hibs.net Messageboard

Hibs fans today and this season

Absolutely brilliant. Got behind the team and the place was rocking the first 20 mins and at the end. Some special moments this season and some brilliant atmosphere created home and away and here's to more of the same next season

2. Log in to remove the advert

Completely agree.

I was thinking this today and it’s probably been brought up before but could we not house the singing section in half the south? I know it means for Celtic and Hears they’d be raging that their allocation would be cut but I reckon it would create a brilliant atmosphere.

Prediction League Supremo - 05/06 MB62's Avatar
    I thought section 43 were tremendous today too, as they have been most of the season.
    Two singing sections are creating a great atmosphere, very much helped when the West joins in too.

At 3-0 today the atmosphere was unbelievable. The best I think I’ve experienced in 40 years at Easter Road.

I also had a tear in my eye watching the display today, seeing those badges that have meant so much.

Well done to everyone today. I’m truly blessed supporting such a great club.

I don't attend as many games as I would like to but the atmosphere at ER has developed into something special. Quality, effort and application by the club (all involved) results in appreciation by the fans - seems simple but was lacking for years. Long may it continue 💚

Coaching Staff
    It's the best Hibs support I can remember in decades, but I have to stress, it's down to the whole supports positivity and overall outlook that we are heading in the right direction and there will be blips on the way. Positive support = positive results over the piece. Losing a goal is rarely met with derision, rather it's met with support and encouraging the players to get back on the horse. Players appreciate that level of support. Scottish Cup win, then Championship win, then 4th with a record points haul and 18 above our city rivals (2 more points than when they returned to the top flight )......with another chance of Europe if a result goes our way.........the support has been a crucial part of that success

The displays in particular have been awesome and I'm certain the players really respond to things like that when they run out the tunnel.

Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by we are hibs View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Absolutely brilliant. Got behind the team and the place was rocking the first 20 mins and at the end. Some special moments this season and some brilliant atmosphere created home and away and here's to more of the same next season
    That can't be right as loads had left early which has an adverse effect on team moral.

Quote Originally Posted by truehibernian View Post
    It's the best Hibs support I can remember in decades, but I have to stress, it's down to the whole supports positivity and overall outlook that we are heading in the right direction and there will be blips on the way. Positive support = positive results over the piece. Losing a goal is rarely met with derision, rather it's met with support and encouraging the players to get back on the horse. Players appreciate that level of support. Scottish Cup win, then Championship win, then 4th with a record points haul and 18 above our city rivals (2 more points than when they returned to the top flight )......with another chance of Europe if a result goes our way.........the support has been a crucial part of that success

The displays in particular have been awesome and I'm certain the players really respond to things like that when they run out the tunnel.
    The transformation, over the last 3/4 years has been amazing. In my 40 odd years as a supporter it has never been like this before- brilliant. Think it started before the Cup win, but that sealed it. So often the vibe was negative and full of recrimination in the past. Now I think we have one of the most optimistic, enthusiastic, witty supports in Scotland. Brilliant and improves the experience absolutely and is encouraging new fans big time.

I'm originally from Ayrshire. As a kid I only ever saw my team versus Ayr and Kilmarnock. In the eighties and nineties I saw a few games here and there but when I finally came out the military and settled East I get to games as and when I can afford.
    I miss the north east corner which has huge memories good and bad (Wayne Foster)
    I'd have to agree it's great having a support that really does get behind the team and gladly the real moaners are now fewer

@hibs.net private member weecounty hibby's Avatar
    Four sides of ER belting out songs! ER has the most atmosphere of any ground in Scotland at the moment. Great to be there today. We are on a fantastic up turn just now. Let's keep this going

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    When we went 3-0 up today, I genuinely thought it was the loudest I've ever heard Easter Road. The place was absolutely jumping.

The support have been incredible these last couple of years, we have the team we deserve and the team have the support they deserve.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

I actually loved it in the South today, first time I've sat there. I'd definitely go back there.

The renewed engagement with the fan base has been a huge success over the last 3 or so years. It was a stated aim of LD when she took over and it’s happened. There were signs it was starting to click anyway but the cup win tipped it for many, that will be Stubbs other lasting legacy. We then followed that up with promotion and then a brilliant 1st season back up, Neil Lennons passion is infectious and people are buying into that.

I remember sitting amongst crowds of 8000 at home and 300 away a few years back thinking it was pretty miserable being a Hibs fan. We were garbage on the park and there was little enjoyment beyond a bit black humour in the stands. The singing section guys deserve credit for grabbing things by the scruff off the neck and for the most part the fansbase has responded. It’s like night and day and I can’t wait for Hibs games now rather than having to drag myself out the pub at 2.55 (and on one occasion just not bothering to leave the pub at all).

With St sales already looking good for next year I’m looking forward to more days in front of a sold out ER watching a team worth watching.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

@hibs.net private member weecounty hibby's Avatar
    Totally amazing today, all four sides of ER jumping and the atmosphere was electric, let's keep it up for next season

Quote Originally Posted by matty_f View Post
    When we went 3-0 up today, I genuinely thought it was the loudest I've ever heard Easter Road. The place was absolutely jumping.

The support have been incredible these last couple of years, we have the team we deserve and the team have the support they deserve.
    Excellent point, Matty
    This is how it feels

The fans have been brilliant all season, what a place Easter Road is when its packed and the crowd is fully engaged, I would bet more than a few bob that a decibel counter would show a positive result for us if ER was put up against the so called most atmospheric ground in Scotland .... When that 3rd goal went in yesterday it was like a bomb going off.

Probably helped by the fact that like me there would have been a few folk in the crowd with money on that 6 - 0 scoreline and for a second we dared to dream

Already looking forward to more of the same, or better, next season.

Quote Originally Posted by matty_f View Post

I couldn't believe the sound when we scored the third and thought it would probably be heard at the top of Arthur's Seat. What it must have been like on the pitch can only be imagined.

Unrecognisable to a few years ago.The team back.The fans are back. The prides back. ER is rocking and its a fantastic thing to behold. I was lucky enough to get the game at my work on youtube. What an emotional few years we have had and this season has topped all my expectations and to culminate in an unbelievable final game of the season and a flyover from the LAF was amazing.The way the fans have got behind the team this year was brilliant. Were also looking at record ST,s.
    Hibees fans take a bow.

One final thing,the way the club is in the media should help with getting more sponsors and cash in. Maybe someone will see us as an investment?