Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Kano

@hibs.net private member LancsHibs's Avatar
    Good positive interview

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bostonhibby View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Felt the same. I'm a shareholder and HSL member from day one. I have no interest in fan ownership for all the very sensible reasons outlined, once we get a meaningful share to block predatory mercer style opportunists I'm out.

As others have said if we can find a way to properly continue a managers fund without ownership after that then that might be an option to consider.

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk
    Certainly needs to be some real thought re fan ownership the major thing appears to be the decision making and who can make that. Having fans making probably emotive based decisions isnt going to help anyone. Was watching the League 2 play off game yesterday between Coventry and Exeter. Exeter are run by a supporters trust who had served notice on their manager in November last season when they were near the bottom of the table. His contract was a 2 year rolling one so because the club couldnt afford to pay him off he was still in charge and had got them into the play off final for the second season in a row. He is now likely to leave as another club want him however what an absolutely bizarre position to be in.

@hibs.net private member ACLeith's Avatar
    Clear headed and concise yet again

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    Kano is an okay guy, has always been decent to me, calls me Scouse whenever he see me in the pub and has a blether. Lives just down the hill from me, has an opinion about some things at Hibs that are maybe misguided but don't we all sometimes.

@hibs.net private member green day's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Scouse Hibby View Post
    Kano is an okay guy, has always been decent to me, calls me Scouse whenever he see me in the pub and has a blether. Lives just down the hill from me, has an opinion about some things at Hibs that are maybe misguided but don't we all sometimes.
    The problem I have is that he has been put right on his "misguided" opinions more than once, and still comes out with the same pish.

Good player, good hibby- don't want him anywhere near a microphone anytime soon.

@hibs.net private member .Sean.'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by NAE NOOKIE View Post
    F knows why because it isn't exactly difficult. STF loaned the money to Hibs to square the bank deal, in the process saving the club a fortune, the money goes back into his pocket and rightly so.

It would be nice to see Hibs attract some outside investment, but as has been said many times ( mostly by me ) our plan to pass 51% of control to the fans makes the chances of attracting the ultra rich with more money than sense virtually nil ... rich folk want the tag 'owner' as the bare minimum for pouring their cash into football's money pit and that's something you wont get at a fan controlled club.

Anybody moaning about the player budget had better start facing up to the reality of what 'fan owned' really means. From now on the way at Hibs will be to spend what we earn from gate money, transfer fees, TV money, prize money and sponsorship and it cant ( and wont ) all go on players wages or transfer fees to bring folk in, the cost of just running the club runs into millions and that's before you start paying the players.

That's why HSL in the years to come will go from being a nice wee boost to club funds to being vitally important ... its going to become imperative that they gather as many contributors as possible and more importantly, that those contributors continue to pay into HSL after the share buying phase has ended. I myself am not a member, but I do intend to join soon and when I do I wont even bother about the share side of things, its all going to be about keeping Hibs competitive.

Forget managerial meltdowns or who will or wont be sold or leave in the summer. By far the biggest issue facing this club is what's going to happen when it does become fan controlled and how we intend to finance it to a standard that will keep us in the hunt for trophies and European football .... in spite of asking these questions for over two years now I have yet to see any plans or projections from anywhere, be that the current Hibs board or HSL, as to how we intend to move forward when the time comes.

As far as I'm concerned we seem to be stumbling blindly into the unknown with nobody taking any notice of addressing the problems that fan ownership will inevitably throw up ... especially in the areas of decision making structures and how to attract investment to a fan controlled club. This is not Germany where big business and rich individuals are still happy to chuck in money without control, we do not have a fan base running into hundreds of thousands like Bundesliga clubs that we can use as a crutch when the going gets tough either. Hibs know all of this, HS knows this .... but the sound of silence from both parties regarding the future is deafening.

Fail to prepare, prepare to fail ..... its time a few folk in and around Hibs got a grip on this before its too late.
    Best post I’ve read on here on a long long time.
    ''It's always been just part of the culture. Growing up, for most working-class kids, is all about football, music or clothes. You might not have much money, but whatever you have got, you're going to look good.'' - Paul Weller

@hibs.net private member BILLYHIBS's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Iain G View Post
    Not going to decline a chance to pedal his odd agenda is he or get his mug on the wireless...
    Kano got a good face for radio though will always be a legend in my eyes.Hates the Hearts and scored against them.

Quote Originally Posted by BILLYHIBS View Post
    Kano got a good face for radio though will always be a legend in my eyes.Hates the Hearts and scored against them.
    Not read the full thread but Leeann has a dig in the evening news

Quote Originally Posted by heretoday View Post

Quote Originally Posted by NAE NOOKIE View Post
    F knows why because it isn't exactly difficult. STF loaned the money to Hibs to square the bank deal, in the process saving the club a fortune, the money goes back into his pocket and rightly so.

It would be nice to see Hibs attract some outside investment, but as has been said many times ( mostly by me ) our plan to pass 51% of control to the fans makes the chances of attracting the ultra rich with more money than sense virtually nil ... rich folk want the tag 'owner' as the bare minimum for pouring their cash into football's money pit and that's something you wont get at a fan controlled club.

Anybody moaning about the player budget had better start facing up to the reality of what 'fan owned' really means. From now on the way at Hibs will be to spend what we earn from gate money, transfer fees, TV money, prize money and sponsorship and it cant ( and wont ) all go on players wages or transfer fees to bring folk in, the cost of just running the club runs into millions and that's before you start paying the players.

That's why HSL in the years to come will go from being a nice wee boost to club funds to being vitally important ... its going to become imperative that they gather as many contributors as possible and more importantly, that those contributors continue to pay into HSL after the share buying phase has ended. I myself am not a member, but I do intend to join soon and when I do I wont even bother about the share side of things, its all going to be about keeping Hibs competitive.

Forget managerial meltdowns or who will or wont be sold or leave in the summer. By far the biggest issue facing this club is what's going to happen when it does become fan controlled and how we intend to finance it to a standard that will keep us in the hunt for trophies and European football .... in spite of asking these questions for over two years now I have yet to see any plans or projections from anywhere, be that the current Hibs board or HSL, as to how we intend to move forward when the time comes.

As far as I'm concerned we seem to be stumbling blindly into the unknown with nobody taking any notice of addressing the problems that fan ownership will inevitably throw up ... especially in the areas of decision making structures and how to attract investment to a fan controlled club. This is not Germany where big business and rich individuals are still happy to chuck in money without control, we do not have a fan base running into hundreds of thousands like Bundesliga clubs that we can use as a crutch when the going gets tough either. Hibs know all of this, HSL knows this .... but the sound of silence from both parties regarding the future is deafening.

Fail to prepare, prepare to fail ..... its time a few folk in and around Hibs got a grip on this before its too late.

When Dylan and SJM are long gone we will still be here.The club is all that matters.The HIBS go marching on!