hibs.net Messageboard

Page 397 of 497 FirstFirst ... 297347387395396397398399407447 ... LastLast
Results 11,881 to 11,910 of 14907
    @hibs.net private member BoltonHibee's Avatar

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Log in to remove the advert

How anyone can call Maclaren gash is beyond me. Twice the player Cummings was and ever will be. Exactly what is needed for us at the moment. His conversion rate was the best in the league last year.

The guys who think he is gash would probs be happy with Simon Murray upfront. Now he is GASH

@hibs.net private member cabbageandribs1875's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BoltonHibee View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Not really, an attacking midfielder. He’s very small around 5.6” I think. He can play in hole too. Loves to run through midfield attacking players, can create too. Chips in with a few goals too. Only criticism I would have is I thought he was a bit lightweight but good player.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

so basically a sort of danny swanson type

Isn’t the squad in danger of being unbalanced? Seem to be in for a lot of small lightweight attacking players.

@hibs.net private member andy1875's Avatar
    Am I missing something with the nickname for McLaren now being Gash?

Brutal patter if its intended the way I suspect.

Added to the fact he was in fact a big part of the team that all so nearly got us 2nd last season, its bad patter. Maybe some of the “gash” posters on here should be emptied for trolling.

It's been a few years now since we had a player that could be referred to as anything like gash.

@hibs.net private member AgentDaleCooper's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by andy1875 View Post
    Am I missing something with the nickname for McLaren now being Gash?

Brutal patter if its intended the way I suspect.

Added to the fact he was in fact a big part of the team that all so nearly got us 2nd last season, its bad patter. Maybe some of the “gash” posters on here should be emptied for trolling.
    As far as i can make out it's just speedway, though he's clearly persisting in hope that it catches on
    . Utterly toxic attitude that goes waaaaay beyond just 'expressing an opinion'. I'd launch him if it were up to me.

Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by bigswissstriker View Post
    How anyone can call Maclaren gash is beyond me. Twice the player Cummings was and ever will be. Exactly what is needed for us at the moment. His conversion rate was the best in the league last year.

The guys who think he is gash would probs be happy with Simon Murray upfront. Now he is GASH
    U were doing aright until you called out Simon Murray.

Have a word nothing wrong with Murray's scoring record at us.

@hibs.net private member MrSmith's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Its just Speedy’s opinion. There is no need for anyone to get bent out of shape about it. I remember some of the opinions re Liam Miller (RIP) they were not very flattering! And I personally thought Liam was one of the best footballers I had seen. But opinions eh?!

Quote Originally Posted by JimboHibs View Post
    U were doing aright until you called out Simon Murray.

Have a word nothing wrong with Murray's scoring record at us.
    Scoring record was fine but lacked ability. Was more trying to get at the fact people bigged up Simon when in all honesty he wasn’t great and Mac is twice the player. Could’ve worded it better

Quote Originally Posted by MrSmith View Post
    Its just Speedy’s opinion. There is no need for anyone to get bent out of shape about it. I remember some of the opinions re Liam Miller (RIP) they were not very flattering! And I personally thought Liam was one of the best footballers I had seen. But opinions eh?!
    To be fair he also thought that Ikpeazu was dreadful for Hearts yesterday which to anyone watching the game was patently untrue, so not quite sure if it is an opinion or attention seeking. If it is the later it seems to be working :-)

@hibs.net private member MrSmith's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Chip shop Joe View Post
    To be fair he also thought that Ikpeazu was dreadful for Hearts yesterday which to anyone watching the game was patently untrue, so not quite sure if it is an opinion or attention seeking. If it is the later it seems to be working :-)
    I could be wrong I guess but never known Speedway to be an attention seeker.

Left by mutual consent! Speedway's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by AgentDaleCooper View Post
    As far as i can make out it's just speedway, though he's clearly persisting in hope that it catches on
    . Utterly toxic attitude that goes waaaaay beyond just 'expressing an opinion'. I'd launch him if it were up to me.
    I’d launch you for sitting in the black lodge doing nothing for a quarter of a century while your doppelgänger is out in the midwestern United States on killing sprees.

WTF did you let that happen.

Left by mutual consent! Speedway's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MrSmith View Post
    I could be wrong I guess but never known Speedway to be an attention seeker.
    Mr. Smith, when an opinion is unpopular on .net, there are two options for the group thinkers to respond with:

1. Yam
    2. Attention Seeker

I started and wrote the first Yamasaurus thread nearly 10 years ago on here. That was attention seeking because it was very funny and mocked yams everywhere when they were telling us that they were leaving us behind.

The knee jerkers cannot debate a difference in opinion, they can only attack. If Maclaren (since folk don’t like my nickname for him but had no problem with me called Sparky - Spanky) has a few bad games, my critique will look like faint praise compared to the stick he’ll receive on here as their (the group thinkers) opinions change with the wind. Groupthink you see.

The Boy at Hearts is just big, not good, big. He’ll get found out when someone puts a decent challenge in on him and will go into hiding for the rest of that match.

I don’t rate Maclaren, I didn’t rate McPake when everyone was fawning over him, nor Swanson, nor Shinnie but think Slivka is a player.

None of these opinions have been very popular but who cares it’s a football forum and why doesn’t anyone attacking those opinions have more going on in their life, is the real question.
    Last edited by Speedway; 12-08-2018 at 10:23 AM.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Speedway View Post
    Mr. Smith, when an opinion is unpopular on .net, there are two options for the group thinkers to respond with:

1. Yam
    2. Attention Seeker

I started and wrote the first Yamasaurus thread nearly 10 years ago on here. That was attention seeking because it was very funny and mocked yams everywhere when they were telling us that they were leaving us behind.

The knee jerkers cannot debate a difference in opinion, they can only attack. If Maclaren (since folk don’t like my nickname for him but had no problem with me called Sparky - Spanky) has a few bad games, my critique will look like faint praise compared to the stick he’ll receive on here as their (the group thinkers) opinions change with the wind. Groupthink you see.

The Boy at Hearts is just big, not good, big. He’ll get found out when someone puts a decent challenge in on him and will go into hiding for the rest of that match.

I don’t rate Maclaren, I didn’t rate McPake when everyone was fawning over him, nor Swanson, nor Shinnie but think Slivka is a player.

None of these opinions have been very popular but who cares it’s a football forum and why doesn’t anyone attacking those opinions have more going on in their life, is the real question.
    FWIW I actually agree with you a little bit. Maclarens all round game is inconsistent. There's games like at Ibrox where him and Kamberi had some lovely link up play together, nd then there's other games when he doesn't really do much.

But between the posts he is anything but gash. And sometimes that's all it takes to turn an ok team into a good one, as proven last season.

I actually think he offers us something on the shoulder of defenders and is always a nuisance with his work rate.

Zach Clough?

Professional thread starter Diclonius's Avatar
    I'd rather we didn't sign another AM unless his name is Scott Allan. The midfield is going to get saturated.

1. Yam
    2. Attention Seeker

The knee jerkers cannot debate a difference in opinion, they can only attack. If Maclaren (since folk don’t like my nickname for him but had no problem with me called Sparky - Spanky) has a few bad games, my critique will look like faint praise compared to the stick he’ll receive on here as there opinions change with the wind. Groupthink you see.

I am all for people have opinions and you’re right, its a football forum and there are more important things in life than football.

My post a short while ago was wondering if i had missed a whoosh moment in relation to McLaren now being nicknamed “Gash”. I’ve gathered that it is just down to your chat on here though and that in your opinion, he’s not very good.

My opinion is different and I think he will be a quality addition, just like he was last year when the team blossomed with him and Flo in it post Christmas.

Anyone who scores a hat trick against Rangers will never be called Gash in my eyes. Oh and importantly, Neil Lennon doesnt think hes gash either.

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    Its only one person (speedway) who's calling him gash, thats not his nickname.

Quote Originally Posted by blackpoolhibs View Post
    I've yet to read an explanation of why a striker who scores so many goals for us is "gash".
    Mature, sensible signature required for responsible position. Good prospects for the right candidate. Apply within.

Yip I got that now....

When i seen the signings summary, i couldnt work out who Gash was.

It’s all clear now...

@hibs.net private member NORTHERNHIBBY's Avatar
    If McLaren is the worst player that we have then we have come a long way.

Professional thread starter Diclonius's Avatar
    Can we have a separate Maclaren thread or just stick to transfers only please?

@hibs.net private member bingo70's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Diclonius View Post
    I'd rather we didn't sign another AM unless his name is Scott Allan. The midfield is going to get saturated.
    Wee bit concerned about that myself tbh.

Not so much the Scott Allan thing as it appears we’re just not getting him this summer. I wonder where the grit and steel in midfield is going to come from though, the players who make it really difficult for the likes of Celtic, Rangers and Aberdeen to play. All very well having exciting attacking players but against the better teams we need to have a couple of battlers in there too. As it stands we only really have Bartley and I’m not sure that’s enough.

Saying that, Lennon will know that better than me and I’m sure he’s on it, just hope we don’t end up with a situation of trying to squeeze players into a system that doesn’t really suit them.

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Eyrie View Post
    I've yet to read an explanation of why a striker who scores so many goals for us is "gash".
    Speedway explains why 4 or 5 posts down, i dont agree but he does explain his reason.

@hibs.net private member Allant1981's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Eyrie View Post
    because the guy who said it is an attention seeker looking for a reaction, which i will hold my hands up to doing yesterday

@hibs.net private member & Biggest, Funniest Slaver on hibs.net 2012 Pedantic_Hibee's Avatar
    Even if I thought he was gash I'd still refer to him as Maclaren.
    "Play for the name on the front of the jersey and the supporters will remember the name on the back"

Quote Originally Posted by bigswissstriker View Post

Didn’t Maclaren not say part of him coming to hibs was the fans comments
    to him in social media ?

If he reads this rubbish he may change his mind.

Him and Kamberi were lethal together - how anyone can say he is rubbish is a fool or a jambo causing trouble.

I don’t know what some hibs fans are expecting.

Speedway explains why 4 or 5 posts down, i dont agree but he does explain his reason.
    He doesn’t explain anything he just reiterates he doesn’t rate him.

Some hibs fans wouldn’t know a good player if they slapped them in the face.

1. Yam
    2. Attention Seeker

I would be delighted if he was just big and not very good but unfortunately, certainly on yesterday’s performance he seems pretty good to me. The fact that he was man of the match also tells a story but I suppose we will have to wait and see.