hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by madhatter View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I've just done a one off donation of £25 which in on top of my monthly sub. I agree with the point you make but Hibs clearly have an issue with wealthy fans not putting money in (or not enough!). Aberdeen have a lower average attendance than us so raising £500,000 in a month doesn't seem something they've achieved unless its coming via sizable sums from a few wealthy individuals. Same with Hearts, same with Hamilton, same with Ross County, and so on, so many clubs have lottery winners, business owners and the like donating large sums. We don't seem to have that, at least the way it seems. I don't mind us funding it via the "normal" people (obviously as I'm a member of HSL) but it seems we are struggling to get the numbers and it seems we don't have wealthy fans making donations either.

Can't help but feel that most fans won't come forward until Farmer and Petrie are gone (primarily Petrie). We've healed the broken bond between fans and the club but fans are still suspicious of how money is being spent within the club. The repayment to Farmer is a big issue as well - we can say the money is going to playing squad but we are also giving money to Farmer because of Petrie and his mismanagement years. Club are worse off annually due to this repayment so we are donating money to get us challenging from a weakened position...Hibs still seem to be distancing themselves from HSL (to a degree), I assume to try to avoid the Petrie/Farmer link so its clear more work needs to be done because the club should be driving the initiative in my eyes (not necessarily directly involved but be a partner in the project).

Anyway, hope more fans join up and get us moving forward!
    Mad hatter
    Thank you for your continued support of HSL and we can tell be your comments that you are right behind the cause.
    Your thoughts about our fellow supporters may or may not be correct, it's really hard to say.
    In relation to Aberdeen it's not known how their funding is made up but it would appear that over 3000 foot soldiers have stepped forward to support Derek. We have under 2000 so it would be great if we could drive this forward to at least 3000 in the very near future. As FOH have shown a large number of small donators can create a stable environment rather than large ad hoc donations from wealthy people.
    The Club have already given our message to over 30000 fans on their database but as always the best sales people are our existing members who can contact fellow supporters.
    Our ability to challenge right at the top next season is in our own hands, or at least let's give Neil a chance.
    HSL

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by OfficialHSL View Post
    Mad hatter
    Thank you for your continued support of HSL and we can tell be your comments that you are right behind the cause.
    Your thoughts about our fellow supporters may or may not be correct, it's really hard to say.
    In relation to Aberdeen it's not known how their funding is made up but it would appear that over 3000 foot soldiers have stepped forward to support Derek. We have under 2000 so it would be great if we could drive this forward to at least 3000 in the very near future. As FOH have shown a large number of small donators can create a stable environment rather than large ad hoc donations from wealthy people.
    The Club have already given our message to over 30000 fans on their database but as always the best sales people are our existing members who can contact fellow supporters.
    Our ability to challenge right at the top next season is in our own hands, or at least let's give Neil a chance.
    HSL
    Absolutely, I want Scottish football and more importantly Hibs to be inspired by German football - fan ownership and clubs being backed by the fans. As a club we need to start doing well in Europe and get better sponsorship deals and create a bigger profile. I think it was revealed that Scottish football gets less than the Austrian league for TV, that is a worrying prospect for all clubs in Scotland. I hope more fans start to sign up to HSL in order to facilitate a move towards consistent performances in the domestic trophies (3rd-5th at least every season, challenging for cups) and ability to stay in Europe Competition for a few months each time. Success on the pitch is the only sustainable way to grow the club.

TV and sponsorship donít seem to be keen on Scottish football, my fear is a lot of fans will use TV and the media to inform their opinion on things and many of these fans wonít use the web to inform their opinions. Think thatís why we have a high proportion of Scottish people slating football here and hyping up English football. Hope HSL and local football fans can rise above this and get behind Hibs. I speak positively about HSL but itís difficult to reach fans that are sceptical and donít use the internet, as Iím sure you know! Hopefully HSL are seeing an increase in momentum after a good season.

First Team Regular Capt Mainwaring's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by wallpaperman View Post
    Surely you've just answered your own question about a compelling reason to contribute?

We do need to try and match income generated by Hearts and Aberdeen fans, to plough into the playing side going forward. Is that not hugely important and on its own reason enough?

The new HSL website is great, easy to login, navigate and provide the information needed.
    It is a compelling reason - thatís why I do contribute but my point is that there needs to be a better rallying call from HSL because currently we donít have the mass participation that will make a material difference

@hibs.net private member BSEJVT's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Capt Mainwaring View Post
    It is a compelling reason - thatís why I do contribute but my point is that there needs to be a better rallying call from HSL because currently we donít have the mass participation that will make a material difference
    What would you suggest as that rallying call?

HSL are more vocal now than ever and there are a number of fans also banging the drum to try and support their activities

If there is a magic bullet out there that will transform uptake there are plenty of folk more than willing to fire it.

All ideas help and suggestions appreciated

Isn't the rallying call fairly clear? Hearts are being propped up by approx 1.5m (I think) in FOH contributions and Aberdeen by 500k. If we don't match that then we will fall behind. Some might see that as forcing people's hand a bit but it's the bare facts.

@hibs.net private member BSEJVT's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveF View Post
    Isn't the rallying call fairly clear? Hearts are being propped up by approx 1.5m (I think) in FOH contributions and Aberdeen by 500k. If we don't match that then we will fall behind. Some might see that as forcing people's hand a bit but it's the bare facts.
    You would think so, but for whatever reason itís not getting the traction we need

I am sick of folk telling me that thatís because we havenít had an admin event

Neither have Aberdeen but in a city suffering from the effects of a sharp fall in oil and gas production they have still managed to recruit more than 1000. Members more than us!

Whether we like it or not money talks and we need to generate more to compete with our peers
    Last edited by BSEJVT; 20-05-2018 at 02:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BSEJVT View Post
    You would think so, but for whatever reason itís not getting the traction we need

I am sick of folk telling me that thatís because we havenít had an admin event

Neither have Aberdeen but in a city suffering from the effects of a sharp fall in oil and gas production they have still managed to recruit more than 1000. Members more than us!

Whether we like it or not money talks and we need to generate more to compete with our peers
    You are absolutely correct.
    Over the coming weeks/months the Club Board will do what they have done for the last three years and they will support our Manager as much as the possibly can with the funds at their disposal.
    What we have to recognise is that our two closest rivals have a Fans scheme that is generating additional funds to supplement normal income.
    3400 Aberdeen fans have responded and have already raised £500,000 to put at Derek Mcinnes' disposal. HSL donators are trying to help Neil Lennon. We continue to make good progress and are attracting new Members every day however if we want to help Neil and share his ambition we too need to attract more supporters to the cause. The reality is that our "fan scheme" is the most attractive of them all. So please, even if you do not want to commit a regular amount visit www.hiberniansupporters.co.uk and you can make a one off single donation. If 10000 Season ticket holders paid just £25 we could add £250,000 to his budget.
    HSL

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    You are absolutely correct.
    Over the coming weeks/months the Club Board will do what they have done for the last three years and they will support our Manager as much as the possibly can with the funds at their disposal.
    What we have to recognise is that our two closest rivals have a Fans scheme that is generating additional funds to supplement normal income.
    3400 Aberdeen fans have responded and have already raised £500,000 to put at Derek Mcinnes' disposal. HSL donators are trying to help Neil Lennon. We continue to make good progress and are attracting new Members every day however if we want to help Neil and share his ambition we too need to attract more supporters to the cause. The reality is that our "fan scheme" is the most attractive of them all. So please, even if you do not want to commit a regular amount visit www.hiberniansupporters.co.uk and you can make a one off single donation. If 10000 Season ticket holders paid just £25 we could add £250,000 to his budget.
    HSL
    Any reason why you donít have the option to add £25 to your season ticket price, donate to HSL?

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Whizz View Post
    Any reason why you donít have the option to add £25 to your season ticket price, donate to HSL?
    Billy
    We did put this proposal to the Club but some technology issues prevented it this year. They are looking into it for next year.
    Of course supporters can achieve the same end goal here www.hiberniansupporters.co.uk

HSL

So how did Aberdeen get 3000 to sign up and in what space time? Any lessons or tips we can pick up from their efforts?

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Billy
    We did put this proposal to the Club but some technology issues prevented it this year. They are looking into it for next year.
    Of course supporters can achieve the same end goal here www.hiberniansupporters.co.uk

HSL
    Thanks for the response

Quote Originally Posted by DaveF View Post
    So how did Aberdeen get 3000 to sign up and in what space time? Any lessons or tips we can pick up from their efforts?
    Dave
    It would seem that it was launched on 1/4/18 and they attracted 3000 in the month of April. There are some observations to be made :
    1. One of their publicly declared motives was to respond to FOH and HSL
    2. They are offering a lot of "goodies" which of course do come at a cost.
    3. They are making it clear that these funds will be directed to the football manager.
    HSL

Dave
    It would seem that it was launched on 1/4/18 and they attracted 3000 in the month of April. There are some observations to be made :
    1. One of their publicly declared motives was to respond to FOH and HSL
    2. They are offering a lot of "goodies" which of course do come at a cost.
    3. They are making it clear that these funds will be directed to the football manager.
    HSL
    That's a great take up in just over a month and shows that the hard nosed approach of 'do it of be left behind' has worked in their situation.

Have HSL looked at the incentives avenue? By that I mean approaching companies in return for advertising space on your site, in mailshots etc...

Signed up for the monthly DD scheme,Planning to make an extra 1 off payment before the season starts

@hibs.net private member hibee_nation's Avatar
    Had a previous DD that stopped after i paid the £225.

Started a new £10 DD just now, onwards and upwards fellow Hibees.

45 AND RISING

Quote Originally Posted by bod View Post
    Signed up for the monthly DD scheme,Planning to make an extra 1 off payment before the season starts
    Quote Originally Posted by hibee_nation View Post
    Had a previous DD that stopped after i paid the £225.

Started a new £10 DD just now, onwards and upwards fellow Hibees.

Good work

It will literally take you all of two minutes to make a donation. https://t.co/3WuJCDt2gj

GGTTH
    Twitter - #ScotToRock - Cycling from Edinburgh Castle to the Rock of Gibraltar for Marie Curie - September 2017 - https://goo.gl/j3Z6MM