hibs.net Messageboard

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789
    @hibs.net private member WhileTheChief..'s Avatar
    Well then you gotta ban the marches supporting Independance, support for Palestine, anti war etc etc

Really want to go down that road?

If the sectarian singing was being done by a women’s netball team no one would give a damn.

Other than at the football do any of you actually care about it or is it just a stick to beat the Old Firm with?

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by hibsbollah View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Don't bring post punk revivalism into this, I swear I'll do time and its A-E-R-O plane FFS people!!!
    No. Its aircraft.

@hibs.net private member Carheenlea's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Onion View Post
    Exactly why they close football grounds - until the nutters show they can behave themselves. Would stop the problem dead in it's tracks within a matter of weeks. But we all know there's no appetite to resolve the problem as Celtic and Sevco rely hugely on this hatred it to put food on the table. And Sky/BT and media love the "special" atmosphere.
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil MaGlass View Post
    I would start this marching season. Refuse all licences for orange marches. Flood all areas where they may congregate, any marches go ahead, arrest them all. 1000 quid fine. Next time 1 week prison. Then escalate. As for sectarian singing/abuse at matches, all they need to do is start docking points, stop licence for european football and relegate them.
    We’re a bit away from seeing such measures being administered, but a good start at least would be if BBC Scotland’s flagship Hogmanay “comedy” show Only an Excuse? didn’t use the subject of sectarianism for a lot of the so called jokes. The vast majority of the country wants to see sectarianism eradicated, so you would expect any serious drive to do so to be welcomed. It’s pretty obvious though that there is no serious drive to do so, and in 2018 that’s pretty depressing.

@hibs.net private member Just Alf's Avatar
    Not read it on here as on phone so not going over while thread, so apologies if it's already been said, but a couple of my mates were up town after the game and "the boss" did the "plane" again in the pub (he'd been having a bit of banter with normal humanbeing type rangers fans... Seems there's actually some in existence) :-)

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by WhileTheChief.. View Post
    That’s kinda my point though.

In a crowd of over 40,000 people pretty much all singing the same thing, how can any one individual be singled out for prosecution?

That’s impossible. Would be like justice by chance which isn’t really justice!
    Your point seems to be more that there's nothing wrong with sectarian singing.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by WeeRussell View Post
    Your point seems to be more that there's nothing wrong with sectarian singing.
    Worse things happen. Better they do it in public where we know where they are, no?

Quote Originally Posted by Chic Murray View Post
    Worse things happen. Better they do it in public where we know where they are, no?
    Worse things happen, yes. What's your point?

What use is knowing who and where the people are if nothing is ever done about it?

@hibs.net private member WhileTheChief..'s Avatar
    I personally don’t care, I’m more from the sticks n stones side of the argument.

My point is that no one really cares other than rival football fans.

We regularly get a lot of chat about it on here but other than that none of you actually do anything.

So if you care a lot about this issue, what you going to do about it?

Same as me probably, which is nowt.

My point stands, if it wasn’t Rangers fans doing it would any of you care? Or is just because it’s football?

Wider society either doesn’t care or isn’t aware of it.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by WeeRussell View Post
    Worse things happen, yes. What's your point?

What use is knowing who and where the people are if nothing is ever done about it?
    IMO they can hurt a lot more than people's feelings. Let them play their wee games.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by WhileTheChief.. View Post
    I personally don’t care, I’m more from the sticks n stones side of the argument.

My point is that no one really cares other than rival football fans.

We regularly get a lot of chat about it on here but other than that none of you actually do anything.

So if you care a lot about this issue, what you going to do about it?

Same as me probably, which is nowt.

My point stands, if it wasn’t Rangers fans doing it would any of you care? Or is just because it’s football?

Wider society either doesn’t care or isn’t aware of it.
    More to the point does Neil care ? Most of it was directed at him. We should start a Justice for Neil on-line petition and present it to the SFA.

Quote Originally Posted by southsider View Post
    More to the point does Neil care ? Most of it was directed at him. We should start a Justice for Neil on-line petition and present it to the SFA.
    The SFA have tried to introduce strict liability that would have seen Sevco punished for sectarian singing by their fans. The clubs (including Hibs by all accounts) voted it down.

If you care, take it up with our club first.

Without wanting to belittle the significance of sectarian chanting, I don't think we're talking about something that is that big a deal here.

A few unacceptable songs were sung. A man responds by mimicking an aeroplane.

The assault on Lennon at Tynecastle and the bullets in the post were disgraceful and a line was crossed.

I don't really get the big deal here.

Quote Originally Posted by Smartie View Post
    Without wanting to belittle the significance of sectarian chanting, I don't think we're talking about something that is that big a deal here.

The assault on Lennon at Tynecastle and the bullets in the post were disgraceful and a line was crossed.

Aiui, NL is going to be in trouble for entering the field of play without permission, not for the aeroplane.

@hibs.net private member snooky's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil MaGlass View Post
    I would start this marching season. Refuse all licences for orange marches. Flood all areas where they may congregate, any marches go ahead, arrest them all. 1000 quid fine. Next time 1 week prison. Then escalate. As for sectarian singing/abuse at matches, all they need to do is start docking points, stop licence for european football and relegate them.
    While I think these marches are awful, you would be starting on a dangerous road by refusing them thr right to march.
    Before long there could easily be bans against marches for anything the legislators don't like or want. The whole shebang.

Quote Originally Posted by Smartie View Post

Just to clarify, my response was on the general problem of sectarianism and nothing being done about it, not Saturday alone (which wasn't any worse than any other time that lot come to town).

In response to the point raised a couple of times by another poster (sorry I can't do multi-quoting!) - Yes, I absolutely do object to bigotry whether it's chanted at football matches, preached in churches, marched down my home street, or directed at an individual in town. I think a more pertinent question would be if it wasn't at the football, would it still be swept under the carpet and allowed to go unpunished for so long

@hibs.net private member nonshinyfinish's Avatar
    He's green
    He's white
    He's magnificent in flight
    Neil Lennon
    Neil Lennon

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by SaulGoodman View Post
    Or a haiku.

Hibs 5 Sevco 5
    Lennon is an aeroplane
    The Rangers are *****
    I have written to the SFA asking wheathet they a duty to protect another member club (us) and our employee (NL) from sectarian abuse. That's 4 times this season and not a word from the SFA.
    If Neil gets banned a civil suit may be the answer.

@hibs.net private member Stevie Reid's Avatar
    Lennon facing the panel (or 'beaks' as the papers seem to refer to them in such cases) today it would seem:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/44562169

@hibs.net private member Hibs Class's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JeMeSouviens View Post
    Aiui, NL is going to be in trouble for entering the field of play without permission, not for the aeroplane.

He's been charged under Disciplinary Rule 203 - "No member of Team Staff shall commit Misconduct at a match". Presumably making a charge of entering the field of play without permission would have been a hard charge to make stick given how many goal celebrations at the World Cup have already seen subs and staff enter the field of play and then leave without punishment.
    ​#PERSEVERED

Quote Originally Posted by Hibs Class View Post
    He's been charged under Disciplinary Rule 203 - "No member of Team Staff shall commit Misconduct at a match". Presumably making a charge of entering the field of play without permission would have been a hard charge to make stick given how many goal celebrations at the World Cup have already seen subs and staff enter the field of play and then leave without punishment.
    So wishing it was Disciplinary Rule 737. Could've been much worse - his landing gear could've been out!

@hibs.net private member SouthMoroccoStu's Avatar
    And when are the rangers getting pulled up for all the bile and sectarian abuse directed at Neil, his family and hibs supporters??

I’ll not hold my breath

If this was abuse against a Muslim player or manger if would be dealt with seriously. But anti catholic is aokey in the eyes and ears of the Scottish football governing bodies

@hibs.net private member BoltonHibee's Avatar
    3 game touchline ban

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member SouthMoroccoStu's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BoltonHibee View Post
    3 game touchline ban

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Congratulations Scottish Football Rulers - you've proven what a shower of incompetent bigots you really are

This is a ****ing joke

It was a bit of fun but fair enough, he shouldn't have been on the pitch. However, nothing done about the away fans that day and their usual 90 minutes of sectraian bile.

Also got to love all the faux outrage from the Rangers fans. Sing loudly and proudly in their masses every single week about killing catholics, peadophiles, being "up to their knees in fenian blood" etc etc. but are suddenly shocked and outraged at Lennon doing an aeroplane.