hibs.net Messageboard

Page 65 of 497 FirstFirst ... 1555636465666775115165 ... LastLast
Results 1,921 to 1,950 of 14907
    Quote Originally Posted by IWasThere2016 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    £2m + Allan, with Johnston on loan for a season for SJM to Cellic is my guess..
    I'll drive him through if that was the deal.

2. Log in to remove the advert

I think a lot of people are forgetting that McGinn has little interest in going to Celtic, he sees his career down south with a bigger challenge down there, Celtic is an easy option for someone like John but having spoken to him a few times, he wants to challenge himself against top opposition down south.

Think we have to be careful we don't miss out on signing Scott Allen. Stubbs likes him and may well fancy signing him for St Mirren

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Quote Originally Posted by J-C View Post
    I think a lot of people are forgetting that McGinn has little interest in going to Celtic, he sees his career down south with a bigger challenge down there, Celtic is an easy option for someone like John but having spoken to him a few times, he wants to challenge himself against top opposition down south.
    I think it's one thing saying that and another thing when the offer is a reality. He can test himself in the Champions League with Celtc as well - surely that would be a bigger draw than the Championship?
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

He said the opposite to me at the sponsors evening.

Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by Franck Stanton View Post
    Think we have to be careful we don't miss out on signing Scott Allen. Stubbs likes him and may well fancy signing him for St Mirren
    Haha!!

Did they not have a fallen out at Rotherham?

Well as long as it is Scott Allen and not Scott Allan I'm ok with that

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scott_Allen_(footballer)

@hibs.net private member Heisenberg's Avatar
    Don’t see that happening.

We’re apparently interested in Ryan Williamson again. RB at Dunfermline. The Sun saying that the pars are looking for 100k for him.

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/spo...an-williamson/
    Last edited by Heisenberg; 08-06-2018 at 12:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by underscore View Post
    He said the opposite to me at the sponsors evening.

Obviously he doesn't know his own mind then and is still unsure what he wants and where he wants to go to, if it be Celtic we must ensure it's for the right money and not get shafted by them, especially if clubs down south start bidding.

@hibs.net private member weecounty hibby's Avatar
    What if celtic are not really that fussed about signing John? They may have a slight interest but maybe don't see him as a priority. I really hope if he leaves it's to a decent English club

@hibs.net private member
    Just cause SJM says he doesn’t want to sign for Celtic doesn’t necessarily make it true. Rumours I’ve heard is that from his family he’s desperate to sign for them. Family is supposed to support Celtic and rumour I was told he had a great uncle or great grandad someone like that who used to be on the Celtic board. Celtic are in the family blood by all accounts.

Will he go there? I don’t know, but person who told me this seems to think his family are desperate for him to sign and several memebers of the family are season ticket holders at Parkhead. Again not sure if true or not just passing on what I was informed.

GGTTH

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post

We’re apparently interested in Ryan Williamson again. RB at Dunfermline. The Sun saying that the pars are looking for 100k for him.

Can't say I've seen him play but couple Pars fans I know really rate him. Anyone know if he can play RCB in a 3 or are we looking to play 4 at the back next season?

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by southern hibby View Post
    Just cause SJM says he doesn’t want to sign for Celtic doesn’t necessarily make it true. Rumours I’ve heard is that from his family he’s desperate to sign for them. Family is supposed to support Celtic and rumour I was told he had a great uncle or great grandad someone like that who used to be on the Celtic board. Celtic are in the family blood by all accounts.

Will he go there? I don’t know, but person who told me this seems to think his family are desperate for him to sign and several memebers of the family are season ticket holders at Parkhead. Again not sure if true or not just passing on what I was informed.

GGTTH
    His Grandfather is Jack McGinn, a former SFA President and Ex-Celtic Chairman
    What a moment this is!
    It's Liam Henderson to deliver......

Daily Record has us interested in Dunfermline right back Ryan Anderson and quotes £100,000!!
    This also surfaced last January.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tynie01011973 View Post
    Maybe there’s some truth in it then

GGTTH

Elephant Stone
    Left by mutual consent!
    Even getting into Celtic's central midfield would be immensely difficult, never mind keeping a place there.

GGTTH

Quote Originally Posted by Tynie01011973 View Post
    These are not rumours but facts, John's family are all well known Celtic fans and it's been stated his grandfather was their chairman, I can only go on what the man said to me personally, if he's changed his tune since then, well fair enough, he's entitled to rethink his career.

Professional thread starter Diclonius's Avatar
    NEIL LENNON is plotting a summer swoop for Dunfermline defender Ryan Williamson.

The 22-year-old caught the eye of the Hibs boss with his performances for the Championship side last season.

And the Easter Road club are now trying to put together a package that will tempt the Fifers to do business.

Dunfermline want at least £100,000 compensation for the right back, who has a year left of his contract to run.

That figure has already scared off Dundee United, who have already raided their rivals for Fraser Aird and Nicky Clark.

Quote Originally Posted by Elephant Stone View Post
    Even getting into Celtic's central midfield would be immensely difficult, never mind keeping a place there.
    I think SJM will (rightly) back himself wherever he goes so I can't imagine he would make a decision based on one club having a particularly good midfield. If he's going to make it at the top level he's going to have to dislodge good players regardless anyway.

In terms of England, players go from Celtic to a good level down South all the time. It's a great place to get Champions League exposure and a bigger move would come his way if he earns it.

I'm not desperate for him to go to Celtic BTW, I just think imagining SJM is going to automatically dismiss a move west and go to the English Championship instead is probably wishful thinking.

Elephant Stone
    Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by patlowe View Post
    I think SJM will (rightly) back himself wherever he goes so I can't imagine he would make a decision based on one club having a particularly good midfield. If he's going to make it at the top level he's going to have to dislodge good players regardless anyway.

In terms of England, good players go from Celtic to a good level down South all the time. It's a great place to get Champions League exposure and a bigger move would come his way if he earns it.

I'm not desperate for him to go to Celtic BTW, I just think imagining SJM is going to automatically dismiss a move west and go to the English Championship instead is probably wishful thinking.
    I don't think for a second that would happen, I'm just saying I don't think going to Celtic to compete for a place with Brown, Armstrong, Ntcham, Rogic and McGregor could be described as taking the easy option.

@hibs.net private member CapitalGreen's Avatar
    Obviously he doesn't know his own mind then and is still unsure what he wants and where he wants to go to, if it be Celtic we must ensure it's for the right money and not get shafted by them, especially if clubs down south start bidding.
    TBF if I was under contract at Hibs and some random fan came up to me asking if I was going to sign for Celtic, I'd probably tell them no even if that wasn't the truth.

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post

I posted about us going for RW a few weeks ago and he would be a terrific signing. Loads of potential, marauding full back who would compliment the wide men like Boyle excellently. He also has a very good assist record when it comes to goals and creating chances for strikers. Think this one will happen

Quote Originally Posted by CapitalGreen View Post
    TBF if I was under contract at Hibs and some random fan came up to me asking if I was going to sign for Celtic, I'd probably tell them no even if that wasn't the truth.

Only if the conversation had gone that way, it was a good 30 minute convo with a coffee, it was general football talk and moving on was just part of it, he said he fancied the EPL and playing against top players down there, this was at the start of the season so he may have changed his mind by now. I mentioned Celtic as it was his club as a boy but he emphasised he wanted to go south, a season is a long time in football and as I've said he may have had 2nd thoughts on that.
    Last edited by J-C; 08-06-2018 at 01:08 PM.

Only if the conversation had gone that way, it was a good 30 minute convo with a coffee, it was general football talk and moving on was just part of it, he said he fancied the EPL and playing against top players down there, this was at the start of the season so he may have changed his mind by now. I mentioned Celtic as it was his club as a boy but he emphasised he wanted to go south, a season is a long time in football and as I've said he may have had 2nd thoughts on that.
    McGinn frequently says he wants to play against the best players.They aren’t up here.

@hibs.net private member
    These are not rumours but facts, John's family are all well known Celtic fans and it's been stated his grandfather was their chairman, I can only go on what the man said to me personally, if he's changed his tune since then, well fair enough, he's entitled to rethink his career.
    Fair play mate, I believe you was only passsing on what I was told.

GGTTH

Left by mutual consent!

GGTTH
    If it's from his family. Surely it's a fact and not a rumour?

Quote Originally Posted by Elephant Stone View Post
    I don't think for a second that would happen, I'm just saying I don't think going to Celtic to compete for a place with Brown, Armstrong, Ntcham, Rogic and McGregor could be described as taking the easy option.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by DexterStJock View Post
    If it's from his family. Surely it's a fact and not a rumour?
    No the person I heard it from said it was from his family. Said this is what his family are saying

GGTTh

Left by mutual consent!
    No the person I heard it from said it was from his family. Said this is what his family are saying

GGTTh
    So what you're saying is he's either telling the truth or lying?

Either way.. It's either a fact or nonsense.