hibs.net Messageboard

Page 110 of 497 FirstFirst ... 1060100108109110111112120160210 ... LastLast
Results 3,271 to 3,300 of 14907
    @hibs.net private member superfurryhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by neil7908 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Signing a player from Celtic isn't particularly unrealistic though is it? We've signed Dylan from them and are hopefully going to get Allan back. Do you think we'll have a chance of getting Barker permanently?

Very few young players have come on loan to us and done well (Barker has been ok, Henderson was clearly a success) but there are plenty more who were anonymous and wasted wages as well as possibly denying our own young players a chance - Feruz and Boateng spring to mind. Players from teams like City, Arsenal or Chelsea will be on money we can't touch so will never join us permanently. Therefore I don't want to see us being used as a testing ground. I'd rather got for the follow who can instantly improve us properly gambles where if we they work, we have a shot at getting them (Kamberi and Henderson). Don't think that's especially controversial.
    We signed Ryan Mc Givern from Manchester City following* a very good loan spell at Hibs. Pretty sure he was already capped when we got him too. Who knows if we have a chance of getting Barker permanent, but if his loan spell was merely OK then surely we would have a fair go at it if City were to
    release him?

If we weren’t a testing ground then no young player one would be loaned to us? It’s not particularly controversial, just not particularly right either?

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by superfurryhibby View Post
    We signed Ryan Mc Givern from Manchester City following* a very good loan spell at Hibs. Pretty sure he was already capped when we got him too. Who knows if we have a chance of getting Barker permanent, but if his loan spell was merely OK then surely we would have a fair go at it if City were to
    release him?

If we weren’t a testing ground then no young player one would be loaned to us? It’s not particularly controversial, just not particularly right either?
    I'm not sure if Ryan McGivern is a great example to prove your argument. Just hearing his name gives me flashbacks to the Hamilton playoff game at Easter Road so not exactly a success story for us.

I'm not sure if Ryan McGivern is a great example to prove your argument. Just hearing his name gives me flashbacks to the Hamilton playoff game at Easter Road so not exactly a success story for us.
    Henderson, stokes, Kamberi, McLaren, Barker, Scott Allan, Ambrose, Marciano successful loans of late

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Dundee Utd got a nice wee sell on clause, If Armstrong moves in. May allow them to buy some better players to get up

Any idea where their out of contract player, Scott Fraser signed for?

@hibs.net private member bingo70's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Billy Whizz View Post
    Dundee Utd got a nice wee sell on clause, If Armstrong moves in. May allow them to buy some better players to get up

Nobody yet I don’t think.

Was meant to be hearts though but I’m guessing as they’ve already signed 400 odd players he won’t be joining them now.

Apparently turned down a move to the yams. I like the guy, csn tackle, likes driving forward good tech.

Absolutely no link with hibs at all but I always think of players that we’re good up here then go down south and don’t make it as that’s a market we generally look at.....who was the guy on loan at rangers from Newcastle when we were in the championship, I think it was mitrovic or something?

It’s not him that was on loan at Fulham but I think they’ve got similar names and career paths.

hfc rd
    Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by bingo70 View Post
    Absolutely no link with hibs at all but I always think of players that we’re good up here then go down south and don’t make it as that’s a market we generally look at.....who was the guy on loan at rangers from Newcastle when we were in the championship, I think it was mitrovic or something?

It’s not him that was on loan at Fulham but I think they’ve got similar names and career paths.

Haris Vučkić. Plays for FC Twente. I think they got relegated from the Eredivisie last season

Quote Originally Posted by hfc rd View Post
    Haris Vučkić. Plays for FC Twente. I think they got relegated from the Eredivisie last season
    Good man, cheers.

Been bothering me since I was convinced it was him that joined Fulham and plays for Serbia.

Definitely him. He was on loan at Cardiff and I bigged him up a bit to some Huns in work but he turned out to be pretty average for them.

hfc rd
    Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by nellio View Post
    Definitely him. He was on loan at Cardiff and I bigged him up a bit to some Huns in work but he turned out to be pretty average for them.

I remember they signed 4-5 players on loan from Newcastle that time. One of them being Bigriamana (think that’s how you spell his name) who is now at Motherwell

I remember they signed 4-5 players on loan from Newcastle that time. One of them being Bigriamana (think that’s how you spell his name) who is now at Motherwell

Something to do with Ashley owning a share of Rangers and using them as a sort of feeder club for loan signings.

hfc rd
    Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by bingo70 View Post

Derek McInnes has used that market over the last few seasons and it’s worked out pretty well considering they’ve consistently been finishing 2nd and qualifying for Europe. Rooney, McGinn, Reynolds, Stewart (loan), May etc

First Team Breakthrough
    Derek McInnes has used that market over the last few seasons and it’s worked out pretty well considering they’ve consistently been finishing 2nd and qualifying for Europe. Rooney, McGinn, Reynolds, Stewart (loan), May etc
    Not totally convinced that is the market for us, always got the feeling that players who couldn’t cut it down south now had the cash in their back pocket and the real motivation had gone. Back up the road and keep their pensions topped up.

@hibs.net private member CallumLaidlaw's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Cal_hibby
    Quote Originally Posted by horseflesh View Post
    Not totally convinced that is the market for us, always got the feeling that players who couldn’t cut it down south now had the cash in their back pocket and the real motivation had gone. Back up the road and keep their pensions topped up.
    Can’t really agree. They tend to have a point to prove. Most recent ones I can think of are Scott Allan and Fraser Fyvie.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member Greenworld's Avatar
    Another week gone and nothing even the rumours have dried up.
    Season ticket sales at record levels crowds at record levels .
    Everyone buzzing after a great season and suddenly it all feels a bit flat .
    Thank God for the world cup

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

McGivern was the best I've ever seen at avoiding potential trouble.

hfc rd
    Left by mutual consent!
    Wonder if there are any players that are on trial with us at the moment?

Wonder if there are any players that are on trial with us at the moment?
    Wonder if Hibs are actually training? All gone quiet. Other teams showing photos etc of their team training, don’t think I’ve seen or heard anything from Hibs

Testimonial Due Billychaotic182's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Billy Chaotic PSN ID: BillyChaotic
    Wonder if Hibs are actually training? All gone quiet. Other teams showing photos etc of their team training, don’t think I’ve seen or heard anything from Hibs
    I was actually thinking this the other day. Normally you get the photos of players training and we zoom in on players we don’t recognise. Cumon hibs lol

@hibs.net private member Heisenberg's Avatar
    Yeah it’s a bit strange now you mention it. Lennon saying we’ll hopefully have some deals done soon so should see movement in the next week or so.

Summer transfer thread

If they have trialist in then they usually close off the training centre from the public and press.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Ozyhibby View Post
    If they have trialist in then they usually close off the training centre from the public and press.

Maybe just as well as the sight of McGeouch training with us might push a few folk over the top.

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by Billychaotic182 View Post
    I was actually thinking this the other day. Normally you get the photos of players training and we zoom in on players we don’t recognise. Cumon hibs lol
    Was at east mains on Tuesday by invitation, there were 9 first team squad training with Gary Parker and 3 with the physios, no trialists, 5 due back tomorrow including Dylan , his term ends on Saturday.Graeme Mathie informed us that there were 4 positive targets in the pipeline with 2 all but secured. Would'nt elaborate though whether or not that included loanees from last season or new targets.

@hibs.net private member erin go bragh's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Liam978 View Post
    Was at east mains on Tuesday by invitation, there were 9 first team squad training with Gary Parker and 3 with the physios, no trialists, 5 due back tomorrow including Dylan , his term ends on Saturday.Graeme Mathie informed us that there were 4 positive targets in the pipeline with 2 all but secured. Would'nt elaborate though whether or not that included loanees from last season or new targets.
    That’s more like it including Dylon Allan and Mallon could be the two secured .
    SCOTTISH CUP WINNERS 2016
    GGTTH

Blog Entries
    Why did Lennon invite him to train at East Mains when he was already entitled to do so? Or was Lennon meaning after his contract finished?

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim44 View Post
    Why did Lennon invite him to train at East Mains when he was already entitled to do so? Or was Lennon meaning after his contract finished?
    Sorry Jim I replied on the wrong thread. Would assume that the offer was until a decision has been made re his future. One is always wise after the event,many questions I wish now that had've asked, like why is Efe not here, is he one of the 5 allowed extra time off. Or has he went awol again like last season.

I reckon we will sign someone no one has heard of this week completely out the blue

Journalist Alan Nixon just tweeted this........

Derby. Trying for John McGinn at Hibs. Cost £3m. Trouble is Celtic well down line and player may fancy that. Birmingham also tried. At same figure. Should be story online. Soon.

McGinn and Stevenson were given extra time off due to Scotland, and I presume Porteous too, Kamberi was not due to join up until last Thursday. So Dylan must be the other one???

I thought they were all in last week except the 3 above and Flo
    So just over 2 weeks training before our 1st Europa League game for some of our players