hibs.net Messageboard

Page 12 of 497 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262112 ... LastLast
    madhatter
    Left by mutual consent!
    Get thread back under control? Becoming a debate about a player we aren't even interested in.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by gaz1875 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I would rather see one of our young players being given an opportunity before Fyvie.
    Anyone in particular currently striking you as better than Fyvie?
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £2,389.68!

Quote Originally Posted by Hibbyradge View Post
    Anyone in particular currently striking you as better than Fyvie?
    Scott Martin, Fraser Murray. Given I didn't rate Fyvie very highly, I will stop with these two.

@hibs.net private member jeffers's Avatar
    I would rather see one of our young players being given an opportunity before Fyvie.
    Like I said I'm not suggesting we sign him, and I was either way about him staying I am just making the point that when he was on his game he was a decent player.

Testimonial Due
    Even if it made us a worse team as a result?

Quote Originally Posted by jeffers View Post
    Like I said I'm not suggesting we sign him, and I was either way about him staying I am just making the point that when he was on his game he was a decent player.
    He had a good spell got injured and was never the same. Happens to lots of players unfortunately.

Quote Originally Posted by SouthsideHarp_Bhoy View Post
    Even if it made us a worse team as a result?
    How would we know unless we try them?

He had a good spell got injured and was never the same. Happens to lots of players unfortunately.
    Don't disagree, he didn't get back to the same level of performance but that doesn't mean he wasnt a decent player and couldn't have got back to that level. And I can't believe I'm arguing this as like I said I wasn't that bothered that he left.

Quote Originally Posted by IGRIGI View Post
    Fyvie was never as bad as some are making out and I was quite disappointed not to keep him on.

Would I target him now? Probably not, but I'm nae having these digs at a man that played the full 90 in our Scottish Cup win.
    I agree. Not as bad as some make out. But.....not as good as others make out. He was a decent player but not more than that and certainly not less.

Agree with your second paragraph. An all time legend even if he’s not the most gifted player ever. And by the way, he was outstanding in that final. Far and away his best game for Hibs IMO.

@hibs.net private member
    Scott Martin, Fraser Murray. Given I didn't rate Fyvie very highly, I will stop with these two.
    I don't think either of those two will make the step up Gaz. Not good enough in my opinion by a long way

Quote Originally Posted by Hibeewilly View Post
    I don't think either of those two will make the step up Gaz. Not good enough in my opinion by a long way
    I haven't seen much of them this season, Scott Martin when he had a few opportunities looked a prospect and has done well at Arbroath, winning the Young Player of The Year. Others will know better than me for sure if they are good enough.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Nick T Muir
    Fyvie was never as bad as some are making out and I was quite disappointed not to keep him on.

Would I target him now? Probably not, but I'm nae having these digs at a man that played the full 90 in our Scottish Cup win.
    This

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Nick T Muir
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibeewilly View Post
    Fraser Murray has always impressed but needs a bit of meat on him. He needs to take the steroids SJM procured last summer and he’d be a player.

Don't disagree, he didn't get back to the same level of performance but that doesn't mean he wasnt a decent player and couldn't have got back to that level. And I can't believe I'm arguing this as like I said I wasn't that bothered that he left.

Left by mutual consent!

I really liked Fyvie then and thought he could have become the midfield play-maker he threatened to on occasion. I would certainly welcome him back as a squad player if Lenny thought so, however, my interest is peaked at the thought of Stevie Mallan arriving to ER. He would be a capture and I'm desperately hoping the itk folk on here are correct that he's on his way.

Mon the Cabbage!!!

According to the Sun (I know) Macabi Haifa are v keen to make Rocky their Number One and have the means to make it happen.
    Just passing it on!

@hibs.net private member .Sean.'s Avatar
    Some of the digs at Fyvie are downright laughable and I’d hate to think of him ever stumbling across some of these posts and think it’s a true reflection of how the support feel about him.

He’s night and day compared to literally hundreds of donkeys we had in midfield before him, and he’s a Scottish Cup winning legend.

I’d take him back, 100%. Just cause he’s no Scott Allan or a John McGinn in that he doesn’t get you out your seat with a bit of skill or skinning folk left, right and centre every ten minutes doesn’t make him an average player.
    ''It's always been just part of the culture. Growing up, for most working-class kids, is all about football, music or clothes. You might not have much money, but whatever you have got, you're going to look good.'' - Paul Weller

@hibs.net private member Callum_62's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Wii Code: 0083-4364-6418-4974
    definitely take Fyvie as squad player - he'd potentially make the vacant McGeough role his own

@hibs.net private member .Sean.'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Moore View Post
    According to the Sun (I know) Macabi Haifa are v keen to make Rocky their Number One and have the means to make it happen.
    Just passing it on!
    If we can get a half decent fee then I’d be inclined to let it happen. Good keeper but miles from irreplaceable.
    ''It's always been just part of the culture. Growing up, for most working-class kids, is all about football, music or clothes. You might not have much money, but whatever you have got, you're going to look good.'' - Paul Weller

Fyvie on his day. Very hand player. Unlucky with injuries at united. But should have took the deal with hibs to start with

@hibs.net private member MagicSwirlingShip's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Moore View Post
    Just passing it on!
    Would be gutted with this. Best keeper we’ve had for a long time.

Fyvie was as good as McGeouch for large parts of their time together at Hibs. Would be a very good signing, no question. Shouldn't have been allowed to leave for free

@hibs.net private member MagicSwirlingShip's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MWHIBBIES View Post
    Fyvie was as good as McGeouch for large parts of their time together at Hibs. Would be a very good signing, no question. Shouldn't have been allowed to leave for free
    Nope. Dylan always had much more promise than Fyvie in that he had some skill on the ball, found space easier as the best midfielders do and usually looked to pass the ball forward.

My memories of Fyvie consist of a decent enough water carrier type midfielder with a decent enough engine (For 70 minutes of a match) who spread the play well without ever really showing much guile or creative intent. And I liked Fyvie.

Dylan always looked a class above in my opinion.

I used to stick up for Fyvie on here when loads on here we’re getting stuck into him for his very slack passing. I’m not sure what’s changed other than absence making the heart grow fonder.
    There is zero chance we are signing a player not yet recovered from an acl injury, especially one the manager has already got rid of.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by .Sean. View Post
    Some of the digs at Fyvie are downright laughable and I’d hate to think of him ever stumbling across some of these posts and think it’s a true reflection of how the support feel about him.

He’s night and day compared to literally hundreds of donkeys we had in midfield before him, and he’s a Scottish Cup winning legend.

I’d take him back, 100%. Just cause he’s no Scott Allan or a John McGinn in that he doesn’t get you out your seat with a bit of skill or skinning folk left, right and centre every ten minutes doesn’t make him an average player.
    Bang on, I completely agree. It's maybe a reflection on how far we've come this season that some posters are disregarding him and calling him average, but as you said, FF is/was a damn sight better than lots of others gone before him.

@hibs.net private member CraigHibee's Avatar
    Good player for us, was a bit gutted when he left

Correct

@hibs.net private member CapitalGreen's Avatar

100% this.

QPR to sign Dylan apparently. No idea of the figure.