hibs.net Messageboard

Page 7 of 27 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: Stevie Mallan.

@hibs.net private member Heisenberg's Avatar
    I’ve no doubt we’re interested in Mallan and he’d want to come to us, but they’ve not got a manager just now at Barnsley. Surely once appointed they’d want a look at Mallan before deciding to offload him? Especially now they are at a lower level too.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I’ve no doubt we’re interested in Mallan and he’d want to come to us, but they’ve not got a manager just now at Barnsley. Surely once appointed they’d want a look at Mallan before deciding to offload him? Especially now they are at a lower level too.
    It’s not always the manager that decides these things though.

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by monktonharp View Post
    Alex Miller needed a striker, at a difficult time for our club. he convinced the club to give 500k to Dundee! All worked out fine in the end. Keith Keith Keith Keith ....to infinity.
    We did sell Paul Wright just before we got Keith.

@hibs.net private member
    anyone know if this is loan and if so what is the possibility of getting him perm?

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/spo...n-neil-lennon/

Nothing new in there. Just reporting what TC has already told us. See Mallan is away on holiday now so wouldn’t expect any news for a week or two on him.

@hibs.net private member bingo70's Avatar
    My only concern about Mallan would be that from what I remember and what I’ve read I’m not sure him and Scott Allan could play in the same midfield, they both seem a bit lightweight and attacking to play in the centre together.

Anyone know if he could play on the left? Wonder if he could be Barkers replacement.

One things for sure, we need to improve from set pieces, don’t think we scored one goal direct from a free kick last year, that’s not good enough, having someone that can strike a decent free kick could make all the difference in tight games.

Sure he played in the centre for st mirren and takes a wicked free kick.

Would love him at Easter road.

It's a long season especially if Lennon gets us to group stages of Euros

@hibs.net private member ian cruise's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bingo70 View Post
    My only concern about Mallan would be that from what I remember and what I’ve read I’m not sure him and Scott Allan could play in the same midfield, they both seem a bit lightweight and attacking to play in the centre together.

Anyone know if he could play on the left? Wonder if he could be Barkers replacement.

One things for sure, we need to improve from set pieces, don’t think we scored one goal direct from a free kick last year, that’s not good enough, having someone that can strike a decent free kick could make all the difference in tight games.
    I'm not sure I'd class Allan as lightweight, he gives as good as he gets. It's just the amount of fouls aimed towards him that means he looks like he's constantly getting kicked about.

I'm sure they could play in the same midfield together but having another option when Allan is out of the game can 9nly be a, good thing. One criticism I had of Hibs in his first spell was too much of our play went through him, so if a team marked him out the game we were a little lost. Didn't see that last year and I'd imagine next year will be more of the same, particularly if McGinn somehow stays.

Quote Originally Posted by J-C View Post
    It's a long season especially if Lennon gets us to group stages of Euros
    How many games is it before the group stages?

Quote Originally Posted by scooby View Post
    How many games is it before the group stages?
    4 two-legged ties.

Left by mutual consent! calumhibee1's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ian cruise View Post
    I'm not sure I'd class Allan as lightweight, he gives as good as he gets. It's just the amount of fouls aimed towards him that means he looks like he's constantly getting kicked about.

I'm sure they could play in the same midfield together but having another option when Allan is out of the game can 9nly be a, good thing. One criticism I had of Hibs in his first spell was too much of our play went through him, so if a team marked him out the game we were a little lost. Didn't see that last year and I'd imagine next year will be more of the same, particularly if McGinn somehow stays.
    Allan is far from a lightweight. Just look at the way he bitched Ian Black at Easter Road and there's been numerous others since then. He's actually probably not a kick in the arse off McGinn power wise.

@hibs.net private member The Spaceman's Avatar
    Mallan would be some signing, particularly if we bring in Scott Allan too.

Would be very, very happy with that! Entertainment galore and finally a free kick taker!

Mallan is more similar to McGeough than McGinn or Allan. He likes to pick the ball up from the centre halfs and dictate play from there.

Hes a good player , not as good as Dylan though , and would be a good signing.

@hibs.net private member
    Lots of pages about Mallan. Clearly a desirable signing for many.

Genuine question though. He did well for St Mirren in the championship, then went to Barnsley who didn't play him much (despite being a substandard team for that league). What's the usp here?

Not looking for an argument. Just someone to enlighten me. Am I missing something cos I'm not getting the fuss?

@hibs.net private member CallumLaidlaw's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Cal_hibby
    Quote Originally Posted by judas View Post

Genuine question though. He did well for St Mirren in the championship, then went to Barnsley who didn't play him much (despite being a substandard team for that league). What's the usp here?

Not looking for an argument. Just someone to enlighten me. Am I missing something cos I'm not getting the fuss?
    You literally could’ve just describe Scott Allan....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member BILLYHIBS's Avatar

Good point! Was defo a very good player with S#### Mirren. I think a lot of posters hedging their bets on this one I reckon would only be a reality if Dylan goes and if we can agree terms suitable to both parties.I reckon he is definitely a player that would enhance our squad once up and running as is of the right age and class.

There is class there is first class and then there is HIBS class!

Dylan was another who failed down south yet is a cracking player. Mallan is class and the fact he can hit a free kick only adds to how much we need him.

@hibs.net private member

It's a fair point. I thought he looked very good playing against us - him and Morgan were clearly very talented young players but it'll be interesting to see where their careers go now.

I'd be delighted to get Mallan but I'm also desperate to get Scotty Allan back and I'm not sure how they fit into a midfield together as both want to play in the same advanced position just behind the forwards.

Really like him as a player and think he is a class player. Sometimes you just watch a player and then “hes a hibs style player”

Wouldn’t compare him with Dylan too much as think he is a lot more attacking minded than him and won’t just sit deep dictating the game.

Mallan is definitely more of an attacking option. Few St Mirren fans describe him as needing a player with some dig beside him.

@hibs.net private member BILLYHIBS's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Unseen work View Post
    Really like him as a player and think he is a class player. Sometimes you just watch a player and then “hes a hibs style player”

Wouldn’t compare him with Dylan too much as think he is a lot more attacking minded than him and won’t just sit deep dictating the game.
    There is class there is first class and then there is HIBS class!

@hibs.net private member stantonhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Thecat23 View Post
    Dylan was another who failed down south yet is a cracking player. Mallan is class and the fact he can hit a free kick only adds to how much we need him.
    When did Dylan fail down South ? Looks like he played 8 games on loan at Coventry when he was a laddie and thats it ?

Could be he's struggled to settle... Could be he's been asked to play a different way or position. A lot of people, not saying you, think if a player goes down south and struggles its cause they're not good enough. As I said it can be numerous reasons.

Quote Originally Posted by stantonhibby View Post
    When did Dylan fail down South ? Looks like he played 8 games on loan at Coventry when he was a laddie and thats it ?
    Exactly my point. Only managed 8 games and didn’t do enough! Yet up here our game seems to suit his style of play. He may do better now if he went down he may not!

Quote Originally Posted by Thecat23 View Post
    Exactly my point. Only managed 8 games and didn’t do enough! Yet up here our game seems to suit his style of play. He may do better now if he went down he may not!
    TC, with Mallan are you not surprised that we’re supposedly close to a deal to sign him when they don’t have someone in charge at Barnsley?

Left by mutual consent!
    TC, with Mallan are you not surprised that we’re supposedly close to a deal to sign him when they don’t have someone in charge at Barnsley?
    Surely if the lads desperate to go it wouldn't matter. Owners probably want as much money as poss for the new gaffer to make signings..

Quote Originally Posted by DexterStJock View Post
    Surely if the lads desperate to go it wouldn't matter. Owners probably want as much money as poss for the new gaffer to make signings..
    This is true and the only reason that I can see it happening at this stage. He could be desperate to come back home and made his feelings to Barnsley known.

Not really bud no. He may have already told the board he’s not to happy down there and the last thing a club needs is a player who’s not settled. From what I’m told he’s been dying to get back up here.

Flo Kamberi and Scotty Allan
    Martin Boyle and Stevie Mallan
    That's Entertainment
    That's Entertainment

(Unless we get Barker back for another 12 months).