hibs.net Messageboard

Page 160 of 497 FirstFirst ... 60110150158159160161162170210260 ... LastLast
Results 4,771 to 4,800 of 14907
    Quote Originally Posted by hfc rd View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    What if Celtic did indeed come in with an offer of £3M plus Allan included in a permanent deal. Then an English Prem/Champ side and in with an offer in the region £4.5M-£5M? Celtic state that if we don’t give them McGinn, we can forget about Allan.

Would you be happy to accept the lower offer just so we get Allan plus a fair bit of cash over the extra money we get from an English club.
    Yes. Allan is a top, top player for us. We couldn't buy better in our budget in my opinion.

2. Log in to remove the advert

madhatter
    Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by keep the faith View Post
    I reckon 2M plus Allan will be the reality.
    A 2.5M total deal for a player in the last year of his contract is sadly a very good deal for us.
    What makes Allan worth 500k?

Should be 3M

Sounds like it could be a busy week transfer wise! McGinn out, Allan, Mallan, Horgan in?

madhatter
    Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by hfc rd View Post
    What if Celtic did indeed come in with an offer of £3M plus Allan included in a permanent deal. Then an English Prem/Champ side and in with an offer in the region £4.5M-£5M? Celtic state that if we don’t give them McGinn, we can forget about Allan.

Would you be happy to accept the lower offer just so we get Allan plus a fair bit of cash over the extra money we get from an English club.
    Sell down south, easy answer! £5m and he doesn't play against us! Nothing against Allan but Hibs can't underestimate an extra million or two!

hfc rd
    Left by mutual consent!
    £4.5M-£5M is absolute peanuts to the clubs down in England. When you consider the amount of money that is continuously getting pumped into the English game by the likes of Sky and other rich income sources, I’m sure if we were to ask for that sort of fee, the Championship clubs and the lower league Prem clubs would not flinch at that price.

Yes. Allan is a top, top player for us. We couldn't buy better in our budget in my opinion.
    I agree with that. We couldn't go out and get an Allan with the extra money.

Quote Originally Posted by madhatter View Post
    What makes Allan worth 500k?
    He will be worth way more than that but at this point prob .5m is realistic.

Dig our heels in and get someone on loan too. We did brilliantly getting Dylan permanently and Henderson on loan when Celtic signed Allan. Something similar would be great business

Quote Originally Posted by davhibby View Post
    Dig our heels in and get someone on loan too. We did brilliantly getting Dylan permanently and Henderson on loan when Celtic signed Allan. Something similar would be great business
    I thought that had been quoted before with that Michael Johnson

madhatter
    Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Centre Hawf View Post
    I agree with that. We couldn't go out and get an Allan with the extra money.
    Build a better team without Allan or sacrifice everything to get Allan...I know what I'd decide. Nothing against Allan but I want to see a successful team and I can tell everyone right now unless we get two solid centre mids this summer then we will have a shocking season, regardless of Allan being here or not.

McGeouch and McGinn leaving is two massive blows in the core of our team.

Allan gives us creativity up top and he is very talented but without the solidity behind him and players who can get the ball to him, he's wasted hence he wasn't great at Dundee.

Celtc are taking the piss as usual with a cheapskate bid for a player from one of their Scottish rivals. If he's good enough to play for them, then he's good enough to be paid for properly.

I'd want £2.5m plus Allan, who is probably worth only £100k with a year left on his contract and no chance of actually playing for Celtc which hurts his value.

But unless we get an offer from England then I see us settling for £2m plus Allan and maybe another player on loan.
    Mature, sensible signature required for responsible position. Good prospects for the right candidate. Apply within.

Quote Originally Posted by Hibernia&Alba View Post
    McGinn will sign for Celtic, no doubt about it; and it's a double blow, after losing McGeough.
    It really is a huge blow....we knew it was coming but it hurts seeing these 2 leave

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Build a better team without Allan or sacrifice everything to get Allan...I know what I'd decide. Nothing against Allan but I want to see a successful team and I can tell everyone right now unless we get two solid centre mids this summer then we will have a shocking season, regardless of Allan being here or not.

Allan gives us creativity up top and he is very talented but without the solidity behind him and players who can get the ball to him, he's wasted hence he wasn't great at Dundee.
    My thoughts exactly 👍

@hibs.net private member Stuart93's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Eyrie View Post
    Celtc are taking the piss as usual with a cheapskate bid for a player from one of their Scottish rivals. If he's good enough to play for them, then he's good enough to be paid for properly.

I'd want £2.5m plus Allan, who is probably worth only £100k with a year left on his contract and no chance of actually playing for Celtc.

But unless we get an offer from England then I see us settling for £2m plus Allan and maybe another player on loan.
    At this point I'd probably take that, only worry is if we accept a bid that Lennon isn't happy with, I don't expect him to keep quiet about it.

Mcginn was always going this transfer window... Lets get all we can for him and look forward to seeing what Slivka can do a player i can't wait to watch more regularly next season

@hibs.net private member
    Sell down south, easy answer! £5m and he doesn't play against us! Nothing against Allan but Hibs can't underestimate an extra million or two!
    That’s totally correct EXCEPT he doesn’t need to sign for a club down south if he’s wanting to sign for Celtic, no matter what they offer. I’ve been saying for a while now that a member of his family is adamant he wants to sign for Celtic.

If he does sign for a club down south then i’ll Eat humble pie, but me thinks he wants to go to Parkhead, from what I’ve been told.

GGTTH

Haha! You would rather a couple of steady midfielders?? Scotty Allan tearing defences apart and getting me off my seat any day of the week.
    Mallan and Slivka alongside him with boyler and another winger is way more than good enough in midfield.

Quote Originally Posted by EH54 View Post
    Mcginn was always going this transfer window... Lets get all we can for him and look forward to seeing what Slivka can do a player i can't wait to watch more regularly next season
    Sorry mate but slivka imo is no replacement for McGinn...he's a decent player yes but not on same level as SJM...we need a couple of midfielders IN and that's not including Allan. Dylan and SJM need replacing if we are even thinking about top 4 again

@hibs.net private member bingo70's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Stuart93 View Post
    At this point I'd probably take that, only worry is if we accept a bid that Lennon isn't happy with, I don't expect him to keep quiet about it.
    Yes but I think Lennon will be involved in the decision making process.

We don’t need to sell to balance the books so Lennon will get the final say, or at the very least he’ll be consulted imo.

Celtic know how much we want Allan, they also know how much Allan wants to be here which puts them in a very strong position for negotiating his worth.

However if we sold Mcginn down south for say 5 million which is very unlikely.

If it comes to the end of the window and Allan is still there Celtic will want rid

Who else will want Allan? Scottish teams or Sunderland going by how Ross has went about his business.

Needs to be 3million (minimum) + Allan for me. Anything less and I will be very disappointed.

They cannot say Allan is worth much as they've never played him and he hasn't been capped.

We need the £££ almost more than Allan. If 33% is going to St Mirren and if we need to potentially get 2 centre mids of equal talent to McGinn and McGeouch...we need the money.
    The last paragraph is it in a Nutshell We need to play hardball ,but be mindful he can sign a pre contract with them in January
    Still struggling to see how Lewis Morgan would get much game time with Celtic this Season

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Haha! You would rather a couple of steady midfielders?? Scotty Allan tearing defences apart and getting me off my seat any day of the week.
    Mallan and Slivka alongside him with boyler and another winger is way more than good enough in midfield.
    That midfield would get battered defensively. Not a tackle in any of them

Quote Originally Posted by Borderhibbie76 View Post
    Sorry mate but slivka imo is no replacement for McGinn...he's a decent player yes but not on same level as SJM...we need a couple of midfielders IN and that's not including Allan. Dylan and SJM need replacing if we are even thinking about top 4 again

We will see i agree but i dont think were that far off i dont see anyone outside the top 4 building anything better than us going by reports who were linked with . I think Slivka is going to surprise a few next season

Quote Originally Posted by Borderhibbie76 View Post

Reality is we aren’t going to get someone to replace McGinn who is at his level. It’ll need to be someone that we can develop. Lennon said when Slivka signed that he would take a while to adapt so hopefully he can kick on. The way the team plays might have to change a bit.

madhatter
    Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by southern hibby View Post
    That’s totally correct EXCEPT he doesn’t need to sign for a club down south if he’s wanting to sign for Celtic, no matter what they offer. I’ve been saying for a while now that a member of his family is adamant he wants to sign for Celtic.

If he does sign for a club down south then i’ll Eat humble pie, but me thinks he wants to go to Parkhead, from what I’ve been told.

GGTTH
    That's totally correct as well EXCEPT if a team down south goes "we'll give you £20-30,000 a week" then regardless of family ties etc. he will be tempted. I expect him to sign for Celtic as well but all that proves really is Hibs hold the cards, tell McGinn "you are not going to Celtic unless they offer us something decent" then phone Celtic and tell them "**** off". I find it quite funny that this was McGinn's worst season at Hibs (in my eyes), and yet this is the time of "interest".

I don't know how anyone can say Slivka won't step up to the mark when he's barely started 2 games in a row

@hibs.net private member
    That's totally correct as well EXCEPT if a team down south goes "we'll give you £20-30,000 a week" then regardless of family ties etc. he will be tempted. I expect him to sign for Celtic as well but all that proves really is Hibs hold the cards, tell McGinn "you are not going to Celtic unless they offer us something decent" then phone Celtic and tell them "**** off". I find it quite funny that this was McGinn's worst season at Hibs (in my eyes), and yet this is the time of "interest".
    the cards are in mcginns hands..... he could just say okay hibs. waits and signs a pre contract with them. he would need to sign a new deal. hope I am wrong and hope he signs a new deal or goes to England for millions...

madhatter
    Left by mutual consent!
    A midfield of Allan, Mallan, Slivka, Boyle and another winger? So we playing 5 in midfield who all barring Slivka cannot tackle (even Slivka being questionable in that department). Against bottom 6 sides that's ok but against top 6 we would get destroyed.

Also, McGeouch and McGinn steady midfielders? Come on now...

Quote Originally Posted by we are hibs View Post
    I don't know how anyone can say Slivka won't step up to the mark when he's barely started 2 games in a row
    Alternatively, hard how anyone can say he will step up to the mark.

Fwiw I think he’s a good player although I’m not sure what his best position is, probably as part of a 3 in midfield. His main asset to me is he likes to get in the box and had the fitness to do so, wouldn’t be my first choice in the number 10 though.

Hopefully he improves, takes games by the scruff or the neck more and has a good season for us.