hibs.net Messageboard

Page 204 of 497 FirstFirst ... 104154194202203204205206214254304 ... LastLast
Results 6,091 to 6,120 of 14907
    Left by mutual consent!
    Blog Entries
    If Scott Allan comes off the bench for Celtic once the league starts does that make him cup tied for league games?

2. Log in to remove the advert

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by porthibbie View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    This is what I like to hear from Hibs.

Club chief executive Leeann Dempster said last month: "John's value to me is in the team. That was his value last year and the year before.
    "If John doesn't go in this transfer window then I won't be disappointed, Neil won't be disappointed and the supporters won't be disappointed.
    "We don't live and die by transfer fees, if we were to receive a transfer fee of some significance for a player then that would be welcomed and that is balanced by the effect it would have on the team.
    How dare she? This flies in the face of the numerous folk on here who seem to be convinced that Celtic’s financial war of attrition will win in the end. Good for you LD.

Quote Originally Posted by My_Wife_Camille View Post
    If Scott Allan comes off the bench for Celtic once the league starts does that make him cup tied for league games?
    Stop it you!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Club chief executive Leeann Dempster said last month: "John's value to me is in the team. That was his value last year and the year before.
    "If John doesn't go in this transfer window then I won't be disappointed, Neil won't be disappointed and the supporters won't be disappointed.
    "We don't live and die by transfer fees, if we were to receive a transfer fee of some significance for a player then that would be welcomed and that is balanced by the effect it would have on the team.
    She doesn't say that John McGinn won't be disappointed.

@hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    Few Celtc fans giving it the “we’ll just take him on a pre contract in January then” patter because we aren’t just bending over and accepting their clubs low bids for our best player. They are such an easy to despise set of supporters.
    World's best fans, they copied it off the world's best fans.

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby

As weird as this sounds, I will be. I love John McGinn but if he's not going to sign up then I want us to do some business this window. I don't want us to get zero for him next summer and have weeks of "will he won't he sign" until he's announced. Or worse is announced in January and we spend nearly 6 months watching him knowing where he's off too. Every shanked shot, misplaced pass, or if he pulled out a tackle would be met with a "oh ffs McGinn, why don't you just go to Celtic Park now" people will pretend that won't happen but it will.

I love John McGinn and would rather we said goodbye to him now with something in our pockets to help us replace him than see us get nothing for him, or worse nearly ruin the love we all have for him.

Whatever happens I just hope we have a winning team on the park.

I'm loving this. It was the same when The Rangers we're sniffing around Scott Allan. We are no pushovers under Dempster. Pay up Celtic or do one.

@hibs.net private member Gerard's Avatar
    I am confident we will get the fair valuation for selling SJM

Quote Originally Posted by .KingDomofFife. View Post
    I'm loving this. It was the same when The Rangers we're sniffing around Scott Allan. We are no pushovers under Dempster. Pay up Celtic or do one.
    Spot on. Feels good being able to trust the club in these situations nowadays.

@hibs.net private member Callum_62's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Wii Code: 0083-4364-6418-4974
    Can someone with more knowledge of how transfers transpire tell me why we have these crappy bids going in?

Surely celtic have an idea on what we want?

Surely there has been dialogue between tye clubs

Or does one club just bid blind?

madhatter
    Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Callum_62 View Post
    Can someone with more knowledge of how transfers transpire tell me why we have these crappy bids going in?

Surely celtic have an idea on what we want?

Surely there has been dialogue between tye clubs

Or does one club just bid blind?

They want him cheap and are trying to force Hibs' hand. They think because McGinn only has 1 year left they can force us to accept scraps. Maybe they will increase their offer to a "scramble" next...

@hibs.net private member JohnM1875's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: johnmac1875
    Think it's a big risk from Celtic. Seems like they aren't willing to pay what we're asking for and might be banking on signing SJM on a pre-contract in January. With all the rumored interest you can guarantee they won't be the only club to offer him a contract. And on higher wages as well.

By going public they’re pleasing their fans by showing their trying to strengthen their squad & also hoping that SJM will hand in a transfer request

@hibs.net private member weecounty hibby's Avatar
    I'm slowly getting to the stage where if they don't meet our valuation we should keep him for the season. I'm sure he is professional enough to still give his all for us and understand the reasons for not selling. They are parasites who have fed off other clubs for years with this kind of crap. Every bit as loathsome as the Hun!

madhatter
    Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by bod View Post
    By going public they’re pleasing their fans by showing their trying to strengthen their squad & also hoping that SJM will hand in a transfer request
    Most Celtic fans seem to want Celtic to stop bidding and then simply get him free. Most seem to think he is garbage as well and would be nothing more than a back-up player, similar to Christie and Allan. Most do not seem convinced he'd strengthen their squad at all.

That's precisely why Hibs need to get as much money as possible. Celtic fans thought Brown was rubbish and then he became their club captain, invaluable to them, bought from us again on the cheap. We need something in the region of 3m, they know it and they don't want to pay it.

I doubt McGinn would put in a transfer request. Hope I'm right.

hfc rd
    Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by weecounty hibby View Post
    I'm slowly getting to the stage where if they don't meet our valuation we should keep him for the season. I'm sure he is professional enough to still give his all for us and understand the reasons for not selling. They are parasites who have fed off other clubs for years with this kind of crap. Every bit as loathsome as the Hun!

An English club might come in for SJM and meet Hibs’ asking price. That’s when Celtic will crap themselves and know if they want him, they need to pay the money we are asking for.

On the McGinn offers - at this stage you'd trust the club and Dempster in particular.

Either they're confident a better deal can be extracted from Celtic OR another club will come in with a proper offer (much like the scenario where we rebuffed the hun on Allan last time) OR they're willing to keep him for the season regardless of the cash.

I highly doubt the latter btw but they're either happy to do that or incredibly confident of one of the first two coming to pass.

What I strongly suspect is that this will be a complex deal, much as other more knowledgeable types have suggested, involving some cash, Allan coming the other way and quite possibly another loanee from Celtic. If some of the money is earmarked for MacLaren this could well be the single pivotal deal of our transfer window.

Keep hearing that ‘because he only has a year left we won’t eat what we want’ etc, surely if Celtic want him right now then the length of his contract doesn’t matter. It only becomes an issue if they feel they won’t lose him between now and next summer, they have better in now so don’t need him etc. The fact they’ve come with a second bid tells me they really want him now, so either they pay up properly or they sit and wait a year.

Quote Originally Posted by ivan03 View Post
    Simon Murray going to Australia I’m hearing.
    Straight swap for Maclaren?

@hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar
    The best outcome for Hibs would be keep McGinn for the year, have him sign an extension for a couple of years and then after another good season in the top flight JM would have his pick of the clubs next season

Best outcome would be English team buy him and loan him back to us for the season

@hibs.net private member Heisenberg's Avatar
    Lennon has said we aren’t any closer to getting Horgan signed.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jones28 View Post
    The best outcome for Hibs would be keep McGinn for the year, have him sign an extension for a couple of years and then after another good season in the top flight JM would have his pick of the clubs next season
    To be honest I'm not really sure another season at Hibs would help John that much. He's already won a trophy, played a good few times for Scotland and had a season in the top flight. Unless we get to the Europa League group stage (very unlikely) then I just don't think there is much more he can accomplish with us that would make him more attractive to an English team.

As much as I'm desperate to keep him, I think it makes sense for his career to move this summer.

@hibs.net private member Greenworld's Avatar
    I find it strange no English clubs have made a move yet.
    3 or 4 million is sweeties for a player of his class I don't get it .

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by 007 View Post
    Straight swap for Maclaren?
    😂😂😂

Left by mutual consent! calumhibee1's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by neil7908 View Post
    To be honest I'm not really sure another season at Hibs would help John that much. He's already won a trophy, played a good few times for Scotland and had a season in the top flight. Unless we get to the Europa League group stage (very unlikely) then I just don't think there is much more he can accomplish with us that would make him more attractive to an English team.

As much as I'm desperate to keep him, I think it makes sense for his career to move this summer.
    Agreed. He’s not going to improve much if at all by staying here another year. Not that I’d be complaining though.

@hibs.net private member superfurryhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by neil7908 View Post

He could set himself the target of playing to an excellent standard consistently, something he didn’t quite manage last season. I felt McGinn, for all his effort, didn’t always impose himself enough on teams.

As for English teams, who knows. I’m sure he would be a useful addition to any English championship squad right now. Maybe offers will come again ( Forest supposedly were after him last summer).

if Celtic keep coming in with low offers they will miss out on a gem of a player!!,I'm sure he will be watched in tonight's game, and although it's still officially quiet from down south he will be high up on a few teams transfer targets for the summer,he should sign an extension to his contract if not. higher wage wee sign on fee an extra year,surely nothing to lose in doing that,?? I'm being too optimistic tho.

@hibs.net private member HibbyKeith's Avatar
    For all we know a deal could be agreed and Hibs dont want to conclude it until the euro tie is out the way and we have completed our negotiations over Maclaren. I dont imagine the board fancy the goal posts being moved on them if Darmstadt find out we just recieved x amount for our star player.

Its all guess work of course. I just cant wait for the next couple of weeks to pass and we can finally see where we're at. Its like a will he wont he re-run of what we just went through with McGeough.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member
    If they don’t pay up he stays. In January he becomes eligible to sign a pre contract with anyone for next season. If I was SJM agent I’d be telling him to sit tight let his contract run out and have the pick of clubs willing to pay him £25k a week as a free signing. By being a free agent his next contract could set him up for life