Page 3 of 497 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast
    @hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jonny View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Figure being quoted is £1.5million
    Sorry to whom?

2. Log in to remove the advert

Celtic rumoured to be after mclaren

Assuming McGinn and McGeouch are lost causes, here's my view on the possible ins/outs:
      • Kamberi - PRIORITY. The boy has everything; strength, speed, skill, composure, aggression, arrogance. Take into account his age and we could have a huge asset on our hands. If we're stretching the budget for anyone I think it should be him.
      • Barker - He's obviously not going to be in the first team at City and I don't think he's ready for the bigger clubs down south yet. City will surely see the strides he's made here so I would be pushing them for another year. Purely speculation on my part but I don't see why that's beyond the realms of possibility.
      • Allan - As seen in the first half yesterday, when he is on it he is unplayable and he would obviously be a brilliant signing. But Celtic are not going to let him go for nothing and he would have to take a huge wage cut to come to us permanently so I'm struggling to see it.
      • Efe - I love him but if the rumours are true re Chinese money then bite their hand off and reinvest in keeping Flo et al.
      • McLaren - Pretty brutal touch and link-up play but you just cannot teach the instinct he has for finding space and scoring goals. Would like to seem him stay but, with his team staying up, I can't see it happening TBH.
      • Naismith - I agree with an earlier poster that he would be a great signing and potentially available at a knock down price with County going down. If Efe is away that takes away one of our RB options as well.
      • Mallan - Very talented player but perhaps didn't have the physique for the Championship down there. I can see why he might now fancy coming into this Hibs team over playing in League 1 for Barnsley, so let's hope it's a goer. A midfield of Slivka, Allan and Mallan has a lovely ring to it doesn't it?
      • Crawford - Not seen enough to judge.
      • Mulumbu - Has there been any chat on where he's ending up? Probably not a long term solution but would certainly fit nicely into our team for a year or two and help make up for the likely losses in midfield. He's too old for a really big move now so maybe we would be an attractive option.

As an aside, you've got to hope that Porteous and Shaw will be ready to contribute more regularly and help to plug those gaps in the squad. I would add Fraser Murray to that list but you worry he's not quite getting enough first team games under his belt at this stage.

Quote Originally Posted by superbam View Post
    Seems unable to shed the bombscare tag with some folks. He has made less mistakes than our other defenders who rarely attract the same ire. I think he has been tremendous for us, we have been lucky to have a player of that quality at Easter Road, and he is a genuine footballer - his composure and ability to read the game has kicked off many of our best attacks this year.
    Agree. Absolute joy to watch. Can’t believe what some folk apparently see. Ball playing defenders get caught out sometimes - the occasional gaffe has been well worth it.

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CRAZYHIBBY View Post
    Celtic play 433, can’t see where he’d play

Crawford looking to move to England according to a BBC interview.

Quote Originally Posted by Onceinawhile View Post
    Crawford looking to move to England according to a BBC interview.
    Not strong enough for England.
    This is the reason most Scottish players fail when they make the south move.
    Could do a job at Hibs.

Quote Originally Posted by CRAZYHIBBY View Post
    He is not consistent enough to go there

@hibs.net private member Allant1981's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BOB MARLEYS DUG View Post
    Would not fuss me if Efe left, the guy is a bombsacre.
    rubbish, he has arguably been our best defender since he signed

The ITK guys seem to think Kamberi is a done deal as is Allan, possibly just sorting out the finer details of their buy outs and contracts, rumour is Kamberi has been house hunting with his girlfriend.
    MacLaren's club and his wages may be a stumbling block, he's thoroughly enjoyed it here and would come back but we may be priced out, depends how good LD is at negotiating a deal.
    Mallan would be a very good player to have, dead ball expert and intelligent midfielder, a few guys on here saying this could be a goer.
    Crawford was mentioned a few weeks ago but seems to have gone quiet since, maybe the Mallan rumour has scuppered that deal.

Efe is an enigma, decent CB but has a good few lapses in concentration, at times he makes it look all too easy as he wins the ball and strolls into midfield before passing it, then in the next breath he faffs around at the back all too casually and gets himself into all sorts of bother, for me I'd rather see Porteous getting game time next season.

Quote Originally Posted by Frazerbob View Post
    Similar to Sol Bamba when he was here. I just don’t get the bombscare pish.
    Sol Bamba recently was voted into Championship team of the year after winning promotion.

Bamba and Efe have their moments but if you have consistently watched Hibs since he signed you can see how well Efe has played.

David Gray while a legend is no where near the level of Efe.

The term bombscare seems to be used to describe a footballer who looks relaxed on the ball and not the rough and ready James McPake type.

Flo
    Allan
    Mclaren

All priority.

McGinn I expect to move to Celtic or somewhere like Leeds.

Efe is our best defender by the length of Leith Walk.
    Throw in the amount of attacks he starts and he would be hard to replace.

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Spanish_Kebab
    Personally I like Efe but wouldn’t have a problem with him leaving for a decent fee and Porteous filling in

If Efe has made the mistakes Hanlon, Stevenson and McGregor had made in the past 2 games you wouldn’t hear the end of it.

Quote Originally Posted by J-C View Post
    The ITK guys seem to think Kamberi is a done deal as is Allan, possibly just sorting out the finer details of their buy outs and contracts, rumour is Kamberi has been house hunting with his girlfriend.
    MacLaren's club and his wages may be a stumbling block, he's thoroughly enjoyed it here and would come back but we may be priced out, depends how good LD is at negotiating a deal.
    Mallan would be a very good player to have, dead ball expert and intelligent midfielder, a few guys on here saying this could be a goer.
    Crawford was mentioned a few weeks ago but seems to have gone quiet since, maybe the Mallan rumour has scuppered that deal.

Efe is an enigma, decent CB but has a good few lapses in concentration, at times he makes it look all too easy as he wins the ball and strolls into midfield before passing it, then in the next breath he faffs around at the back all too casually and gets himself into all sorts of bother, for me I'd rather see Porteous getting game time next season.
    I am on the same page a J-C

Kamberi, Allan, Mallan would all make for brilliant signings.

Porteous has his breakthrough season next year and could (could) be in the Scotland set-up a year from now or 2 years from now if he handles it all and keeps improving.

Efe has been entertaining (aside from Pittodrie in December and Tynecastle in the cup) and clearly a great guy round the club. £1.5m would be mighty handy though....

@hibs.net private member Johnny_Leith's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by patlowe View Post
    Assuming McGinn and McGeouch are lost causes, here's my view on the possible ins/outs:
      • Kamberi - PRIORITY. The boy has everything; strength, speed, skill, composure, aggression, arrogance. Take into account his age and we could have a huge asset on our hands. If we're stretching the budget for anyone I think it should be him.
      • Barker - He's obviously not going to be in the first team at City and I don't think he's ready for the bigger clubs down south yet. City will surely see the strides he's made here so I would be pushing them for another year. Purely speculation on my part but I don't see why that's beyond the realms of possibility.
      • Allan - As seen in the first half yesterday, when he is on it he is unplayable and he would obviously be a brilliant signing. But Celtic are not going to let him go for nothing and he would have to take a huge wage cut to come to us permanently so I'm struggling to see it.
      • Efe - I love him but if the rumours are true re Chinese money then bite their hand off and reinvest in keeping Flo et al.
      • McLaren - Pretty brutal touch and link-up play but you just cannot teach the instinct he has for finding space and scoring goals. Would like to seem him stay but, with his team staying up, I can't see it happening TBH.
      • Naismith - I agree with an earlier poster that he would be a great signing and potentially available at a knock down price with County going down. If Efe is away that takes away one of our RB options as well.
      • Mallan - Very talented player but perhaps didn't have the physique for the Championship down there. I can see why he might now fancy coming into this Hibs team over playing in League 1 for Barnsley, so let's hope it's a goer. A midfield of Slivka, Allan and Mallan has a lovely ring to it doesn't it?
      • Crawford - Not seen enough to judge.
      • Mulumbu - Has there been any chat on where he's ending up? Probably not a long term solution but would certainly fit nicely into our team for a year or two and help make up for the likely losses in midfield. He's too old for a really big move now so maybe we would be an attractive option.

As an aside, you've got to hope that Porteous and Shaw will be ready to contribute more regularly and help to plug those gaps in the squad. I would add Fraser Murray to that list but you worry he's not quite getting enough first team games under his belt at this stage.
    Mulumbu too old? He's 31?! He had a move to Bordeaux fall through in January, he'll leave Kilmarnock and most probably Scotland. Class player with another 3-5 seasons in him the way he looks after himself.

@hibs.net private member BSEJVT's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Ambrose probably falls into the same flawed genius category as at least Lennon & Scott Allan and depending on your perspective a few others.

If they didn't they wouldn't be anywhere near Hibs, such is their quality.

As others have said the same accusations were levelled at Sol Bamba who has made a more than decent career for himself and IMO Ambrose is a far far better footballer, although maybe less physically imposing.

If Efe goes we will miss him massively, I think Porteous has got everything to be a very good centre half but it wont be next year, it will come with time an experience and I would prefer to see him getting game time at McGregor's expense rather than Ambrose's

Not great in the air but Efe is out on his own when it comes to dribbling centre halfs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Borderhibbie76 View Post
    Yeah I'm not overly concerned about him leaving either tbh...great ballplayer from the back but his defending is just awful at times....he was woeful yesterday and for a centre half he is extremely weak in the air. Don't understand why he played and Daz was dropped yesterday tbh
    ..Hanlon and Daz are our best pairing in a back 4 imo

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
    Can't believe what I'm reading. The guy is 1st class, one of the best players I've seen at Easter road!

@hibs.net private member SRHibs's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Limit Break PSN ID: cyniUK
    Efe is probably my favourite player. Still think he’d be well suited to the DM role.

@hibs.net private member Frazerbob's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by City of Green View Post
    Sol Bamba recently was voted into Championship team of the year after winning promotion.

Bamba and Efe have their moments but if you have consistently watched Hibs since he signed you can see how well Efe has played.

David Gray while a legend is no where near the level of Efe.

The term bombscare seems to be used to describe a footballer who looks relaxed on the ball and not the rough and ready James McPake type.

Flo
    Allan
    Mclaren

All priority.

McGinn I expect to move to Celtic or somewhere like Leeds.
    Yeh that was my point. Sol was a bombscare according many but he’s done no bad for himself since leaving. I hate the term.

Quote Originally Posted by jonny View Post
    Figure being quoted is £1.5million
    I like Efe, but £1.5 is surely too good to turn down when we only have 1 year left on his contract. Could use that kind of money to help sign Kamberi/Maclaren

@hibs.net private member Stevie Reid's Avatar
    I see that Ki Seung-young has been released by Swansea, one of Lennon's Celtic signings. I suspect at 29 he'll still be way out of our bracket though.

@hibs.net private member Stuart93's Avatar
    Crawford wanting to try his hand down south

Quote Originally Posted by Frazerbob View Post
    Yeh that was my point. Sol was a bombscare according many but he’s done no bad for himself since leaving. I hate the term.
    Agreed

@hibs.net private member bingo70's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevie Reid View Post
    I see that Ki Seung-young has been released by Swansea, one of Lennon's Celtic signings. I suspect at 29 he'll still be way out of our bracket though.
    I think our best and only chance of a signing like that would be on loan with his parent club covering most of his wages. Any high profile player like that free of charge will have plenty offers offering miles more than us.

@hibs.net private member Stevie Reid's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bingo70 View Post
    I think our best and only chance of a signing like that would be on loan with his parent club covering most of his wages. Any high profile player like that free of charge will have plenty offers offering miles more than us.
    Yeah, agree completely.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny_Leith View Post
    Mulumbu too old? He's 31?! He had a move to Bordeaux fall through in January, he'll leave Kilmarnock and most probably Scotland. Class player with another 3-5 seasons in him the way he looks after himself.
    Of course he has football left in him. My point is you won't see a queue of huge clubs desperate to sign a 31 year old who has barely played 50 games in 3 years. I can accept he may still be out of our price range though.

EFE is effectively in the same position as mcginn if he doesn't extend his contract then we will likely try and sell him

Quote Originally Posted by Stevie Reid View Post
    A.c. Milan and Everton quoted as being after him.

Templeton got released by Hamilton today along with Crawford.