hibs.net Messageboard

Page 422 of 497 FirstFirst ... 322372412420421422423424432472 ... LastLast
Results 12,631 to 12,660 of 14907
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibby70 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    SA will be a Hibs player by next Saturday.
    ITK or just your opinion ?

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Hibby70's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Hibby70
    Quote Originally Posted by Franck Stanton View Post
    ITK or just your opinion ?
    Someone at club. Won't be for lack of trying if we don't get him.

@hibs.net private member
    So it’s went from he will be a Hibs player next Sunday to we’re trying really really hard to get him 🤔

@hibs.net private member Hibby70's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Hibby70
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyser Sauzee View Post
    So it’s went from he will be a Hibs player next Sunday to we’re trying really really hard to get him 🤔
    Actively trying to get him and confident of doing so by the Aberdeen game. That's what I've been told.

@hibs.net private member Hermit Crab's Avatar
    Actively trying to get him and confident of doing so by the Aberdeen game. That's what I've been told.

If wonder if its the same person at the club that told the other poster that Steve Sidwell is signing?

First Team Breakthrough alan1875's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Aldo The Bear
    Quote Originally Posted by makaveli1875 View Post
    Some 33 year olds have plenty in the tank ,Modric would run rings round most 23 year olds

Some players are done by 33 like Whittaker .

The rest of our midfield are pretty young so maybe not a bad idea having a more experienced head in there
    Like Cristiano Ronaldo... just the 100m at the ripe old age of 33.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Nick T Muir

Summer transfer thread

Quote Originally Posted by hibbiemacfie View Post
    I wish I was 33! 33 Is not old!
    It can be when you’re trying to keep up with 21 year olds running rings round you.

Not saying no that’ll be the case with ol Sparky boy but it sure is for some 33 year olds!
    Last edited by Baw187; 18-08-2018 at 07:57 PM.

@hibs.net private member Greenworld's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hfc rd View Post
    Throw in Mulumbu as well.

Wouldn’t mind us having a look at that Lawrence Shankland from Ayr Utd. Scored 2 today. That’s him now got 11 goals in 8 games. Continues this sort of form, he’s going to have 30 goals before December which is absolutely brilliant!
    I'm with you on the Lawrence Shankland bit would be a great addition

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Greenworld View Post
    I'm with you on the Lawrence Shankland bit would be a great addition

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk
    Interest in him will be high. But at least it'll only be Scottish clubs that can look to bring him in. Don't think he'd be good enough for either of the two smellies, aberdeen let him go so I'm guessing he wouldn't be going back there in a hurry, so I'd say we're in the mix. Maybe hearts will be looking at him in case Lavatory leaves

@hibs.net private member
    I would be keen to get Shankland but not sure we can afford to spend £250k on a squad player. I guess the question is, is he better thank Kamberi, McLaren or even Shaw/Boyle? I'm not sure enough to want the club throw down what would be a big transfer fee.

I want to see us spend more money but would prefer that to be players that are proven at this or an equivalent level.

Quote Originally Posted by neil7908 View Post
    I would be keen to get Shankland but not sure we can afford to spend £250k on a squad player. I guess the question is, is he better thank Kamberi, McLaren or even Shaw/Boyle? I'm not sure enough to want the club throw down what would be a big transfer fee.

I want to see us spend more money but would prefer that to be players that are proven at this or an equivalent level.
    Pretty sure a deal could be done for less. He only has a year left on his deal. Give Ayr a sell on clause and I’m sure they will talk.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Ozyhibby View Post
    Pretty sure a deal could be done for less. He only has a year left on his deal. Give Ayr a sell on clause and I’m sure they will talk.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I see this as a potentially good financial model for Hibs to follow.

Look to sign good young prospects in the Scottish game who are near the end of their contract. Offer their current club a small fee now with a decent sell on clause. Develop the player and look to sell on to a club down South with a further sell on clause.

We have to be a selling club and maximise return but if we are seen as fair and beneficial to the original Scottish club then more likely to do business.

Quote Originally Posted by neil7908 View Post

Interesting that this is probably not a million miles off what Villa fans would have said about McGinn ;)

@hibs.net private member superfurryhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by The Leith Dutch View Post
    Interesting that this is probably not a million miles off what Villa fans would have said about McGinn ;)
    Maybe they would have but McGinn has shown he can play at international level and that is definitely a step above the championship so they would have been misguided?

Hibs don’t need another striker, so I very much doubt Shankland will be coming. The jigsaw will be complete once we sign Allan.

Quote Originally Posted by superfurryhibby View Post
    Maybe they would have but McGinn has shown he can play at international level and that is definitely a step above the championship so they would have been misguided?

Hibs don’t need another striker, so I very much doubt Shankland will be coming. The jigsaw will be complete once we sign Allan.
    I suspect you're right.

Wasn't meaning to suggest we signed Shankland btw - more interested in the comparison particularly around money received and the perceived valuation based on club and league.

@hibs.net private member
    Shankland has certainly done well recently...yet I recall on here the demands to sign the guy Bahktaoui...who flopped at Dundee .

I’m sure a Hibs will have watched him and have a well rounded view - if we sign him then great - if not, won’t be a big deal..Shaw has as much potential in my view

@hibs.net private member

I think we do need another striker. One who can hold the ball is good in the air and can also hit the back of the net. Im still not convinced about McLaren but hope Im wrong and time will tell
    Last edited by Hibeewilly; 19-08-2018 at 08:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by bigwheel View Post
    Shankland has certainly done well recently...yet I recall on here the demands to sign the guy Bahktaoui...who flopped at Dundee .

I’m sure a Hibs will have watched him and have a well rounded view - if we sign him then great - if not, won’t be a big deal..Shaw has as much potential in my view
    Exactly. Theres loads of good players out there and we'll have had him watched but if the manager doesn't think he'll fit our system or style then so be it. He knows better than us fans.

So we have signed 8 players now.

6 of them are full internationalists

Horgan
    Maclaren
    Hyndman
    Milligan
    Agyepong
    Bogdan

Plus

Kamberi (much sought after and tried and tested) and U21 internationalist
    Mallen (very talented and sought after) -and U21 internationalist

Give us Scott Allan Hibs please and we should be in good shape.

Quote Originally Posted by Hibeewilly View Post
    I think we do need another striker. One who can hold the ball is good in the air and can also hot the back of the net. Im still not convinced about McLaren but hope Im wrong and time will tell
    It's the balance between giving shaw ( our current top League scorer) more game time ,versus having another option up front, that then might restrict Ollies game time .Can't see us wanting him to go on Loan
    Mclaren needs game time to get match fit We saw what he could do last season and the Aberdeen game away showed he will miss chances but The Rangers game showed what he can do with good service and for me the jury is out on whether we still need Scott Allan in that midfield to help create and also score
    But the next two games at home will give us a better idea how new players in midfield and out wide fit in

Quote Originally Posted by Hibeewilly View Post
    I think we do need another striker. One who can hold the ball is good in the air and can also hot the back of the net. Im still not convinced about McLaren but hope Im wrong and time will tell

Another striker would give us 4, where in this team are we playing Mallan, Hyndman, Horgan, Agyepong, Boyle, Milligan, Swanson, Martin and possibly Allan if he comes ? Having 4 strikers means we'll be playing 2 up top, this leaves 9 players vying for 3 places in midfield.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by J-C View Post
    Another striker would give us 4, where in this team are we playing Mallan, Hyndman, Horgan, Agyepong, Boyle, Milligan, Swanson, Martin and possibly Allan if he comes ? Having 4 strikers means we'll be playing 2 up top, this leaves 9 players vying for 3 places in midfield.
    I think Swanson and Martin can be ruled out. Wouldn’t be surprised to see one of them, maybe the 2, gone by the end of the month

@hibs.net private member mayo hibee's Avatar
    I'd be surprised if we signed another striker. With the players we have we look like we'll be playing 4-5-1 a lot of the time, sometimes changing to 3-5-2 when the situation demands it.

It's pretty much going to be Shaw v Kamberi to be the 1 with Maclaren coming in as needed to be the second striker. If we brought in another he'd be kicking his heels on the bench most of the time like big Dave or else he'd be keeping Shaw from getting the game time he needs.

I'm not sure we absolutely need another signing now, but if we do go in again I'd hope it was for a quality midfielder with Swanson making way to allow him to go and be a starter somewhere else.

I wouldn't be signing someone just to fill a squad space now like we did with Rherras, whoever it is would need to be a starter or else there's no point.

I'd say Boyle is our fourth striker, as we've got Gray for RWB and two other wingers in Horgan and Agyepong.
    Mature, sensible signature required for responsible position. Good prospects for the right candidate. Apply within.

Quote Originally Posted by mayo hibee View Post
    I'd be surprised if we signed another striker. With the players we have we look like we'll be playing 4-5-1 a lot of the time, sometimes changing to 3-5-2 when the situation demands it.

It's pretty much going to be Shaw v Kamberi to be the 1 with Maclaren coming in as needed to be the second striker. If we brought in another he'd be kicking his heels on the bench most of the time like big Dave or else he'd be keeping Shaw from getting the game time he needs.

I'm not sure we absolutely need another signing now, but if we do go in again I'd hope it was for a quality midfielder with Swanson making way to allow him to go and be a starter somewhere else.

I wouldn't be signing someone just to fill a squad space now like we did with Rherras, whoever it is would need to be a starter or else there's no point.
    Re the bit in bold I'd still very much like Scott Allan. I think we look like a different team with him on the park.

I also suspect you're right about the striker side and the formation. If we're playing one out and out striker then we probably are covered with the players we've got (injury notwithstanding). We may get one if we spotted someone we think could be brought in knowing they're a bench player but who we think might force his way into the team.

I'm very interested to see how a formation or formations develop from here.....still feels that we don't 100% know our best line up.

@hibs.net private member superfurryhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mayo hibee View Post

Mc Laren isn’t coming here to sit on the bench.

@hibs.net private member
    Mc Laren isn’t coming here to sit on the bench.
    He will be if he plays like he did last Sunday and on Thursday

@hibs.net private member green day's Avatar
    Lots saying "teams almost complete" - I think we need more defensive cover.

Daz looks like hes struggling a bit and we are not as solid as I would like.

@hibs.net private member Scooter's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by green day View Post
    Lots saying "teams almost complete" - I think we need more defensive cover.

Daz looks like hes struggling a bit and we are not as solid as I would like.
    I think there's a formation change coming I just don't know to what. We now have 3 out and out wingers so can't really play with 3 at the back plus wing backs and accommodate 2 wingers. I think we are going to go 4 at the back with 2 centre halfs. That would mean out of Hanlon Efe daz and Ryan 2 would have to sit out and you now have Milligan, Whitaker who can play CH if needed. Hanlon and play left back as can Whitaker and at right back you have grey Efe, Whitaker and even Boyle.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by BoomtownHibeys View Post
    He will be if he plays like he did last Sunday and on Thursday
    For me Oli is ahead of him to start.