Quote Originally Posted by iwasthere1972 View Post
    Hibs 4 Dundee 4 2005
    Today
    Motherwell 6 Hibs 6 2010

I qualify.
    Forgot that one! I’ve seen 2 4-4s and a 5-5 then.

The 4-4 and the 6-6 (probably even should have finished 7-6 to Well) epitomised everything that was bad about Hibs at those times. Today's game on the other hand was a complete rollercoaster and an illustration of everything that's been good about this season.

I meant the 4-4 derby

It was mental.

At 3-0 I was screaming for us just to calm down for 10 minutes and keep it tight then have another go. In hindsight I don’t think 6 was ever happening.

What we got was unbelievable, there really aren’t the superlatives to describe it. It was great to watch 2 teams appearing to decide not to bother defending, get stuck in and just try to outscore the opposition. The kind of game you just don’t think happens anymore. 10 goals, a penalty, a red card, a shocker of a tackle, a bouncing atmosphere, a few great saves and a manager not giving 2 ****s in his celebrations.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

Agree with you guys today was incredible I just love being a hibby now away on holiday with my hibs regalia in tow to spread the word abroad so proud to do this been a long time feeling like this Lenny confirming he's staying and my s t already renewed a few weeks rest canny wait for our European adventure and the new season to start Ggtth

A game of three halves.

@hibs.net private member TrinityHibs's Avatar
    I had a perfect view. He played the ball, never a foul.

Fair point. Great day. Great season

Left by mutual consent! calumhibee1's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    It was mental.

At 3-0 I was screaming for us just to calm down for 10 minutes and keep it tight then have another go. In hindsight I don’t think 6 was ever happening.

What we got was unbelievable, there really aren’t the superlatives to describe it. It was great to watch 2 teams appearing to decide not to bother defending, get stuck in and just try to outscore the opposition. The kind of game you just don’t think happens anymore. 10 goals, a penalty, a red card, a shocker of a tackle, a bouncing atmosphere, a few great saves and a manager not giving 2 ****s in his celebrations.
    I was the opposite. I wanted another goal ASAP. But in hindsight we should have steadied the ship after the third, took a breather, kept things tight and maybe went at them for the last 5-10 mins of the first half for a fourth. Easy to say now though.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Flynn74
    The Rangers were going for 5-5 this season. Hibs obliged.

The first 25mins today was probably the best experience I've ever had at Easter Road. Unreal. Top hun goading in the south.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Well said