hibs.net Messageboard

Page 425 of 497 FirstFirst ... 325375415423424425426427435475 ... LastLast
Results 12,721 to 12,750 of 14907
    From the pre-season games I took in two players stood out for me. David Gray and Danny Swanson. Shame Danny can’t get any game time, do think he deserves more of a chance but pretty clear NL has made up his mind

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by Lago View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Correct
    If he wasn't a Hibee he wouldn't get the leeway he does...he had enough opportunities early doors last season and then was given time off for personal reasons and thanked the manager by misbehaving in Portugal...he wrote his own misfortune I'm afraid

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Borderhibbie76 View Post
    If he wasn't a Hibee he wouldn't get the leeway he does...he had enough opportunities early doors last season and then was given time off for personal reasons and thanked the manager by misbehaving in Portugal...he wrote his own misfortune I'm afraid

He blew it in Portugal and Lennon tried to shift him on in January, he had one excellent season at St Johnstone and Hibs fan or not he just hasn't been good enough. We all want to see one of our own doing well but maybe better to move on and free up a wage.

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by Borderhibbie76 View Post

Correct again

First Team Breakthrough
    Fwiw imo is that danny hasn't helped himself with what happened but he has never had a run in the team and has had a lot of personal stuff to deal with which must have been extremely difficult for him. I hope he gets a chance as hes a great player who has an eye for that final pass which we seem to be slightly missing

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by gogsy23 View Post
    Fwiw imo is that danny hasn't helped himself with what happened but he has never had a run in the team and has had a lot of personal stuff to deal with which must have been extremely difficult for him. I hope he gets a chance as hes a great player who has an eye for that final pass which we seem to be slightly missing
    Do we?

Just scored 3 goals yesterday.

Quote Originally Posted by DexterStJock View Post
    Do we?

Just scored 3 goals yesterday.
    None from strikers though.

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by SaulGoodman View Post
    Early days & last season frustrated by the lack of goals from midfield.

And?? Why does that matter who scored them??

He's had enough chances to impress be honest. Obviously isn't cutting the mustard in training or he'd be in the team especially with Dylan and SJM away. Wasn't too pleased when we signed him and i've seen nothing to change my opinion.

Danny isnt a striker either.

First Team Breakthrough
    I feel danny s he gives us a bit of bite and offers a bit of a different option than mallan. I do think without bartley we are a bit small and soft in the middle.

I feel danny s he gives us a bit of bite and offers a bit of a different option than mallan. I do think without bartley we are a bit small and soft in the middle.
    Danny is tiny , probably the smallest player in the entire squad. I wouldn't say adding bite is something he is known for.

Quote Originally Posted by Lago View Post
    Early days & last season frustrated by the lack of goals from midfield.
    Quote Originally Posted by Albanian Hibs View Post
    And?? Why does that matter who scored them??
    Quote Originally Posted by underscore View Post
    Danny isnt a striker either.
    I was referring to the point that we need someone with the ability to play that final ball to set up the strikers. I wasn't moaning about our midfield scoring goals. 🙄🙄🙄

@hibs.net private member I'm_cabbaged's Avatar
    Which is why we signed Milligan?

@hibs.net private member ian cruise's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Fraz1875 View Post
    From the pre-season games I took in two players stood out for me. David Gray and Danny Swanson. Shame Danny can’t get any game time, do think he deserves more of a chance but pretty clear NL has made up his mind
    Genuine question, where would he fit in the current midfield, I'm just not sure who drops out? I'd have said Swanson, Slivka, Mallan but now we have Milligan you're looking at Mallan, Slivka, Milligan if it's a three. I know some don't rate Slivka but he's a totally different player to Danny, so swapping them out creates a bit of an imbalance. Most like for like is Mallan but I wouldn't be dropping him.

Hard part of Danny's situation is that he's come to Hibs when we've consistently had good midfielders in the same position as him. It's a bit like Fonts, in years gone by he'd have been one of the first names on the team sheet but no way was he displacing Ambrose, McGregor or Hanlon.

Left by mutual consent!
    Shaw has 2 goals in 2 league games. Boyle has 1 goal in 2 games playing up front in the league..

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by I'm_cabbaged View Post
    Which is why we signed Milligan?
    Not seen him yet. Will see soon i guess

Blog Entries
    It's amazing just how many people on this board know just what Danny S got up to at Penina in Portugal. Does that count as being ITK? Given that Martin Boyle was also part of The Alvor 3 & he starts every week, I find it hard to believe that this is a factor in NL's non selection of Danny. With Neil's chequered career, off & on the pitch I would imagine he is also likely to be more sympathetic to a one-off example of misbehaviour. IMO, he just doesn't rate Danny. I'm not necessarily in agreement with that view but NL is the manager & he'll be judged on those decisions.

Quote Originally Posted by brog View Post
    It's amazing just how many people on this board know just what Danny S got up to at Penina in Portugal. Does that count as being ITK? Given that Martin Boyle was also part of The Alvor 3 & he starts every week, I find it hard to believe that this is a factor in NL's non selection of Danny. With Neil's chequered career, off & on the pitch I would imagine he is also likely to be more sympathetic to a one-off example of misbehaviour. IMO, he just doesn't rate Danny. I'm not necessarily in agreement with that view but NL is the manager & he'll be judged on those decisions.
    With Portugal and the drink driving incident, Boyle is probably only behind Stokes in terms of the off-field headaches he's given Lennon during his time as Hibs manager - yet he's probably the player who has improved the most, has responded best to Lennon's coaching and who has been been publicly praised most often by his manager.

It's a football thing between Lennon and Swanson. It's funny, because it was Lennon who signed him. I'd have thought he'd have wanted to have given one of his own signings more of an opportunity.

He clearly just doesn't rate him.

Boyle has consistently achieved for us on the pitch...Danny hasn't. I think that's the main reason why Lennon bares no grudge towards Boyle...he might not bare any grudge towards Danny S - but if I was Lennon and had given my employee extra time off due personal difficulties....as he had the 1st half of last season - id be mightily pi#### off if said employee repaid my generosity by misbehaving on a winter training camp.

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar

If he doesn’t rate DS, why did he sign him? It’s a strange one.

@hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar
    I wonder if St Johnstone fans are moaning about us taking their best players and letting them rot on the bench.
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £2,389.68!

@hibs.net private member Winston Ingram's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by jacomo View Post
    He did rate him but he was involved in the incident that saw Stokes emptied apparently. He’s hardly had a look in since.

Quote Originally Posted by Winston Ingram View Post
    He did rate him but he was involved in the incident that saw Stokes emptied apparently. He’s hardly had a look in since.
    Lennon isn't petty like that. If that was the reason he would have been emptied along with Stokes. Lennon will have drawn a line under it and Swanson won't be playing for footballing reasons.

@hibs.net private member Allant1981's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HibsNutter View Post
    Lennon isn't petty like that. If that was the reason he would have been emptied along with Stokes. Lennon will have drawn a line under it and Swanson won't be playing for footballing reasons.
    have to agree, boyle would have been gone also, swanson is obviously not doing it in training and probably best for him if he left this window, unless he is happy at sitting on the bench each week getting a half decent wage

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Quote Originally Posted by HibsNutter View Post

If Danny was standing out in training and making a case for a start, he'd be in the team.

Football managers will generally play their best players, the tenure of a manager generally isn't that long, so most won't cut off their nose to spite their face.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by jacomo View Post
    There are countless footballers signed by managers who then subsequently think they've made a mistake. You could also ask why NL signed Simon Murray.

For as long as I've been involved in football I have seen many a poor trainer who turns it on on the Saturday and vice versa. Some players look great at training then can't tie their laces on match day.

I am sure NL will have seen the same and Danny, when he gets a chance, as he surely will, has got to take it.

Thumbs Up

spot on