hibs.net Messageboard

Page 6 of 27 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: Stevie Mallan.

First Team Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Could be a good deal for us and would give us a chance to get him on a pre contract in January. Could see Jack Ross being interested now he’s at Sunderland though.
    Heard he was also on around £6k per week at the moment so this would rule out a permanent deal

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by DJ HIBBY View Post
    Heard he was also on around £6k per week at the moment so this would rule out a permanent deal

Doesn't rule anything out.... if we give him a signing on fee that covers his loss in wages then it works out.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackSheep View Post
    Doesn't rule anything out.... if we give him a signing on fee that covers his loss in wages then it works out.
    Not a chance of Hibs giving someone like Mallan a signing on fee in excess of 100k.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by B.H.F.C View Post
    Not a chance of Hibs giving someone like Mallan a signing on fee in excess of 100k.
    And who says that he wouldn't accept a signing on fee of £100k.... there's more to the game than money, while some may not see it that way, others will.... Mallan is out of favour at Barnsley and we could offer him substantial game time to aid a move elsewhere.

Would be better than a transfer fee of around £250k

If McGinn move on any monies we have left won't go all on transfer fees, does anyone think we'll pay £250K + for any player, it's not our way at ER.

Quote Originally Posted by J-C View Post

If McGinn move on any monies we have left won't go all on transfer fees, does anyone think we'll pay £250K + for any player, it's not our way at ER.
    And the signing on fee may be split 50% this year 50% next year. As you say better than paying a high transfer fee

I think we may pay a fee that size, yes. We were going to do it last year for Luke Berry before that deal fell through.

I don’t see why paying a six figure signing on fee to a player is more likely than us paying it as a transfer fee. In fact I think it’s less likely. For the type of players we are in the market for I don’t think they can command that type of signing on fee when you’re only paying them a couple of grand a week.

I think we may pay a fee that size, yes. We were going to do it last year for Luke Berry before that deal fell through.

I don’t see why paying a six figure signing on fee to a player is more likely than us paying it as a transfer fee. In fact I think it’s less likely. For the type of players we are in the market for I don’t think they can command that type of signing on fee when you’re only paying them a couple of grand a week.

Because a 6 figure fee comes with a 6 figure wage, if Mallan is on £6k then we aint going to match that wage. We pay £250k for Mallan and where is his £5-6k wage coming from? I'd imagine our top earners will be on between £2-4k and we'll have a budget in place to keep it at that level so as we don't overspend. If we have surplus money from any sales I can't see it being blown on big transfer fees, more than likely it'll be used to entice players who's wages are on the higher side, why do you think it took so long to sign Stokes, his signing on fee and wages took a while to negotiate.

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    Because a 6 figure fee comes with a 6 figure wage, if Mallan is on £6k then we aint going to match that wage. We pay £250k for Mallan and where is his £5-6k wage coming from? I'd imagine our top earners will be on between £2-4k and we'll have a budget in place to keep it at that level so as we don't overspend. If we have surplus money from any sales I can't see it being blown on big transfer fees, more than likely it'll be used to entice players who's wages are on the higher side, why do you think it took so long to sign Stokes, his signing on fee and wages took a while to negotiate.

The rumoured fee we were prepared to pay for Luke Berry was £250k.

Quote Originally Posted by blackpoolhibs View Post
    The rumoured fee we were prepared to pay for Luke Berry was £250k.

Again it was rumoured and we don't know how the fee if that was structured, we're not a club that generally spends big on transfers, I'd be delighted if this trend changed and we did start splashing the cash but as I said bigger transfers comes bigger wages, we don't want to get carried away and lose control of the wage bill like other clubs have done.

Again it was rumoured and we don't know how the fee if that was structured, we're not a club that generally spends big on transfers, I'd be delighted if this trend changed and we did start splashing the cash but as I said bigger transfers comes bigger wages, we don't want to get carried away and lose control of the wage bill like other clubs have done.
    We have paid fee's over the years though, we've brought back Riordan for a decent fee, and James Collins was not cheap.

I have no idea how their wages were structured, but to say we dont pay fee's is just wrong. In fact i'm sure there are others i've missed too.

@hibs.net private member
    I'm not sure that bigger transfers necessarily come hand in hand with bigger wages.... the club accepting a certain amount of money for a player and how much that player then wants paid are separate things.

Yes the trend can be how you describe but the wages tend to be calculated with different variable involved.

We have paid fee's over the years though, we've brought back Riordan for a decent fee, and James Collins was not cheap.

I have no idea how their wages were structured, but to say we dont pay fee's is just wrong. In fact i'm sure there are others i've missed too.
    We paid a fee for McGinn as well. Whatever it was it was a bargain.

Quote Originally Posted by Big_Franck View Post

And 100k for Colin Nish and a fee for Brian Graham.

And i'm sure we actually paid a fee around £50k for the admiral Nelson, who's being discussed on another thread.
    Last edited by blackpoolhibs; 25-05-2018 at 02:38 PM.

And 100k for Colin Nish and a fee for Brian Graham.
    We were done up like a kipper there

Quote Originally Posted by Big_Franck View Post
    Did St Mirren not waive the development fee in exchange for a cut of Mcginn's sell-on value?

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DJ HIBBY View Post
    I’d be surprised if he he was getting £6 as a basic wage at Barnsley
    No info, but seems excessive for someone signed from the Scottish championship

Quote Originally Posted by JeMeSouviens View Post
    Did St Mirren not waive the development fee in exchange for a cut of Mcginn's sell-on value?
    No, they lowered it.

Quote Originally Posted by MWHIBBIES View Post
    No, they lowered it.
    Ah, ok.

I never said we don't pay fees but some people are talking about £250k+, gone are the days of paying large transfer fees except maybe Celtic, I'm all for paying fees if necessary but not to the detriment of bloating our wage structure to do so. McGinn's transfer was structured with a larger sell on percentage because we didn't have the full amount St Mirren wanted, I think we paid around £125k.
    https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.c...nian-1-3846067

I'm all for paying fees if necessary but not to the detriment of bloating our wage structure to do so.
    Which is exactly what paying big signing on fees would do. If we’re talking about signing on fees of a comparative size to a potential transfer fee you’d potentially be doubling someone’s money over the duration of a contract.

It might happen for a Franck Sauzee type player but can’t imagine players, who teams may be willing to let go for free, being able to command a big lump sum to sign for us.

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Whizz View Post
    I’d be surprised if he he was getting £6 as a basic wage at Barnsley
    No info, but seems excessive for someone signed from the Scottish championship
    I agree. There is usually clauses in to reduce money if relegated as well.

I never said we don't pay fees but some people are talking about £250k+, gone are the days of paying large transfer fees except maybe Celtic, I'm all for paying fees if necessary but not to the detriment of bloating our wage structure to do so. McGinn's transfer was structured with a larger sell on percentage because we didn't have the full amount St Mirren wanted, I think we paid around £125k.
    https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.c...nian-1-3846067
    Hibs have always paid transfer fee's, we were interested in Berry last season but something underhand apparently went on to scupper that deal. https://www.cambridge-news.co.uk/spo...nited-13298215

Now with more income, bigger crowds and the team in Europe, its possible our position is different, and fee's paid for someone we really want will be found, even at a higher amount than we've previously seen.

Plus we have agreed a fee with Grasshoppers for Kamberi too.
    Last edited by blackpoolhibs; 25-05-2018 at 04:57 PM.

@hibs.net private member
    Hibs have always paid transfer fee's, we were interested in Berry last season but something underhand apparently went on to scupper that deal. https://www.cambridge-news.co.uk/spo...nited-13298215

Now with more income, bigger crowds and the team in Europe, its possible our position is different, and fee's paid for someone we really want will be found, even at a higher amount than we've previously seen.

Plus we have agreed a fee with Grasshoppers for Kamberi too.

As a matter of interest, anyone know how Luke Berry has done (playing wise) since this deal fell through?

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Spanish_Kebab
    Quote Originally Posted by gloryhunter View Post
    As a matter of interest, anyone know how Luke Berry has done (playing wise) since this deal fell through?
    I’m pretty sure he is out with a long term injury like 12 months or so

@hibs.net private member Stevie Reid's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevi_SOL View Post
    I’m pretty sure he is out with a long term injury like 12 months or so
    Yeah he had an horrendous injury, game had to be stopped for about ten mins I think, caused great distress to those who witnessed it. Seemed to be doing well before that though - Luton went up and he scored quite a few goals.

As a side note, Luton are apparently signing Andrew Shinnie permanently.

EDIT:

http://www.itv.com/news/anglia/2018-04-01/luke-berry-luton-town-confirm-players-injuries/
    Last edited by Stevie Reid; 25-05-2018 at 06:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Stevie Reid View Post
    Yeah he had an horrendous injury, game had to be stopped for about ten mins I think, caused great distress to those who witnessed it. Seemed to be doing well before that though - Luton went up and he scored quite a few goals.

As a side note, Luton are apparently signing Andrew Shinnie permanently.

EDIT:

http://www.itv.com/news/anglia/2018-...yers-injuries/
    Love his tweet: Thank you everyone for the messages of support really appreciate it, means the world These things happen the only thing to do now is get high on morphine ?
    Would have fit in perfectly with the rest of the spoon burners here at ER

@hibs.net private member Winston Ingram's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    If we can pay a transfer fee we can pay a signing on fee. All depends on what the signing on fee that Barnsley want is. They paid paid £300k and they surely can’t expect that value to have been maintained

Alex Miller needed a striker, at a difficult time for our club. he convinced the club to give 500k to Dundee! All worked out fine in the end. Keith Keith Keith Keith ....to infinity.

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by monktonharp View Post
    Alex Miller needed a striker, at a difficult time for our club. he convinced the club to give 500k to Dundee! All worked out fine in the end. Keith Keith Keith Keith ....to infinity.
    Think you will find it was more like 350k.

Remember speaking to ex Hibs chairman Dougie Cromb about it.....he told me of a phone conversation at the time with STF who had just supplied the money for the transfer fee, and STF asking him ..”Is he a GOOD player Dougie”.

“I hope so Mr Farmer” was the chairman’s response......