hibs.net Messageboard

Page 26 of 497 FirstFirst ... 1624252627283676126 ... LastLast
    Not read it anywhere else on here but reading this morning on the bbc gossip page that Sheffield United are interested in Kamberi

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Heisenberg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hannah_hfc View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Not read it anywhere else on here but reading this morning on the bbc gossip page that Sheffield United are interested in Kamberi

Just saw that too...

Sheffield United are considering a move for Florian Kamberi , which could scupper Hibernian 's hopes of bringing the striker back to Easter Road on a permanent basis. Kamberi, 23, scored nine goals in 14 appearances on loan from Grasshoppers last term, and although the Easter Road club have all but agreed a deal of around £100,000 to secure his services, the Swiss's preference is to move to England. (Daily Express, print edition)

EEN also reporting we are monitoring Stevie Mallan’s situation at Barnsley, which we already know thanks to TC.
    Last edited by Heisenberg; 23-05-2018 at 06:38 AM.

I'm not overly concerned about the Sheffield thing. I don't think it's even remotely accurate to say that Kamberi would rather be in Sheffield than Edinburgh after enjoying it so much being here since January.

If anything, it gives us a wee kick up the arse to get the deal done and if it doesn't go through, then it probably means that someone else has offered much more than we can manage. Which is something that was always going to be possible after his performance over the 14 games he was here.

I'm relaxed. Or at least trying to be relaxed about the whole thing!

unfortunately he might fancy it for an extra 5k pw

Quote Originally Posted by Gmack7 View Post
    unfortunately he might fancy it for an extra 5k pw
    Sadly very much so...if it's true and that's a big IF...our chances may very well have diminished

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member Heisenberg's Avatar
    I’m sure I remember Flo saying when he signed his loan deal that his main ambition was the play in England. If the interest is genuine and we’ve not already got him signed up, then I fear we’ll miss out. Would be a blow not to get him secured.

@hibs.net private member Winston Ingram's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Dinkydoo View Post
    I'm not overly concerned about the Sheffield thing. I don't think it's even remotely accurate to say that Kamberi would rather be in Sheffield than Edinburgh after enjoying it so much being here since January.

If anything, it gives us a wee kick up the arse to get the deal done and if it doesn't go through, then it probably means that someone else has offered much more than we can manage. Which is something that was always going to be possible after his performance over the 14 games he was here.

I'm relaxed. Or at least trying to be relaxed about the whole thing!
    The fact that they’ll pay him at least double what we can will likely influence where he’ll rather be.

Hopefully he signs, but if not then hopefully the scouting team can find the next Kamberi. Given his record before us he was quite a find.

@hibs.net private member bingo70's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael View Post
    Hopefully he signs, but if not then hopefully the scouting team can find the next Kamberi. Given his record before us he was quite a find.
    He wasn’t scouted, He was recommended by his ex assistant manager who knows Lennon. I want to say Michael Fotheringham but bit sure that’s right.

Agree with the general point you’re making though.

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    Surely they are too late, he signed for us this week apparently?

Professional thread starter Diclonius's Avatar
    **** off Sheffield United.

I'm fed up of English clubs who should be at the very most on equal footing with us but have more money than ****ing sense due to that bloated, undeserving TV deal. **** it.
    Last edited by Diclonius; 23-05-2018 at 07:00 AM.

@hibs.net private member
    Let's see what happens but I'd be gutted not to see him back at ER next season.

Given his brilliant form I'm not surprised clubs with more resources than us are sniffing around.

First Team Breakthrough
    Sheffield won’t get to sign him for the alleged 100k though, that will only be to Hibs as they would have had it written in to the loan deal

@hibs.net private member CallumLaidlaw's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Cal_hibby
    Quote Originally Posted by horseflesh View Post
    Sheffield won’t get to sign him for the alleged 100k though, that will only be to Hibs as they would have had it written in to the loan deal
    Yeah but they won’t push for too much more or they risk him going to us for less money than other clubs offer.

I'll be gutted if Kamberi doesn't sign. That would be a real blow.

Testimonial Due
    why sign for another club when you said you have made two steps forward at Hibs in a short time ! Take another year and if your good enough , you wil have more options 12 months on..
    besides, we are told its a done deal.

@hibs.net private member staunchhibby's Avatar
    Will be disappointed if we do not get him after almost having a deal in place.

@hibs.net private member
    I think it’s unlikely we’ll see him back here now if the Sheff Utd link is true, they’re wages are far superior to ours and that will be the deciding factor and you can’t blame any1 for that just how it is unfortunately.

If he has not already signed, which he clearly hasn't, we don't have much chance against them. Money talks.

Looking forward to hearing TC and Underscore's thoughts on this development....

It's all a bit Didier Agathe.

An option that does not include all three parties to a deal isn’t worth the paper it’s written on. If Hibs don’t have Kamberri’s terms agreed as part of the option then it’s amateur hour telling everyone we have an option to buy.

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Marvin View Post
    If he has not already signed, which he clearly hasn't, we don't have much chance against them. Money talks.

Looking forward to hearing TC and Underscore's thoughts on this development....
    He’s defo not signed. He’s agreed to sign and has told players/friends this just like he did in Jan. I’ve no idea about the Sheff Utd rumour and to be honest I’m not worried either. It’s up to Hibs now to sit down and get this done after he’s back from his hol.

Quote Originally Posted by Ozyhibby View Post
    An option that does not include all three parties to a deal isn’t worth the paper it’s written on. If Hibs don’t have Kamberri’s terms agreed as part of the option then it’s amateur hour telling everyone we have an option to buy.

This for me but if it's not already done and he can pull from that option it' makes it more difficult now that other teams showing an interest But fingers crossed he wants to stay with us

First Team Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyser Sauzee View Post
    I think it’s unlikely we’ll see him back here now if the Sheff Utd link is true, they’re wages are far superior to ours and that will be the deciding factor and you can’t blame any1 for that just how it is unfortunately.

Correct,wages are the deciding factor. Wrong regards no one to blame. Since the conception of Sky Sports, Scottish football's TV deal negotiators have repeatedly miscalculated and capitulated to Sky Sports . We are now in a situation where most English Championship and League 1 clubs can outbid us on wages and transfer fees despite some of those clubs having crowds significantly lower than we get at ER.

@hibs.net private member Callum_62's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Wii Code: 0083-4364-6418-4974
    Quote Originally Posted by Thecat23 View Post
    He’s defo not signed. He’s agreed to sign and has told players/friends this just like he did in Jan. I’ve no idea about the Sheff Utd rumour and to be honest I’m not worried either. It’s up to Hibs now to sit down and get this done after he’s back from his hol.
    Any idea when the players are back for pre season - first competitive game is a mere 7 weeks away!

Presumably they will be back in 3-4 weeks?

Ofcourse, signings hopefully before then

Kamberi to Sheffield UTD - i do doubt it, but you never know

Quote Originally Posted by Thecat23 View Post
    Unfortunately agreeing to sign means absolutely nothing when presented with a situation like this (if it's true and they have made an approach).

Fwiw I still think he will sign, but feel a lot more unsure now

Quote Originally Posted by Ozyhibby View Post

Only the stupidest of stupid players would have their personal terms agreed just in case a loan deal becomes permanent. It would never happen.
    Getting an agreed option to buy prior to the loan deal commencing was a good move by our club as it put us in a stronger position but just like any other transfer it comes down to what the player wants.
    Every gimmick hungry yob,
    Digging gold from rock and roll
    Grabs the mic to tell us,
    He'll die before he's sold.

Quote Originally Posted by killie-hibby View Post
    Correct,wages are the deciding factor. Wrong regards no one to blame. Since the conception of Sky Sports, Scottish football's TV deal negotiators have repeatedly miscalculated and capitulated to Sky Sports . We are now in a situation where most English Championship and League 1 clubs can outbid us on wages and transfer fees despite some of those clubs having crowds significantly lower than we get at ER.
    a quick google and im seeing sheff utd average wage is 4-6k a week .10k for the highest earners . Surely we must be able to offer close enough to 4k

**** off Sheffield United

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Marvin View Post
    Unfortunately agreeing to sign means absolutely nothing when presented with a situation like this (if it's true and they have made an approach).

Fwiw I still think he will sign, but feel a lot more unsure now
    That’s just the way Football is. Deals all over the world can fall down due to a player going back on their word. Can’t see Flo doing this though but he may want his contract changed that if someone comes in a certain amount can trigger a release in it.