hibs.net Messageboard

Page 207 of 497 FirstFirst ... 107157197205206207208209217257307 ... LastLast
Results 6,181 to 6,210 of 14907
    @hibs.net private member mayo hibee's Avatar
    If the Horgan move is happening Hibs could do worse than look at Preston defender Andy Boyle who is available for transfer as well. The two players were the standouts at Dundalk a few years ago, moved to Preston together, made their international debuts together and both now seem to have stalled a bit in England.

We could do with at least one defensive signing this window and Boyle would be a quality signing that wouldn't cost too much.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by matty_f View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    No, we're much further down the line with Horgan than Lennon let on to the media - I'm not sure what the hold up is bit everything was thought to have been pretty much agreed with all parties but (I'm guessing) there's been a spanner in the works somewhere. Still expect it to go through though.
    Have you heard any more about Maclaren, Matty?

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Quote Originally Posted by GloryGlory View Post
    Have you heard any more about Maclaren, Matty?
    Nothing more than has been posted already, mate. Would expect it to happen but it's far from signed and sealed.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

hfc rd
    Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by matty_f View Post
    Nothing more than has been posted already, mate. Would expect it to happen but it's far from signed and sealed.

Do you know who else we are in for Matty or is it pretty much dependant on how much money we receive for McGinn?

@hibs.net private member Stuart93's Avatar
    Cummings joins Peterborough on a season long loan, can't help but think he should've stuck around for a bit longer

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Stuart93 View Post
    Cummings joins Peterborough on a season long loan, can't help but think he should've stuck around for a bit longer
    Peterborough owner saying he cost Nottingham Forest over a million pound

@hibs.net private member bingo70's Avatar
    I'm sure his bank balance is a lot healthier than it would have been had he stayed and if he did stay i'm not totally convinced he'd have won that much better a move.

Peterborough would seem a pretty decent club for him i'd have thought, i'm pleased i can get back to liking him again.

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mayo hibee View Post
    If the Horgan move is happening Hibs could do worse than look at Preston defender Andy Boyle who is available for transfer as well. The two players were the standouts at Dundalk a few years ago, moved to Preston together, made their international debuts together and both now seem to have stalled a bit in England.

We could do with at least one defensive signing this window and Boyle would be a quality signing that wouldn't cost too much.

If he’s a centre back then I really can’t see that being a priority for us.

@hibs.net private member Stuart93's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bingo70 View Post
    I'm sure his bank balance is a lot healthier than it would have been had he stayed and if he did stay i'm not totally convinced he'd have won that much better a move.

Peterborough would seem a pretty decent club for him i'd have thought, i'm pleased i can get back to liking him again.
    Moneywise yes, career trajectories going down the way.

@hibs.net private member bingo70's Avatar
    If he stayed with us for another year i'm not sure he would have got a move to a bigger club than Nottingham Forest but he would have lost out on a good few thousand pound a week.

He will also point to getting to play for Rangers for 6 months as a positive, not something i could do though.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Quote Originally Posted by hfc rd View Post
    Do you know who else we are in for Matty or is it pretty much dependant on how much money we receive for McGinn?
    Other than the names that are already out there not really mate, we've been looking at full backs on either side but I haven't heard that we're close to anything there.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

@hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar
    Definitely

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby

@hibs.net private member weecounty hibby's Avatar
    Now finding his level, and that's in no way meant as any kind of indication of him as a person or how I feel about him before we get into the haters/lovers argument. As a player he is limited and doesn't work hard enough to compensate for his limitations. He will have a career similar to Tony Watt imo.

Blog Entries
    Small fish in a small pool but he’ll be earning a decent crust. I reckon he’s reached his level and will stay there.

Celtic have signed a guy called Armstrong Okoflex. Best name ever.

@hibs.net private member CropleyWasGod's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael View Post
    Will he plug the hole in the defence?

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

People went on about kamberi and maclaren being an upgrade on stokes and Murray. I think they were both an upgrade on Cummings too.

@hibs.net private member cabbageandribs1875's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael View Post

one Armstrong out, one Armstrong in

Quote Originally Posted by cabbageandribs1875 View Post
    That's a stretch.

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    I really never saw the player some on here did, he did have a couple of very good season goalscoring wise, but as we saw with McLaren, to form a partnership with someone, you need better movement.

He's not really a team player, he lacks pace and he does not work hard enough. I could mention not being strong enough and i personally dont think he takes it serious enough.

He did score lots of goals, and if we could guarantee them again, i'd take him back, but i dont feel he has it in him to play in the top league in Scotland and score enough goals.

Hammer of the herts, cup winning legend, but for me we've moved on and onto better, well wanting better.

I certainly think Lennon wants better.

You cant help like him, he is a slaver when interviewed, but i do wish him all the best.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by cabbageandribs1875 View Post

Do the hokey cokey and turn............

@hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by blackpoolhibs View Post
    I really never saw the player some on here did, he did have a couple of very good season goalscoring wise, but as we saw with McLaren, to form a partnership with someone, you need better movement.

He's not really a team player, he lacks pace and he does not work hard enough. I could mention not being strong enough and i personally dont think he takes it serious enough.

He did score lots of goals, and if we could guarantee them again, i'd take him back, but i dont feel he has it in him to play in the top league in Scotland and score enough goals.

Hammer of the herts, cup winning legend, but for me we've moved on and onto better, well wanting better.

I certainly think Lennon wants better.

You cant help like him, he is a slaver when interviewed, but i do wish him all the best.
    right on the money.

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby

Coaching Staff
    Great move for JC and one which he should have made last season rather than regress and go to The Rangers. If he really wants to progress he has to prove himself in England. Same as SJM for me. If Scottish players want to improve technically and physically then England is the place to be - up against better players, playing and competing in better cup competitions, in larger arenas. Only if our young players really push themselves and compete against the best will we ever qualify for international tournaments. Far too many take the easy (and comfortable) Old Firm route in my opinion.

SJM has done his 'apprenticeship' up here with St Mirren and then ourselves, same as JC did when he was with us. They really need to move and stay down south (or abroad) for a few seasons for their careers to flourish assuming they work hard enough at it - their bank balances will be boosted either way too. SJM in particular has all the attributes to succeed in a mid/lower EPL side (and beyond).

@hibs.net private member Stevie Reid's Avatar
    Cummings is only 22 still and has scored 79 career goals. He has natural ability that can't be taught, and still plenty time to learn the things to make him a better player.

I wish him well and will watch his career with interest. Couldn't give a **** about his short term spell at the Huns, he's a Hibs legend whom I loved to watch when he was here.

Despite many of the negative and critical comments on here he's not doing too badly for a laddie who, correct me if I am wrong, was working as a Council gardener 3/4 years ago.

I personally think he has done well and I wish him all the best.

Glad I can wish him well again, now that he’s left Der Hun.

Hope he smashes league 1! On ye go wee man!

madhatter
    Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by we are hibs View Post
    People went on about kamberi and maclaren being an upgrade on stokes and Murray. I think they were both an upgrade on Cummings too.
    They were. Kamberi and Maclaren were the best partnership I'd seen at ER since Riordan and O'Connor. Goal scoring rate, contribution to build up play and overall contribution to the team are their strengths, Cummings, Murray and Stokes were/are all guilty of poor performances and disappearing from games. Kamberi contributes to the team even when he isn't scoring, don't think that was something Cummings excelled at.

I may be wrong but I actually think Shaw is a bigger prospect than Cummings. Shaw, if he fills out a bit more, seems to have the height and strength to hold up the ball and win headers. He has also shown that he can be clinical. Early days but I think Shaw has a bright future. Shaw, F. Murray and Porteous all look very promising. Mackie at LB is another.

You cannot watch the "Time for Heroes" DVD and have anything but love for JC.

I'm glad his Ibrox aberration is at an end.

Stokes is far better than Cummings never mind Kamberi. We've definitely upgraded.

Quote Originally Posted by madhatter View Post
    They were. Kamberi and Maclaren were the best partnership I'd seen at ER since Riordan and O'Connor. Goal scoring rate, contribution to build up play and overall contribution to the team are their strengths, Cummings, Murray and Stokes were/are all guilty of poor performances and disappearing from games. Kamberi contributes to the team even when he isn't scoring, don't think that was something Cummings excelled at.

I may be wrong but I actually think Shaw is a bigger prospect than Cummings. Shaw, if he fills out a bit more, seems to have the height and strength to hold up the ball and win headers. He has also shown that he can be clinical. Early days but I think Shaw has a bright future. Shaw, F. Murray and Porteous all look very promising. Mackie at LB is another.

Shaw is still very raw imo. He has proven he knows where the back of the net is but I still think he needs to improve his overall play. I agree that he's slightly lightweight and hopefully bulks up a wee bit although hopefully not too much that it affects how sharp he is when shooting. I think mcginn bulked up too much last season and lost half a yard of pace. He tried to spent too much time shielding the ball trying to show how strong he is rather than doing what we done best in 15/16 and drive with the ball and that's when he was so hard to get off the ball.