@hibs.net private member BILLYHIBS's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Thecat23 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Haha not just yet!!
    Don’t forget the jambos top!

@hibs.net private member
    Not sure as nothing has changed far as I’m aware. Mallan happy with deal in place so I’m assuming there is more discussions. Still expect him to be announced this week.
    If he’s happy with the deal and we’re happy with the deal (which we must be or presumably we wouldn’t have offered it?) what negotiations/discussions could be taking place?

Quote Originally Posted by Danderhall Hibs View Post
    If he’s happy with the deal and we’re happy with the deal (which we must be or presumably we wouldn’t have offered it?) what negotiations/discussions could be taking place?
    Could be anything that’s holding it up. Look at the Flo deal. Both happy but the agent wanted a little more. Until a player actually signs anything can happen. I’m confident we’ll have him signed though soon enough.

Quote Originally Posted by BILLYHIBS View Post
    Don’t forget the jambos top!
    No chance that’s happening 😂

@hibs.net private member
    Could be anything that’s holding it up. Look at the Flo deal. Both happy but the agent wanted a little more. Until a player actually signs anything can happen. I’m confident we’ll have him signed though soon enough.
    So it's the agent that's in control here? The player can't just say what he wants?

So it's the agent that's in control here? The player can't just say what he wants?
    Again I’ve no idea, I put an example as you asked a question. Could be a number of things. Hope this helps!

@hibs.net private member MrSmith's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Again I’ve no idea, I put an example as you asked a question. Could be a number of things. Hope this helps!

Keeping my fingers crossed TC :D As always, the info much appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by MrSmith View Post
    Keeping my fingers crossed TC :D As always, the info much appreciated.
    No worries, I’ll post if I hear anything else. As it stands I’m not sure what the hold up is, that’s if there is one.

Im hearing its a 3 year deal

@hibs.net private member
    I'll be honest - it doesn't really help. I've no idea about the technicalities of a football contract. In it's simplistic form the club and player are happy with the deal, yet a number of things can hold it up? Can you give some examples of what it could be?

@hibs.net private member Heisenberg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CRAZYHIBBY View Post
    Im hearing its a 3 year deal
    I’m hearing your patter is dreadful.

I'll be honest - it doesn't really help. I've no idea about the technicalities of a football contract. In it's simplistic form the club and player are happy with the deal, yet a number of things can hold it up? Can you give some examples of what it could be?
    Possibly the fact that both Leann Dempster and George Craig are both in Nyon for Europa Cup draws today might be reason for delay in getting contract signed by both parties?
    What a moment this is!
    It's Liam Henderson to deliver......

Nope sadly don’t have the time sorry.

When I bought a house there was a contract of sale, a willing buyer (me) and a willing seller. And it still took quite a few weeks.

Player might be happy with what Hibs are offering but his head could’ve been turned by the reported Sunderland interest?

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    Player might be happy with what Hibs are offering but his head could’ve been turned by the reported Sunderland interest?
    Or waiting on his contract getting cancelled

@hibs.net private member Greenworld's Avatar

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member Greenworld's Avatar
    The fact that we have spoken to Mallan and apparently agreed a deal means we must have struck a deal with his club.

So the only issues could be players agent trying to get payoff agreed.
    Or
    Players agent Trying to get him to speak to others.
    Or
    None of these and he will be announced tomorrow.

Maybe we just wanted to see what the draw was for Europe first and if we think we can negotiate the first two games. That would give the club more capital albeit only if we win
    You might find a few others announced at the same time ..but I'm just guessing

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member
    That’s a shame. See you on the Hooper thread when you have some spare time.

Can’t see him this being a reason - they only flew out yesterday and back today. This deals been agreed for weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by PatHead View Post
    Or waiting on his contract getting cancelled
    Quote Originally Posted by Tynie01011973 View Post
    Possibly the fact that both Leann Dempster and George Craig are both in Nyon for Europa Cup draws today might be reason for delay in getting contract signed by both parties?
    Yip - can see these being reasons along with that we can only sign on contacts on a Friday like when you buy a house. Although it can be done on deadline day in a couple of hours?

He's unhappy with his assigned bit of the bench in the dressing room / training centre? He wants the table tennis table at EM upgraded? Could be anything tbh. Last time I moved jobs, I made them allocate a personal cubicle in the loo and stop anyone else using it.

Can’t see him this being a reason - they only flew out yesterday and back today. This deals been agreed for weeks.

Yip - can see these being reasons along with that we can only sign on contacts on a Friday like when you buy a house. Although it can be done on deadline day in a couple of hours?
    Take a deep breath there little man, the Hooper thread is a rumour thread. I don’t think you will have seen me saying he’s signing. He’s a player Lennon asked about same with Griffiths doesn’t mean they are coming. But I’m sure you will know this you can’t be that daft eh? I know you just don’t like when folk post stuff they hear but it’s all good, hope you have a wonderful day. 👍🏼

Quote Originally Posted by Beefster View Post
    He's unhappy with his assigned bit of the bench in the dressing room / training centre? He wants the table tennis table at EM upgraded? Could be anything tbh. Last time I moved jobs, I made them allocate a personal cubicle in the loo and stop anyone else using it.
    😂😂

Why do you seem so thoroughly upset about rumours being posted on here? Folk get info and post it up. Don’t take it so seriously.

Why do you seem so thoroughly upset about rumours being posted on here? Folk get info and post it up. Don’t take it so seriously.
    He’s always had an issue for some reason. Until a player signs it’s still just a rumour no matter how confident I am or others are. Be a boring place if we all stopped posting little snippets we hear.

Blog Entries
    Take a deep breath there little man, the Hooper thread is a rumour thread. I don’t think you will have seen me saying he’s signing. He’s a player Lennon asked about same with Griffiths doesn’t mean they are coming. But I’m sure you will know this you can’t be that daft eh? I know you just don’t like when folk post stuff they hear but it’s all good, hope you have a wonderful day. 👍🏼

People saying there's only x or y reason why a transfer hasn't happened yet are living in a dream world. There are genuinely hundreds of possible reasons including some that haven't yet been thought of! The person talking about buying & selling a house is probably the closest analogy, certainly in England. I bought & sold in England once, it took 8 months & all my friends congratulated me on being so quick! I was peripherally involved in some transfers many years ago, before agents arrived & doubled the complexities. I remember one transfer almost falling through because the wife of the player didn't like the curtains in the temporary accommodation. You start listing the possible reasons Cat & I'll spell you in a few hours. Keep up the good work.

Quote Originally Posted by brog View Post

People saying there's only x or y reason why a transfer hasn't happened yet are living in a dream world. There are genuinely hundreds of possible reasons including some that haven't yet been thought of! The person talking about buying & selling a house is probably the closest analogy, certainly in England. I bought & sold in England once, it took 8 months & all my friends congratulated me on being so quick! I was peripherally involved in some transfers many years ago, before agents arrived & doubled the complexities. I remember one transfer almost falling through because the wife of the player didn't like the curtains in the temporary accommodation. You start listing the possible reasons Cat & I'll spell you in a few hours. Keep up the good work.
    That’s exactly it, I’d be here all day with all the different reasons. You’ll know yourself how these things work and it’s not straight forward as people may think. Even when everyone is happy can take time. That curtains story though made me laugh 😂

@hibs.net private member BILLYHIBS's Avatar
    Posted a while back we were interested and that he was keen to come. I was told back then not to post anymore as Barnsley didn’t want this out.

Now I can say that Hibs have apparently agreed to bring him to ER. Source is VERY good so let’s hope it’s near done as he’d be brillant.
    TC. Ever wish you hadn’t bothered reviving this thread? A little knowledge is a dangerous thing.I am sure you can do without the stress!

@hibs.net private member snooky's Avatar
    He’s always had an issue for some reason. Until a player signs it’s still just a rumour no matter how confident I am or others are. Be a boring place if we all stopped posting little snippets we hear.
    Rumours that eventually bear no fruit are disappointing but hearing no rumours is much worse.

Quote Originally Posted by BILLYHIBS View Post
    TC. Ever wish you hadn’t bothered reviving this thread? A little knowledge is a dangerous thing.I am sure you can do without the stress!
    Haha nah I honestly don’t mind Billy, if you post rumours not all are going to like them as you can see. But along with the other posters who post good info on here I appreciate it and it seems a lot more do than the ones who don’t. So I won’t stop anytime soon and I hope the others don’t either.