hibs.net Messageboard

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Dylan Mcgeoch

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Aberdeen have offered to make Dylan McGeouch their highest-paid player - should he agree a move to Pittodrie. Blackburn and QPR are also interested in the 25-year-old out of contract Hibernian midfielder. (Daily Express, print edition)

Would be gutted to see Dylan go there. Praying he goes down south.
    This will be pish but in the remote chance that it's true, I would be fuming if we lost him to Aberdeen.

Rangers and Celtic we can do little about, due to how much of a financial advantage they both have over us.

We should never be losing our best players to Aberdeen.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by Sir David Gray View Post
    This will be pish but in the remote chance that it's true, I would be fuming if we lost him to Aberdeen.

Rangers and Celtic we can do little about, due to how much of a financial advantage they both have over us.

Agree, no matter how luxurious the annual supply of front-loading wellies.

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir David Gray View Post

It would be entirely up to the player though.

I was resigned to losing dylan. However should he leave us for Aberdeen I'd be pretty pissed of at Hibs and at him. Other bigger clubs then fair enough, but to walk away to a rival on a free is dickish.

I'm pretty sure he's going south though.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    Aberdeen have offered to make Dylan McGeouch their highest-paid player - should he agree a move to Pittodrie. Blackburn and QPR are also interested in the 25-year-old out of contract Hibernian midfielder. (Daily Express, print edition)

Would be gutted to see Dylan go there. Praying he goes down south.
    Be disappointed if he goes to Aberdeen but each club has it's own view on value. If Hibs genuinely played their best card and it wasn't enough to keep him, and the Dons are prepared to pay significantly more then good luck to him. He wouldn't be going for the medals !

First Team Regular
    If he goes to Aberdeen for finance only we should shut up shop

He can gtf if he signs for Aberdeen.

Quote Originally Posted by JimBHibees View Post
    It would be entirely up to the player though.
    I realise that but I can't imagine the difference between what Aberdeen and us offer to our top players is so big that we couldn't make an effort to match it.

I'm not getting too upset about it though as I can't see him going to Aberdeen.

What would they be offering him, 6k?

Quote Originally Posted by Earlydelivery View Post
    If he goes to Aberdeen for finance only we should shut up shop
    Aberdeen have been second 3 or 4 years in a row whilst we have been in the division below guess who has the bigger budget.

Testimonial Due Stokesy's on fire's Avatar
    Leaving Hibs for Aberdeen would be such a step down for him. Crap city with a really poor and boring support. I hope he goes to Blackburn. Aberdeen dont have the facilities required to help Dylan keep fit either. Aberdeen are taking a big risk by trying to make him their highest paid player..Thats if it is even true..

Left by mutual consent!
    I think Mr Lennon would not be impressed losing a player to Aberdeen.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sammy7nil View Post
    Aberdeen have been second 3 or 4 years in a row whilst we have been in the division below guess who has the bigger budget.
    Yes but we managed to sign Stokes and a fair few others who would not have been cheap just after promotion. We have just completed a season with far bigger crowds more TV games and bigger prize money at end.

Never knew this but the average wage of an English Champiknship club is £32 million. Average player wage is £16 grand.

No way Aberdeen or Hibs come to mention that can compete with that

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by LustForLeith View Post
    Never knew this but the average wage of an English Champiknship club is £32 million. Average player wage is £16 grand.

Correct but we need to compete with Aberdeen 100%. I'm not sure NL would accept anything less.

@hibs.net private member green day's Avatar
    Daily Express seems to have snagged a few.

If Dylan stays in Scotland, why would it not be to Celtic or Sevco? You would assume that his agent would have spoken to both if Scotland was his preferred option. Both could pay significantly more than the Sheep.

So, perhaps for football reasons? Again, nah - why would he choose the Sheep over one of the ugly sisters?

And - regardless of what they might say - both of those teams would sign DM in a heartbeat (even if it was just cover for Celtic)

So, in summary - I think this story is pish and hes off down south.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Trips View Post
    I think Mr Lennon would not be impressed losing a player to Aberdeen.
    His outburst after Swynecastle shows that he really isn’t impressed.

@hibs.net private member h185forever's Avatar
    I think we’d all be disappointed to see Dylan go north but if the rumours about his relationship with Neil are true, then Neil can only blame himself.

Ive still not given up on Dylan staying but agree it looks very likely.

I for one will wish him well wherever he goes, it’s his life, career and decision, no one else’s.

Its a short career and I feel we’ve been privileged to have him at ER, even if it was for a shortish time.

Cup winner ........

Quote Originally Posted by LustForLeith View Post

This is no place for facts and reasonable debate.

You should be getting pissed off at the club over something that hasn't happened and is unlikely to happen.
    Possibly keeping a little powder dry so that if it does happen then, despite not knowing the details of why it happened, you can blame the club completely.

Quote Originally Posted by Hiberniankb View Post
    He can gtf if he signs for Aberdeen.
    Exactly!

I just cannot underestand how we could not have got dylan to sign a two year deal last year with the understanding that we would not stand in his way ala cummings. More money for him I guess being a free agent but would it have been that much.
    Last edited by andybev1; 19-05-2018 at 10:37 AM.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Stokesy's on fire View Post
    Leaving Hibs for Aberdeen would be such a step down for him. Crap city with a really poor and boring support. I hope he goes to Blackburn. Aberdeen dont have the facilities required to help Dylan keep fit either. Aberdeen are taking a big risk by trying to make him their highest paid player..Thats if it is even true..
    They're a decent club but it would be a sideways step at best for him and as you say the footballing atmosphere at ER blows Pittidrie away. I'd be very surprised if this is the extent of his ambitions.

Testimonial Due Stokesy's on fire's Avatar
    Have Hibernian totally stopped trying to retain Dylan?

Quote Originally Posted by andybev1 View Post
    I just cannot underestand how we could not have got dylan to sign a two year deal last year with the understanding that we would not stand in his way ala cummings. More money for him I guess being a free agent but would it have been that much.
    The speculation from others on here that, given his injury record, he's keen to secure himself a good deal while he's both fit and in good form seems like a good shout to me.

Good as he's been I doubt anyone - Hibs fans, Hibs or McGeouch himself - would be hugely shocked to find him out injured at which point the club not standing in his way isn't much help to him.

As far as him leaving goes I think he's marginally the least hard to replace out of him, McGinn and Allan.

Certainly don't mean easy to replace but I think having a player that is a little poorer in DM's role hurts us less than an equivalently poorer player in either McGinn or Allan's role.

@hibs.net private member superfurryhibby's Avatar
    It would be disappointing if Dylan moved to Aberdeen, albeit the financial reality is that they have a much higher turnover and by implication, higher player budget than ours. This is borne out by us competing and losing out on signings to them in recent seasons.

Regardless, as highlighted already, his past injury issues would make it a huge gamble to push the boat out for him.

Quote Originally Posted by The Leith Dutch View Post
    This is no place for facts and reasonable debate.

You should be getting pissed off at the club over something that hasn't happened and is unlikely to happen.
    Possibly keeping a little powder dry so that if it does happen then, despite not knowing the details of why it happened, you can blame the club completely.
    Exactly!

Correct but we need to compete with Aberdeen 100%. I'm not sure NL would accept anything less.
    I wouldn’t accept anything less than competiimg with Aberdeen . Hope he goes down south and proves himself if he’s not going to stay at Hibs

@hibs.net private member snooky's Avatar
    I like Dylan a lot as a player however, given his injury record it wouldn't surprise me if his career is cut short as a result. I sincerely hope I'm totally wrong however, and wish him all the best for the future.

In every competition there is a winner and a loser.If you mean we should always pay our players more than Aberdeen can you think of a quicker way to go bust?

Quote Originally Posted by ancient hibee View Post
    In every competition there is a winner and a loser.If you mean we should always pay our players more than Aberdeen can you think of a quicker way to go bust?

Its this kind of loser mentality that's held us back for years. We aren't saying go bust or massively overspend to keep him but we should be able to at least match aberdeen. Losing our best player to them would be a signal from the club that there ambitions are to be happy top 6 and staying below Aberdeen and rangers.