hibs.net Messageboard

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast
    @hibs.net private member Sean1875's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by grunt View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    4 match ban!! They sure like to punish Neil Lennon, don't they?

Seems hugely excessive to me. It was in the 93rd minute.
    He had 2 matches suspended for having a go at Clancy and assuming the additional 2 will be because of his record. Utterly ludicrous decision when you look at the circumstances and the emotion.

Hopefully Hibs will be mentioning the sectarian singing in the hearing - and also maybe question why Lafferty hasn't been pulled up for his questionable right hand salute in simultaneous games against us and Celtc right in front of the away support?

2. Log in to remove the advert

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by Carheenlea View Post
    Well done to the blazers

Sucking any joy and humour out of the game a more pressing matter than tackling sectarian abuse within our football stadiums. Only in Scotland.
    Absolutely spot on. Pretty clear where the priorities lie.

@hibs.net private member staunchhibby's Avatar
    Any body got the e-mail addy for the S.F.A.We should bombard them with complaints re the hatred directed at Neil Lennon on Sunday

Coaching Staff The Green Goblin's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    Brilliant.

I'm going to go out to my local Church of Scotland next weekend, scream about 'orange *******s' whilst the service is ongoing, sing a few ditties about historical massacres and maybe air a few chants about Catholic supriority as well.

As long as I don't do anything really provocative like wave my arms about and run in a circle I'll be fine.
    Farcical doesn’t even begin to describe it.

@hibs.net private member CropleyWasGod's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by staunchhibby View Post
    Any body got the e-mail addy for the S.F.A.We should bombard them with complaints re the hatred directed at Neil Lennon on Sunday
    Never mind emails. Neil can bomb them himself.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member
    He is guilty as charged on breaching at least two of the rules of football and will get a ban plus the two suspended that were on his record. That hurts him as he likes being on the touchline but it may help us as I think we won the games he was up there last time.

For all I have been ripped about my earlier comments I'll now say there may be some good could come out of his aeroplane. This is as good a chance as it gets to start a campaign and to try and make us the leaders in anti sectarianism as we have pretty much completely got rid of that stain from our club and now have a spark to do something. We even have a tag line. Sectarianism can fly off and no need to guess what the logo would be.

An earlier poster wrote a letter. Could this be made into a model letter and we can all send copies to MSPs, Papers and the SFA.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by CropleyWasGod View Post
    Never mind emails. Neil can bomb them himself.
    From his "airplane".

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by wookie70 View Post
    ... I'll now say there may be some good could come out of his aeroplane. ...
    I'm normally the first to jump up and down when Americanisms are used in social media, but for some reason I can't get behind the campaign on here to render it as "aeroplane". For me, and I'm not sure I know why this is, "airplane" works better. Sorry, and all that.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by grunt View Post
    I'm normally the first to jump up and down when Americanisms are used in social media, but for some reason I can't get behind the campaign on here to render it as "aeroplane". For me, and I'm not sure I know why this is, "airplane" works better. Sorry, and all that.
    I never even seen him get out of Hibs half on Sunday never mind Transatlantic. We play fitba not soccer so aeroplane it is.

Quote Originally Posted by The Green Goblin View Post
    Farcical doesn’t even begin to describe it.
    I was actually trying to think of a parallel situation outside Scotland, and the closest I could come up with was...

Man U playing Chelsea. Pogba goes up to take a corner. Thousands of Chelsea fans start singing a racist song with conspicuous use of the N word. The sky people mute the sound but the singing still comes across loud and clear to the millions of viewers in all five continents around the world, shaming the nations game in front of the world. A few minutes later, Pogba scores, and as a celebration does the 'Plane in the direction of the Chelsea fans but a considerable distance away, before celebrating with his teammates.

The outcome is a 4 match ban for Pogba and no mention of the thunderous racist singing that preceded the goal.

Sounds likely.

First Team Regular scm70nyd1973's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevi_SOL View Post
    Let’s all do the Lenny.
    Let’s all do the Lenny.
    Na Na Na Na

Whilst the the 3 and half packed stands at Easter Road are jumping around doing the aeroplane against the Rangers
    Mibbies time to resurrect - but modify - the oldie but goldie:

If I had the wings of Neil Lennon
    And I had the arse of Jabba the Hun
    I’d fly over the Hun**** tomorrow
    And ****** on the bar stewards below below

****** on etc etc !

@hibs.net private member CropleyWasGod's Avatar
    He is guilty as charged on breaching at least two of the rules of football and will get a ban plus the two suspended that were on his record. That hurts him as he likes being on the touchline but it may help us as I think we won the games he was up there last time.

For all I have been ripped about my earlier comments I'll now say there may be some good could come out of his aeroplane. This is as good a chance as it gets to start a campaign and to try and make us the leaders in anti sectarianism as we have pretty much completely got rid of that stain from our club and now have a spark to do something. We even have a tag line. Sectarianism can fly off and no need to guess what the logo would be.

An earlier poster wrote a letter. Could this be made into a model letter and we can all send copies to MSPs, Papers and the SFA.
    A model aeroplane letter you mean?

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Doh Rae Me View Post
    I've just emailed the sfa about the sectarian abuse suffered by Neil on Sunday and what they are gonna do about it and also asked in all seriousness if they are gonna fine him for his celebration.

I'm scunnered.
    Dear Doh Rae Me

Thank you for your email.

Unfortunately we will not be able to answer until we have a preliminary meeting over lunch to discuss receipt of your email. We will follow this with a committee meeting over lunch to discuss whether to reply by email or letter. We will then be unable to action any reply until August as July is a very busy month for us with social engagements. We will then consult with Rangers Football Club, representatives of whom are also busy in July, and ask how they instruct us to reply. Finally a final lunch will be undertaken to decide if we are all agreed on doing nothing.

Regards

The Spineless Football Association

First Team Breakthrough 7-Heaven's Avatar
    Feel the Dambusters theme should be sung first game of the season

I can't understand why this would be such a big issue.

I thought the reason they got so upset at the cup final was because our fans had crossed over the half way line. Lennon stayed entirely within his own half when he was flying like a plane so surely this is ok?

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by hibsbollah View Post
    I was actually trying to think of a parallel situation outside Scotland, and the closest I could come up with was...

Man U playing Chelsea. Pogba goes up to take a corner. Thousands of Chelsea fans start singing a racist song with conspicuous use of the N word. The sky people mute the sound but the singing still comes across loud and clear to the millions of viewers in all five continents around the world, shaming the nations game in front of the world. A few minutes later, Pogba scores, and as a celebration does the 'Plane in the direction of the Chelsea fans but a considerable distance away, before celebrating with his teammates.

The outcome is a 4 match ban for Pogba and no mention of the thunderous racist singing that preceded the goal.

Sounds likely.
    Pogba would be rightfully on the pitch and allowed a celebration if he stays on it and isn't provocative. Not really a parallel in this case. Was Pogba also on a two match suspended ban at the time. If this happened Pogba would at worse get a booking.

The one parallel is that in both cases the authorities should look at the behaviour of those in the stands. At the very least a strong condemnation and acceptance that it was a factor in how Lennon/Pogba celebrated. As clubs don't accept liability for the fans and the Police aren't interested that is really all the SFA can do unfortunately.

Lennon clearly broke two laws of the game. He knows that and will take his punishment on the chin if his words were anything to go by on Sunday. It doesn't stop us and the club highlighting the sectarian abuse he faced and this is a good opportunity to state our case on why the Thes are the worst fans in the land. If we sell enough tickets we could also stick the not welcome signs up.

Dear Doh Rae Me

Thank you for your email.

Unfortunately we will not be able to answer until we have a preliminary meeting over lunch to discuss receipt of your email. We will follow this with a committee meeting over lunch to discuss whether to reply by email or letter. We will then be unable to action any reply until August as July is a very busy month for us with social engagements. We will then consult with Rangers Football Club, representatives of whom are also busy in July, and ask how they instruct us to reply. Finally a final lunch will be undertaken to decide if we are all agreed on doing nothing.

Regards

The Spineless Football Association
    You're probably spot on. I'll post any reply, e-mail address I used was info@scottishfa.co.uk .

Hibs should cut Rangers allocation by half again and release a statement saying if the authorities don't start dealing with bigotry aimed at our manager we will continue to half it until it is reduced to zero. Ask Hibs fans to step up an fill the empty seats and cover the financial shortfall and any space left over give the tickets to community groups; preferably those working to eradicate sectarianism and racism in our communities.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

If only Jim Harriet was still here 🛩

Hibs should cut Rangers allocation by half again and release a statement saying if the authorities don't start dealing with bigotry aimed at our manager we will continue to half it until it is reduced to zero. Ask Hibs fans to step up an fill the empty seats and cover the financial shortfall and any space left over give the tickets to community groups; preferably those working to eradicate sectarianism and racism in our communities.
    I've been saying this for years. It's about time we stopped this crap with club and fans doing their bit because as we are all aware the GFA are not going to do a thing to eradicate sectarian from our game.

Better still ban the Huns from Easter Road completely until their club can sort their own supporters out.

Pogba would be rightfully on the pitch and allowed a celebration if he stays on it and isn't provocative. Not really a parallel in this case. Was Pogba also on a two match suspended ban at the time. If this happened Pogba would at worse get a booking.

The one parallel is that in both cases the authorities should look at the behaviour of those in the stands. At the very least a strong condemnation and acceptance that it was a factor in how Lennon/Pogba celebrated. As clubs don't accept liability for the fans and the Police aren't interested that is really all the SFA can do unfortunately.

Lennon clearly broke two laws of the game. He knows that and will take his punishment on the chin if his words were anything to go by on Sunday. It doesn't stop us and the club highlighting the sectarian abuse he faced and this is a good opportunity to state our case on why the Thes are the worst fans in the land. If we sell enough tickets we could also stick the not welcome signs up.
    Difference with the Pogba hypothetical example is that the English media and Westminster would be all over it the following day and id suggest his club would be embarrassed into addressing the problem.

In the real life Rangers example I think the strict liability argument is a convenient get out of jail card for our media and politicians who don't want to lose viewers / listeners or votes. If our media and politicians had come out on Monday and publicly lambasted the huns songbook, The Thes would find it very hard not to address the problem, strict liability or not.

Of course that's never going to happen and so i think your idea to stick up the not welcome signs are the way forward.

Left by mutual consent! Iggy Pope's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hibsbollah View Post
    Don't bring post punk revivalism into this, I swear I'll do time and its A-E-R-O plane FFS people!!!

Anything that is post-punk can only be considered as revivalism friend.:
    Lenny on the other hand is clearly punk as ****. Punker than that hippy Klopp.

Where can I sign up for this motion?

I would gladly see no Rangers or Celtic fans inside Easter Road.

I think it's about time the home fans stepped up to the plate and covered the stadium in banners highlighting the sectarian singing going on in the away end.

If practically the whole stadium was covered in said banners, it would be hard for the newspapers and TV to avoid showing it.

I'm actually dissapointed that our club has never once made an issue out of it, or indeed the other clubs.

"The Only Thing Necessary for the Triumph of Evil is that Good Men (and Women) Do Nothing"
    Last edited by Keith_M; 15-05-2018 at 07:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Keekaboo View Post
    I think it's about time the home fans stepped up to the plate and covered the stadium in banners highlighting the sectarian singing going on in the away end.

If practically the whole stadium was covered in said banners, it would be hard for the newspapers and TV to avoid showing it.

I'm actually dissapointed that our club has never once made an issue out of it, or indeed the other clubs.

"The Only Thing Necessary for the Triumph of Evil is that Good Men (and Women) Do Nothing"

Well said, good idea!

I think we need to be careful. While I heard sectarian chanting on Sunday and also songs aimed at Lennon, I dont recall sectarian songs being directed specifically at Lennon.

Quote Originally Posted by Skol View Post
    I think we need to be careful. While I heard sectarian chanting on Sunday and also songs aimed at Lennon, I dont recall sectarian songs being directed specifically at Lennon.
    Cheer up Neil Lennon

Testimonial Due
    Cheer up Neil Lennon was being belted out mate.

Quote Originally Posted by Brizo View Post
    Difference with the Pogba hypothetical example is that the English media and Westminster would be all over it the following day and id suggest his club would be embarrassed into addressing the problem.

In the real life Rangers example I think the strict liability argument is a convenient get out of jail card for our media and politicians who don't want to lose viewers / listeners or votes. If our media and politicians had come out on Monday and publicly lambasted the huns songbook, The Thes would find it very hard not to address the problem, strict liability or not.

Of course that's never going to happen and so i think your idea to stick up the not welcome signs are the way forward.
    Yep, my analogy wasn't intended to be a perfect parallel with the Lennon situation, but to show up the absurdity that we seem to be content to tolerate rampant prejudice up here, as a society.

Quote Originally Posted by Skol View Post
    Cheer up Neil Lennon
    Oh what can it mean
    To a sad fenian *******

Was aired several times on Sunday.