Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Dylan Mcgeoch

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by BSEJVT View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Good Luck Dylan

IMO the most consistent Hibs player on the books in his time with us

Will be a very hard act to follow
    Totally agree. He is class and has shown that once injury free. Love his vision and composure and makes it look effortless

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by jeffers View Post
    I know this is a thread to praise his time at Hibs, fair enough, but absolutely no way was he different class today. Alongside SJM, he was very poor today. It is a shame that both may be away after today on the back of those performances.
    Really? I thought he was pretty good today - I agree SJM had a shocker though.

@hibs.net private member Newcastlehibby's Avatar
    Amazing we were all sitting together then, what a strange coincidence. And we agree regarding McGinn so maybe we were at the same game after all.
    I didn’t think he was poor but I did think he was often slow to decide who he should pass to which affected our forward momentum.

@hibs.net private member jeffers's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Paisley Hibby View Post
    Really? I thought he was pretty good today - I agree SJM had a shocker though.
    Yes I genuinely thought neither of them were at the races today. I was surprised both lasted the full match and Scott Allan was subbed (although I’m not sure if that was due today injury as he did need his wrist strapped up in the first half.)
    Last edited by jeffers; 13-05-2018 at 08:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Newcastlehibby View Post
    I didn’t think he was poor but I did think he was often slow to decide who he should pass to which affected our forward momentum.
    Do you mean SJM or McGeouch ?

@hibs.net private member Heisenberg's Avatar
    Really sad to be seeing him leave. Nice to see he’s got an affection for the club and he leaves a club legend.

Noticed a few Aberdeen fans on social media getting excited about him going there. Hope that’s not true.

One of my favourite ever Hibs players. It’s been a real pleasure watching him over the last few seasons. He will be missed at Easter Road but will always be one of our cup winning legends. Best of luck for the future and thanks for the memories Dylan.

Amazing season and a real bonus given we had little expectation at the beginning. Played his last game like a real pro too, would have been easy for him (given his injury history) to go easy.

All the best.

Might see him back one day

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JJP View Post
    One of my favourite ever Hibs players. It’s been a real pleasure watching him over the last few seasons. He will be missed at Easter Road but will always be one of our cup winning legends. Best of luck for the future and thanks for the memories Dylan.

So great to see him play so often this season.

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: EdinburghHibee86
    Cheers for the memories Dylan!!!

I’m sure we will all support you in your career so long as it’s no up here in Scotland... because your better than the dons or the rangers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member JohnM1875's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: johnmac1875
    Dylan was by a mile player of the season this year. And he only got better as the season went on. Class act of a player that we'll struggle to replace. If the Blackburn chat is right I honestly hope he goes and tears the championship apart!! He is and always will be a Hibs legend. Thank you!

@hibs.net private member Newcastlehibby's Avatar
    Do you mean SJM or McGeouch ?
    Mcgeouch. Didn’t think sjm had his best game either, though his work and strength on the ball for McLaren’s second goal was top class.

@hibs.net private member BroxburnHibee's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: CoolHibeesdaft PSN ID: Hibeesdaft
    Sorry to see him go but wish him all the best.

Just a bit suspicious as to why he hadn't signed a pre-contact with anyone.

Could it be his destination might upset us? Aberdeen or even Sevco?
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, vodka in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming, "WOO HOO what a ride!"

I remember when he signed there was a lot of moaning and disappointment. It was the window we had tried to get LG back on loan and when news started to filter we had a Celtic player on loan everyone got excited. There was more than a few people moaning it was an anti climax and I suppose at the time it was.

Didn't take long for him to win people round though. The number of games he missed has been exaggerated a bit but with almost a full season this year we have really seen the best of him. A fantastic footballer who understands the value of keeping it simple, retaining the ball and keeping a cool head.

He goes with my best wishes but looking at him yesterday if nothing is signed elsewhere I really wonder if one last go at him isn't worth a shot.

@hibs.net private member snooky's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BroxburnHibee View Post

If he's so upset at leaving Hibs (as he appears to be) he must have a big money move up his sleeve. Apart from Celtc, there's nobody will pay monster dosh up here. He must be heading south or abroad. Surprised it hasn't been leaked though.
    I can't see him jumping into the unemployment abyss without having some favourable deal secured.

@hibs.net private member LancsHibs's Avatar

In a way I would be more upset if it was Aberdeen, As size of club, budget etc I see them as a main rivals, and a club we SHOULD NOT ever be losing our best players to unless Hibs wanted them to leave in order to replace

@hibs.net private member LancsHibs's Avatar
    Dylan has had a fantastic season and I wish him all the best but I’m not going to give up hope of him staying until he officially signs for somebody🙏

Wouldn't rule out mcgeouch going abroad to be honest. The game in europe might actually suit him.

A classy football player, who will be missed. But look forward to supporting him wherever he ends up. My best mate is a Blackburn fan, so will definitely get down to a game if he moves there. Leaves a cup legend, always welcome back.

We've donated his Sponsored shirt to Edinburgh Sick Kids. The boy is top class and will be huge loss for the team. He makes everything tick. Really gutted that he has decided to go elsewhere.

@hibs.net private member greenlex's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    I remember when he signed there was a lot of moaning and disappointment. It was the window we had tried to get LG back on loan and when news started to filter we had a Celtic player on loan everyone got excited. There was more than a few people moaning it was an anti climax and I suppose at the time it was.

Didn't take long for him to win people round though. The number of games he missed has been exaggerated a bit but with almost a full season this year we have really seen the best of him. A fantastic footballer who understands the value of keeping it simple, retaining the ball and keeping a cool head.

He goes with my best wishes but looking at him yesterday if nothing is signed elsewhere I really wonder if one last go at him isn't worth a shot.
    Interestingly when Henderson came on loan we were actually offered McGregor. Said naw we want Hendo.

Bit emotional saying goodbye to him yesterday actually.

Thank you for everything Dylan, for being part of the team that gave me the greatest day of my life and of course who helped get this great club back where it belongs in the PL.

Legend

Same game quite a few folk sitting beside me were at. Your post just confirms what I've often thought when it comes to rating his performance, such is the adulation he gets even when he is poor some fans won't admit it because they think he is such a great footballer.
    All right Jeff. As you know I wasnt there yesterday as started a long tour on Sunday but this thread has made me laugh. Its almost an exact example of the years we have sat together while Dylan has been here. Had some good chats about him. I love the guy and wish him every success. Hope you are well mate and see you in the west in August

Left by mutual consent!
    Great player good luck to him but good luck to NL on finding a replacement. I am confident we will.

Quote Originally Posted by jodjam View Post
    All right Jeff. As you know I wasnt there yesterday as started a long tour on Sunday but this thread has made me laugh. Its almost an exact example of the years we have sat together while Dylan has been here. Had some good chats about him. I love the guy and wish him every success. Hope you are well mate and see you in the west in August
    Thanks Paul. I usually end up thinking about you when posting about him. I figured you were on a tour yesterday, you missed a cracker !

Definitely see you next season. Cheers mate.

Quote Originally Posted by LancsHibs View Post
    In a way I would be more upset if it was Aberdeen, As size of club, budget etc I see them as a main rivals, and a club we SHOULD NOT ever be losing our best players to unless Hibs wanted them to leave in order to replace
    Didn’t Aberdeen get £150K for McLean.That would go a good way towards a signing on fee for McGeouch.

If he can keep himself fit, he's got a really promising career ahead both for club and country.

Keeping injury-free is the key though. He's not been as bad this season but before it must have been really frustrating for him not getting a long run of games together.

All the best Dylan

@hibs.net private member Spike Mandela's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    My favourite memory of Dylan was those agonising couple of minutes after David Gray scored in the cup final,with Rangers on the attack he made a brilliant tackle just outside our 18 yard box stopping their attack in it’s tracks.

If this article is correct then the clubs mentioned will be able to offer higher wages than anybody in Scotland outside Celtic:

https://www.westlondonsport.com/qpr/...eouch-interest

@hibs.net private member erin go bragh's Avatar

Ive heard he’s off to Blackburn. Great player but the wages in the championship is 10 to 20 times what we’re paying.
    SCOTTISH CUP WINNERS 2016
    GGTTH