hibs.net Messageboard

Page 21 of 497 FirstFirst ... 1119202122233171121 ... LastLast
    @hibs.net private member bingo70's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by we are hibs View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Fulham want McGinn
    Is this being reported anywhere or just some inside knowledge you’ve got?

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by HoboHarry View Post
    Have we released anyone yet? Seems like other clubs like Hamilton and Dundee were pretty quick off the mark on that front....
    kamberi,McLaren,Barker,McGeoch, all the other loanees?

Quote Originally Posted by Sammy7nil View Post
    kamberi,McLaren,Barker,McGeoch, all the other loanees?
    we cant release 'loan players', they are contracted to other clubs. Of the players you have mentioned they were here on loan, except McGeoch whose contract
    has expired. So in summary none of the players you have mentioned have been 'released'

Quote Originally Posted by Ronniekirk View Post
    Halliday and Scott Allan flew out to a holiday resort together this morning Have always been good friends so maybe Lennon thinks they could be good playing together Something they have always wanted to do
    Am not sure about this one althogh I can't see Marvin Bartley wanting to stay given how little game time he has had recently
    If Lenny doesn't give Swanson an indication he is in his plans we could soon be down to Slivyka has our only Midfielder
    Certainly a key Area of team to be rebuilt

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I'd imagine Halliday and Allan will enjoy a chuckle at these threads over a spit roast together this evening.

Left by mutual consent!
    I really hope we can get Barker in again. Another year with us will improve him further of course there maybe interest in him from other clubs perhaps on a permanent basis but if not be delighted to see him again.

Halliday and Allan on the beach kicking a ball around? Jumpers for goalposts?
    Marvellous........

Quote Originally Posted by DexterStJock View Post
    Swanson is a far better player. Halliday is too.
    I liked Shinnie. Watching the championship winning DVD Hibs brought out, surprised me how many assists Shinnie had that season. I’d prefer Allan to come back, but think Shinnie is better than Swanson.

@hibs.net private member The Sundance Kid's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by angus hibby View Post
    I liked Shinnie. Watching the championship winning DVD Hibs brought out, surprised me how many assists Shinnie had that season. I’d prefer Allan to come back, but think Shinnie is better than Swanson.
    Worth noting that Swanson had the 2nd most assists in the top flight of Scottish football last season while Shinnie only had the 2nd most assist in the Hibs team in the championship last season.

Swanson also scored around 10 more goals last season in the league about Shinnie!

Personally think it's pretty clear who the better player is

I’ve never seen a player fall over for no reason as often as Shinnie did and I don’t mean he was looking for fouls.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by angus hibby View Post
    Sorry, not having it. Shinnie was terrible.

Lucky derby goal aside.

Personally feel Swanson has been unfortunate this season and is a very good player - which he showed against Celtic.

Shinnie wasn’t as good as I expected and wouldn’t be too keen on having him back.

Fyvie imo is a very good player who some just seem to have a real dislike for.

Halliday is just garbage. Nothing to do with him being a rangers player, he’s just poor and offers nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by R'Albin View Post
    He was an attacking midfielder so would be replacing Allan rather than Dylan. He was decent for us but I think we should be looking for better at this stage. I'm not convinced he's any better than Swanson.
    He’s not, he’s a lot worse than Swanson. Even with Danny’s limited game time he likely has more assists and goals than shimmied managed a division down.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ozyhibby View Post
    He’s not, he’s a lot worse than Swanson. Even with Danny’s limited game time he likely has more assists and goals than shimmied managed a division down.

Nope.....3 goals Shinnie and 1 for Swanson...don't have assist stats but figure they would be similar. 3x for Shinnie

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Ozyhibby View Post

Shinnie has more of both, won't even be close. Certainly wasn't terrible.

Shinnie had some nice touches but seemed slow and ponderous getting caught in possession too often, saying that he was very short of game time when he came heŕe but didn't really light up the place like he should've. Similar playing position to Allan and I know who I would choose.

Quote Originally Posted by TelaStella View Post
    https://twitter.com/bcfc/status/997446576321781761?s=21

I see Andrew Shinnie has been released from Birmingham. Always thought he did okay with us and we could probably do a lot worse with replacing him for Dylan.

I liked Shinnie when he was here and thought he got it tight despite playing pretty well.
    But it's a great barometer of how far we've come that I'd see a player like that now as a rarely used substitute.
    Last edited by The Leith Dutch; 19-05-2018 at 08:48 AM.

First Team Breakthrough
    BBC rwporting Cammy Bell been released.

Aberdeen apparently offered to make
    McGeouch their highest paid player.

I would be raging if he goes there. Would show a
    real lack of ambition from Hibs if we can't match Aberdeen in wages. English leagues I get as they have significantly more money than us but im not having that Aberdeen have that much more to offer than us.

@hibs.net private member SRHibs's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Limit Break PSN ID: cyniUK
    Aberdeen apparently offered to make
    McGeouch their highest paid player.

I would be raging if he goes there. Would show a
    real lack of ambition from Hibs if we can't match Aberdeen in wages. English leagues I get as they have significantly more money than us but im not having that Aberdeen have that much more to offer than us.
    Aberdeen also have signficantly more money than us.

Quote Originally Posted by SRHibs View Post
    Aberdeen also have signficantly more money than us.

And? It's hardly going to be 10k+ is it? We should be able to match their offer at the very least. Otherwise what's the point in buying season tickets, contributing to HSL ect if we can't even compete with Aberdeen ffs

And? It's hardly going to be 10k+ is it? We should be able to match their offer at the very least. Otherwise what's the point in buying season tickets, contributing to HSL ect if we can't even compete with Aberdeen ffs
    They have more money than us - that is a fact. We're paying the price for mistakes made years ago but we're closing the gap and making progress.

We don't close that gap spending money we don't have. Other clubs have tried that and it didn't end well.

A losing mentality would be to accept that just because we spend less than them we should finish behind them.

We need to spend our money wisely, like we've done recently, and we'll close the gap that currently exists.

@hibs.net private member Stevie Reid's Avatar
    This thread, and the separate Dylan one, is becoming a reminder of how pish this place can be during the summer.

I remember the panic of many at our lack of signings last year, when we were less than a quarter of the way into the window (and had already signed players).

Now people having a go at the club over a transfer that may not even happen.
    Last edited by Stevie Reid; 19-05-2018 at 12:24 PM.

@hibs.net private member Stevie Reid's Avatar
    Should also be noted that Aberdeen paid a decent fee for Stevie May when he was barely back from a serious injury, and in January they paid money to Hamilton for a player who is currently out with an ACL injury.

Clearly they don't have much of an aversion to risk, but it's a dangerous business, as May's awful season showed.

@hibs.net private member
    anyone know the wage differences between Aberdeen and hibs ?

Coaching Staff
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Myjo5984 Wii Code: 3916 0145 9394 9493
    Aberdeen have been finishing second for the last 4 years while we have been in the championship. We operated to a loss of £200k last season despite winning the league and reaching cup semi final etc. Even this season they have earned £500k more in prize money than us in finishing second compared to fourth.

They have been consistently reaching the latter stages of cups over the last 4 or 5 years.
    They have had European football for the last 4 years.
    They have good crowds in a similar sized stadium to us and A large, revenue generating, fanbase across the nort-east.

Aberdeen won't be offering £10k a week but they are in a far better position than us just now to offer players decent wages for the league we are in. Making Dylan their top earner will probably double what he was earning with us and be substantially more than our budget can accommodate just now.

The point of buying season tickets and HSL is to get us to the level that Aberdeen are operating at just now but to think we are anywhere near there after one good season back in the premier league is nonsense.

Maybe after 2 or 3 years like the one we have just had will we be in a position to compete with Aberdeen when they are throwing money at players like this suggests.

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by MyJo View Post
    Aberdeen have been finishing second for the last 4 years while we have been in the championship. We operated to a loss of £200k last season despite winning the league and reaching cup semi final etc. Even this season they have earned £500k more in prize money than us in finishing second compared to fourth.

They have been consistently reaching the latter stages of cups over the last 4 or 5 years.
    They have good crowds in a similar sized stadium to us and A large, revenue generating, fanbase across the nort-east.

Aberdeen won't be offering £10k a week but they are in a far better position than us just now to offer players decent wages for the league we are in. Making Dylan their top earner will probably double what he was earning with us and be substantially more than our budget can accommodate just now.

The point of buying season tickets and HSL is to get us to the level that Aberdeen are operating at just now but to think we are anywhere near there after one good season back in the premier league is nonsense.

Maybe after 2 or 3 years like the one we have just had will we be in a position to compete with Aberdeen when they are throwing money at players like this suggests.
    Excellent post.

@hibs.net private member Heisenberg's Avatar

Spot on. Great post.

madhatter
    Left by mutual consent!

Aberdeen have a pro-active millionaire. We don’t. We’ll never be able to compete financially as long as that remains. That isn’t to say we cannot compete but Hearts and Aberdeen have wealthy people putting money into the club. We don’t have that at the level they do. Hard to continually compete without greater investment from people with a load of money in the bank.

@hibs.net private member Stuart93's Avatar
    If Dylan joins Aberdeen all he's fussed about is £££ as oppose to his career

Both Hearts and Aberdeen have major infrastructure projects on the go. Much of any additional income will be diverted to fund these. Hibs have the infrastructure in place so can concentrate funds on improving the playing squad.

We are a selling club and may find ourselves selling McGinn, Ambrose and even Marciano this summer. However, any funds raised are likely to be spent on replacing players.

With the club on a sound footing, having a reputation for playing decent football and a well respected manager in place we are an attractive destination for ambitious and talented players.

Okay, our wages will be less than some clubs offer, but what we offer is high level exposure and an environment for improvement.

Oh and probably European football.

We will definitely have an interesting summer. Players will join and players will leave. We will have to be patient, but I am convinced that we will be pleasantly surprised come the start of the season.