hibs.net Messageboard

Page 219 of 497 FirstFirst ... 119169209217218219220221229269319 ... LastLast
Results 6,541 to 6,570 of 14907
    Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by blackpoolhibs View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    4 seasons ago we were in the 2nd division, for 3 seasons, last season was our first season back in the 1st division, and we did so well we qualified for Europe.

I dont think we are ready or will be ready for a real challenge in Europe for a few seasons yet.
    Why then does our manager say he targeting the group stages, bravado ?

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by Lago View Post
    What else would you expect him to say?

i trust neil lennon

@hibs.net private member bingo70's Avatar
    Of course he is targeting it and whoever we play he’ll expect us to win.

I’m sure there’s also a huge element of realism in there too though and he knows our success this season won’t be defined by reaching the group stages or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Steveey View Post
    i trust neil lennon
    Me too 100%

Quote Originally Posted by bingo70 View Post

I’m sure there’s also a huge element of realism in there too though and he knows our success this season won’t be defined by reaching the group stages or not.

Post of the night! Agree completely.

Left by mutual consent! calumhibee1's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kato View Post
    Why worry so much then? And why, if you are worrying, do you need to publish the fact?
    So unless you’re ITK you should just not bother posting? Or unless you’re happy with where we are then don’t bother?
    Last edited by calumhibee1; 16-07-2018 at 09:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by bingo70 View Post

I agree with this and I think all the fans realise that we’re unlikely to make it to the groups even if we make 4 good signings before the Greek games. I do think though that Lennon will be looking for at least a couple of signings before they games to be able to make a decent fist of it. If they don’t come in I’d imagine he’ll be pretty furious.

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    As others have said, he's not going to say we are getting pumped.

We should be through this round, and i'm pretty sure we will have more signings in soon, probably befor the next round.

The next round is against a team where we have a chance even with the team we have now, and we will be stronger, although they will probably sign players too, like every club in the world.

Nobody is finished with their signings yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Greenworld View Post
    Never said that the management and player recruitment team have I'm sure done there bit and come up with a list of players.
    The directors tasked with bringing them in and a hell of a job that must be in this modern football world have clearly not managed to bring in who NL wanted at least not yet anyway.
    And as I alluded to the lack of NL comments is well not like him

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk
    Lennon did talk a little about the transfer situation in his press conference before the match last week.

https://youtu.be/RyiH9PdBO6c

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by calumhibee1 View Post
    I agree with this and I think all the fans realise that we’re unlikely to make it to the groups even if we make 4 good signings before the Greek games. I do think though that Lennon will be looking for at least a couple of signings before they games to be able to make a decent fist of it. If they don’t come in I’d imagine he’ll be pretty furious.
    And everyone else knows he won’t be furious. As long as he knows we are targeting the right players and the quality he is looking for he will be fine. You are just a a attention seeking bed wetter.

Quote Originally Posted by PatHead View Post
    And everyone else knows he won’t be furious. As long as he knows we are targeting the right players and the quality he is looking for he will be fine. You are just a a attention seeking bed wetter.
    You know that do you? Personal digs are a bit pathetic pal.

@hibs.net private member Northernhibee's Avatar
    Let's call a spade a spade and sort this out with a big old bowl of puns

Do you think your security can keep you in purity, you will not shake us off above or below. Scottish friction, Scottish fiction

Quote Originally Posted by Northernhibee View Post
    Let's call a spade a spade and sort this out with a big old bowl of puns
    Please no puns

@hibs.net private member
    Not as pathetic as your daily panicking. You just need to accept that everyone at Easter Road is doing the best they can and not sitting on their hands. Transfers take time to happen if you want players who have options. Who have we missed out on so far?

Does anyone know of we have given celtic first refusal on John mcginn?

Why on earth would Hibs give anyone first refusal(whatever that is) on our top player who is under contract to Hibs for another 12months?

Not as pathetic as your daily panicking. You just need to accept that everyone at Easter Road is doing the best they can and not sitting on their hands. Transfers take time to happen if you want players who have options. Who have we missed out on so far?
    Taking personal digs at people on the internet for having a different opinion to you is the sort of behaviour you’d expect from a 12 year old. I have no idea who we’ve missed out on, neither do you, neither does 99% of this board. It doesn’t mean we can’t discuss it. Infact if we only discussed things we knew were facts rather than opinions the board would rarely have any new posts.

@hibs.net private member
    Taking personal digs at people on the internet for having a different opinion to you is the sort of behaviour you’d expect from a 12 year old. I have no idea who we’ve missed out on, neither do you, neither does 99% of this board. It doesn’t mean we can’t discuss it. Infact if we only discussed things we knew were facts rather than opinions the board would rarely have any new posts.
    Problem is you are not discussing anything. You are just moaning and panicking for no reason. You deserve to be called out on it and have been over the last few weeks by a few folk. The bottom line is you will need to be patient. Hibs future does not depend on beating a Greek team. Ideally we will but if we don’t it is not the end of the world. I would far rather we waited on sealing the right deal than getting a Rowan Vine. Complaining every day will not change anything.

Problem is you are not discussing anything. You are just moaning and panicking for no reason. You deserve to be called out on it and have been over the last few weeks by a few folk. The bottom line is you will need to be patient. Hibs future does not depend on beating a Greek team. Ideally we will but if we don’t it is not the end of the world. I would far rather we waited on sealing the right deal than getting a Rowan Vine. Complaining every day will not change anything.
    I’ve discussed plenty. A discussion doesn’t mean I need to convert to whoever I’m discussing withs way of thinking. As I’ve said elsewhere, if you don’t like my posts, pop me on your ignore list and you’ll not need to get upset over my posts to the point you start taking digs at people over the internet and dressing it up as you doing a public service by “calling me out”.

Anyway, fingers crossed for some new signings within the next week.

@hibs.net private member CapitalGreen's Avatar
    That would be bliss, “quality not quantity” in action.

@hibs.net private member speedy_gonzales's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by tamig View Post
    And why would St Mirren have signed up to a deal like that when we acquired their prize asset? I don’t know why but it seems like people are looking at possible scenarios where we wouldn’t have to give any cash to St Mirren for John McGinn. That would only happen if he saw out his contract and walked for nothing.
    Perhaps I'm misremembering but was there not also the situation that J McG & his agent were threatening the club with legal action after John was kebab'd in the thigh by Steven Thomson during some training session high jinks?
    Before he came to us I'm sure I heard/read it somewhere that he wanted his release to be unhindered or else he pursue a personal injury claim,,,, could be garbage though.

@hibs.net private member cabbageandribs1875's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by speedy_gonzales View Post
    Perhaps I'm misremembering but was there not also the situation that J McG & his agent were threatening the club with legal action after John was kebab'd in the thigh by Steven Thomson during some training session high jinks?
    Before he came to us I'm sure I heard/read it somewhere that he wanted his release to be unhindered or else he pursue a personal injury claim,,,, could be garbage though.

no, you're correct, i obviously don't know if that's why we got him on the cheap, i also believe this 33% figure that gets banded about is far too high a %

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by blackpoolhibs View Post
    4 seasons ago we were in the 2nd division, for 3 seasons, last season was our first season back in the 1st division, and we did so well we qualified for Europe.

I dont think we are ready or will be ready for a real challenge in Europe for a few seasons yet.
    Your last point confirmed by Leeann who believes we’re ahead of schedule for our Europa League ambitions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member Greenworld's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ancient hibee View Post
    Why on earth would Hibs give anyone first refusal(whatever that is) on our top player who is under contract to Hibs for another 12months?
    It may have been requested and agreed at some point with all the players we have had from celtic over the last few seasons.
    Contract time is irrelevant.
    A simple mechanism where by other teams cannot bid and they have first chance to pay the valuation the club put on the player.

It's no big deal ancient might explain why no news on other bids that's all

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    vine.jpg

Blog Entries
    It may have been requested and agreed at some point with all the players we have had from celtic over the last few seasons.
    Contract time is irrelevant.
    A simple mechanism where by other teams cannot bid and they have first chance to pay the valuation the club put on the player.

It's no big deal ancient might explain why no news on other bids that's all

I doubt if that existed, but in any case, we got McGinn from St Mirren and he has/had heehaw to do with Celtic. Why would we give Celtic first refusal on any player totally disconnected with them?

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Bit more on Horgan, it's us that have stalled the deal as we've potentially got alternatives lined up. The Record is reporting the boy Johnston from Celtc, there may also be movement on Barker but we will need to wait for him.

Was told any of the three could sign, Horgan most likely through to Barker least likely.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

Professional thread starter Diclonius's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by matty_f View Post
    Bit more on Horgan, it's us that have stalled the deal as we've potentially got alternatives lined up. The Record is reporting the boy Johnston from Celtc, there may also be movement on Barker but we will need to wait for him.

Was told any of the three could sign, Horgan most likely through to Barker least likely.
    Fair enough. Thanks!

Aiden Smith in the Scotsman (Hibs fan) now certain Mcginn going to Celtic and some papers reporting Mcginn himself has told Hibs he wants to go to them
    So the pressure is being cranked up and Celtic reluctant to pay more then 2.5!Million plus a player
    The Winger Johnston being mentioned again on Loan for a year
    If we got that plus Scott Allan I would be happy enough

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Testimonial Due

2.5m plus Allan for McGinn

According to Herald today, 2.5m plus Allan will be next offer and McGinn wants to go to Celtic.