hibs.net Messageboard

Page 15 of 497 FirstFirst ... 513141516172565115 ... LastLast
    @hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Thecat23 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Not knocking Fyvie but I think we could do better.

I’m convinced we would have won the League Cup in 2016 if Fyvie or Dylan had been available for the final. Instead we played Katie and - bless him - he worked hard but couldn’t offer anything to our attacking play at all.

Would the season have finished in such glory though? Did the league cup and league disappointments push us just that little bit harder for the Scottish Cup?

Who knows?!

I liked Fyvie but not sure we should go back. Assuming SJM goes but Slivka stays, we really need someone who can play that ‘quarter back’ role for us... another Dylan or Boozy. Fyvie isn’t that.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by Blaster View Post
    Hemmings for Mclaren
    Kenny Miller for Simon Murray

Oli Shaw and Kamberi. I’d take that 4 for next season
    Hemmings, Oli Shaw, MacLaren and Kamberi would be my preferred 4

A couple of things bothering me Re kamberi....

A couple of things i have been bothering me about the Kamberi situation. 1st. Has he or is he likely to be picked for the world cup squad? I do not think the Swiss squad has been named. I know he has played u20's and 21's.

2nd and the one that is more strange than worrying in a way is that this agent (agent_players_qatar200) has been hovering around kemberi, once asking him if he fancied playing in the UAE. He was told to stick his contract up his arse, over on instagram, I guess by hibs fans. Kamberi never answered and I thought the guy was probably a walter mitty but who knows and the money they can throw about is probably stupid amounts.

I am more Bothered about the coverage Kamberi would get at the world cup if he plays as he has been - I wish the guy the best but I do not want anything getting in Hibs way.

Left by mutual consent!
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mcfly View Post
    This is a guy who has won a Scottish Cup and FA cup and you say he’s no good enough.

Oh dear
    I had as much of an impact on that FA Cup final as Fyvie did

Im more worried that we might lose bartley.... not heard anything but he was left out the derby then publicly slated lennon for calling the team amateurs ....slated might be a bit strong but you get the jist of it

Quote Originally Posted by CRAZYHIBBY View Post
    Im more worried that we might lose bartley.... not heard anything but he was left out the derby then publicly slated lennon for calling the team amateurs ....slated might be a bit strong but you get the jist of it
    Funny I’m the same, not heard anything or that but I’ve a feeling he may move on this summer. Hope not as we need a player like him in the squad for certain games. Horses for courses so to speak!

He won’t play against the Hamilton’s or Partick’s but against Celtic or Hearts he can be brilliant for us and help the defence.

Elephant Stone
    Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by CRAZYHIBBY View Post
    He's an underrated player and I reeeeally hope he stays.

Quote Originally Posted by andybev1 View Post
    A couple of things i have been bothering me about the Kamberi situation. 1st. Has he or is he likely to be picked for the world cup squad? I do not think the Swiss squad has been named. I know he has played u20's and 21's.

2nd and the one that is more strange than worrying in a way is that this agent (agent_players_qatar200) has been hovering around kemberi, once asking him if he fancied playing in the UAE. He was told to stick his contract up his arse, over on instagram, I guess by hibs fans. Kamberi never answered and I thought the guy was probably a walter mitty but who knows and the money they can throw about is probably stupid amounts.

I am more Bothered about the coverage Kamberi would get at the world cup if he plays as he has been - I wish the guy the best but I do not want anything getting in Hibs way.
    As well as he did for us I'd be amazed if his form with us gets him in the Switzerland squad for the World Cup.

The biggest barrier with Flo, as it will be for us with any player who will improve us will be whether or not we have the £££££££££££££

Quote Originally Posted by andybev1 View Post
    Rangers are looking to sign Cummings - I would say that is a good thing looking at the way he played on sunday.
    I thought he played ok on Sunday.

He was a bit isolated at times but managed to give Efe a few problems.

The problem with Cummings is I still don't know how to get the best from him. He's clearly a good player, gets goals and causes teams problems but can't play up front on his own and can't form much of a partnership with anyone.

First Team Breakthrough my left peg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bingo70 View Post
    Think Dundee Utd’s form also nose dived when he got injured.
    Watched him boss the midfield at east end park earlier in the season,scored a great goal as well.....not saying we should sign him though!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member overdrive's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Blaster View Post
    Hemmings for Mclaren
    Kenny Miller for Simon Murray

Oli Shaw and Kamberi. I’d take that 4 for next season
    We’d also have Allan in reserve as well (he seems to have been preferred to Shaw on the bench recently as well).

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by overdrive View Post
    We’d also have Allan in reserve as well (he seems to have been preferred to Shaw on the bench recently as well).
    Shaw is carrying an injury, that’s why he hasn’t been quoted much. Picked up just before Youth Cup Final, should never have played that night, but put in 90 mins to help Hibs win it!

Quote Originally Posted by Smartie View Post
    I thought he played ok on Sunday.

He was a bit isolated at times but managed to give Efe a few problems.

The problem with Cummings is I still don't know how to get the best from him. He's clearly a good player, gets goals and causes teams problems but can't play up front on his own and can't form much of a partnership with anyone.

I think if he can click with someone then he might be off and running. I do think he is a good player but think he might be struggling for confidence after his stint in England but maybe if Gerrard puts his faith in him he might get back to where he was with us.

I was reminded a couple of times of the lazyness that used to drive the Hibs fans mad, no drive to chase the ball after he failed to control it - just stopped trying.

@hibs.net private member
    Not that we’re going for him but was over in Portugal for the William ll
    Game and a player that really impressed me was a boy called Dan Crawley. Started his career at Aston Villa then went to Arsenal and then out on loan to Several clubs down south. Then over to Holland and guess what William ll has loaned him out too.

This aside he had a stormer of a game against McGinn and never once took the ball passed him but played to left or right then ran passed McGinn and then got the ball back. Brought his team forward every time he had the ball and I ( only seen him in one game ) think he could fill Mcgeough’s roll.

Played under 21’ s for both England and ROI and I do feel that this lad can go on to have a good career. Thought he was man of the match in Portugal by a country mile. As for getting him affording him probably never happen but he’d be on my shopping list.

GGTTH

Testimonial Due Billychaotic182's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Billy Chaotic PSN ID: BillyChaotic
    Kane Hemmings is being reported

@hibs.net private member GordonHFC's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Billychaotic182 View Post
    What's he done?

Quote Originally Posted by GordonHFC View Post
    What's he done?
    Impersonated a footballer.........

Quote Originally Posted by Billychaotic182 View Post
    Naw just naw

Testimonial Due Billychaotic182's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Billy Chaotic PSN ID: BillyChaotic
    Quote Originally Posted by GordonHFC View Post
    What's he done?
    Haha sorry was writing this on sly at work. Tam McManus is reporting that we are going in for him if we can’t get flo or Jamie

My worry with Flo is that although we've agreed terms with the club, people are in his ear telling him they can net him 4/5 times a week extra what we're able to afford.

The sooner we get this one over the line the better imo

I see Fyvie has signed a new deal with Utd so that ends all the chat of wanting or not not wanting him at us.

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RIP Bestie View Post
    This testimonial from a guy who starts a thread reminding us that we shouldn't be slating players who have helped get us into the position we are in now. I would put Jason in that category.
    Double standards.
    Rocket
    Stick that rocket up yer erse, you might put him in that category, i dont. With Cummings in this team, i dont believe we'd be anywhere near 4th.

And he's a hun now, i couldn't give a toss about him.

Elephant Stone
    Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by blackpoolhibs View Post
    Stick that rocket up yer erse, you might put him in that category, i dont. With Cummings in this team, i dont believe we'd be anywhere near 4th.

And he's a hun now, i couldn't give a toss about him.
    You seem to post quite a lot about how "pish" he is for someone who doesn't give a toss.

Quote Originally Posted by underscore View Post
    We can knock the Fyvie discussion on the head...100% not being looked at by Hibs.
    Please can we...it's dull...like a repeat of last summer

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Elephant Stone View Post
    You seem to post quite a lot about how "pish" he is for someone who doesn't give a toss.
    I dont think he's pish, you are another one who see's what you want to see. I think he is a good goalscorer in the right team.

I prefer my forwards to do a bit more, Cummings and Stokes did not make a great partnership because they were too selfish.

Kamberi and McLaren are players i do like, because they work more for the team than themselves.

Elephant Stone
    Left by mutual consent!
    I dont think he's pish, you are another one who see's what you want to see. I think he is a good goalscorer in the right team.

I prefer my forwards to do a bit more, Cummings and Stokes did not make a great partnership because they were too selfish.

Kamberi and McLaren are players i do like, because they work more for the team than themselves.
    Fair enough mate. When he signed for Forest I could have sworn you said something like "he's a pish footballer who will be back playing his pish football in Scotland soon" or something like that Maybe that was in the heat of the moment or maybe it wasn't you, if so I apologise. Either way I also hope he does miserably at Rangers but I reckon he's a decent lad and I reckon he'll do OK for himself in the SPL. Completely agree that Kamberi and Maclaren are better though.

Elephant Stone
    Left by mutual consent!
    In fact I would say that Kamberi is miles better but Cummings could possibly be better than Maclaren. Either way I'm going to retire from this Cummings discussion and cease hogging this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Elephant Stone View Post
    Fair enough mate. When he signed for Forest I could have sworn you said something like "he's a pish footballer who will be back playing his pish football in Scotland soon" or something like that Maybe that was in the heat of the moment or maybe it wasn't you, if so I apologise. Either way I also hope he does miserably at Rangers but I reckon he's a decent lad and I reckon he'll do OK for himself in the SPL. Completely agree that Kamberi and Maclaren are better though.
    I have never said he was pish. i did say he'd be back up the road, and that looks to be spot on.

I have never said he was pish. i did say he'd be back up the road, and that looks to be spot on.
    Why not just say he's pish now and we can all move on ..

Quote Originally Posted by Thecat23 View Post
    I see Fyvie has signed a new deal with Utd so that ends all the chat of wanting or not not wanting him at us.
    Yeah he actually signed this 2 weeks ago