hibs.net Messageboard

Page 8 of 497 FirstFirst ... 6789101858108 ... LastLast
    @hibs.net private member Heisenberg's Avatar
    Both Dundee clubs interested in signing Simon Murray. Can’t say i’d be desperate to keep him.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Both Dundee clubs interested in signing Simon Murray. Can’t say i’d be desperate to keep him.
    If they come in with a decent fee for him, I wouldn't be too bothered. If not, think he'd make a decent backup for next year.

@hibs.net private member Callum_62's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Wii Code: 0083-4364-6418-4974
    Rangers have signed 1, Hearts have signed 3

PETRIE!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member
    I would be interested in keeping him would make a decent sub with his pace for Maclaren ( if we sign him ) and I feel he would do well with Kembari running the line with him.

We know he’s capable of goals and I wouldn’t imagine he’ll be on much which would allow us to spend where it will be needed to bolster the squad.

GGTTH

'S' Form
    Quote Originally Posted by southsider View Post
    Only the huns would change the name of a guy named Kevin to 'Ted'.
    In all fairness,i played in same school team (-13’s) as him and also worked at same sawmill as him b4 he signed for the currant buns & he was called Ted then.

@hibs.net private member Callum_62's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Wii Code: 0083-4364-6418-4974
    If celtic win cup, is our first leg of Europa qualifying 28th June?

First Team Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Callum_62 View Post
    If celtic win cup, is our first leg of Europa qualifying 28th June?

12th of July

@hibs.net private member
    I don't want to be harsh on Simon as he gave his all for us and scored some important goals. That being said, I think we've seen the difference between Kamberi and McLaren vs Murray and Stokes.

No issues with Murray being part of the squad and better players around him may well help his game but I'd be disappointed to start the season with him as our main striker.

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Anyone at Dundee we could trade him with, don’t think there’s anyone at United worth having though?

@hibs.net private member Heisenberg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by neil7908 View Post
    I don't want to be harsh on Simon as he gave his all for us and scored some important goals. That being said, I think we've seen the difference between Kamberi and McLaren vs Murray and Stokes.

No issues with Murray being part of the squad and better players around him may well help his game but I'd be disappointed to start the season with him as our main striker.
    Yeah I’d definitely agree. Don’t think he’s good enough to be starting every week for us and I’d imagine he’ll want to play games regularly. His signing was a bit of a gamble and as you say he gave us some big goals, but the goals soon dried up and he ended up losing his place to Shaw. Don’t see us keeping him.

Simon Murray was a wee punt by Lennon, he'll not be on much money but he's still very raw and maybe hasn't improved enough for where we need to be, we have 2 back up players in Shaw and Lewis Allan, one very good and the other seems to have improved enough to get a new deal.

Left by mutual consent! calumhibee1's Avatar

Agree. We’ve been shown with Flo and Maclaren what we’re capable of getting. Murray is nowhere near the level we need and should be 4th choice at best.

Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by J-C View Post
    Simon Murray was a wee punt by Lennon, he'll not be on much money but he's still very raw and maybe hasn't improved enough for where we need to be, we have 2 back up players in Shaw and Lewis Allan, one very good and the other seems to have improved enough to get a new deal.
    How much is he on ?? do you wish to share or are you making an assumption on his wages.

@hibs.net private member One Day Soon's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: 4 PSN ID: 6 Wii Code: 5
    Quote Originally Posted by Famous Fiver View Post
    I was in Gregg's this morning.

The laddie from the building site next door was in. Huge transaction, Bacon baguettes (all with brown sauce), Rolls with sausage ( more brown sauce),
    Six lattes and wait for it, a cappucino! Apple turnovers, Irn Bru, Cokes, and various other goodies.

Took ages and loads of discussions and I think, in all honesty, the assistant just guessed a price.

No football transactions or gossip though.

The laddie definitely didn't look like a footballer, but looked as if he had enjoyed a bacon butty with the best of them.

Have to get on a 26 bus if I really want to find out what's going on.

The building site laddie sounds like he could do a job for us. A backup for Kitman Tam possibly or, on hungrier days, perhaps in the Barry Lavety role?

@hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by One Day Soon View Post
    The building site laddie sounds like he could do a job for us. A backup for Kitman Tam possibly or, on hungrier days, perhaps in the Barry Lavety role?
    I'd forgotten what .net could be like in he closed season.

Now, my fish-man has chapped the door, so I'm away to see what he's got to say about Ivan Sproule coming back.

Blog Entries

I agree but we haven't seen Kamberi & Murray. Much though I'll always love Stokesie for that day he was a waste of a jersey this season. He played well in some games but disappeared totally in too many others. Meanwhile Murray was effectively playing up front on his own, this meant he had to be a target man, run in behind & was also expected to get on the end of crosses into the box. Jamie has had the benefit of playing beside the outstanding Kamberi who does all the hard graft & allows Jamie to be the effective goal poacher he is. Simon's still a work in progress, he's undoubtedly very raw but he has great pace & energy. I'd certainly be happy with him as a squad player, no tiring defence would look forward to him coming on in the latter stages of a game.

Not convinced about Murray missed a few good chances with us and from what I have seen on tv highlights albeit mostly he has been missing quite a few good chances ..just.dont think he is the answer to rely on going forward and progressing !!

Quote Originally Posted by JimboHibs View Post
    How much is he on ?? do you wish to share or are you making an assumption on his wages.

Like almost everyone on this site no one knows exactly what players wages are but coming from where he was he'll definitely not be a huge earner in the squad.
    We accepted an offer from Turkey for him in January but he declined and we were happy to let him go on loan as part of the Allan deal, so I'd assume we'd be willing to listen to offers for him.

@hibs.net private member Johnny_Leith's Avatar
    I'd rather Oli Shaw be given a chance over a returning Simon Murray. I like Simon, but Oli has potential to be something special and we need to nurture our younger players. I'd still expect a couple forwards to be signed.

@hibs.net private member
    We have had plenty worse than Simon M. Let's see what we get in terms of potential replacements before getting rid of a striker who did a decent job for us.

Quote Originally Posted by wookie70 View Post
    We have had plenty worse than Simon M. Let's see what we get in terms of potential replacements before getting rid of a striker who did a decent job for us.
    Murray started well for us but before he left he wasn't getting the game time he needed.

He'll have played more at Dundee, so may have improved a bit.

I wouldn't be against him coming back and fighting for a place.

We've had much, much worse than him in the past.

Professional thread starter Diclonius's Avatar
    We would have killed for a player like Simon Murray in 13-14.

No matter what we think of Murray it’s clear Lennon does not see him as the answer.
    It was clear the whole window in January that we were keen to move him on. I doubt there is a way back for him now and I think he will be away this summer.

Left by mutual consent!
    Don't see Murray staying but I'd like to see him stay on as I think he'd link up well with Kamberi if required

@hibs.net private member SouthMoroccoStu's Avatar
    I can certainly remember a good few times that Simon was incorrectly flagged offside by the incompetent officials in this country - these incorrect decisions will have had an inpact on his stats and peoples perception of his skills and ability

I think we've be too light on the striker front in the last few months - if Flo or Jamie had got an injury we would have been in trouble

I would love to see Murray, McLaren, Kamberi and Shaw all here next year - maybe even another into the mix

Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by J-C View Post
    Like almost everyone on this site no one knows exactly what players wages are but coming from where he was he'll definitely not be a huge earner in the squad.
    We accepted an offer from Turkey for him in January but he declined and we were happy to let him go on loan as part of the Allan deal, so I'd assume we'd be willing to listen to offers for him.
    He didn't decline,Lennon said the club had received an offer which they turned down,Simon said he was happy to fight for his place.
    Back to his wages again your assuming he's on a low wage when really you've no idea !

@hibs.net private member scoopyboy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by IGRIGI View Post
    Don't see Murray staying but I'd like to see him stay on as I think he'd link up well with Kamberi if required
    I think Murray will be here until we have signed strikers, only then I think will we let him go.

Quote Originally Posted by scoopyboy View Post
    I think Murray will be here until we have signed strikers, only then I think will we let him go.
    Gutted as I loved the song

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dashing Bob S View Post
    Gutted as I loved the song

Flo Kamberi scans quite well.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Ozyhibby View Post
    No matter what we think of Murray it’s clear Lennon does not see him as the answer.
    It was clear the whole window in January that we were keen to move him on. I doubt there is a way back for him now and I think he will be away this summer.

Lennon changes his mind quite a lot, last week being the extreme example. Marvin was a permanent fixture then never started after March. Danny had no future, now I believe he's back in favour. Lewis Allan was being released, got another year. I agree if we get a decent offer Simon will be gone but I'm not sure either of the Dundee clubs will fit that bill.