hibs.net Messageboard

Page 178 of 497 FirstFirst ... 78128168176177178179180188228278 ... LastLast
Results 5,311 to 5,340 of 14907
    Quote Originally Posted by Wilson View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I keep reading this line and I think it's bollocks.

The draw has been kind so you try and take advantage of it. We won't win the tournament but the financial incentive for making the group stages is massive for our club.

We might be in a better place in terms of squad strength next season but draw tougher teams. We may not qualify at all - certainly it isn't going to be easier to qualify this season.

We shouldn't talk lightly about Europe like it's an opportunity we are guaranteed eery year.
    I think it’s somewhere in between Wilson and Blackpoolhibs has said it spot on already in this thread

We need to make sure our signings are of the quality that get us into Europe much more regularly. Therefore if it means they are not in in time for Europe it’s a price to pay this once. As long as they do come in!

At the same time we do have a good draw so an opportunity is there. Our current squad should be more than good enough for the first tie 👍

2. Log in to remove the advert

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by johncrobertson@ View Post
    Liam Henderson training with Hibs at East Mains at Neil Lennon’s invitation
    I'm away to put on the Bee Gees version of Heartbreaker.

@hibs.net private member One Day Soon's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: 4 PSN ID: 6 Wii Code: 5
    Quote Originally Posted by Speedway View Post
    Too many to mention.
    Wait a minute, I thought we were all fat hertz twats on here impersonating peg sellers to pass the time?

Just me?

Quote Originally Posted by DexterStJock View Post
    Even though this is probably pish..

Haymaker.. DO YOUR THING.
    No.

Ok

Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by Blaster View Post
    I think it’s somewhere in between Wilson and Blackpoolhibs has said it spot on already in this thread

We need to make sure our signings are of the quality that get us into Europe much more regularly. Therefore if it means they are not in in time for Europe it’s a price to pay this once. As long as they do come in!

At the same time we do have a good draw so an opportunity is there. Our current squad should be more than good enough for the first tie ��

Boyle being fit again and signing a keeper are for me the two most important things for this round. Boyle's speed and continuing our strong defence from last season should be more than enough to see this through

For the Greek team we will need more to stand a chance, but am sure we will see some new faces in the next week, giving them a couple of weeks to gel with those already here.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Haymaker View Post
    No.

Ok
    Kids and their emojis

Quote Originally Posted by Nicho87 View Post
    And is it as strong as last game of the season?

No where near imo.
    We turned our okay squad into an excellent squad in February by bringing in 3 loan players. We have already brought one of them in on a permanent deal and stated that we are working to secure the other 2 permanently. However, due to circumstances beyond Hibs control it is going to be difficult to get these players back early in the window.

Otherwise we have lost another loanee who it has to be said missed most of the end of the season when we apparently had our best squad for years. We are even looking at getting him back on loan but that would always be much later in the window as most loans are.

Yes we lost Dylan and may well lose Super John. Efforts were made to keep Dylan but to no avail and the club are trying to play out the transfer saga of McGinn to our best advantage. It looks like Mallan is lined up and maybe a couple of others but we need to see what pans out with McGinn before the rest falls into place.

Indeed, we might surprise ourselves with the money we get for John and be able to aim a little higher for a replacement.

Frustrating? Absolutely, but with the players still at the club we should be able to negotiate the first European tie. No significant signings at this point should not be an adequate excuse.

Think a few folk should calm down on here.

Btw, congratulations on the new baby.

@hibs.net private member Heisenberg's Avatar
    Henderson just training to keep fit. Returning to Italy next week.

http://ow.ly/yevg30kODYj

Kids and their emojis
    Very true!

Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by SquashedFrogg View Post
    I think a barometer is what other big, ambitious clubs are doing. Little activity at present because good players tend to hold off.

Wee teams mop up loads of gash players who are desperate for a contract.

It'll all come good.

Europe is a 'nice to have' but not a priority right now.

No, a barometer is a device for measuring atmospheric pressure.

Quote Originally Posted by One Day Soon View Post
    No, a barometer is a device for measuring atmospheric pressure.
    But that's not important right now.

Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Wilson View Post
    But that's not important right now.

Kids and their emojis
    Mature, sensible signature required for responsible position. Good prospects for the right candidate. Apply within.

Quote Originally Posted by Eyrie View Post
    😂

We might be slower than other clubs in getting our business done, but we're getting the right quality and it's arriving in time for the competitive fixtures.

After tomorrow we'll have kept Kamberi, replaced McGeouch and Barker with Mallan and Horgan, expect to bring back Allan and will only need to replace Maclaren, who could yet be back. So we're looking close to the same squad that did well for us last year.

Only slight fly in the ointment is the probable sale of McGinn, but we knew that would happen.
    Mature, sensible signature required for responsible position. Good prospects for the right candidate. Apply within.

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by B.H.F.C View Post
    Don’t think Neil Lennon would agree about Europe. He’s been very clear in what he wants to do in that competition. There is no point in bursting a gut for 9 months to qualify then just treating it as something that’s just nice whilst you’re in it.

I am 100% with you re: Europe. We’re in it so we have to give it our best shot.

I’m also relaxed about our recruitment. We’ve got a really good bunch of players. Yes the squad is a bit light but that’s not a concern at this time. I hope guys like Danny Swanson are busting a gut right now to prove themselves.

We’ve also got a great development team who have won trophies. Time for some of the kids to step up, no?

I’m sure we’ll strengthen the squad over the summer but we’ve also got transfer speculation re: SJM to deal with.

I wonder if the people fretting over a lack of new faces are the same folk who are also telling Celtc to stick their £1.5m offer? You can’t have it both ways - either you do quick business or you hold out for a better offer.

Signing mediocre players is of no interest to me. We seem to have lined up Mallan but maybe that deal is dependent on something else happening?

No need to panic just now.

Quote Originally Posted by Tug Wilson View Post
    We turned our okay squad into an excellent squad in February by bringing in 3 loan players. We have already brought one of them in on a permanent deal and stated that we are working to secure the other 2 permanently. However, due to circumstances beyond Hibs control it is going to be difficult to get these players back early in the window.

Otherwise we have lost another loanee who it has to be said missed most of the end of the season when we apparently had our best squad for years. We are even looking at getting him back on loan but that would always be much later in the window as most loans are.

Yes we lost Dylan and may well lose Super John. Efforts were made to keep Dylan but to no avail and the club are trying to play out the transfer saga of McGinn to our best advantage. It looks like Mallan is lined up and maybe a couple of others but we need to see what pans out with McGinn before the rest falls into place.

Indeed, we might surprise ourselves with the money we get for John and be able to aim a little higher for a replacement.

Frustrating? Absolutely, but with the players still at the club we should be able to negotiate the first European tie. No significant signings at this point should not be an adequate excuse.

Think a few folk should calm down on here.

Btw, congratulations on the new baby.
    Appreciate that 👍

We desperately need a tackler/defensive midfielder imo as can see Bartley leaving.

Unless this will be Whittikars role

@hibs.net private member KinchHibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Unseen work View Post
    We desperately need a tackler/defensive midfielder imo as can see Bartley leaving.

Unless this will be Whittikars role
    Given how in and out of the team Bartley is, Scott Martin should be his replacement. Cheap, homegrown and hasn't let anyone down when given his chance previously.

That being said I'd be gutted at Bartley leaving. The big man just gets us. Can see him joining Stubbs at St Mirren though sadly.

Quote Originally Posted by SquashedFrogg View Post
    Not based on club strategy. It's a nice to have to not priority I can assure you

???

Where do you get this from?

Europe is very much part of the strategy, as said publicly by LD and of course affirmed by Lenny.

We want to progress and it’s very much a club target.

Quote Originally Posted by Nicho87 View Post
    😂😂 Fair play.

Got a new 3 week old baby.

Baby brain

Congratulations and best wishes to you and your family.

Quote Originally Posted by Bairn View Post
    Given how in and out of the team Bartley is, Scott Martin should be his replacement. Cheap, homegrown and hasn't let anyone down when given his chance previously.

That being said I'd be gutted at Bartley leaving. The big man just gets us. Can see him joining Stubbs at St Mirren though sadly.
    Would disagree with that. Have a feeling Bartley might leave but if he does, it needs to be because we have an upgrade on him. I don’t think Scott Martin is an upgrade.

Quote Originally Posted by O'Rourke3 View Post
    Not pompous just stupid. Every new signing incl Scott Brown not good enough...wait a while and these were legends, always knew, never in doubt etc. Hate putting words in mouths but by pompous did you really mean condescending? More my experience with the lessers

Sent from my F8331 using Tapatalk
    Pompous can mean exactly that, stupid and condescending.

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    Henderson just training to keep fit. Returning to Italy next week.

http://ow.ly/yevg30kODYj
    £115k bargain Good luck to Liam

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member SouthMoroccoStu's Avatar
    Tam McManus on Twitter reporting that we’ll sign Stevie Mallan today having agreed a fee with Barnsley

I've been wanting Hibs to sign Mallan for a year or so now. Think he's what we have been missing from midfield, the ability to chip in with goals.
    3 quality signings so far Lenny, keep it up.

@hibs.net private member Greenworld's Avatar
    Birmingham possibly in for j mcginn the more the better

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Eyrie View Post
    We might be slower than other clubs in getting our business done, but we're getting the right quality and it's arriving in time for the competitive fixtures.

After tomorrow we'll have kept Kamberi, replaced McGeouch and Barker with Mallan and Horgan, expect to bring back Allan and will only need to replace Maclaren, who could yet be back. So we're looking close to the same squad that did well for us last year.

Only slight fly in the ointment is the probable sale of McGinn, but we knew that would happen.
    Good summary that...if we do manage to get Jamie Mac and Scotty Allan back it will indeed go down as one of our best summer windows imo - fingers crossed 🤞

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Souter96Mac View Post
    I've been wanting Hibs to sign Mallan for a year or so now. Think he's what we have been missing from midfield, the ability to chip in with goals.
    3 quality signings so far Lenny, keep it up.
    Good to see him coming in if he is what we were missing, but now the other 3 are missing ...so who replaces them ...?