hibs.net Messageboard

Page 64 of 497 FirstFirst ... 1454626364656674114164 ... LastLast
Results 1,891 to 1,920 of 14907
    @hibs.net private member Heisenberg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Greenworld View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It's Friday surley one announcement to let us enjoy the weekend

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk
    Think the majority will still be on holiday. Probably won’t hear anything till next week.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member weecounty hibby's Avatar
    Anyone else getting gloating Jambos boasting about signings? I just had the pet office Jambo asking me if I wanted him to go round at the weekend and see if he could rustle us up some players. He scuttled back under his rock when I told him that free transfer bench warmers from relegated Partick Thistle was nothing to boast about. I also asked him what happened the last time they signed 10 players at once, mumbled some pish about Cathro and walked away.

Quote Originally Posted by IWasThere2016 View Post
    Or Cellic sign SJM for nothing in January..
    Or Celtic miss out in him to an English team this window.

Quote Originally Posted by weecounty hibby View Post
    Anyone else getting gloating Jambos boasting about signings? I just had the pet office Jambo asking me if I wanted him to go round at the weekend and see if he could rustle us up some players. He scuttled back under his rock when I told him that free transfer bench warmers from relegated Partick Thistle was nothing to boast about. I also asked him what happened the last time they signed 10 players at once, mumbled some pish about Cathro and walked away.
    It is good to have strength in depth and they've got depth...

@hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by weecounty hibby View Post
    Sounds like he knows the transfer market and how to play it.

Maybe he's the guy that's been rustling up the random freebies they've picked up from the hundreds that are out there?

Does he look like John Colquhoun and have a large van with bench seats in it for delivery of bulk orders of players?

Simple fans, no wonder Romanov got away with it.

Our family yam is "underwhelmed" by current signings and concerned doctor football is still there.

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby

@hibs.net private member Callum_62's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Wii Code: 0083-4364-6418-4974
    Cant say hearts arnt getting there business done early tho

None of the folk they signed seem particularly inspiring but you never know

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Callum_62 View Post

The yams signing look brutal and if it was us I’d be very worried. They will be a bottom 6 side next season and deep down everyone at Hearts knows it. It’s all about finishing the stand.

Quote Originally Posted by Callum_62 View Post

You tend to be able to do early business when you are signing players nobody else wants.

Set your sights a bit higher like we have and it takes a bit of patience.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by flash View Post
    You tend to be able to do early business when you are signing players nobody else wants.

@hibs.net private member SouthMoroccoStu's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by flash View Post

Boom! Comment of the day!

Quote Originally Posted by 007 View Post
    Levein hoping to sign a couple of them as cover for Aaron Hughes and Steven MacLean, to play on the plastic pitches.
    Can't see any of the Stones preferring plastic to grass.

@hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Greenworld View Post
    It's Friday surley one announcement to let us enjoy the weekend

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk
    Awww.

Will you pine awfully if we don't sign anyone?

Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £2,389.68!

Quote Originally Posted by Hibbyradge View Post
    Awww.

Will you pine awfully if we don't sign anyone?

I'm going to spend the whole weekend in the loft if we don't. Just rocking back and forward looking at pictures of all these early signings our rivals have made.

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby

@hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bostonhibby View Post
    I'm going to spend the whole weekend in the loft if we don't. Just rocking back and forward looking at pictures of all these early signings our rivals have made.

I think some folk have been doing that since there was talk of Leigh Griffiths signing for us again a few years ago.
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £2,389.68!

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by IWasThere2016 View Post
    £2m + Allan, with Johnston on loan for a season for SJM to Cellic is my guess..
    Tell them to bolt for that kimd of offer. Much rather try and get £3-£4 million down south and then do a deal for Allan.

Allan is in the same boat as Ciftci where he is not wanted at celtic and they would rather have him off the wage bill. We need to make as much cash as possible.

If Allan was indemand at celtic I can understand a high valuation of him, but this is celtic just trying to get SJM on the cheap and expecting a scottish club to bite their hand off for a couple of million.

We are not desperate for the cash thanks to our well run club so we should brave and hold out for a better deal and then go to celtic and do a deal for allan even if we have to pay £500k.

Quote Originally Posted by Hibbyradge View Post
    I think some folk have been doing that since there was talk of Leigh Griffiths signing for us again a few years ago.
    Ah, what might have been, and all for £150k.

I'm just away to put the Stones on. 19th Nervous Breakdown should get my day checking the transfer news thread going.

Sir Matt Busby

Theres lights on at easter road and a guy wearing a long trench coat and shorts standing outside.....can only mean an announcement will be made at 2pm

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CRAZYHIBBY View Post
    Theres lights on at easter road and a guy wearing a long trench coat and shorts standing outside.....can only mean an announcement will be made at 2pm
    Lights on, on a sunny day?
    Think your at it😄

Go go gadget signings?

@hibs.net private member SouthMoroccoStu's Avatar
    Or the flasher is back

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Quote Originally Posted by SouthMoroccoStu View Post
    Or the flasher is back
    Nope, I'm working today.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Speedway View Post
    Daniel Craig is in Edinburgh today.
    As is Mick Jagger.

Quote Originally Posted by matty_f View Post
    Nope, I'm working today.

Not the time for drinking tea

@hibs.net private member Johnny_Leith's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibs4185 View Post
    Tell them to bolt for that kimd of offer. Much rather try and get £3-£4 million down south and then do a deal for Allan.

Allan is in the same boat as Ciftci where he is not wanted at celtic and they would rather have him off the wage bill. We need to make as much cash as possible.

If Allan was indemand at celtic I can understand a high valuation of him, but this is celtic just trying to get SJM on the cheap and expecting a scottish club to bite their hand off for a couple of million.

We are not desperate for the cash thanks to our well run club so we should brave and hold out for a better deal and then go to celtic and do a deal for allan even if we have to pay £500k.
    If it's common knowledge hibs sell sjm down south for north of say,£3m, why wouldn't Celtic just demand a high fee for Allan?

They know we want him. They know we've just had a cash windfall. As far as they are concerned, he's costing them very little in wages so can sit in the stand all year round.

I don't think hibs are in a position to accept a large transfer, give a third of it to the buddies, and then potentially be bent over a barrel for Scott. I think Celtic would be difficult to deal with if he's not incorporated into a sjm deal.

Celtic hold all the cards when it comes to SA and it's no surprise they're using him as a makeweight in any potential McGinn deal, common sense to do so. Rumours that the deals already done, but I'd rather see him test himself down south.

@hibs.net private member snooky's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibeewilly View Post
    The Rolling Stones are staying in The Balmoral tonight
    Does the Queen know?

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny_Leith View Post
    If it's common knowledge hibs sell sjm down south for north of say,£3m, why wouldn't Celtic just demand a high fee for Allan?

They know we want him. They know we've just had a cash windfall. As far as they are concerned, he's costing them very little in wages so can sit in the stand all year round.

I don't think hibs are in a position to accept a large transfer, give a third of it to the buddies, and then potentially be bent over a barrel for Scott. I think Celtic would be difficult to deal with if he's not incorporated into a sjm deal.

Celtic hold all the cards when it comes to SA and it's no surprise they're using him as a makeweight in any potential McGinn deal, common sense to do so. Rumours that the deals already done, but I'd rather see him test himself down south.

I still think they bought Allan just to piss off Sevco, Allan just hasn't worked out for them and won't be on huge wages, Rodgers mentioned in an interview that he was a good lad and sometimes certain players seem to fit at certain clubs. They have an abundance of midfielders so Allan will be excess to their needs, they'll want him off their books and will also know that we can still give them a good challenge without Allan in our team.

Quote Originally Posted by J-C View Post
    I still think they bought Allan just to piss off Sevco, Allan just hasn't worked out for them and won't be on huge wages, Rodgers mentioned in an interview that he was a good lad and sometimes certain players seem to fit at certain clubs. They have an abundance of midfielders so Allan will be excess to their needs, they'll want him off their books and will also know that we can still give them a good challenge without Allan in our team.
    I agree in parts that they brought in Allan to annoy the Rangers. They were probably hoping he'd have more of a playing impact at Celtic than be actually did. Id be pleasantly surprised if they are easy to deal on Scott if they don't get McGinn. Hopefully we'll see Allan lining up for us in the Europa league soon, but I wouldn't be surprised if it's a long drawn out affair.

First Team Breakthrough Audio Visual's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by J-C View Post
    Also, with Allan in our team we may continue to regularly take points off The Rangers thus weakening the so-called challenge from the other side of Glasgow. It doesn't necessarily suit Celtic to keep everyone else in the league weak...

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny_Leith View Post

I think celtic would hold all the cards if SA had even a small glimpse of a future there. I understand celtic may be a nightmare to deal with if we don’t play ball but I think £2 million and SA is selling ourselves short.

They signed brown from us for £4.4 million and that has turned out to be the best bit of business they have ever done. SJM is in a similar position at the moment.

Celtic sign players for a few million, give them a few games in the SPL and champions league and the English clubs suddenly realise they have pedigree and figures of £10-20 million are banded around. Now I am not saying SJM is worth those sort of figures-not in the slightest, but SJM is at a similar level to Scott brown when he was here-Scotland caps etc, and I just think £2 million plus a player celtic don’t rate isn’t a great deal for hibs.

If it was £3 million, SA and a loan player I think that would be a good deal. Or £4 million down south, offer celtic £500k-which I’m sure they would accept and we are still better off. Celtic would not turn down an offer for SA given they have made their feelings known regarding his situation. Either way we are still better off financially.

I suppose whatever if we end up at, i trust LD, RP and Lennon to have brokered the best deal for us.

Quote Originally Posted by Hibs4185 View Post
    I think celtic would hold all the cards if SA had even a small glimpse of a future there. I understand celtic may be a nightmare to deal with if we don’t play ball but I think £2 million and SA is selling ourselves short.

They signed brown from us for £4.4 million and that has turned out to be the best bit of business they have ever done. SJM is in a similar position at the moment.

Celtic sign players for a few million, give them a few games in the SPL and champions league and the English clubs suddenly realise they have pedigree and figures of £10-20 million are banded around. Now I am not saying SJM is worth those sort of figures-not in the slightest, but SJM is at a similar level to Scott brown when he was here-Scotland caps etc, and I just think £2 million plus a player celtic don’t rate isn’t a great deal for hibs.

If it was £3 million, SA and a loan player I think that would be a good deal. Or £4 million down south, offer celtic £500k-which I’m sure they would accept and we are still better off. Celtic would not turn down an offer for SA given they have made their feelings known regarding his situation. Either way we are still better off financially.

I suppose whatever if we end up at, i trust LD, RP and Lennon to have brokered the best deal for us.
    Totally agree with your last sentence👍 the clubs is in good hands.

I don't think McGinn/brown transfers can be compared as they're over 10 years apart and, correct me if I'm wrong, brown had a lot more time to run on his hibs deal? I think £3m and Scott Allan would be a good deal, I'd prefer a larger fee and sell on clause down south but we will see what comes to pass.