hibs.net Messageboard

Page 230 of 497 FirstFirst ... 130180220228229230231232240280330 ... LastLast
Results 6,871 to 6,900 of 14907
    Quote Originally Posted by keep the faith View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Can you imagine how long a manager would last if he continually brought in hundreds of poor quality players, paid them off and then paid for lots more??

The director of football would have them out on their ear. Wait a minute.......

Joke club.
    With any luck, CL can get back to his comfy director's seat presto pronto and a get a new fall guy installed in the dug out. Otherwise, we risk losing his strategic brilliance forever!

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by ShadesLongThrow View Post
    I’m maybe clutching at straws here but the way I read it is that we have a set of targets in mind. Say for sake of argument it’s 3 players at £100k each. But with it starting to look like SJM is going for a decent amount, the 3 players previously identified can be upgraded to a different 3 at say £300k each. So quite rightly we’re holding back to see if the transfer goes through which will give us the opportunity to bring in better players. Hence why the SJM transfer is important in our buying strategy.
    That's my take on it. Plus we are trying to get as much as possible for sjm as we also need to replace him. Ourselves, Aberdeen and celtic are all looking to sign decent quality players and this takes time and things like mclaren insisting he wants to leave then establishing the price take time. Same as if we are after hooper. There will be a lot of negotiating there. At least Lennon has said we have a number of targets in mind . Getting them over the line is the hard part.

@hibs.net private member BILLYHIBS's Avatar
    Surely Budgie cannot be this stupid a business woman ! She shows the same blind loyalty to Potter every season spending money hand over fist on no mark players while their stadium is a death trap.Long May it continue! Just stay away from *********** unless a visit is really necessary.

* Tinycastle

I was told a while ago by a jambo that CL is in last chance saloon and there will be no going back up stairs.

Don't think it's true but even the good doctor might get pissed off at some point

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzywuzzy View Post
    I was told a while ago by a jambo that CL is in last chance saloon and there will be no going back up stairs.

Don't think it's true but even the good doctor might get pissed off at some point
    Amazed he's lasted this long to be honest. He's finished in football - totally stuck in the dark ages.

Quote Originally Posted by JeMeSouviens View Post
    Read the small print - she said it was the biggest ever "football budget", ie. including running the training centre and all the backroom staff etc., not just the first team.
    Yes I get that mate but we've only signed 2 outfield players and 1 loan...surely that's not taken up the budget so much we are dependant on selling SJM?? We have over 13k season ticket holders also and have lost Dylan, Murray plus the likes of McLaren and Barker not yet replaced?? As I said I'm hoping it's Lennon being coy with the press

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Hendo signs 4 year deal with italian side

@hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Borderhibbie76 View Post
    Yes I get that mate but we've only signed 2 outfield players and 1 loan...surely that's not taken up the budget so much we are dependant on selling SJM?? We have over 13k season ticket holders also and have lost Dylan, Murray plus the likes of McLaren and Barker not yet replaced?? As I said I'm hoping it's Lennon being coy with the press

We'll sign players whether or not SJM stays or goes. We'll just sign better ones if we sell him.
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £2,389.68!

Think it'll be more like weighing up cheaper/more expensive options and deciding which to go for depending on the McGinn money?

Coaching Staff

This

Quote Originally Posted by BILLYHIBS View Post
    Surely Budgie cannot be this stupid a business woman ! She shows the same blind loyalty to Potter every season spending money hand over fist on no mark players while their stadium is a death trap.Long May it continue! Just stay away from *********** unless a visit is really necessary.

* Tinycastle
    Why does everyone think they’re going to be terrible?

They have a decent defence, Lafferty will score goals, Naismith did OK on loan, but after a good pre season and injury free. He’ll be a good addition.

I don’t know any of their signings, but Olly Lee is supposed to be decent. Scored a few for them already. The Irish winger they got from ICT seemingly has potential. Sounds a bit like Boyle.

Got Djoum to come back and he isn’t a bad player to add to the midfield.

Potter will always make them hard to beat.

I don’t think they’ll be anywhere near as bad as folk on here think.

Quote Originally Posted by CorrieHibs View Post

They have a decent defence, Lafferty will score goals, Naismith did OK on loan, but after a good pre season and injury free. He’ll be a good addition.

I don’t know any of their signings, but Olly Lee is supposed to be decent. Scored a few for them already. The Irish winger they got from ICT seemingly has potential. Sounds a bit like Boyle.

It’ll be a typical Levein team. They’ll be hard to beat. They’ll probably do all right against us. But they’ll not threaten to actually achieve anything. They’ll be horrible to watch but will make top 6.

@hibs.net private member JohnM1875's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: johnmac1875

Annoyingly I have to agree with you.

Still think we'll finish above them. But it'll be much closer this season. Their home form is always good and can't see any reason for that changing.

@hibs.net private member Stevie Reid's Avatar

It's definitely a dangerous presumption to make. You make good points here.

They don’t have to be terrible for Potter to lose his job though. Unless they are up challenging for top 3 the fans are going to hunt him out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ozyhibby View Post
    They don’t have to be terrible for Potter to lose his job though. Unless they are up challenging for top 3 the fans are going to hunt him out.

They can finish wherever they want as long as they spawn a victory against us. Proven that last season.

We define them.

@hibs.net private member Spike Mandela's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I dunno, just think 14 signings by a club priding itself on youth developent smacks of desperation and the signings seem to be a certain level of mediocrity. I am sure some of the signgs will be a hit but not sure how many. Wouldn’t surprise me if Lafferty and/or Soapy Souttar will be sold before the end of the window as well.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ozyhibby View Post

Lol as if, they could lose almost every single game, get relegated and as long as they scraped one 1-0 against us that delusional lot would still be saying "wee team" and all that. They lack brain capacity for sure, saw one of their fans saying they look promising this year after clawing their way against Cove Rangers.

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Spike Mandela View Post
    I dunno, just think 14 signings by a club priding itself on youth developent smacks of desperation and the signings seem to be a certain level of mediocrity. I am sure some of the signgs will be a hit but not sure how many. Wouldn’t surprise me if Lafferty and/or Soapy Souttar will be sold before the end of the window as well.
    Question must surely be why tbey need so many players when tbey did ok last season and they have such a strong youth policy. Makes no sense 4 or 5 better quality rather than 14 would have seemed a better way to go imo.
    Last edited by JimBHibees; 19-07-2018 at 02:29 PM.

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Market in England is crazy. Leicester paying £10m for Liverpool’s 3rd choice goalie
    Think he was on loan at Aberdeen a few years ago

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Whizz View Post
    Market in England is crazy. Leicester paying £10m for Liverpool’s 3rd choice goalie
    That’s why we need to hold our nerve with Mcginn. Very good chance someone comes in with enough money to turn ours and John’s head.

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Whizz View Post
    3rd behind two very dodgy goalies. Absolutely nuts.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael View Post
    3rd behind two very dodgy goalies. Absolutely nuts.
    I thought bogdan was third choice then ward. So how much is bogdan worth then?

@hibs.net private member Stuart93's Avatar

I agree. Basing this seasons league position going by CURRENT squads. I'd say they'd finish above us

Left by mutual consent! calumhibee1's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Stuart93 View Post
    I agree. Basing this seasons league position going by CURRENT squads. I'd say they'd finish above us
    I’m not sure I’d go that far but there wouldn’t a lot in it as it is I don’t think.

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Spanish_Kebab
    Absolutely no chance

Quote Originally Posted by Nevi_SOL View Post
    Absolutely no chance
    Joël sked in tonights evening news says, in his 5 things de learned from hearts v cove, that théy learned Hibs and aberdeen still have a higher quality of player than hearts.

@hibs.net private member Stuart93's Avatar
    Haha I'll nip it in the bud before it gets out of control 😂 Fth

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Springbank View Post
    Joël sked in tonights evening news says, in his 5 things de learned from hearts v cove, that théy learned Hibs and aberdeen still have a higher quality of player than hearts.
    Who’s Joel sked