hibs.net Messageboard

Page 250 of 497 FirstFirst ... 150200240248249250251252260300350 ... LastLast
Results 7,471 to 7,500 of 14907
    Quote Originally Posted by MyJo View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Have you had your eyes shut for the last four years?

Our standard of recruitment since Dempster took over and put this recruitment team in place has been light years ahead of what we were subjected to during the previous decade.
    This is an understatement. Recruitment under Calderwood, Fenlon and Butcher was the stuff of nightmares. Griffiths and Claros are the only 2 good signings out of about 50.

2. Log in to remove the advert

hfc rd
    Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by MyJo View Post
    Have you had your eyes shut for the last four years?

Our standard of recruitment since Dempster took over and put this recruitment team in place has been light years ahead of what we were subjected to during the previous decade.

Couldn’t agree more. It’s been one of the big successes since Dempster arrived.

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan69 View Post
    Did he not just sign a big money deal in Asia somewhere...which would completely rule us out.

Its the Aussie international defendet you mean right?
    He is, but down here many of us are treating the Oz generated report...quoting his agent, with a pinch of salt.

He is 33 next month, and although he has been in 4 World Cup Final squads, he has arguably never played in a league even of the standard of the SPL.

10 years or so ago when he had a good deal of improvement left in him I could see why Hibs would take a punt on him, but not as he winds down his career.

He was playing in the Middle East last season but had his contract terminated by his club.

I think if the story IS true, which I doubt, that we need to do better.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan69 View Post
    He only signed in January from Melbourne Victory.
    Terminated early. New manager doesn't fancy him.

@hibs.net private member
    I think I'd prefer us to use all our available budget on our defense. It might not be as sexy to sign defenders. We have proved we can score goals with this team, but unfortunately also easily leak them too.

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Spanish_Kebab
    Quote Originally Posted by Greenworld View Post
    I am starting to wonder exactly what worth our back room recruitment team are worth? They sit on computers analysing all sorts of info to what effect though is it worth the money it is costing for these guys ?

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk
    😂🎣

Quote Originally Posted by Brummie_Hibs View Post
    I think I'd prefer us to use all our available budget on our defense. It might not be as sexy to sign defenders. We have proved we can score goals with this team, but unfortunately also easily leak them too.
    Def need a defensive midfielder and a right back. Other than that I think we are ok in defence.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'd like to see us go for Demetri Mitchell. Looked a stand out at the flumps last season.

Quote Originally Posted by Brummie_Hibs View Post
    I actually think ability wise, our defense is very strong. Can’t think of more than 1/2 defenders in this league that i’d take over Efe, Daz and Paul.
    Which is what makes it all the more frustrating that we concede so many.

I don’t want to have a dig at the coaching staff or Lenny, but something must be going wrong in training or tactically. That said, providing we keep scoring I don’t mind too much, given how entertaining our games have been, and the attacking prowess we display.
    We have the foundations of a very solid defence - I’m not convinced we can get better, so no. I think other areas should be prioritized.

@hibs.net private member bingo70's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by .KingDomofFife. View Post
    I'd like to see us go for Demetri Mitchell. Looked a stand out at the flumps last season.
    Derby signing him for £500k apparently.

@hibs.net private member BILLYHIBS's Avatar
    Agree thought he looked decent too good for Potter and his band of Neanderthals and no mark jobbing so called professional impostering wage thief’s

Quote Originally Posted by BILLYHIBS View Post
    Agree thought he looked decent too good for Potter and his band of Neanderthals and no mark jobbing so called professional impostering wage thief’s
    The yams on kickback are coming round to your assessment of their new signings.

I am starting to wonder exactly what worth our back room recruitment team are worth? They sit on computers analysing all sorts of info to what effect though is it worth the money it is costing for these guys ?

Watch the video in the following article and find out.

https://www-dailyrecord-co-uk.cdn.am...QECAEoAQ%3D%3D

Slivka stood up and applauded after watching the history of Hibs video. Love him for that.
    Last edited by 007; 22-07-2018 at 11:13 AM.

@hibs.net private member CapitalGreen's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 007 View Post
    Paying millions to some geeks on computers when we should be doon the public parks finding the next Pat Stanton 😡

hfc rd
    Left by mutual consent!

He’s highly rated by Utd and I was very suprised when they let him join Hearts on loan as he was far too good for them. He’s predominantly a left winger as used to watch him in the under 18’s & reserves. But he has a lot of good defensive attributes hence why he’s been deployed at LB a few times. Currently with the 1st team over in the States. Utd have got a few good young players coming through. Angel Gomes & Tahith Chong in particular look like they are going to be quality players in the future.

@hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CapitalGreen View Post
    Paying millions to some geeks on computers when we should be doon the public parks finding the next Pat Stanton
    Haven't the thieves got that area sewn up already though?

Not much down the parks these days except the odd wandering mutt, and they've got to have got their now legendary Dug Scheidt from there.

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby

madhatter
    Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by 007 View Post
    Watch the video in the following article and find out.

https://www-dailyrecord-co-uk.cdn.am...QECAEoAQ%3D%3D

Slivka stood up and applauded after watching the history of Hibs video. Love him for that.
    I liked that video when it was released. However, the last few transfer windows haven’t really shown the “we don’t just start thinking about the transfer window when it opens, we think about it 6-18months in advance”. Surely we’d have more than Kamberi and Mallan if that was the case? Bogdan is just cover for Marciano (I hope!) so I don’t think that was planned.

I know it takes time to find the players and I know it takes time for player recruitment. What I don’t get is why we seem to be in a reactive position, surely we already have lists of realistic players we could sign. Surely those lists are based on probability - how likely is it that the club will deal with us, how likely is it that the player will want to come to Hibs etc. I don’t get that impression. I like the idea of making arrangements with Juventus and Man City but I don’t like the idea of waiting to see what they’ll give us...surely if we had an arrangement with clubs we would know what players we could get on loan by now, unless they are waiting to see who they can sell before giving us the leftovers on loan.

I’m guessing they’ll get some financial benefits or player benefits out of these arrangements as well - first choice on Hibs talent or 50% sell on clauses (should it be permanent deal)?

@hibs.net private member CapitalGreen's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by madhatter View Post
    I liked that video when it was released. However, the last few transfer windows haven’t really shown the “we don’t just start thinking about the transfer window when it opens, we think about it 6-18months in advance”. Surely we’d have more than Kamberi and Mallan if that was the case? Bogdan is just cover for Marciano (I hope!) so I don’t think that was planned.

I know it takes time to find the players and I know it takes time for player recruitment. What I don’t get is why we seem to be in a reactive position, surely we already have lists of realistic players we could sign. Surely those lists are based on probability - how likely is it that the club will deal with us, how likely is it that the player will want to come to Hibs etc. I don’t get that impression. I like the idea of making arrangements with Juventus and Man City but I don’t like the idea of waiting to see what they’ll give us...surely if we had an arrangement with clubs we would know what players we could get on loan by now, unless they are waiting to see who they can sell before giving us the leftovers on loan.

I’m guessing they’ll get some financial benefits or player benefits out of these arrangements as well - first choice on Hibs talent or 50% sell on clauses (should it be permanent deal)?
    I don’t believe Hibs have any special agreements with Juventus and Man City. It was simply a case that Barker was a success last season so we’ve gone back to the well for more.

madhatter
    Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by CapitalGreen View Post
    I don’t believe Hibs have any special agreements with Juventus and Man City. It was simply a case that Barker was a success last season so we’ve gone back to the well for more.
    Surely that would’ve been seen as an option 6 months ago and players scouted and discussions had well before now? If Man City were happy with Barkers time at Hibs and we’ve identified players they have that would help us, why is it taking so long to get them? I’d understand if it was other clubs (Darmstadt etc.) but if is Man City we’re talking about, they’ve got tons of players and don’t need the money...

This must be a wind up.

Quote Originally Posted by madhatter View Post

The recruitment dept are likely to be waiting until August 13th to make at least a couple of signings as that’s when the English window shuts and there are likely to be some deals that would not have normally been available to us at that point.

As we need a defensive midfielder, anyone rate the walking yellow card Adoa that played for the yams last season? Just been released by his club.

@hibs.net private member Heisenberg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ozyhibby View Post
    As we need a defensive midfielder, anyone rate the walking yellow card Adoa that played for the yams last season? Just been released by his club.

No chance. He was a dreadful footballer. Ran about kicking the opposition and that was about it.

We don't need a DM that's just physical and strong in the tackle, Bartley does that, we need a play making DM, similar to Dylan but maybe a wee bit stronger in that position, our style of play has changed where Bartley has been left behind.

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by J-C View Post
    We don't need a DM that's just physical and strong in the tackle, Bartley does that, we need a play making DM, similar to Dylan but maybe a wee bit stronger in that position, our style of play has changed where Bartley has been left behind.
    Yip couldnt put it any better myself.

Marv is still a good player to have around though, but he's not going to get the game time he will want, but he's still a decent player who we can bring on to shut games down when winning late on.

@hibs.net private member BoltonHibee's Avatar
    The recruitment dept are likely to be waiting until August 13th to make at least a couple of signings as that’s when the English window shuts and there are likely to be some deals that would not have normally been available to us at that point.

Can’t you still sign players from the English leagues after the window there shuts? I just don’t think English teams can buy players after window shuts

One of the worst footballers in a terrible hearts team. Zero quality, just ran around fouling

Quote Originally Posted by BoltonHibee View Post
    Can’t you still sign players from the English leagues after the window there shuts? I just don’t think English teams can buy players after window shuts

I'd imagine so - the same way that the Russian team bought O'Connor from us when their window was open but ours was closed.

@hibs.net private member Hermit Crab's Avatar

Nice try.

Please tell me your joking?? Not for me

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk